Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

kanonvandekempen posted:

Some more info from reliable Belgian newspapers:
The land was owned by someone else, who brought in supplies for the family (necessary, since the father has been bedridden with a stroke for the last 3 years), this person is also arrested and not cooperating with the police. He was known locally as 'the Austrian' because he spoke German. It seems like the landowner had a conflict with the 25y old, which may have stopped supplies from arriving. That's problaby why the oldest was going to the outside world to look for help. The family was found in a separate room, only accessible through a staircase hidden behind a cupboard, they are all between 18 and 25. There were security cameras on the property. People in the neighbourhood assumed it was a drug plantation.

The 25y old had started visiting the pub, it was on his third visit that the police have been called. On his first visit he seemed very impressed by the 'flashing discolights and general atmosphere'. He claims never to have gone to school (homeschooling is quite common with conservative dutch christians i think). The 25y old was looking for help, but didn't know where to start, didn't have ID (mandatory for all adults in the Netherlands), so nobody could help him. One of the men in the bar offered him a job. The pub owner claims the 25y old spoke in a child-like manner (there's no mention of him speaking German, so I'd assume he spoke Dutch).

According to the 25y old 'daylight was evil', he also kept referring to 'Het zware geloof', which translates more or less to a 'faith that's heavy to bear'.

Also note: Meppel lies within the 'Dutch bible belt', where you will regularly find ultraconservative christians

A less reliable newspaper has started reporting that the 25y old has online profiles (Facebook, LinkedIn) set up or reactivated in June this year, and that he has posted about starting a job in a company linked to the personal business of the German-speaking guy who has been arrested. He has no friends on facebook and posts about nature, the climate strikes and Greta Thunberg.

Quoting myself again here because some interesting things have come up. The story is way more complicated than newspapers have been reporting so far.
This is the wikipedia page of the father of the family, he calls himself John Eagles (In christianity, John the evangelist is always represented by an eagle. Marc is a lion, Matthew is an angel/human and Luke is a bull). Fortunately for everyone here, he posts in English. The article where I found this also mentions a home-made wiki with thousands of entries, but the link from his facebook page isn't working so I assume it's taken down
https://www.facebook.com/john.eagles.7
http://eagle-rock.org/index.php/ I think this was supposed to be the wiki page but it looks like it was taken down.
EDIT: his wiki is back up again, looks like it had just crumbled under the sudden attention.

kanonvandekempen has a new favorite as of 10:44 on Oct 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/andrewflood/status/1186271507292545024?s=19

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
Chinese police “accidentally” parked just outside a mosque and “accidentally” shot a water cannon at the front doors. The water is laced with an irritant that turns it bright blue.

You can see there are people directly in the stream. Restaurants down the street had to close down because blue vapor coming in through the AC vents made customers and workers extremely sick and ruined all the food in stock. That’s down the block; imagine what it felt like directly in the way.

Hong Kong black bloc protesters then scrubbed the blue dye off the mosque, with masks but few had gloves or protective gear.

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1186438769441824768?s=21

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Busket Posket posted:

As someone who’s owned both, go for a cockatiel. Mine learned tricks and whistled the Andy Griffith theme, where my budgies just shrieked like assholes.

This is real good. You’re good at these.

Thank you! It's been tricky lately with my internship, but I'm trying to keep a good pace,

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.sfgate.com/sfhistory/article/Death-at-Haight-orgy-1969-SF-gang-rape-murder-14539459.php

“Death at Haight orgy,”

A very graphic historical article from sfgate about a 1968 rape and murder case amongst the hippie population of SF. It can get pretty detailed so be forewarned.

'Police and witnesses said Jiminez was the victim of a two-to-three-hour gang rape at the hands of at least six young men and three girls in her building, all to “teach her a lesson” for allegedly stealing her roommate’s boots. She died from a blow to her temple after she was kicked, beaten and dragged down two flights of stairs.

