Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Lucrece posted:

AITA for knowingly serving fish to people who allegedly were allergic to fish?

This person would have been better off just saying "these dishes have fish in them, there's a salad for you if you want it", and letting them make the choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

A waiter openly mocking you on a first date for your physical appearance is probably the one exception. Why the gently caress would anyone think that is okay?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Talk poo poo No Tip

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
I think my female coworker (22) blocked me (25) on Facebook even though we're not friends.

I'm kind of freaking out. So, I've been falling somewhat heads over heels for this girl with whom I work with. We chat daily, and I keep it professional. I never hit her up first unless I need an answer right away, and I always leave it up to her to ask anything she may want to know. We usually talk about work, and being a barista, as I do it part-time.

Her contract ends this week, so her last day is Friday with my company. Meanwhile, I'm an employee so I'm not leaving anytime soon. We've spoken before, and gotten lunch together. I thought about asking her out but I don't know what is her orientation, nor did I want to ask. I didn't want to make things awkward for any of us.

So I recently searched for her name on Facebook, and decided I would hit up some friends that showed up on her profile. I'm not friends with her mind you, so these are not mutual friends. They should have no way of knowing that I know about said coworker.

I didn't even mention said coworkers name, but I opened up the conversation with them simply as hi, can I ask you a question. The five I reached out to, did not respond. One person did, and again, no names, but I asked him if I could have his assistance in helping find out a person's relationship status.
He mentioned he wasn't comfortable doing that, and ten minutes later, asked me how I found his profile. I don't think he knew that I know and currently work with his friend, whom is my coworker.

So today, I just go to search her profile one more time, and it appears blank, similar to when one is blocked. My heart dropped and I felt scared. I'm a nice guy, but I think he connected the dots. I'm panicking right now because I just visited her profile from another person's Facebook and she shows up. But when I search for her, she does not.

I'm not sure if she knows I've been visiting her profile, or even reaching out to one friend. I'm kind of scared to approach her tomorrow. Up until this point, we've only had interesting, intellectual conversations. Did I screw up?

Tldr: reached out to strangers on Facebook, to see if they could help me find out the status of a coworkers relationship status, and see that I may be potentially blocked. Scared if she found out somehow.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA For Not Tipping After Being Handed A Kids Menu?

His friend is almost as much as an rear end in a top hat as the waitress who made fun of him for no reason at all.

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

I'm only using 18% of my full power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWarmBody posted:

I think my female coworker (22) blocked me (25) on Facebook even though we're not friends.

So I recently searched for her name on Facebook, and decided I would hit up some friends that showed up on her profile. I'm not friends with her mind you, so these are not mutual friends. They should have no way of knowing that I know about said coworker.

I didn't even mention said coworkers name, but I opened up the conversation with them simply as hi, can I ask you a question. The five I reached out to, did not respond. One person did, and again, no names, but I asked him if I could have his assistance in helping find out a person's relationship status.
He mentioned he wasn't comfortable doing that, and ten minutes later, asked me how I found his profile. I don't think he knew that I know and currently work with his friend, whom is my coworker.

Wow, that is...really creepy.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

how is hitting up complete strangers to ask questions about their friend's relationship status less awkward than just asking the person out and maybe getting turned down?? jesus

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Guys are so unsubtle. That friend probably mentioned that a creepo was asking questions and the woman immediately knew who the culprit was.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dazerbeams posted:

Guys are so unsubtle. That friend probably mentioned that a creepo was asking questions and the woman immediately knew who the culprit was.

Theres 0 scenarios where somebody who starts asking me questions like this doesnt just cause a direct notification of who they are talking about. Especially somebody like this guy who seems super weird.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

AWarmBody posted:

She blocked you because you crossed the line from creepy dude at work to creepy internet stalker. She was counting on her contract ending to also put an end to your bullshit, but clearly she overestimated you

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Was shawlbro covered already?

https://twitter.com/GeekRemix/status/1185374058755567617?s=09

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

...aaaaand I just noticed the new title

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Hi, this is officially the most hosed up story I’ve read! I’m not going to do dramatic spoilers as it’s surpassed a level into you have to look away, take a breather, and trudge on in this post. Nothing explicitly awful, but it’s just a long IV drip of “Jesus loving Christ”, you will need a :stare: that grows larger and shatters the device you’re reading this on, growing larger and larger until it engulfs you whole. Enjoy!

quote:

I've (30f) been hiding some things from my husband (30m) regarding his mother (47).
u/fatfae9h
Last year he cut her off and now he's bombarded with guilt from all sides. It's really affecting him and what I have to say will reaffirm his decision, but also break his heart. We've been through hell and realized the only way to survive that is by being 100% open and honest. I feel guilty for hiding that from him but you'll see it's something you simply don't tell to people.

