Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

WampaLord posted:

Is it an honor system or do you have to provide some form of proof that you actually saw one, like a picture?

Theres a number of ways. It used to be most didnt have cameras that could get birds like this. So you had to do a good description or even a field sketch of the bird. But nowadays there are better cameras available and thats almost become the standard. I caused a small ruckus last year cause i found a pretty good rarity(3rd county record) but I dont have a camera. And some of the people from northeast birding came by and told me i need to get one or learn to "digibin". They were like "these cameras are just 550 dollars". For "normal" rarities you dont need one. But bigger deal rarities are harder and harder to get accepted without a pic.

Theres also a review board with like 8 people and you need 6/8 to get the bird accepted into records. Or something like that.

Ebird has its own reviewers different for each state.

https://ebird.org/checklist?subID=S60615292

Heres the ebird list for the hermit warbler with the photos. You see the description also. Thats the kind of thing you need for a big rarity like this one.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
https://twitter.com/OddsShark/status/1184532018597695488

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I’d put $10 on the Pats missing.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah if Brady gets hurt there is like an actual competent team in the AFCE for once

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

quote:

The last time the Bengals started a season 0-6 and won the seventh game came in 2000 in one of the greatest single games by a running back in the 100 years of this league. Despite no passing attack on a day Akili Smith completed two of 14 passes for 35 yards, Corey Dillon set the NFL rushing record with 278 yards against what was at the time the second-best rushing defense in the league.

Hell yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St7ddMJDyjs

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I don't care what the hell happens I'm just looking forward to the day Lamar Jackson rushes for 200 yds in a game

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
People are stupid

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1184601270906163200?s=19

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

LeBron James from the Browns

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Imagine wanting to take a swing at someone who is 6'4'' 271 lbs of pure muscle and then thinking you wouldn't immediately get your rear end beat

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
To be fair, dude punched Myles Garret in the face and didn't at all get his rear end beat.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I mean Garrett didn't say he beat his rear end.

But did anyone check the Ohio hospitals for someone who had several bruises / broken bones after slipping on a wet road?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I hate when the Ravens don't play at 1. I like to get whatever anxiousness I have out of my system win or lose and then just enjoy the rest of the games as they come on. I hate still anticipating my own team's games during the 1pm games.

This is also one big benefit as a fan when we do play on a thursday. Even though I dislike everything else about having the game on that day.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Really too much variance today frankly don't blame the team for dropping this one

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I flew in from atl to see this dogshit team. Life choices are questionable but I appreciate the privacy during this difficult time

Gonna eat some goldstar and poo poo myself later AMA

Cool Post Beg fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Oct 21, 2019

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Hmm maybe the other side of the stadium was really packed

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
The 100s were pretty stacked but the 200s and 300s definitely moved towards the shaded side. Lot of empty seats regardless

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Yeah that game sucked but at least you got to be there on a weekend where cool things happened (both old players coming back and threepeat INTs thrown in a row) as opposed to a poo poo game and boring day.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

the bengals loving SUCK

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Can't wait for next year, can't wait for these new Cincinnati Bengals

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

imagine willingly going to a bengals game

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ravens are more or less in the drivers seat here now. But I still expect us to lay an egg in Cincinnati as usual. I think we have a decent shot against the Patriots.

Pulchritudinous
May 19, 2005
It means "to reduce by one-tenth."

I'm going to go out on a limb: Ravens good.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

turning a big dial taht says "Variance" on it and constantly looking back at the audience for approval like a contestant on the price is right

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Kawalimus posted:

Ravens are more or less in the drivers seat here now. But I still expect us to lay an egg in Cincinnati as usual. I think we have a decent shot against the Patriots.

I love you, kawalimus

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

slept the entire night and day

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

sharknado slashfic posted:

imagine willingly going to a bengals game

I drank a lot

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/clevelanddotcom/status/1184593889510023169

I wish this idiot was forced to face Garrett in a They Live style fight

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

I seriously don't get what he was trying to accomplish.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

When a man turns 24 in Strongsville he has to go out and punch the biggest guy he sees

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

The ravens are going to win the superbowl. Quote this post when the ravens win the superbowl.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

chamois posted:

The ravens are going to win the superbowl. Quote this post when the ravens win the superbowl.

We need to trade for a pass rusher. Then we have a shot.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I’d honesty be more interested in another good receiver for Lamar

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lamar keeps rewteeting gifs of himself lol

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

I’d honesty be more interested in another good receiver for Lamar

I'll take that too if one becomes available. Maybe Julio Jones?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The Cleveland Browns will come back next week to face...THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS! Against that defense it's gonna get ugly.

Also I had to do a double take but apparently despite being 2-4 we are second in our division!! WINNING!

Also I'm really happy for Lamar. I wanted to draft him and Saquon Barkley for the Browns but am glad he went to a place that seems to be developing him well and he is performing well. Rootin' for the dude.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

this owns

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Lamar owns

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Gatts posted:

The Cleveland Browns will come back next week to face...THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS! Against that defense it's gonna get ugly.

Also I had to do a double take but apparently despite being 2-4 we are second in our division!! WINNING!

Also I'm really happy for Lamar. I wanted to draft him and Saquon Barkley for the Browns but am glad he went to a place that seems to be developing him well and he is performing well. Rootin' for the dude.

I Picked this game to be my one Browns game this year

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

it should count as two losses for the seahawks and 2 wins for the ravens cause they kicked the give up field goal down 17 win 2 mins left. which means despite winning the ravens also accrued the most important stat: a hypothetical win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Ghost Dog posted:

it should count as two losses for the seahawks and 2 wins for the ravens cause they kicked the give up field goal down 17 win 2 mins left. which means despite winning the ravens also accrued the most important stat: a hypothetical win.

actually ive done the math and that field goal made it a virtual tie. congratulations to the 5-2-1 ravens