Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

ephex posted:

Where can I get the tape?

talk to the pawnshop dude

I got it but forgot to turn it in before the end, sorry Egghead bro :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
May have been answered, but I can only seem to get access to 1 sniper location (by the lighthouse), the second one is the boardwalk - but I can't get anything to trigger. I see a staircase on the roof of the nearby building, but no way to access it. The third is on some islands to the NW? Not sure how to even get over there. I'm sick of running around this beach and not even finding any mythical creatures.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Xander77 posted:

I'm getting plenty - no xp, no $$$.

well nerts, no idea then. the devs will prolly wanna know about that one though, they seem pretty active in the community so hit them up

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

May have been answered, but I can only seem to get access to 1 sniper location (by the lighthouse), the second one is the boardwalk - but I can't get anything to trigger. I see a staircase on the roof of the nearby building, but no way to access it. The third is on some islands to the NW? Not sure how to even get over there. I'm sick of running around this beach and not even finding any mythical creatures.

You can't access the island until later in the story, or the boardwalk one until you pass a certain Shivers check that the game will point you towards. Go do some other stuff and you'll find them eventually

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I saw someone mention that they managed to find 2 bullets
I've found the one under the floorboards, but where is the second one? Is it from Ruby if you manage to arrest her?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Broken Cog posted:

I saw someone mention that they managed to find 2 bullets
I've found the one under the floorboards, but where is the second one? Is it from Ruby if you manage to arrest her?
No, it's... gently caress I don't remember. The apartment building?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jesus this second playthrough I'm loving everything up in the endgame.

But I have... Cuno?!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

SelenicMartian posted:

No, it's... gently caress I don't remember. The apartment building?

It's behind the white star there.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Cheers, gonna see if having both and high reflex can change things up a bit

Edit: Maybe add in Horrific Tie Molotov as well.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Wafflecopper posted:

You can't access the island until later in the story, or the boardwalk one until you pass a certain Shivers check that the game will point you towards. Go do some other stuff and you'll find them eventually

Thanks!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Because I hosed up things at the end I went into the Tribunal DUAL WEILDING guns. This did not help.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

No problem, I spent like half an hour combing that loving boardwalk so I'm happy to help others not do that

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Harrow posted:

Oh hey, turns out the writer's novel from a few years back is set in the same world as Disco Elysium. I'd love to read it except I'm pretty sure it's only available in Estonian so :v:
It's being translated/edited as we speak. They're planning to release it some time next year.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Finished after 23 hours.

My archetype was the sorry cop, but also the empathetic cop. I went hard as poo poo into empathy.

Overall I felt like the game had some weaknesses - namely, the skill system, while an extremely good, is not neatly woven into the world in some parts. There were at least four instances I can think of where my only reasonable method of progression was "pick a skill I wouldn't normally pick", and of those four, two ended up failing the checks anyway. One actually failed four times.

This is nitpicking on one of the most masterfully written video games I have ever played.

rolling that authority check to yell at Kim to turn around during the tribunal shootout and seeing the little +2 "kim really trusts you"blew me away

mmtt
May 8, 2009
Can anyone map out the equivalence between fantasy-countries and our real world?

I'm guessing Oranje is Netherlands, there is Germany and stuff. But this part of the game flew a bit high by me, even though I had Encyclopedia pretty high.

End game big scene spoiler Tribunal, is it possible to stop the confrontation and have no one die? I managed to make the shots but some dudes died, Titus lived.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

MEASUREHEAD can fill you in on that.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Wafflecopper posted:

talk to the pawnshop dude

I got it but forgot to turn it in before the end, sorry Egghead bro :(

i got that little church tape but nothing else, no dialog options...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Egghead's mix is hanging on a tree near the clothing seller just before the bridge.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Synthbuttrange posted:

Because I hosed up things at the end I went into the Tribunal DUAL WEILDING guns. This did not help.

How can you possibly have a second working, loaded gun?

Synthbuttrange posted:

Egghead's mix is hanging on a tree near the clothing seller just before the bridge.