His mother comes from a rich family and has 3 very successful siblings. She on the other hand, got pregnant at 15, dropped out of school and gave the custody of the kid to her oldest brother. It's no secret, the kid knew who her biological mother was from a very young age but mil refuses to acknowledge that to this day. She instantly got pregnant again and had my husband at 17. 13 years later she had a daughter, kept them both. She never managed to hold on a job or a partner and her entire life is one big pity party. Her family supports her financially and that's like a power trip to her, she wants them to buy her the best of everything. She's completely devoid of emotions and can be incredibly cruel but they all treat her like a toddler and she acts accordingly. I had some issues in the past and because of that she sees me as subhuman and doesn't hide her true face in front of me. Her behavior changes the second someone else walks in the room, my husband only has a vague idea of how she treated me. I only feel bad for hiding things she said about him and her behavior when he was sick.

We met in uni and he became the best friend I've ever had. When he found out about my past baggage he didn't run away screaming but helped me heal. He wanted to be with me and waited patiently until I was ready. We live in a college town, locals live at home until they graduate or find a good job, moving out is very unusual for us. He needed to escape from his home life and moved out shortly after we started dating, I spent all my time in his apartment and few weeks later I officially moved in. His mother started hating me the moment I moved in, she was convinced I planted the idea in his head. She asked around and found out about my past and she never shut up about it. We got engaged pretty fast and she caused a huge scene. He cut all ties with her and I kept finding excuses to push the date, I was hoping they will reconcile so she can come to the wedding. In hindsight, I was dumb af.

2 years later we finally had a date but a month before the wedding our life flipped upside down. This will be so loving hard to write. He came down with something and being the panicked bride to be, I took him to the ER. He went in for the sniffles, the next day he was in an induced coma. Turned out to be toxic shock, all his organs were shutting down and he had a 3% chance of survival. He was critical for 6 days, people he hadn't seen since elementary school were coming to say goodbye. I never left the hospital, his entire family and my parents were coming every day, his mother came a grand total of 2 times. She told me there's no point in her coming cause he's not awake. I still can't wrap my mind around that and never told him. He thinks she was there all the time. Oh yeah, she also used his illness as and excuse to quit her job and hasn't worked since. 6 days later he was awake but still pretty deep in the woods, we didn't know if his kidneys will regain function, if his liver will react to the treatment and he had gangrene in all limbs. The doctors told him they might have to amputate to save his life. His mother started coming every day and acting like a proper lunatic, this too was her own pity party.

They amputated parts of his fingers first. The surgery was incredibly risky because of his overall state. I was losing my mind, I didn't know if I will see him again. He made it and as soon as he woke up he apologized I didn't get my perfect wedding day, then he offered me a way out. That was it for me, I informed him we're getting married then and there. I told our families and his mother called me insane, said she doesn't have time for empty gestures while her son is dying. I told my parents about that and we agreed it would be best if nobody came, them being there will only make him wonder why his mother isn't. Few days later we got married in a hospital room, it was just us, the judge and 2 nurses as witnesses. My parents didn't get to attend the wedding of their only child because of her. Never told him about that.

Few days later they amputated parts of his feet. It was the best case scenario, he wouldn't even need prosthetic legs. While he was in the hospital we realized we won't be able to go back in our inaccessible apartment after he's discharged. We were supposed to stay with my parents during his recovery but his mother butted in again, she wanted to care for her boy. My parents paid for some renovations and adjustments in her guest house and we moved there. His recover didn't go as smoothly as we anticipated, there were further complications and surgeries and we spent months there. He needed constant care and I didn't trust her, so my awesome boss let me work from home. One day I went to the main house and saw his 9yo sister cleaning, I realized she's never seen her mother clean. Another reminder of how stupid I am, I helped her clean the house and cooked dinner. His mother started asking me to "help her" with the cleaning and cooking, I was desperate for her to accept me so while he was at rehab, I would clean her house and cook meals for the next few days. I was working full time, taking care of my husband and acting as her maid. Never told him that either.

