Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
does wompty-dompty dom centre actually work or do anything? ive seen passive encyclopedia checks, active ones, encyclopedia orbs i think and none of them seem to trigger it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Turtlicious posted:

Where is end game spoilers Ruby

Non obvious: Clean up all tasks on the coast, max out Shivers and look at the sides of buildings. This one seems like a design shortcoming because it's gated behind Shivers and only shivers.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Turtlicious posted:

Where is end game spoilers Ruby

Under the Feld building. You have to pass a tough Shivers check to figure it out, but everything you can do on the coast gives a bonus, there's lots of clothes that boost Shivers, and there are thoughts as well.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Verviticus posted:

does wompty-dompty dom centre actually work or do anything? ive seen passive encyclopedia checks, active ones, encyclopedia orbs i think and none of them seem to trigger it

apparently it doesnt!

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Harsh, damaged ledger. loving harsh

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Version 0.1 of the thought cabinet guide:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1894736429

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You can also get apricot gum scented one's second trigger from gum wrappers in the jeans, triggered by putting it on.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

How exactly

Do you get the dialogue option to talk to Lena about a phasmid

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

How exactly

Do you get the dialogue option to talk to Lena about a phasmid

Meet her husband first.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Meet her husband first.
Nope, all you need is a Suggestion check so that Kim allows it. We're talking about the sound frequency phasmid.

Synthbuttrange posted:

You can also get apricot gum scented one's second trigger from gum wrappers in the jeans, triggered by putting it on.
True. Remind me, where do you get the laborer jeans? I want to say... the apartment building?

Also, where do you find the sad tape?

Edit - Oh hey, interviewing Klaasje on my own, Kim suddenly notes her remarks about the window being new.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Oct 21, 2019

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

So uh how do you church stuff talk to Egghead about the aux cable?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Xander77 posted:

True. Remind me, where do you get the laborer jeans? I want to say... the apartment building?

Also, where do you find the sad tape?
You can find the pants in Cindy the Skull's room.

The sad tape is across the water lock, there's a broken fence to the south of the other side of the shore that's enclosing a yard with a broken shack. Behind the shack you can find the tape, possibly might need a baseline of Perception?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't find The Bullet Locations Where is Land's End, or Where on the boardwalk should I be checking?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

bow collector requires conceptualization check when you (ledger) pass out and do the quick sequence with the reptilian brain

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

(ending summary spoilers)
[*] I'm not entirely satisfied with the killer being a guy still fighting a war after 43 years (and yes I know that happens), but there wasn't really any other strong motive I could think of before this. It's fine, I'm not unhappy about the ending.

Did you read all the stuff with the phasmid? It literally says (or thinks I guess) that it is slowly killing/doing mind stuff to the old man which probably gave him a lot of that weird sex jealousy rage.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

I started and stopped internalising this one like three times due to rough timing, ending in me switching it off just as the Tribunal started only to naturally fail every single check anyway.....

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

I got the Anti-Object Task Force thought in my second playthrough but attacking physical objects still hurts me. Either it's bugged for me or the thought lied.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

A Sometimes Food posted:

So uh how do you church stuff talk to Egghead about the aux cable?

I was able to just talk to him and I imagine it’s because I talked to him in the tent and found my way through his dialogue tree to talk to him normally. Just keep trying options you haven’t done yet until he starts talking to you

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

good loving god soldiered on and finished what might be one of the largest ending sequences of all time

holy poo poo

no state to comment in detail but I felt that for all the hype, the last dream was a bit underwhelming

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Epic High Five posted:

sorry, I got Sorry Cop too, and I'm sorry to say that I'm not sure if this is possible, sorry

i am ART COP and this post is poo poo

but you can dual spec copotypes so its no worry

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
I am curious about how the passive check works. Do you need at least a certain amount of affinity for the passive check to even appear? I got a bunch of skill points saved up so I dump them all into Shiver on day three and sudden I am seeing a lot of Shiver checks whereas before I can't remember seeing any passive shiver stuff at all. Same for stealing stuff. I guess unless you have some Savoir Faire the option to steal things doesn't even appear most of the time. I've only seen the option to steal the map and the harbor keycard so far.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You can pile on as many as your thought cabinet permits.

