Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Lima posted:

There's something wrong with that bank. All my east european collegues got their Dankort immediately.

Jyske Bank had no issues, though the application form is long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/kalledram/status/1184721437749383168

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy
Det är så himla jobbigt när en bara försöker göra rätt men råkar göra mer rätt än det var meningen.

https://www.dn.se/sthlm/brommabo-overklagade-p-avgift-fick-p-forbud-istallet/

"Jag kräver att de fattar ett nytt parkeringsbeslut som går att överklaga."

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I tried to send a text to a person involved with arbetsförmedlingen this morning but the person had given the AF telephone exchange number in the important papers I had so it rejected my text back to me. Instead I decided to send an e-mail when I got home (removed the name):

quote:

Meddelandet levererades inte
Det gick inte att leverera meddelandet till ...@arbetsförmedlingen.se eftersom fjärrservern är felkonfigurerad. Läs den tekniska informationen nedan om du vill veta mer.
:shepface:
Is this their server failing, me typing something wrong (double checked so it should be correct) or something weird with my gmail? Considering I could mail my sister just fine yesterday...

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Poil posted:

I tried to send a text to a person involved with arbetsförmedlingen this morning but the person had given the AF telephone exchange number in the important papers I had so it rejected my text back to me. Instead I decided to send an e-mail when I got home (removed the name):

:shepface:
Is this their server failing, me typing something wrong (double checked so it should be correct) or something weird with my gmail? Considering I could mail my sister just fine yesterday...

In my case, it was the shitheads accidentally handing out internal addresses. Five times in a row. Could be that, maybe?

And they wonder why some people get physically aggressive to the point where they need security guards.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

SplitSoul posted:

In my case, it was the shitheads accidentally handing out internal addresses. Five times in a row. Could be that, maybe?

And they wonder why some people get physically aggressive to the point where they need security guards.

Once in a blue moon my work email gets weird with ö in emails - could be it?

Also good god while I feel bad for the workers at arbetsförmedlingen, the system seems incomprehensibly hosed. Which kind summarizes my life here dealing with anything that has the state involved. Better than America though :shepspends:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

teen witch posted:

Also good god while I feel bad for the workers at arbetsförmedlingen

The time for that is long, long past. If they cared about the misery they cause they'd loving go on strike. gently caress them.

"De har et ansvar. Det er ikke sådan, at du kan stå inde ved gasovnen i Auschwitz og sige, 'Jeg er bare almindelig administrativ medarbejder.'" - Jan Hoby

teen witch posted:

Better than America though :shepspends:

I don't know, at least disability benefits still exist in the U.S. Another thing we can thank Mette Frederiksen for. I don't know how bad it is in Sweden, but I can't imagine it's much different than here. Well, no, I guess immigrants don't have their welfare halved over there?

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Oct 21, 2019

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

SplitSoul posted:

The time for that is long, long past. If they cared about the misery they cause they'd loving go on strike. gently caress them.

"De har et ansvar. Det er ikke sådan, at du kan stå inde ved gasovnen i Auschwitz og sige, 'Jeg er bare almindelig administrativ medarbejder.'" - Jan Hoby
I wonder what the most effective way to do that would be. Don't they kinda need to be on the job to ensure that people can get signed up for various poo poo? It's not exactly the (awful euphemism incoming) "customers" who need to be convinced that the system needs changing, and it'd be pretty hosed-up to take those people hostage. Maybe just a strike from all the controlling aspects? Like, just make it clear that you'll approve everything and implement no sanctions until the system is reformed.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I wonder what the most effective way to do that would be. Don't they kinda need to be on the job to ensure that people can get signed up for various poo poo?

That's all handled by Ydelsesservice. The job has more or less been reduced to box-checking, handing out a form and pointing people to whatever private contractor is making bank off the municipality. These meetings typically take less than 10 minutes and so do the quarterly follow-ups (every other one is done over the phone). This is because, in the case of Jobcenter Lærkevej, each caseworker literally has over 220 cases. It's loving insane.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

SplitSoul posted:

Yeah... as much as do I feel bad for them they've kinda been assholes a lot of the time. Some years ago they tried to set me up with an internship at a place I had already been at a few years prior, which I was only allowed to quit when it severely worsened my tinnitus. Did anyone make a note of that in the file they are supposed to have or that I had even been there? Who knows. Did they bother reading the file? Lol nope. When I turned the place down they got really annoyed at me.

Poil fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Oct 21, 2019

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
There's a classic punk song by Coca Carola that list the four types of enemies to a functioning society in Sweden. It was released in '94 but still applies to this day, something arbetsförmedlingen and försäkringskassan shows quite clearly.