His fingers had zero dexterity and the physical therapist suggested knitting. He did as soon as he was able to hold a needle and it's unbelievable how much it helped him. His mother had something to say about that too. Whenever I was over at her place, she would mock him for being a granny, said the next step is a sex change, called us lesbians and had never ending homophobic rants. She was mocking the thing that helped him regain his independence and return to normalcy and she really took it too far. Ofc I never told him that either. We moved out as soon as he was back on his feet, she got pissy and they didn't talk for months.

Some time later the bones in his feet started growing and it was incredibly painful for him, he couldn't put any weight on them. The only option was to have them amputated again, this time below the knee because of his height, low level amputations would only cause more issues down the line. He was scared shitless because the only prosthetic legs available in our country were world war 2 leftovers, there was no way he could regain his old mobility. While we were going through that stress, his mother pulled the worst thing she's ever done. She went to the police and said I coaxed her son into marriage while he was drugged out of his mind and incompetent to make that decision, also said he isn't back on his feet yet because I'm physically abusing him. A social worker came over and we cleared the situation. To this day he's convinced it was a regular check, he doesn't know she called me to gloat and ask if our marriage was annulled yet.

Our families jumped in to help, we went to a civilized country for the amputations, recovery and his new legs. Now he's healthy, happy, living a completely normal life and he's far more active and sporty than he ever used to be. We're still crazy in love and that whole ordeal only brought us closer. We're no longer 2 kids just out of college and we made a pretty good life for ourselves. He has an on and off relationship with his mother, I haven't talked to her in years. As I already said, she gets a rush out of people doing things for her so having her disabled son care for her is the ultimate high. Every now and then he would cut her off but she would weasel back in. She feigned an illness twice! Last year her youngest daughter got emancipated and came to live with us. His mother started spiraling, apparently now she has anxiety and pesters everyone in the family to take her to different psychiatrists until someone confirms that. Still no diagnosis but she leeches alternative treatments from her family. My husband cut her off for the last time when she asked him to buy her several brands of cannabis oil to find which one suits her best and threatened to turn to actual drugs if he doesn't.

My baby sister in law finished high school a year early and 2 months ago she moved to another continent for uni. Neither of them are talking to their mother but something is going on. Their entire family started blaming him for cutting her off and it's starting to get to him. The thing about prosthetic legs is that you don't buy them once and it's a done deal, you need replacements every few years. Our country has extremely low living standards and a new pair of legs is twice our combined annual salary. We can not afford to take care of an almost 50yo toddler on top of that. She's been unemployed for over 8 years, lives alone in a huge house and refuses to rent out the quest house. She spends money she didn't earn like crazy and yet when he finally bought running legs she said it was unnecessary and wasteful. If I tell him everything I hid over the years he will never, ever be roped into caring for her again. But how could I ever tell him those things?

TLDR- Plainly put, my mil is insane. Refuses to acknowledge the kid she had at 15 and was raised by her brother, my husband cuts ties with her at least once a year and her youngest got emancipated at 16 and moved to another continent at 17. Her total work experience doesn't even accumulate to 2 years but her entire family supports her insane spending habits. She's always hated me and never put on that sweet, helpless facade when we're alone. 8 years ago my husband almost died from toxic shock and lost parts of his fingers and both legs. While he was in the hospital and during the recovery she said and did things that will destroy him if he finds out. Too many to put in a tldr, but the biggest one was reporting me to the police and getting the social services involved hoping to get our marriage annulled. Last year he cut her off again and now his entire family is trying to guilt him into reinstating their relationship, which will eventually turn to taking care of her financially. We CAN NOT afford that cause we live in a backwards country and every few years he has to travel abroad to get new prosthetic legs and pay them in full. I see that all the pressure is starting to affect him and at times I just want to scream it all out. If he knew those things, he wouldn't think twice about his decision to cut her off but I could never hurt him like that. I'd rather use the her or me card. I'm genuinely losing my mind.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

teen witch posted:

Hi, this is officially the most hosed up story I’ve read! I’m not going to do dramatic spoilers as it’s surpassed a level into you have to look away, take a breather, and trudge on in this post. Nothing explicitly awful, but it’s just a long IV drip of “Jesus loving Christ”, you will need a :stare: that grows larger and shatters the device you’re reading this on, growing larger and larger until it engulfs you whole. Enjoy!

"I can't tell him his mother has tried to destroy our marriage repeatedly and openly mocks him to everyone who will listen."