None of the many eyewitnesses intervened, even while police stood outside during the attack, which a San Francisco Examiner writer called "as brutal and sadistic a scene as this knowledgeable city has witnessed."

Four young men were tried for first-degree murder and rape, with the death penalty in play. All four were acquitted after defense attorneys deflected blame over who delivered the lethal blow and assailed Jiminez for her alleged promiscuity.

“The evidence indicated she went along with most of this voluntarily,” the jury foreman said after the verdict. “It’s sick but it’s a sick group of people.”

They did some heavy victim blaming on the girl for ridiculous reasons like being tattooed of course. "Reporters repeatedly referred to her as “a fat and lonely misfit” like drat, that's pretty harsh.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

A good read on the Boeing 737 Max which have been dropping out of the sky for a potentially insane reason.

Hmm, this new plane doesn't feel like the old one, let's write software that'll compensate for that! And possibly act on its own due to being dependant on one sensor and cause the plane to go into a nosedive every 5 seconds!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
The 737 MAX is a scathing indictment of why capitalism's a fuckup failure that will drat us all, yeah. :hai:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Once again, the Epstein EU proves all conspiracy theories are real

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1187817305918459904?s=19

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1187818372752277504?s=19

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1187834366153519104?s=19

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Busket Posket posted:

Chinese police “accidentally” parked just outside a mosque and “accidentally” shot a water cannon at the front doors. The water is laced with an irritant that turns it bright blue.

You can see there are people directly in the stream. Restaurants down the street had to close down because blue vapor coming in through the AC vents made customers and workers extremely sick and ruined all the food in stock. That’s down the block; imagine what it felt like directly in the way.

Hong Kong black bloc protesters then scrubbed the blue dye off the mosque, with masks but few had gloves or protective gear.

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1186438769441824768?s=21

It could be an accident, the Chinese police have beaten up the wrong people on multiple occasions before because they really just like beating people up and aren't too discriminatory who gets some police brutality.

Reminded me of this fun piece of news that occured during the 2014 protests. Ken Tsang was beaten on a street corner in full view of a CCTV camera, and the HK cops still complain it was a travesty of justice on par with the Holocaust that the cops got actual jail time.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Not an article or anything: Recently had a 6 year old patient come in for referral to psychiatry. First red flag was he hadn't grown at all for a year. No height or weight gain at all. Mom was super evasive, claimed everything was fine, he just had some behavioral issues. Come to find the kid was molesting the 3 year old sister. Mom still acts weird, like he just needs to talk to someone and it's all cool. Bunch of other things come up while we're talking to her.

The last nail in the coffin: Mom keeps asking if we have an ice maker she can use, or ice packs around. Again, super evasive, and that was by far her biggest worry during the visit. . Then she asks if she can put her plastic bag in our refrigerator.

She had a dead snake in the bag.

Hello, child protective services and sheriff's department?

Ask me if I'm done charting all that and how much I'm looking forward to potentially having to going to court.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

:wtc:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Can you legally just talk about patients personal issues like that?

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.

RCarr posted:

As long as you don't use names or other identification factors absolutely.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

"Welp I'm off to the doctor. Better pack my dead snake!"

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

aphid_licker posted:

Who amongst us hasn't killed a snake on the way to the doctors and realised that you need to keep it for meat as you're spending the meat budget on a doctors appointment? Who?

e: vv :respek:

Inceltown has a new favorite as of 21:03 on Oct 26, 2019

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

e:f,b :argh:

aphid_licker posted:

Maybe she picked up the snake on the way to the doctor. Don't want to let it go to waste, good eatin'.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

RCarr posted:

As long as there's no identifiable info, sure. Plus I always let time pass before I talk about anything, so it's not like it happened yesterday.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Brawnfire posted:

How weird would it be if there were actually an island populated entirely by pedophile priests for the last seventy years? I wonder how many there would be by now.

I wonder if Priest Pedophile Island would do panty raids against Epstein's Pedophile Island.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

^: This is how wwiii starts

a mysterious cloak posted:

As long as there's no identifiable info, sure. Plus I always let time pass before I talk about anything, so it's not like it happened yesterday.

