Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malah
May 18, 2015

Someone get Deep Silver on the line and make this happen :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I visited the clan hall and looked at what was on offer, but my mastery apparently isn't high enough (it's currently 4) to make most of this stuff (even though I have the mats to make a number of things).

How do people generally deal with trying to balance effectiveness with ranking up equipment? I imagine it's good to have at least one of your weapons be higher rank at all times, but I want to avoid using maxed out stuff since that's basically like wasted XP if I'm understanding correctly.

Also, how hard is it generally to grind a boss for warframe parts? I haven't actually tried yet, but I figure I should get the Rhino parts since I have access to that boss.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Ytlaya posted:

I visited the clan hall and looked at what was on offer, but my mastery apparently isn't high enough (it's currently 4) to make most of this stuff (even though I have the mats to make a number of things).

How do people generally deal with trying to balance effectiveness with ranking up equipment? I imagine it's good to have at least one of your weapons be higher rank at all times, but I want to avoid using maxed out stuff since that's basically like wasted XP if I'm understanding correctly.

Also, how hard is it generally to grind a boss for warframe parts? I haven't actually tried yet, but I figure I should get the Rhino parts since I have access to that boss.

Absolutely go for Rhino, he is one of the most solid 'frames in the game. It's annoying, but well worth the effort. I also HIGHLY suggest Frost, he's tanky and he is simple to use and incredibly useful to groups. His snowglobe can protect you and your allies and your objective with nowhere near the hassle required of more advanced 'frames like Gara or Limbo.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

some bosses are more annoying than others but any you have access to will be on the really easy end of the spectrum

also do them in public groups cause it'll go a lot smoother

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Ytlaya posted:

Have one Good Thing(tm) that you actually use and two slots (plus pet/sentinel, where applicable) that you're just leveling for MR. Early on that almost always means you have your kickass primary gun (Hek, Ignis Wraith, etc) and your secondary/melee as MR fodder that you cycle through. Grinding frames as you go is also a good way to keep the MR up. Once you complete The New Strange you unlock Sanctuary Onslaught, which is how you'll want to level frames and is also good for leveling weapons until you beat the critical path storyline and unlock Elite Sanctuary Onslaught. If you don't like a frame you can quickly grind it here for the MR then go back to what you were doing in a frame you like.

Most boss-drop frames aren't terribly painful. Much later there's a couple of them that are a bitch to get because you have to grind up a separate mission type just to gain a chance at the boss, but that's so far ahead of you that it doesn't matter.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
It depends on the bosses drop table.
For the easy ones it's mostly a ~1/3 (you buy the main bp from the store) or 1/4. Sometimes you get a bit unlucky and need a frustrating amount of runs to get the last part ( 1-(1-p)^n can be a jerk ). But for average bosses where the mission takes 2-3 minutes (pub it or ask for a taxi if you get stuck on the fight itself) it's usually pretty quick.

Then there's annoying ones like Equinox, which needs like 8 parts, so hunting that last one requires some persistence. Or there's boss fights that take 10+ minutes to run like ambulas, or have entry ticket requirements (meaning, more time required per attempt) like Kela.

Boss (+dojo and mission type) frames were 90% of my early starchart MR, and i was bottlenecked more often by frame slots or materials needed for the builds themselves than the frame blueprints.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

SIGSEGV posted:

Nobody ever checks their PMs on wf.m so you trade you looking in the for sale list and clicking the buttons on a line until it gives you a line of text to copy and paste into warframe chat. Then you meet up at a dojo and trade. If you sell on wf.m, remember to check that people aren't trying to gently caress you over by editing the price, they do that sometimes, also send all bargainers packing, because gently caress those guys wasting my time.
if they do edit the price you can report them on warframe.market, it's against the law there

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I was buying something listed on Warframe Market earlier today and The seller invited me to their dojo and insisted I go to the second trading console. I didn't even know the trading console made a difference but I could not trade with him at the console in the room where I spawned.

The dojo was like some kind of maze or something and he insisted I go through it. There were also several other of his clan there.

I felt bad about just leaving because they must've put work into their dojo and wanted me to see it. :( I just wanted to buy my goods and go back to cracking relics.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Ytlaya posted:

edit: If I'm understanding this correctly it looks like you can buy all the parts to craft prime warframes for like 80-150 platinum even for vaulted ones?
Sort of. Was going through my inventory after cracking random stuff for a few weeks, these are rough wf.m prices from this week

Reminder that those are set prices, which are usually "sum of component prices + 10% to 50% lazy tax", so you can pick them up even cheaper if you already have some parts or dont mind using 4 trades.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Oct 21, 2019

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Unperson_47 posted:

I was buying something listed on Warframe Market earlier today and The seller invited me to their dojo and insisted I go to the second trading console. I didn't even know the trading console made a difference but I could not trade with him at the console in the room where I spawned.

The dojo was like some kind of maze or something and he insisted I go through it. There were also several other of his clan there.

