Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

iwentdoodie posted:

I mean, hes not wrong.

He is literally wrong about Kaep being cut

quote:

On March 3, 2017, Kaepernick officially opted out of his contract with the 49ers, an option as part of his restructured contract, therefore making him a free agent at the start of the 2017 league year.[70]

"He would have been cut if he didn't opt out" is a thing that's also true, but "would have been" isn't "was"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Larch posted:

I don't know how Arthur Blank became wealthy, but if wasn't brains.

Had a friend with an idea. Got fired the same time as his friend. So they both found an investor and did his friend's idea.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/1185921142349058053

This is insanity, take a few weeks man.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Mahomes no

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
N: Vikings don't fall to poo poo in a road game, win me $600

V: Hell yeah. Downside is, I'm going to take this and put it on them again next week, and they'll DEFINITELY let me down then. But as of now, my 200 from 2 weeks ago has quadrupled.

I wanna buy a car y'all, Vikes better win.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Oh good god, at least take the next game off Pat.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
They’re gonna wreck his career

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Burginator posted:

N: Vikings don't fall to poo poo in a road game, win me $600

V: Hell yeah. Downside is, I'm going to take this and put it on them again next week, and they'll DEFINITELY let me down then. But as of now, my 200 from 2 weeks ago has quadrupled.

I wanna buy a car y'all, Vikes better win.

Edit: Also

From PFTC Twitter

Possibly NWS

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Oct 21, 2019

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm glad the ravens are back to not needing recievers, felt weird there for a minute

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ehud posted:

I want to talk about joe burrow

He's incredibly good and it came out of no where. Has a weird throwing motion, kind of like a baseball. He leans away from the point of delivery but then throws it over the top. It's side arm but the leaning makes it have the same result as a conventional hand to ear delivery. Shotgun only, real good at scrambling but not the best footwork. Sets his feet well though. Super smart too. He plays in a high tempo offense that makes him get up to the line quick and make a quick read. It's not that he's going through a lot of progressions it's that he's seeing the defense presnap and hitting the right guys, a lot. So his accuracy issues are still the same but the way he's playing and the offense he's in is making him like the best QB in college football right now. That's with Herbert and Tua absolutely scorching. The only guy who's above him right now in yardage is Anthony Gordon and he's playing in a hyper air raid as well.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Doltos posted:

He's incredibly good and it came out of no where. Has a weird throwing motion, kind of like a baseball. He leans away from the point of delivery but then throws it over the top. It's side arm but the leaning makes it have the same result as a conventional hand to ear delivery. Shotgun only, real good at scrambling but not the best footwork. Sets his feet well though. Super smart too. He plays in a high tempo offense that makes him get up to the line quick and make a quick read. It's not that he's going through a lot of progressions it's that he's seeing the defense presnap and hitting the right guys, a lot. So his accuracy issues are still the same but the way he's playing and the offense he's in is making him like the best QB in college football right now. That's with Herbert and Tua absolutely scorching. The only guy who's above him right now in yardage is Anthony Gordon and he's playing in a hyper air raid as well.

Thank you

Would you take Tua or Burrow?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/JimTrotter_NFL/status/1186058973201326080?s=19

I'm going to rank my top 5 when I calm down

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

I wish we lived in the good timeline where the Chargers were still a real team that was in San Diego

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

OneMoreTime posted:

I wish we lived in the good timeline where the Chargers were still a real team that was in San Diego

Same, friendo

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Doltos posted:

What is Burrow doing differently than last year? It can't just be LSU running a modern offense for the first time ever

Also compare/contrast Hurts to Baker and Murray

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1186070156235001856

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Oct 21, 2019

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

What is Burrow doing differently than last year? It can't just be LSU running a modern offense for the first time ever

Not on this level (or at least against this competition) but Jeff Driskel went from utter trash to pretty awesome getting into a different offense.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ehud posted:

Thank you

Would you take Tua or Burrow?

That whole Bob Stoops coaching tree is taking over the NFL soon. Kingsbury last year, everyone wants Lincoln Riley this year. Bet a bunch more of those air raid copy cat NCAA coaches get offensive coordinator positions soon too. Burrow could find himself in a pretty good situation in the NFL. I think Tua is awesome though. I'd rather the rest of the season pan out before crowning any of them. That's why I like making the draft thread later because for all we know any of these guys could get injured, start playing worse, or start playing even better.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
And in fact Tua got hurt yesterday and had surgery today, although apparently it’s realistic that he could be back in two weeks.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
i believe in.. trusbisky

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

It is like 95 percent this. He's playing in an offense that he's comfortable in, instead of one that was last relevant before he was born.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Jackson was amazing especially in that 4th quarter.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I almost want to go back and watch this game.

https://twitter.com/betterrivals/status/1185981697600446464?s=21

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

You don't.

It was like 75% guys getting sacked, having passes slip in/out of their hands, or getting like 2-3 yards on a rush. None of that was because of the defense.

They got to the 2 minute warning at 10:59 pacific and AP had like 35 first half rushes. It was rough.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/1186061007069822977?s=20

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Time is a flat circle and the chargers are ever running its edge

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

i will never be happy

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Spoeank posted:

You don't.

It was like 75% guys getting sacked, having passes slip in/out of their hands, or getting like 2-3 yards on a rush. None of that was because of the defense.

They got to the 2 minute warning at 10:59 pacific and AP had like 35 first half rushes. It was rough.

When Jimmy G did that first down run I was cringing because I was sure he'd slip in the mud and break his leg. The fact we didn't lose anyone for the season in that slop is the real victory today IMO.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ehud posted:

Get cozy with The Draft Network, they're real good.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

i will never be happy

Remember Kawhi and also the Ducks getting rid of gently caress Corey Perry in the hard times.

The hard times are generally when the Chargers are on the field collecting injuries and bad losses.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
News: New Star Wars trailer drops during Monday Night Football tomorrow.

Views: I'm really mad I am going to have to watch at least the first half of that garbage fest. Hope the points threshold for halftime hits sooner rather than later.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Remember Kawhi and also the Ducks getting rid of gently caress Corey Perry in the hard times.

The hard times are generally when the Chargers are on the field collecting injuries and bad losses.

This loss was seriously nearly as bad as the loss against the Jags a couple years back, which is my gold standard for Charger Loss

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Grittybeard posted:

This is insanity, take a few weeks man.

:emptyquote:

Seriously, dude isn't thinking long-term.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

When Jimmy G did that first down run I was cringing because I was sure he'd slip in the mud and break his leg. The fact we didn't lose anyone for the season in that slop is the real victory today IMO.

When Kittle slipped on the goal line run (?????????) I panicked because I thought he would pull his groin or something.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

MoaM posted:

:emptyquote:

Seriously, dude isn't thinking long-term.

dude is 24 years old, "long term" is an abstract concept

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ehud posted:

No, please let him fall to the Saints.

Hes not falling that far

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Pops Mgee posted:

News: New Star Wars trailer drops during Monday Night Football tomorrow.

The last time this happened the thread in the Cinema Discusso was great and had people watching football waiting for it and asking things like "So is halftime at a certain point quota?"

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Athanatos posted:

The last time this happened the thread in the Cinema Discusso was great and had people watching football waiting for it and asking things like "So is halftime at a certain point quota?"

Lmao I can’t wait for tomorrow night now

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Athanatos posted:

Oh my God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
It still takes me three distinct mental steps to get to "Los Angeles Chargers", every time.

I'm not particularly concerned about changing.