Where do you get his phat beats from?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

You can take Ruby's if she dies.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!
Where do you find the two bullets

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Where do you get his phat beats from?

f̡͍ͯͨr͕̼̞̩͚̬̈́ͧ̏͛ó̘̩̰ͮ̏ͤ̚͡m̠̬͉͔͈̤̝̀ͤͭ̓̃̚ ̷ṱ̲̗̟͖̘ͭͮ̇̽ͨ̚hͯ̀̍͐ė̄ͧ̐҉ ͕͇̂̌ͧͥ͂͛͢v̮̰̲̫̦̺̙̈́̏ͩ̊̿̿͋̀o̵͈͚̦̝̩̔͌̍ͩi̡͔̻͈͐͛̔ͭͥͨd̀ ̱ͤ͊̓͜ã̱̜͇͚͉̼ͨ͌̅̏t͈̥̿ͣ̓͊͂̚ ̬̠̩̜̠̖̀ͣt̶̩̘͔͋ͧ͌ͅh͇̫̦̦̘̓̀ͮ͐̋̃̓ĕ̮̥̩̺̫̲ͭ͂ ̩̥͔̫͎ͩ̓̆͊́̚h̠̯̲͍̜ͪ́ͥ̉ͭ̕e̬͓͍̿̑̚a̭ͩ͗͑r̳̓͂̐̍͆t̲̬͇͍̳̟͊̃͗͋ͅ ͔̭̥̭̬ͩ̊̾̌̒ͬ͒o̯͊͂f̦̗ ̲̯͔͎̱͚̩̍̐̏ͤ͋ͧť̨̰̩̲͓͇̞̿͛̾̐̈̚h̳̬ͥͩ̎ͤ̒͜e͚̱͈̮͐̎͌͛̋̕ ̴̜̗̝̎̇w̧̌ͨo̯̖͉̮͊r̸̥̥͉̪̬̋͐͆̈͆̚ld̫̲̗̗̄

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jesus the writers are also total board game nerds

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Ok, what's a trainer that actually works and isn't full of malaware? I want my skill points back :/

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Xander77 posted:

Ok, what's a trainer that actually works and isn't full of malaware? I want my skill points back :/

Try Cheat Engine
https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?t=10578

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Just make sure that's actually been checked, because lots of people keep putting cheat engine up with malware in various places, or just put up broken variants for whatever reason.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I think even the official CE downloads have been laden with malware (or adware at best) for some time now. I tried looking for a download for another game some weeks back, and I absolutely couldn't find a clean installer.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Oct 21, 2019

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

That is 100% way too complicated for me to ever figure out.

And yeah, the official cheat engine program tried to install mcafee or somesuch, a chrome extension, and some other thing.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Xander77 posted:

That is 100% way too complicated for me to ever figure out.

And yeah, the official cheat engine program tried to install mcafee or somesuch, a chrome extension, and some other thing.

It's not very complicated.

You launch the game, launch cheatengine with the table (which is in the link) and find the exe for the game. Then you just activate the table and do what you want. Takes like 1 minute.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

A Sometimes Food posted:

Beat it. That owned.

Not sure how I feel about the ending, or more, I liked it, but the way the game suggested a larger scope then just, didn't go there, kinda bugged me. I like small scope games. But the suggestion of a larger scope then pulling it out doesn't sit as well with me I guess. Still enjoyed it and would recommend the hell out of it though.

Got accepted by my Precinct again though got grilled for never finding my gun. And I recruited Kim!

I think the developers wanted to do more with this world, either in this game or a sequel, but were uncertain how successful an offbeat point and click adventure RPG with almost no combat would be in today’s gaming world. It’s a self contained story but leaving a door open for more.

Having said that... pretty sure the game is a smash hit at this point

edit: also the whole meta commentary bit with the Doomed Commercial Area questline

Roman Reigns fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Oct 21, 2019

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Andrast posted:

It's not very complicated.

You launch the game, launch cheatengine with the table (which is in the link) and find the exe for the game. Then you just activate the table and do what you want. Takes like 1 minute.
Sorry, still beyond me. I've downloaded Disco Elysium.ct and installed cheatengine. Launched Disco Elysium. Hit Disco Elysium.ct to launch cheatengine.