I like how several of the commentators point out she is enabling the continued abuse and lovely treatment by trying to "hide" things from her husband. Victims tend to take on abuse and maltreatment because they think they are doing the right thing for the benefit of someone else without the understanding that hiding the truth from someone is always harmful in the end.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

quote:

If I tell him everything I hid over the years he will never, ever be roped into caring for her again. But how could I ever tell him those things?
Lady, this is a problem that solves itself.

Hey, he's not touch and go and it seems like the two are happy given what they have overcome. You cook a nice dinner, sit him down, and go over everything very carefully.

Dude's already in the habit of cutting her off. He just needs to stand by it, but not unload all of this poo poo as a reason. Just a simple "You're not good for us".

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

teen witch posted:

The answer is poison.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Yeah mom poisoned him

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for refusing to reimburse my stepsister for something that broke when I was babysitting?

I (16f) have a stepsister (25f). My mom married her dad about a year ago.

My stepsister has 4 year old twins, and a cat and dog. I've been at her house a couple of times but I never babysat, because I'm not good with kids.

Well, her babysitter fell though last minute when she was supposed to visit her sick mother in law with her husband. She asked everyone but I was the only one available.

I was kinda scared, I never babysat before, and two toddlers plus two pets sounds like a lot. I told her that too but I agreed. So that day I spend running behind toddlers, trying to walk the dog without losing the kids, making lunch and dinner, keeping the kids from bullying the cat, dealing with tantrums and meltdowns, normal babysitter stuff?

I babysat from 9 to 9, to say it was a whirlwind would be an understatement, I was exhausted. I tried my best to keep the house clean but one of the kids did break a watch. I'm not ever sure where he got it from, it must have been in a drawer somewhere.

When stepsister and her husband came home they where grateful that I could come, but annoyed about the watch. My sister told me it was about 120 euros (about 130 USD), and if I would pay her back.

I told her no. She knew I wasn't an experienced babysitter at all, I was going all of this as a favour to them, and I just spend 12 hours working for free. I told her we could go 50/50, or that I could pay the difference of the watch and 12 hours of labour, but that I won't be paying in full.

Now she thinks I'm entitled for breaking something when I was responsible and refusing to pay for it, which I guess I can see. I think she's a bit unreasonable too.

AITA? Should I just pay?

Edit: Minimum wage for 16 year olds is less than 4 euros, so even if I was paid for my time I'd still owe her money if I was paying for the watch.

Edit2: Yeah I wasn't planning on babysitting for her again.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

dudeness posted:

Oi! 3 stone of PCP guv, and make it snappy!

Thats 42 pounds. What major metropolitan area's water supply do you plan on poisoning?

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for refusing to reimburse my stepsister for something that broke when I was babysitting?

I (16f) have a stepsister (25f). My mom married her dad about a year ago.

My stepsister has 4 year old twins, and a cat and dog. I've been at her house a couple of times but I never babysat, because I'm not good with kids.

Well, her babysitter fell though last minute when she was supposed to visit her sick mother in law with her husband. She asked everyone but I was the only one available.

I was kinda scared, I never babysat before, and two toddlers plus two pets sounds like a lot. I told her that too but I agreed. So that day I spend running behind toddlers, trying to walk the dog without losing the kids, making lunch and dinner, keeping the kids from bullying the cat, dealing with tantrums and meltdowns, normal babysitter stuff?

I babysat from 9 to 9, to say it was a whirlwind would be an understatement, I was exhausted. I tried my best to keep the house clean but one of the kids did break a watch. I'm not ever sure where he got it from, it must have been in a drawer somewhere.

When stepsister and her husband came home they where grateful that I could come, but annoyed about the watch. My sister told me it was about 120 euros (about 130 USD), and if I would pay her back.

I told her no. She knew I wasn't an experienced babysitter at all, I was going all of this as a favour to them, and I just spend 12 hours working for free. I told her we could go 50/50, or that I could pay the difference of the watch and 12 hours of labour, but that I won't be paying in full.

Now she thinks I'm entitled for breaking something when I was responsible and refusing to pay for it, which I guess I can see. I think she's a bit unreasonable too.

AITA? Should I just pay?

Edit: Minimum wage for 16 year olds is less than 4 euros, so even if I was paid for my time I'd still owe her money if I was paying for the watch.

Edit2: Yeah I wasn't planning on babysitting for her again.
That's why you have homeowner's insurance

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

The girl I have a crush on already has a boyfriend. She is also my cousin. Do you think she knows I have a crush on her by now?

As for ages, my cousin is 20, I'm 17. Since around April-May. I've had a crush on my biologically related first cousin, and I think she might be suspicious by now.