I felt bad about just leaving because they must've put work into their dojo and wanted me to see it. :( I just wanted to buy my goods and go back to cracking relics.

lol space ikea

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Unperson_47 posted:

I think there's another dojo structure that looks almost identical but is for clan contributions to the collective resource pile rather than trading. It might've been innocent.

On the other hand, I know of at least one goon who would challenge pubbies to reach the inverted trading post on the ceiling of the GOON dojo. He at least had the decency to offer them a discount if they could make it, though. :v:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Sort of. Was going through my inventory after cracking random stuff for a few weeks, these are rough wf.m prices from this week

Reminder that those are set prices, which are usually "sum of component prices + 10% to 50% lazy tax", so you can pick them up even cheaper if you already have some parts or dont mind using 4 trades.
Loki's an outlier because he's been vaulted for approximately five billion years, right?

And Vauban's been vaulted for a while and is composed entirely of Gold rarity parts

i have no idea how I got him back in the day when he wasn't vaulted

... Dang, Mesa's cheap

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I put a potato into my regular Loki, no regrets. I find him so much quicker and easier to use than Infiltrate Ivara, and if I want to get through laser barriers, just use switch teleport.

Ivara’s kit is so much more flexible though.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
The early bosses that will ruin your day are Vay Hek (Earth) and Lech Kril (Mars).

Neither of them are hard if you read up but pubbies can be relied upon to do approximately zero of that.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Today, I killed Lech Kril on my first attempt (ever) -- with a loving Bronco lol.

Also twice I've gotten 1/2 off sale whatevers from... something, went to the market, and forgotten it's a one-time coupon, not a sale, and used up my discount on piddly poo poo :saddowns:

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Zereth posted:

And Vauban's been vaulted for a while and is composed entirely of Gold rarity parts

i have no idea how I got him back in the day when he wasn't vaulted

Vauban was one of my favorites, and I spent so, so long on that oxium. I had nekroses and hydroids to boost the loot and it still took an insane amount of time. It burned me out on warframe for like a year. I still get completely apoplectic at how easy it is to get now, when I accidentally think about it. I also hope his rework is going to be good, despite looking pretty boring and lackluster in the stream. Just give him a loving super high dps canon turret you dumb shits.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

for starting out having a solid gun (maybe putting a potato in it for extra measure if you got one i forget the new player experience) like the regular braton or some twitch prime freebie if you got that, is a good measure then just using the rest of your slots for things to level

but once you unlock New Strange you can just use sanctuary onslaught to level things then use regular missions with stuff that's maxed, the affinity gain is never comparable from just using things regularly to doing NOS or EOS for like 5-20 minutes

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Ivara Prime Concept hot of the press:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm so excited for Shadow of Warframe that I cannot even.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Shadows of Mordor had the fun army-chessboard hierarchy tho, with an intricate promotions and rival system that you could start manipulating for your pawns. Which is how i ended up converting every single leader on both areas.
Steve himself said they can't obviously go quite that deep with their nemesis version (yet?).

Also if i cant do the handshake emote with my recruited lich the entire system is worthless :colbert:

Zereth posted:

Loki's an outlier because he's been vaulted for approximately five billion years, right?
He was unvaulted recently, but his systems was a rare axi (L4) that only dropped in marduk, which was a 6 minute run for a 6% chance to get a relic that had a 10% chance to drop the systems. It's why the systems alone are 200p, and the uncracked L4s alone are like 60p-100p (so opening them is actually likely to lose you plat).

Loki Prime can't do a single thing that regular loki can't, and his best skin is a nice tennogen (that you mostly wont see because you're cloaked) anyway. Some MR just comes at absurd prices i guess.

glad to see theyre finally turning down the anime in warframe a bit

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Oct 21, 2019

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

yeah loki p is pretty much only good for mastery by this point and once you get to the point you need that for mastery just nut up and plat down cause you'll never use him outside 4 times a month maybe

if even that

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I use Loki P only for Riven unlocks, and even then only because of nostalgia (because other frames can do his things passibly)

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Loki Prime was the unvaulting just before the last one.

Isn't the new nightwave going up today?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Malah posted:

I HEARD PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT NEZHA, MOVE OVER MOTHERFUCKERS :getin:

Also, since apparently many goons don't know this: with safeguard augment, :siren: Nezha can cast the shield hoops onto orb vallis defense objectives like extractors/coildrives/drones :siren:, making completing any bonus a certainty even when doing level 5 bounties with complete newbies.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Enjoying Mesa Prime the last few days in ESO/random missions, but having issues with survivability in late game/high level. Anyone have a good build for her frame? Currently have health at ~1200 with vitality and gladiator health, she has pretty low armor so not sure if buffing that would be effective. Got her pistols pretty much maxed with crit/crit damage + the usual damage buffs.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

What's up with this clan stuff where you buy clones to defend a thing or whatever? I saw some options about this that said something about making people pay the clan to use a portal or something.