Probably the best example I could explain this with is my friend works as a doctor in a medical practice that sees a very high number of backpackers from countries with reciprocal medical agreements. She's more than happy to say how she will just organise STD tests for people who come through the clinic (this isn't a way to make money for her office or costing the people anything) because backpackers are backpackers. If she was to tell a story about how so and so came in and she said "drat, you need your sex parts swabbed because you're not being safe". It's essentially the same information but not anonymised any more. One is fine, the other is not.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
:rock:

Australian water rats cut cane toads open with 'surgical precision' to feast on their hearts

In only two years, highly intelligent native rakali in the Kimberly region of Western Australia discovered how to safely destroy the deadly toad – by removing its gallbladder and feasting on the heart.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

People always think HIPAA is some sort of hard-line "no talking about anything" rule like it's a catholic confession or something. Every medical practitioner continuously spews funny/gross stories without breaking HIPAA at most parties, and, if they're around their colleagues, will break that poo poo faster than any other code I've ever been around. Doctors/nurses are the worst people for keeping secrets because most of their job is being open and honest with colleagues/patients.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Huh, wow so the conspiracy theorists pretty much nailed that one. The Finders is a crazy one. If you haven't read or heard about it, it's a crazy one.

Here's a contemporary Washington Post article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch.../?noredirect=on

The cops get called in on two suspicious guys driving a van with 6 kids in it after they stop at a park. When the cops approach, supposedly they flashed badges and claimed it was a government operation. The cops insist that they go through proper channels and their story falls apart. The kids are young, mostly noncommunicative and seem to have been kept in squalor or at least kept secluded. The article points out that they couldn't identify typewriters or stapler, for example. Another article said that they were urinating and defacating in the interrogation room, either as a symptom of abuse or possibly because they had just never been potty trained. They also may have been living out of the van for a bit. The one that talks tells a really creepy story about how they were being taken to a "smart school" by their two teachers on the orders of somone who called himself the Game Caller.

The cops raid the suspected headquarters and supposedly find evidence of child trafficking, abuse and generally hosed up stuff. And then...nothing. The CIA/FBI step in, classify everything and state that it's an internal investigation now due to security concerns. The non :tinfoil: reading is that it was a creepy, hosed up, child abuse cult that involved a bunch of low and mid-level government and intelligence agents and the government was doing its typical secrecy out of paranoia and to avoid high profile embarrasment. One story was that the place wasn't just a cult, but kind of a "no rules" hangout where agents passing through could chill and talk about somewhat secret stuff and party on neutral grounds. But after some time the "no rules" mindset made it pedophile paradise and it ultimately developed into a cult when someone bothered to step up as a leader. And since eveyone's hands were dirty no one in the know could do much without outing themselves.

If you indulge in :tinfoil: then it basically plugs right into the Epstein network and was possibly a case of a government-backed pedophile ring that groomed children getting exposed and then covered up.

It's just weird to see the FBI reports that seem to confirm a fair bit of it. Although the goat sacrificing ritual is new, I think. I always figured it was just Satantic Panic for non-Christians, but that's some creepy stuff.

Also I guess we now wait and see if they suddenly confirm that the Franklin Credit Union scandal was actually 100% real as reported

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_child_prostitution_ring_allegations

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Huh, wow so the conspiracy theorists pretty much nailed that one. The Finders is a crazy one. If you haven't read or heard about it, it's a crazy one.

Here's a contemporary Washington Post article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch.../?noredirect=on

The cops get called in on two suspicious guys driving a van with 6 kids in it after they stop at a park. When the cops approach, supposedly they flashed badges and claimed it was a government operation. The cops insist that they go through proper channels and their story falls apart. The kids are young, mostly noncommunicative and seem to have been kept in squalor or at least kept secluded. The article points out that they couldn't identify typewriters or stapler, for example. Another article said that they were urinating and defacating in the interrogation room, either as a symptom of abuse or possibly because they had just never been potty trained. They also may have been living out of the van for a bit. The one that talks tells a really creepy story about how they were being taken to a "smart school" by their two teachers on the orders of somone who called himself the Game Caller.

