Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

boviscopophobic posted:

Of course it's a Tesla :laugh:

There is a 50% chance that it's Dr. Smart.

Zzr fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Oct 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

The biggest Brazilian stream YoDa is streaming this now and the game actually has over 500 viewers WOW!!

https://www.twitch.tv/yoda

He got off a train and one of the guys he was with bumped into him and they both died and they're basically just running around trying to explore but the environment keeps killing them before they can do anything.

Toxic Mental fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Oct 21, 2019

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Toxic Mental posted:

The biggest Brazilian stream YoDa is streaming this now and the game actually has over 500 viewers WOW!!

He got off a train and one of the guys he was with bumped into him and they both died and they're basically just running around trying to explore but the environment keeps killing them before they cant do anything.

He is up to 14,000 viewers, but who knows why? There is nothing to do. He is just running around aimlessly.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I said come in! posted:

He is up to 14,000 viewers, but who knows why? There is nothing to do. He is just running around aimlessly.

People who have viewers tend to stick with them regardless of what they are streaming. If he started streaming only SC for a good while, then that might impact his viewers.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

I find funny the idea that making the big ships "invincible" to Aurora-ramming will somehow prevent swarm-griefing.

Because the wavy-handed hot-bear-coded physics in this game are definitely impermeable to a bunch of items on the server colliding with other items at the same time. Ship destruction is probably preferable to what will actually happen should that day arrive.*

*Day will not arrive.

How many Aurora per Kraken can we get in our fleet?*

*Asking for a friend

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Toxic Mental posted:

He got off a train and one of the guys he was with bumped into him and they both died and they're basically just running around trying to explore but the environment keeps killing them before they can do anything.

Lol, this is great!

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I've been out of the loop for months. What new has happened. I googled it and they apparently added spelunking. How's that going?

And what's slated for Citizencon?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I've been out of the loop for months. What new has happened. I googled it and they apparently added spelunking. How's that going?

There are caves now, but nothing to actually do with them. The game still has no activities. Despite being an MMO that is suppose to support thousands of players at once, and have hundreds of millions of solar systems, you're still stuck to one solar with, with 15 players at once. That is all of the progress made in 7 years.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Whale hunting :catholic:

zebedy
Feb 25, 2006
well?

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

There will be a sporting event, ending with the losing team being rounded into a grinder and shredded on live television, and boxing matches ending with the loser having their hands removed without anasthesia, and also flight races ending with the losers having their arms and legs removed, then being injected with insanity, for entertainment. Evocati members will be forced into these events, by undergoing a painful 127 hour procedure which involves tweaking the muscles so they will not listen to brain commands, and then having a painful drug injected which also causes madness if the player is not buying jpegs. This is all for entertainment, and anyone not watching any of it during Citizencon and cheering for the winning team, they will be imprisoned into galactic camps.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

zebedy posted:

There will be a sporting event, ending with the losing team being rounded into a grinder and shredded on live television, and boxing matches ending with the loser having their hands removed without anasthesia, and also flight races ending with the losers having their arms and legs removed, then being injected with insanity, for entertainment. Evocati members will be forced into these events, by undergoing a painful 127 hour procedure which involves tweaking the muscles so they will not listen to brain commands, and then having a painful drug injected which also causes madness if the player is not buying jpegs. This is all for entertainment, and anyone not watching any of it during Citizencon and cheering for the winning team, they will be imprisoned into galactic camps.

Obvious fake as pain does not seem to be tripling every minute.

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Oct 21, 2019

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Lirik streamed this yesterday, I noped out after 30 mins because it was loving boring. I noticed there's a lot of fiddly detail, but little gameplay. Like they keep spending time working on things that exist independent of what game there actually might be one day: animations of equipment, weapons, scenery, etc. Like they're still waiting for someone to tell them what the gameplay is. It's like a showcase for coke-fuelled OCD development.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

The triumphant return of Sata Ball in a 2 hour long demo? The long awaited procedural uination and bowel movements and the sale of a port-o-John servicing ship?

No one really knows. CIG has been hunkered down in survival and expectation management mode all year, and Chris has been mostly in hiding. They don’t even bother responding to negative news reporting anymore.

The safe bet is that they’ll show off Microtech and have some new thousand dollar digital nerd chariot for sale. Last year was a boring slog and heavily muted, maybe because of directives from their new investors. But the Agent recently posted some rumors that suggest they could go balls to the wall to try to reignite interest and achieve even higher levels of whale fracking.