Mailer posted:

Have one Good Thing(tm) that you actually use and two slots (plus pet/sentinel, where applicable) that you're just leveling for MR. Early on that almost always means you have your kickass primary gun (Hek, Ignis Wraith, etc) and your secondary/melee as MR fodder that you cycle through. Grinding frames as you go is also a good way to keep the MR up. Once you complete The New Strange you unlock Sanctuary Onslaught, which is how you'll want to level frames and is also good for leveling weapons until you beat the critical path storyline and unlock Elite Sanctuary Onslaught. If you don't like a frame you can quickly grind it here for the MR then go back to what you were doing in a frame you like.

Most boss-drop frames aren't terribly painful. Much later there's a couple of them that are a bitch to get because you have to grind up a separate mission type just to gain a chance at the boss, but that's so far ahead of you that it doesn't matter.

I've decided to mostly focus on progression now (aside from grinding out Rhino since I need to put MR at another frame since I maxed mine) after realizing that I can't start the syndicate stuff yet (which I figure I want to get started on so I can do its weekly or daily content or whatever).

Malah
May 18, 2015

Truga posted:

Also, since apparently many goons don't know this: with safeguard augment, :siren: Nezha can cast the shield hoops onto orb vallis defense objectives like extractors/coildrives/drones :siren:, making completing any bonus a certainty even when doing level 5 bounties with complete newbies.
Nezha can Safeguard anything friendly except for terminals and def targets (not operatives) IIRC. It's a fantastic augment.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

What's up with this clan stuff where you buy clones to defend a thing or whatever? I saw some options about this that said something about making people pay the clan to use a portal or something.

Old PvP stuff. Clans used to be able to fight for the right to tax Dark Sectors, nodes that give things like bonus credits. This hasn't been a thing in a long time, but :effort: when there are new open worlds and kuva liches and gameplay systems to tear down and rebuild.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Malah posted:

Nezha can Safeguard anything friendly except for terminals and def targets (not operatives) IIRC. It's a fantastic augment.

Only in the vallis sadly, you can't put it on extractors outside of the vallis because glen a poo poo.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
I usually find good placement of Gara's 4 is enough for most of the open-world defense targets; though nezha sounds more fool-proof

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Nightwave intermission rewards got datamined and rank 29 is Umbra Forma :toot:
edit: and now it's up. soon I will be able to upgrade my wisp's mods

wait hold up did they accidentally re-run season 1

Malloc Voidstar fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Oct 21, 2019

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I think there's another dojo structure that looks almost identical but is for clan contributions to the collective resource pile rather than trading. It might've been innocent.

On the other hand, I know of at least one goon who would challenge pubbies to reach the inverted trading post on the ceiling of the GOON dojo. He at least had the decency to offer them a discount if they could make it, though. :v:

I love the fact that the upside down trading post has been there for literal years, and goons eventually placed solid stuff up there in such a way that you can actually use the terminal.

It looks hilarious when you do, ngl

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Alighieri posted:

Enjoying Mesa Prime the last few days in ESO/random missions, but having issues with survivability in late game/high level. Anyone have a good build for her frame? Currently have health at ~1200 with vitality and gladiator health, she has pretty low armor so not sure if buffing that would be effective. Got her pistols pretty much maxed with crit/crit damage + the usual damage buffs.

mesa's 3 (iirc?) gives you a damage shield dont put gladiator on her, just use vitality her whole thing is pistols, duration up as much as you can so her 3 can stay up long without you paying attention, eff to suit your needs

always keep 2 and 3 up the 3 has the shield, 2 jams nearby enemies weapons

4 clears things when built right but without the aug (even with really) you're just popping it to mow down people and then popping out unless you're in a very stationary stiuation

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Nightwave: Intermission II is live, my telephone tells me. Looking forward to this one, since I finally felt like I had a grasp on how it works by the end of the last one.

I'm gonna get me one of those wolf hammers this time.

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012

Alighieri posted:

Enjoying Mesa Prime the last few days in ESO/random missions, but having issues with survivability in late game/high level. Anyone have a good build for her frame? Currently have health at ~1200 with vitality and gladiator health, she has pretty low armor so not sure if buffing that would be effective.

I run something like this, just missing the last dot on some of the mods and the last rank on the arcanes. The arcane guardian is probably overkill: vitality, adaptation, the small amount of power strength to hit 95% damage reduction on her 3 and the efficiency/duration to keep it up constantly are all you really need to tank a ridiculous amount of non-melee damage.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Malloc Voidstar posted:

edit: and now it's up. soon I will be able to upgrade my wisp's mods

wait hold up did they accidentally re-run season 1

I don't think it was an accident, I think we'll just get these from time to time. They might start mixing seasons after they have more under their belt.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The magdump augment for the Grakata will finally be mine

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Is that really data mining though - you just need to scroll right, at least on PS4. All the rewards are visible. I was checking them out earlier.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
How long did the last intermission last? As long as a normal season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the last one was only 15 ranks iirc and didnt last as long. i assume they threw this big one up so they dont have to worry about it while they push out the railjack stuff over the rest of the year.