The cops raid the suspected headquarters and supposedly find evidence of child trafficking, abuse and generally hosed up stuff. And then...nothing. The CIA/FBI step in, classify everything and state that it's an internal investigation now due to security concerns. The non :tinfoil: reading is that it was a creepy, hosed up, child abuse cult that involved a bunch of low and mid-level government and intelligence agents and the government was doing its typical secrecy out of paranoia and to avoid high profile embarrasment. One story was that the place wasn't just a cult, but kind of a "no rules" hangout where agents passing through could chill and talk about somewhat secret stuff and party on neutral grounds. But after some time the "no rules" mindset made it pedophile paradise and it ultimately developed into a cult when someone bothered to step up as a leader. And since eveyone's hands were dirty no one in the know could do much without outing themselves.

If you indulge in :tinfoil: then it basically plugs right into the Epstein network and was possibly a case of a government-backed pedophile ring that groomed children getting exposed and then covered up.

It's just weird to see the FBI reports that seem to confirm a fair bit of it. Although the goat sacrificing ritual is new, I think. I always figured it was just Satantic Panic for non-Christians, but that's some creepy stuff.

Also I guess we now wait and see if they suddenly confirm that the Franklin Credit Union scandal was actually 100% real as reported

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_child_prostitution_ring_allegations

:ohno:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

If you're covering up a paedo ring because of bad optics then you're the bad guy.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

RCarr posted:

I'm neither a lawyer nor a doctor but my understanding of it is that it's primarily geared toward plausible deniability for the patient more than anything. A doctor can say "wow, I had a pull a Buzz Lightyear figure out of somebody's rear end. Talk about to infinity and beyond." What said doctor can't do is say which rear end specifically that was and who it belonged to. The owner of said rear end can then go "no, that wasn't me" if somebody hears about it and suspects it was their rear end.

Part of this is because people are people and tend to talk about things but the other part of it is that said data is really, really freaking useful for research. So they can hand certain kinds of data over (I'm not sure which ones) so long as it's sanitized of identifying data. I think they can do things like "8 patients this year, 6 male, 2 female, all aged 26 to 31, entered the E.R. unable to remove a Buzz Lightyear figure from their rear end" then talk about the procedure to get Buzz out of the rear end. There's no way to find out which asses specifically they are but helps get it noticed if there's, say, an epidemic of Buzz Lightears being in asses or if somebody else needs to find out what the procedure for removing Buzz Lightyear from an rear end is.

You can actually get books that have pages upon pages of interesting x-rays. Before you ask yes I'm referencing an x-ray I saw in a book about weird things people have had to go to the E.R. to get removed from their asses.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

ToxicSlurpee posted:

You can actually get books that have pages upon pages of interesting x-rays. Before you ask yes I'm referencing an x-ray I saw in a book about weird things people have had to go to the E.R. to get removed from their asses.

A Deadspin holiday tradition is called What did we get stuck in our rectums in last year?

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
It's also supposedly not too hard to just get permission, surprisingly. I remember an old Reply All episode about some site that was Instagram for doctors. It was just full of weird tumors and strange conditions. When HIPPA came up, the beauty of the site was that it was super easy to let a patient approve a post with a signature or thumbprint if there were concerns about privacy. Most agreed, especially after you told them it was going to help other doctors entertain themselves after work better ID things.

Inceltown posted:

If you're covering up a paedo ring because of bad optics then you're the bad guy.