It was called Moderater, Byråkrater, Ekonomer & Fantomer.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off
https://www.svt.se/nyheter/utrikes/person-i-stulen-ambulans-korde-pa-flera-i-norge

What's going on i Norway, seems so weird, this is like something from a video game.

Stealing an ambulance seems like the silliest thing to do when you want to get away, it's like one the most easily recognizable vehicle there is by design.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

It really has a succinct GTA vibe to it.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Kamrat posted:

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/utrikes/person-i-stulen-ambulans-korde-pa-flera-i-norge

What's going on i Norway, seems so weird, this is like something from a video game.

Stealing an ambulance seems like the silliest thing to do when you want to get away, it's like one the most easily recognizable vehicle there is by design.

Yeah. When I first saw the headline I was wondering if this was some sort of terrorist attack, but reading it it seemed less likely and more like some sort of weird getaway (from what is hard to say), though (and probably take this with a grain of salt) they are now saying that the two suspects have connections to the far right.

So essentially what happened is that there was a car crash involving a man and a woman, the woman fled the scene, the man, armed with a shotgun (also seems an Uzi was found in the crashed car) then hijacked an ambulance and attempted to get away and almost ran over a number of people. There was then a brief exchange of gunfire between the man in the ambulance and the police, after which the man, unharmed, was apprehended by the police. The woman has also been arrested.

Both are described as "kjenninger av politiet" which normally means people with criminal records (they were also described explicitly as "Norwegian", which they mean to indicate that they are white). I can't really say anything with authority here, but based on my impression it does seem like most far right terrorist attacks, as opposed to hate crimes and such, aren't really committed by people with criminal records so this (until I saw the bulletin about their far right connections) kind of seemed like a point against this having been some terrorist stuff gone wrong.

Difficult to say exactly what happened or what was supposed to happened, though I would think that the car crash was not planned by the two, and what happened next was just both of them panicking (maybe due to the guns they had with them and whatever it was that they might have been planning to do).

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Oct 22, 2019

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I'm glad I'm not a judge, because I'd be sorely tempted to throw a book at them.
Fair enough for trying and failing (!) to get away if they don't wanna go to prison and have previous crimes on record, but putting other people in danger by driving into them (especially a woman with a baby stretcher, apparently?) plus exchange of gunfire, and the whole stealing an ambulance thing is just too over the top.
Do judges in Scandinavia practice setting an example out of especially grievous crimes? I can't seem to remember any cases.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

D. Ebdrup posted:

I'm glad I'm not a judge, because I'd be sorely tempted to throw a book at them.
Fair enough for trying and failing (!) to get away if they don't wanna go to prison and have previous crimes on record, but putting other people in danger by driving into them (especially a woman with a baby stretcher, apparently?) plus exchange of gunfire, and the whole stealing an ambulance thing is just too over the top.
Do judges in Scandinavia practice setting an example out of especially grievous crimes? I can't seem to remember any cases.

the only instance i can think of is behring breivik/fjotolf, but these rubes are probably going to spend a decade or so in prison and then get out like everyone else. given that they managed to flip their car somehow, there's probably some level of inebriation involved

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

D. Ebdrup posted:

Now it seems that the police are saying that he deliberately drove the ambulance onto the sidewalk and tried to hit people. The man is being charged with attempted murder.

Worst case I believe is that these two were planning to carry out some kind of attack (hence the guns), but managed to crash their car and then panicked, the man once he got the ambulance then decided to try to "make the most out of it".

Another possibility is that they were going to hit and rob someplace (which seems a bit weird at this time of day, aslo what place would you try to rob at this time of day?) and then got in the car accident and panicked (also were likely not very sober).

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Oct 22, 2019

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Randarkman posted:

Now it seems that the police are saying that he deliberately drove the ambulance onto the sidewalk and tried to hit people. The man is being charged with attempted murder.

Worst case I believe is that these two were planning to carry out some kind of attack (hence the guns), but managed to crash their car and then panicked, the man once he got the ambulance then decided to try to "make the most out of it".

Another possibility is that they were going to hit and rob someplace (which seems a bit weird at this time of day, aslo what place would you try to rob at this time of day?) and then got in the car accident and panicked (also were likely not very sober).
If that's really what happened (since it's still too early to tell with all the tabloids and Twitter seemingly jumping at every rumour), then I have to wonder if there isn't something deeply wrong with these people.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

D. Ebdrup posted:

If that's really what happened (since it's still too early to tell with all the tabloids and Twitter seemingly jumping at every rumour), then I have to wonder if there isn't something deeply wrong with these people.