1.I have started giving her greeting and goodbye hugs.

2.I have asked her 2-3 times when she will post a new Instagram picture (last time was in July)

3.I've texted her saying I miss her several times (we live like 4-5 hours away)

4.I texted her saying she looked good when I got a picture of her on Snapchat.

5.I've told her she's the best football player in the world (she plays in a football team)

6.When I described her she told me she thought I was cute.

7.I texted her boyfriend I was sad because I thought my cousin hates me, and then I sent a picture of me showing I had harmed myself (I don't think he showed it to my cousin though). He then told me I should stop, and that my cousin likes me and cares about me.

tl:dr: I've been giving my blood related first cousin several hints for about 6 months so she might know I have a crush on her by now.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Smirking_Serpent posted:

7.I texted her boyfriend I was sad because I thought my cousin hates me, and then I sent a picture of me showing I had harmed myself (I don't think he showed it to my cousin though). He then told me I should stop, and that my cousin likes me and cares about me.

"Hm, need to think of another nice subtle hint that I can drop" *breaks out the razor blades*

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lucrece posted:

A former co-worker had fish allergy and he decided to test how severe it was and ate like a fingernail-sized piece of salmon. Next thing he was blind (because the swelling completely covered his eyes) and air-lifted to hospital because he couldn't breathe.

His face is still all hosed up, like previously he had normal skin but now he looks like that guy the Russians poisoned.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I think your cousin is less suspicious that you gave a crush and more that youre going to kill her.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Lucrece posted:

You do not knowingly serve a certain food to people who said they were allergic to that food, what the gently caress is wrong with you. You could have literally killed them.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
AITA For lying about not having a STD

quote:

This is a throw away account for reasons that will become more apparent later. I read the rules, and while this does involve my relationship with my husband, it’s not an example of those banned topics outlined in the rules.

Me and my husband have been married for over 10 years. We don’t have any children as he is sterile (thank god) and neither of us really want to be parents anyway.

We are, however, an adventurous couple who go on many trips, do many things, and have multiple sexual partners. Together. One could describe us as a polyamorous-swinger couple.

Of the two of us, I’m the most sexually active. He adventures on his own on rare occasions, but he usually just wants multiple partners only if I’m involved with the act as well. But, I have a few FWB’s of multiple genders and backgrounds. This is well within our boundaries as a relationship.

We established a rule a long time ago that if either or both of us are no longer comfortable with this sort of lifestyle we will call it quits and become monogamous.

Sorry for the long exposition, but this is all relevant. Your patience is appreciated.

Well, a few months ago, I fooled around with a new male partner, and he didn’t tell me until afterwards that he is HIV positive. I told my husband about this, and he was understandably worried and said that I needed to get tested as soon as possible. I agreed and had a test done at our practitioner.

A few weeks later, I got a call to go back to get the results. Husband was working and couldn’t get the time off to go with me, so I went by myself.

My results were positive. I was 100 percent completely and utterly devastated. I didn’t know what to do. I wanted to be with my husband. I drove home in tears.

I called my husband to give him the bad news after I arrived home, but when I was just about to tell him, I kinda panicked and said my results were “inconclusive”. I don’t know why I lied. I’ve never lied to him before. My emotions were going in three different directions and my mouth just uttered those words as a result. He believed me and asked me if they referred me to a specialist to get more conclusive results. I told them they did, and that they were going to call me to set up an appointment.

This was two weeks ago. During this time I haven’t had other partners and I haven’t had sex with my husband either. But I want to. I want to have sex with him so bad because it’ll calm me down. I’ve been trying to initiate with him, but he says that he’d rather be safe at the moment and if my “new results” are positive he’ll do it then with a condom. I don’t want him to use a condom. What’s the point of being married to a sterile guy when you still have to use a condom?

I have to tell him the truth but I don’t know what that would bring. I’d like to think he’d understand, but I’ve also been trying to initiate sex with him knowing that I have HIV and knowing that I’ve lied to him.

tl;dr AITA for lying to my husband about HIV?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It's too bad straight people don't have access to PrEP

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Pinecone Sample posted:

Not the rear end in a top hat for lying. Panicking and reflexively lying about something happens all the time, it's okay. Just come clean to him and this part will be solved.