Somehow it's possibly not the worst thing that the intelligence community did in the 1980s though. But, yeah, I always figured the theories and stories around it were mostly overblown in the Satanic Panic style, but, apparently maybe there's more truth to the :tinfoil: side of it. I guess in practice it's not much different than what Children of God got up to.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Somehow it's possibly not the worst thing that the intelligence community did in the 1980s though. But, yeah, I always figured the theories and stories around it were mostly overblown in the Satanic Panic style, but, apparently maybe there's more truth to the :tinfoil: side of it. I guess in practice it's not much different than what Children of God got up to.

This is an outstanding claim to make without citing a source of what you think is worse.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Mostly just a joke about coups and spy war poo poo at the end of the cold war that they probably got up to :shrug:

I'm not sure I want to invest the time in trying to figure out a dead person to pedophile ring conversion rate.

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lot of good pictures of stuff up peoples asses here

https://radiopaedia.org/articles/rectal-foreign-bodies?lang=us

immortalyawn has a new favorite as of 06:51 on Oct 27, 2019

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

I'm not sure I want to invest the time in trying to figure out a dead person to pedophile ring conversion rate.

Then don’t introduce the concept.

The intelligence community may have been specifically breeding humans for sex slavery after birth. At a minimum they gave cover to people depriving children too young to form full sentences from relieving themselves safely and becoming educated. Your galaxy brain “joke” response is “yeah but like the intelligence community also facilitated political coups” and I find that incredibly tasteless.

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Grassy Knowles posted:

The intelligence community may have been specifically breeding humans for sex slavery after birth.

LOL youre having a loving tantrum about outstanding clams like some massive idiot, and then you drop this.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

immortalyawn posted:

LOL youre having a loving tantrum about outstanding clams like some massive idiot, and then you drop this.

That’s the least charitable interpretation, and I’m not trying to get into the argument of how much charity to offer. I personally don’t believe that specific claim, but others do and it has been made in the cited materials. I personally think it was covering up to avoid embarrassment, but when that is a claim that has been implied by citing sources making it I don’t think the response that was given was okay. We all know that the intelligence community facilitates coups, it’s basically what they do.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Grassy Knowles posted:

The intelligence community may have been specifically breeding humans for sex slavery after birth. At a minimum they gave cover to people depriving children too young to form full sentences from relieving themselves safely and becoming educated. Your galaxy brain “joke” response is “yeah but like the intelligence community also facilitated political coups” and I find that incredibly tasteless.

It's possible that absolutely destroying the lives of a bunch of children is on about the same level with the rubbish the USA has done in Central / South America. No one is calling either one a good thing.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

the wildest pic on that site is the chicken bone labeled ingested. what are you doing there chicken bone, you came in the right end, you are not humorous. :mad:

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Grassy Knowles posted:

Yeah, if it matters it's also a case of my mind kind of shuttering itself protectively after I started idly trying to compare it to say, civilians killed and maimed by the Contras, off the top of my head. Atrocity math isn't a fun way to spend an evening.

Anyway, for fun levity and things up asses, sadly I don't think there's a picture but a goon nurse or doctor had a story of a man in the ER who had inserted a 3D replica of a beluga whale penis into his rear end. He was very snippy and wanted to make sure that they could retrieve it without damaging it, because it was very expensive.

Parakeet vs. Phone has a new favorite as of 07:04 on Oct 27, 2019

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Yeah, if it matters it's also a case of my mind kind of shuttering itself protectively after I started idly trying to compare it to say, civilians killed and maimed by the Contras, off the top of my head. Atrocity math isn't a fun way to spend an evening.

I agree and appreciate your responses. As a survivor of far less severe abuse, it felt like an attempt to minimize and I felt a need to provide a strong dissenting voice toward that reading.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Who can forget forums superstar TFAB and his adventure in surgical removal of a toy either. That one definitely had pictures.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Inceltown posted:

Who can forget forums superstar TFAB and his adventure in surgical removal of a toy either. That one definitely had pictures.

What.

I'm morbidly curious if there's a link to that thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Don Gato posted:

What.

I'm morbidly curious if there's a link to that thread

AusGBS. You know what I said about depressed underemployed drug addicts?