TheAgent posted:

hello part 2 (from someone waaaaay different)
  • internal planet build of Earth has taken thousands of man hours but "worth it"
  • land claims first to debut in the Sol/Home/Domus system: "Stake your claim on Earth, the moon, Mars and beyond."
  • prices for land claims will increase "massively"
  • build fortified bunkers, farms, population towers, player usable banks/stores and planetary defenses
  • "It isn't ready, but it will be ready very quickly after we show it. This groundwork is half a decade in development."
  • player controlled orbiting rest stops, cafes (the gently caress), fueling stations and defense platforms all planned for sale
  • "Chris wanted something never seen before and that's an Earth that is completely open to exploration."
  • "As we strive for realism and fidelity, these parcels of land will eventually be worth much more than their cost."

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Oct 21, 2019

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Probably some mix of:
  • a surprise appearance by Sandi to open the show (she’s been MIA all year, but the Calders may be watching so...)
  • a preview of Microtech
  • a jump gate to the Pyro system (and maybe glimpses of volcanic biomes)
  • the future of $hip customization
  • a good news spin about Squadron 42’s latest release delays (“the next gen consoles are finally powerful enough to render my vision of the future of PC Gaming, but it’s going to take additional time to port Squadron. This will ensure the largest possible audience can join us in the Verse. Answer the Call 2022.”)
  • a glimpse (again) at land/homestead/base/gab rentals or purchases (sooner or later, these are going to be the new spaceships)

That’s probably too bullish but I gotta believe!

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Some sort of Space Fast & Furious prison break scenario that is carefully scripted and may actually not crash as massive resources have been spent on this and not making an actual game for most of the year. The whales will love the idea of being able to lock up other, lesser players and this will somehow generate exciting gameplay where they can summon their org to defend the HVT from the rabble that seeks to free him.

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

mike12345 posted:

...there's a lot of fiddly detail, but little gameplay...

You've cracked it! This whole time Chris has been demanding more fiddly details, and since he can only mumble and wave his hands the CIG staff keep hearing "more fidelity"!

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

YEAH BUT ARE THE PHYSICS NEWTONIAN OR NOT?!

Don't be silly. Star Citizen clearly has Robertsian physics.

At least it's likely to crash and burn (if it sees a firetruck) and costs a lot of money, so it's thematically appropriate.

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

G0RF posted:

• a good news spin about Squadron 42’s latest release delays (“the next gen consoles are finally powerful enough to render my vision of the future of PC Gaming, but it’s going to take additional time to port Squadron. This will ensure the largest possible audience can join us in the Verse. Answer the Call 2022.”)

I can't see the pc master race whales looking too kindly on that kind of announcement. I hope it happens.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

G0RF posted:

Probably some mix of:
  • a surprise appearance by Sandi to open the show (she’s been MIA all year, but the Calders may be watching so...)
  • a preview of Microtech
  • a jump gate to the Pyro system (and maybe glimpses of volcanic biomes)
  • the future of $hip customization
  • a glimpse (again) at land/homestead/base/gab rentals or purchases (sooner or later, these are going to be the new spaceships)

That’s probably too bullish but I gotta believe!

Also the Carrack

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

colonelwest posted:

But the Agent recently posted some rumors that suggest they could go balls to the wall to try to reignite interest and achieve even higher levels of whale fracking.
How much of this is just jpegs of concept art?

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Dwesa posted:

How much of this is just jpegs of concept art?

It presumably would all be concept art and smoke and mirror caned demos like the glory days of Sandworms and space Arabs.

At this point they’re 3 years late on delivering the original promised scope of 3.0, which among other things like actual working gameplay for the major professions, was supposed to include all of Stanton. I don’t believe they have much else in the pipeline for SC right now, and most of their effort is being devoted to SQ42 which is itself probably years away from it’s supposed late 2020 launch.

I’ll also add to my previous CITCON predictions that they’ll probably have to show some “refactored” SQ42 gameplay at some point. Probably following an announcement of its delay into 2021 or beyond. They’ve had nothing to show but flashy cinematics for so long now that I don’t think they could get away with it for another year.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

CeeJee posted:

Some sort of Space Fast & Furious prison break scenario that is carefully scripted and may actually not crash as massive resources have been spent on this and not making an actual game for most of the year. The whales will love the idea of being able to lock up other, lesser players and this will somehow generate exciting gameplay where they can summon their org to defend the HVT from the rabble that seeks to free him.

The inevitable consequences of space prison...