You can be a sorry hobo superstar regular cop

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

pedro0930 posted:

I am curious about how the passive check works. Do you need at least a certain amount of affinity for the passive check to even appear? I got a bunch of skill points saved up so I dump them all into Shiver on day three and sudden I am seeing a lot of Shiver checks whereas before I can't remember seeing any passive shiver stuff at all. Same for stealing stuff. I guess unless you have some Savoir Faire the option to steal things doesn't even appear most of the time. I've only seen the option to steal the map and the harbor keycard so far.

my guess is that all rolls have a minimum for you to see that you rolled for it, and then the roll itself. theres no point in the game telling you that shivers wants to talk to you but failed to three times every conversation if you have it at 0

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Ok, am I missing something about Wompty-Dompty Dom Centre, or does the game have a very specific definition of "Encyclopedia Passives" that don't include most Encyclopedia interjections?

Edit - Argh, that Titus interrogation was so freaking good.

Editx2 - JFC, bunch of content stealing machines around here.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Oct 21, 2019

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Xander77 posted:

Ok, am I missing something about Wompty-Dompty Dom Centre, or does the game have a very specific definition of "Encyclopedia Passives" that don't include most Encyclopedia interjections?

:iiam: It's either broken or encyclopedia passives means something other than the obvious

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
I hope in any further content Coach Physical Instrument's voice as a jockish dickhead becomes even more pronounced.

What are you doing? You're a police officer, not a pansy ornithologist. The only birds you should be looking for are healthy women of child-bearing age.

Neurosis fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Oct 21, 2019

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

How to ruin improve game sessions & family ties with one simple question.

-Would this be better if I used poison?
I keep spending all of my skill points on thoughts! Help meee my pathetic physical body will collapse if a fat greasy walrus of a man points at me while sitting on a very uncomfortable chair!

Also day 4 and I still haven't found my gun and I feel silly cause of it.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Xander77 posted:

passives are when you get a colorful CONTINUE -> button during a conversation with the color being in relation to what skill will be used. those are passive checks as opposed to the white or red active checks where you actively choose to try them. i have pretty high encyclopedia brains right now but i still dont get a whole lot of passive checks with it compared to other skills like say pain threshold, some skills are definitely more useful than others in that regard

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Enyclopedia seems a bit front loaded, you will get a lot of checks when you've first woken up and are relearning a bunch of stuff about the world. Later on it doesn't show up as much.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

dead gay comedy forums posted:

no state to comment in detail but I felt that for all the hype, the last dream was a bit underwhelming

that's the point

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I ended up with a fuckload of money because I put off buying and reading terrible books at the bookstore and only got around to doing it when running around trying to get points to raise shivers for that point in the game

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

This is ignoring the important question: Can you buy the street lamp

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Mr. Sharps posted:

passives are when you get a colorful CONTINUE -> button during a conversation with the color being in relation to what skill will be used. those are passive checks as opposed to the white or red active checks where you actively choose to try them. i have pretty high encyclopedia brains right now but i still dont get a whole lot of passive checks with it compared to other skills like say pain threshold, some skills are definitely more useful than others in that regard

Broken Cog posted:

Enyclopedia seems a bit front loaded, you will get a lot of checks when you've first woken up and are relearning a bunch of stuff about the world. Later on it doesn't show up as much.
I'm getting plenty - no xp, no $$$.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ahahahahah I'm dying, I failed a Half Light threat and my target gave me the thing I wanted anyway because his empathy was so high.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Who's got a nice big fridge and not a lot of scruples?

e: I post and I find it, works every time

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Oct 21, 2019

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Goddamn

I have made the world

HARD

CORE

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Oct 21, 2019

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I am the best detective, and I owe it all to speed

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Beat it. That owned.

Not sure how I feel about the ending, or more, I liked it, but the way the game suggested a larger scope then just, didn't go there, kinda bugged me. I like small scope games. But the suggestion of a larger scope then pulling it out doesn't sit as well with me I guess. Still enjoyed it and would recommend the hell out of it though.

Got accepted by my Precinct again though got grilled for never finding my gun. And I recruited Kim!

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

A Sometimes Food posted:

the way the game suggested a larger scope then just, didn't go there, kinda bugged me. I like small scope games. But the suggestion of a larger scope then pulling it out doesn't sit as well with me I guess.

I thought the scope looked pretty big, and you'd need a decent one to hit the merc from the island :downsrim:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Synthbuttrange posted:

Goddamn

I have made the world

HARD

CORE

Where can I get the tape?