Select a process to open - Disco Elysium, the game, I guess?

Ok - "keep the current address / code list?" - yes?

Ok, now I'm staring at the cheat engine menu, with seemingly no changes.

"Open a cheat code or unprotected certainer" - Disco Elysium.ct - doesn't actually do anything.

How do I "activate the table" and change things?

I managed to activate the table, and I'm still not sure how you actually change your skillpoints / $$$?

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Oct 21, 2019

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Xander77 posted:

Sorry, still beyond me. I've downloaded Disco Elysium.ct and installed cheatengine. Launched Disco Elysium. Hit Disco Elysium.ct to launch cheatengine.

Select a process to open - Disco Elysium, the game, I guess?

Ok - "keep the current address / code list?" - yes?

Ok, now I'm staring at the cheat engine menu, with seemingly no changes.

"Open a cheat code or unprotected certainer" - Disco Elysium.ct - doesn't actually do anything.

How do I "activate the table" and change things?

You need to activate the script with the little buttons. After that you do the opening of the skill/inventory menus and stuff should start to populate. To actually do something you just change a value (and activate that part of the table at the same time).

Andrast fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Oct 21, 2019

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Roman Reigns posted:

pretty sure the game is a smash hit at this point

Really depends on this game's budget, tbh! Early indications point to good but not *amazing* sales within its niche, with games like Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2, Torment: Tides of Numenera and Tyranny all doing better in terms of copies sold (but that's to be expected, given the game has only been out for less than a week) and, crucially, peak concurrent players on Steam.

The game has also been in development for five years but *however* it's also had a small team working on it, I think 10 at most? And probably saved a lot of money by not having to program a combat system, physical character customization, reams of voice acting, etc. Like, I'm sure it was a shitton of work to make this game nonetheless, but hopefully they calibrated the budget so that it's in line with the revenue they're getting. I'm totally fine with this being a niche game, if, well, it proves it has its niche and can survive on its own two legs, and stimulates other developers in going for that niche.

Though the risk is, if another game like Disco Elysium (sorta solipsistic, no combat, weird, off-beat choices) comes out and *doesn't* get the critical acclaim Disco Elysium got, for whatever reason, it might put a significant damper on the idea that this is a viable alternative for the genre.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Andrast posted:

To actually do something you just change a value (and activate that part of the table at the same time).
How? Right clicking, left clicking, trying to mark the little square with an x (which doesn't seem to work)?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
ending spoilers

i generally shied away from the more egregiously insane dialogue options, but when my ex-partners said they found me because garet dropped the dime on where i was headed i didn't hesitate to turn to the canal and scream "YOU'VE BETRAYED ME FOR THE LAST TIME, CAFETERIA MAN"

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

True I’m probably jumping the gun a bit with this being a smash hit. I was mainly basing off the rave reviews it’s been getting and the growing word of mouth attention.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Xander77 posted:

How? Right clicking, left clicking, trying to mark the little square with an x (which doesn't seem to work)?

marking with an x

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Roman Reigns posted:

True I’m probably jumping the gun a bit with this being a smash hit. I was mainly basing off the rave reviews it’s been getting and the growing word of mouth attention.

I definitely don't mean to rain on Disco Elysium's parade. I haven't played it yet (it costs money, goddammit... AND YOU CALL YOURSELVES LEFTISTS, DEVS???!!!) but I am *really*, *REALLY* interested in the idea of RPGs that drop combat and conflict in favor of intricate choice and consequences based on your builds. It's not like this is all I want RPGs to be, but it's a breath of fresh air, you know?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Roman Reigns posted:

I think the developers wanted to do more with this world, either in this game or a sequel, but were uncertain how successful an offbeat point and click adventure RPG with almost no combat would be in today’s gaming world. It’s a self contained story but leaving a door open for more.

There's already a novel in this world, published a few years back by the game's writer. Only in Estonian right now but apparently currently in translation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I love that Cunoesse's foreign stuff is just Finnish slang

Those were not terms I expected to hear in a video game