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

It's the Citizencon opening ceremony. The lights go out, it's pitch black. A full minutes passes and there is a stunned silence broken by a few coughs. Suddenly a spotlight appears on stage illuminating Chris Roberts in his favourite Steve Jobs turtleneck. The crowd goes wild, they have been waiting all year for this. Croberts gestures wildly in a attempt to quiet the crowd. Eventually they pipe down and Chris clears his throats and says two words: "The Aristocrats." He then runs off stage, collecting two ridiculously huge sacks of money and goes out a side exit. Sandi is waiting with the car running and they head straight to the airport and fly off to parts unknown on a private plane.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

lol, bwahahahaha

but is it doxxing

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
I like that every year CIG can "hunker down" for 3+ months working on a gummed up demo level; with their very real 300 employees. Then half the time Turbulent ends up doing it for them.

We all know Chris 'somebody should have made me focus' Roberts is going to throw his team under the bus eventually. I just wanna call it right here any say he should have fired Papy, Tony, Eric? all of em, at least 2 years ago. They can't get poo poo done in any amount of time. CryEngine is no excuse.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Virtual Captain posted:

but is it doxxing

Update:

https://twitter.com/EricKieronDavis/status/1170188253569277952

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

colonelwest posted:

(...)At this point they’re 3 years late on delivering the original promised scope of 3.0 (snip) I don’t believe they have much else in the pipeline for SC right now(...)

Man, don't you know how SC works? The scope and promises are pointless, they've likely already moved to next stuff, while Stanton is considered "finished enough" (same with any gameplay loops promised on 3.0 slides).

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kilus aof posted:

It's the Citizencon opening ceremony. The lights go out, it's pitch black. A full minutes passes and there is a stunned silence broken by a few coughs. Suddenly a spotlight appears on stage illuminating Chris Roberts in his favourite Steve Jobs turtleneck. The crowd goes wild, they have been waiting all year for this. Croberts gestures wildly in a attempt to quiet the crowd. Eventually they pipe down and Chris clears his throats and says two words: "The Aristocrats." He then runs off stage, collecting two ridiculously huge sacks of money and goes out a side exit. Sandi is waiting with the car running and they head straight to the airport and fly off to parts unknown on a private plane.

Now I had to read about The Aristocrats (as it's a concept kinda unknown in my country, at least I've never heard of that joke up to now).

Thank you (sincerely)!

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I wouldn't trust the doors on that!

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Agony Aunt posted:

I wouldn't trust the doors on that!

Backer money being wisely spent. (Probably)

It isn't a limited edition Porsche, but isn't a Tesla a little extravagant for a crowdfunded gamedevs wages? I have almost no interest in little electric cars (round these parts they are reserved for the elderly to get to the shops and are known as 'mobility scooters' and are generally doing 3mph on a pavement getting in everyones way while the lone occupant whistles the "Charge of the light brigade" tune) so I may be judging it completely wrong and they might be super cheap over the pond in Trumpland. I mean I've seen that exact same model of Tesla in my local town and it was being driven by the local MP, so that's all I can judge it on. :shrug:

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sabreseven posted:

Backer money being wisely spent. (Probably)

It isn't a limited edition Porsche, but isn't a Tesla a little extravagant for a crowdfunded gamedevs wages? I have almost no interest in little electric cars (round these parts they are reserved for the elderly to get to the shops and are known as 'mobility scooters' and are generally doing 3mph on a pavement getting in everyones way while the lone occupant whistles the "Charge of the light brigade" tune) so I may be judging it completely wrong and they might be super cheap over the pond in Trumpland. I mean I've seen that exact same model of Tesla in my local town and it was being driven by the local MP, so that's all I can judge it on. :shrug:

To be fair, dumb MPs are exactly the type that I'd expect in SC (and I say that even though I am kinda positive to Tesla, though right now it's definitely out of my price range).

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

#GameDev is cringe enough, but #SCAlphaThreePointSixPointTwo is just taking the piss.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Last year was caves, this year is going to be caves, but underwater.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

eXXon posted:

And the pedophiles are already in this game!

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

eXXon posted:

#Caves

zebedy
Feb 25, 2006
well?

eXXon posted:

they are already underwater, technically

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

That's doxxing and that's good. More should do it.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

I mean it's just linking points available for everyone, it's cool and good and fun and enjoyable and healthy.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

gently caress everyone promoting this scam after so many years. They deserve to have their public tweets shared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Call your parents, they have to know there is a limited promotion right now and they'll miss this skin when it's over. Don't you love them ?