You're definitely the rear end in a top hat, though, for trying to initiate sex with him when he has no knowledge of your HIV positive status, AND for not wanting to have sex with him if he uses a condom despite you being HIV positive.

loving hell.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Absolutely none of this persons behavior after being diagnosed is ok and the fact that she never mentions any effort to do anything about the person who infected her is leaving me powerless, screaming in the theater at her husband to not go in there.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Pinecone Sample posted:

This was two weeks ago. During this time I haven’t had other partners and I haven’t had sex with my husband either. But I want to. I want to have sex with him so bad because it’ll calm me down. I’ve been trying to initiate with him, but he says that he’d rather be safe at the moment and if my “new results” are positive he’ll do it then with a condom. I don’t want him to use a condom. What’s the point of being married to a sterile guy when you still have to use a condom?

I refuse to believe this is real, if only to protect my tenuous grasp on sanity. Also, she was way too casual about the whole "hosed this dude without a condom, he told me later he was HIV positive" situation. People who knowingly infect others with this plague belong in prison.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

teen witch posted:

Feel like I finally know the backstory to Hospice by The Antlers now.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

teen witch posted:

They don't make a :stare: big enough for this one. JFC

The mom def poisoned the man. You don't have *all* of your organs start shutting down at once without something nasty running through all of them via the bloodstream.

OP is doing a huge disservice to her man by not telling him his mom is a monster.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Railing Kill posted:

The mom def poisoned the man. You don't have *all* of your organs start shutting down at once without something nasty running through all of them via the bloodstream.

i mean, the post attributes it to toxic shock, which is basically a staph infection from hell and can't really be induced in someone easily :shrug:

the mom sounds like a monster but i don't think she's quite that level of monster

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Araenna posted:

That's why you have homeowner's insurance
The watch was $130, I don't think deductibles ever get that low

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Mikl posted:

You do not knowingly serve a certain food to people who said they were allergic to that food, what the gently caress is wrong with you. You could have literally killed them.

it would be a good thing, if we keep making allowances for people with food allergies our society will only weaken

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
nah the true measure of a society is how you treat your vulnerable, a real utopia makes accordance for allergies

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Anne Whateley posted:

The watch was $130, I don't think deductibles ever get that low

Yeah, which to me says "you can afford to absorb this cost instead of pinning it on the kid that babysat for you for free for 12 hours. I know that she said minimum wage there is 4 euro ( this must be eastern Europe or something?), but here in the US I couldn't buy 12 hours of babysitting for $130 euro.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Yeah, she's honestly contributing to her husband's ongoing abuse at his mother's hands by keeping all these secrets. It's understandable how she got to where she is: he almost died and she made the reasonable decision to handle upsetting details on her own instead of contributing to his problems. But she never let go of the attitude that her husband is a precious, fragile flower who will crumble at a slight breeze after he got out of the hospital and back on his feet. By hiding these experiences that directly involved him, it perpetuates the on-again-off-again relationship he keeps getting burned by.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

My (43m) girlfriend (33f) and I are intellectually very different
u/anataqaa54m
I've known my girlfriend for a long time, but we started dating a year ago. We're both musicians, although I'm more of an active musician at this point. There was a time during which we grew apart, which was also the time during which she suffered from -- and spent time recovering from -- a great deal of burnout with her job. She blames this period for losing her sense of curiosity about music and gravitating to pop as a comfort zone. Same with tv and books. But even before that, most of the music we had in common was introduced to her by someone else. I didn't know this until we'd moved in together.

What's frustrating is that when I show her something off the beaten path, she's often interested right then, and she'll go to shows with me, but she rarely seeks anything out on her own that's not extremely safe, and left to her own devices she'll just drift back to more comfortable stuff. I want to be shown things! I'm tired of always being the one sharing, well, pretty much everything. And it's not just about her post-burnout interests; I'm often frustrated by gaps in our mutual knowledge and while we have good conversations about abstract topics, I'm pleasantly surprised when something specific lands.

She's a smart person who's very attuned to feelings and interested in personal growth, but when I'm completely honest with myself, I'm less into those things than in aesthetics. And I'm old enough to know that while that might not be the *right* way to be, it's who I am. I'm not the most mature human on the planet, but I'm intellectually voracious.

Is this just an inevitable point of incompatibility? I guess no two people are perfect for each other. And maybe I need to accept my role as information source and her role as emotional compass?

tl&dr; Maybe intellectual differences in a relationship are a problem, or maybe i just need to get over myself.

Really considering making a DUMP HIM emote for this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

teen witch posted:

Really considering making a DUMP HIM emote for this thread.

But hes 43 and writes with the skill and wisdom of a man 30 years younger