Yeah. Now they've announced that they found drugs as well in the bag the guy was carrying the weapons in.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I asked this before and didn't get a response but what's the deal with "Uppdrag granskning" and "Kalla fakta" That my super racist coworkers seem to be getting half their right wing talking points from those shows?

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
Basically Janne Josefsson is a huge gubbslem and a gamersgater

Frag Man
Sep 2, 2011
I remember being upset when Janne was leading Debatt and talked about violent videogames. He held up a copy of Manhunt 2, said it was banned from sale and said they were going to show some of the violence.
The gameplay was from Manhunt 1.
I talked to his younger cohost about it when I ran into him at one time, and according to him it was about Janne letting his gut reaction getting the better of him.

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
And then there was the time he ambushed Peter Sunde with the father of the murdered children in the case where the prosecutor/court didn't censor/classify the pictures of dead children from the FÖP. Someone uploaded it to TPB and it wouldn't have been a thing outside of Flashback if the news hadn't made a huge thing of it.

Frag Man
Sep 2, 2011
I remember that to. When I studied Radio Journalism I discussed that case with a representative from Journalistförbundet or maybe Publicistklubben. I just found it fascinating that the story was about how people were downloading the FÖP - media writes about it - more people find out and download. Just an ouroboros of traffic caused by excluding the pictures.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

So on the fifth anniversary of the exhibition for neo-nazi Dan Park's racist "art" at Christiansborg, the Speaker of Parliament decided to also let Stram Kurs use the place for their party conference. Their wish is the complete ethnic cleansing of Denmark and preferably genocide of all living Muslims on the planet. What a cool country we live in.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

I was responsible for Naturmødet 2019's promotional material and marketing. We had almost every major politician, Mette Frederiksen and Lars Løkke notwithstanding, and things were looking great for the debate... Then Paludan, one day before start, suddenly said that he was coming too, even though he had fervently declined weeks in advance.

So now we needed police, fences, metal detectors, visitation zones, the works. Just for a monstrous lunatic to show up, not engage in the debate, only to put up his hand twice to spew some vitriol he's clearly been reading on his phone, while everyone else was discussing the climate.

It didn't even pertain to climate, it was just a string of slurs and rambling about genocide being cool and good. None of the other politicians engaged with him, he was just a spot of wh.. Ergh.. White noise. Why even show up? People were booing every second he talked, until they were told to be quiet for decorum.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?

Katt posted:

I asked this before and didn't get a response but what's the deal with "Uppdrag granskning" and "Kalla fakta" That my super racist coworkers seem to be getting half their right wing talking points from those shows?
It's an extremely toxic show that often lies and misrepresent events/facts but is kept on air because they're too afraid to seem biased towards reality/the left if they close them down for the obvious shitshows they are.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Hope you sent him the bill.

Speaking of ethnic cleansing fans:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

THE BAR posted:

I was responsible for Naturmødet 2019's promotional material and marketing. We had almost every major politician, Mette Frederiksen and Lars Løkke notwithstanding, and things were looking great for the debate... Then Paludan, one day before start, suddenly said that he was coming too, even though he had fervently declined weeks in advance.

So now we needed police, fences, metal detectors, visitation zones, the works. Just for a monstrous lunatic to show up, not engage in the debate, only to put up his hand twice to spew some vitriol he's clearly been reading on his phone, while everyone else was discussing the climate.

It didn't even pertain to climate, it was just a string of slurs and rambling about genocide being cool and good. None of the other politicians engaged with him, he was just a spot of wh.. Ergh.. White noise. Why even show up? People were booing every second he talked, until they were told to be quiet for decorum.
The fun part is that a "human" like Paludan droning on and on is way closer to brown noise than it is to white noise.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

D. Ebdrup posted:

The fun part is that a "human" like Paludan droning on and on is way closer to brown noise than it is to white noise.

Or possibly a brown note. Both events end with poo poo, after all.

(yeah yeah, I know brown notes are subject to debate. Work with me here.)

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Inepta Lacerta posted:

Or possibly a brown note. Both events end with poo poo, after all.

(yeah yeah, I know brown notes are subject to debate. Work with me here.)
In Paludans case, the brown note definitely applies because not only does poo poo come out of his upper rear end in a top hat (known, on other humans, as the mouth) constantly while a brown note is produced by it, it also makes most other people want to run away from him, possibly to a toilet, just so they can get away.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

D. Ebdrup posted:

In Paludans case, the brown note definitely applies because not only does poo poo come out of his upper rear end in a top hat (known, on other humans, as the mouth) constantly while a brown note is produced by it, it also makes most other people want to run away from him, possibly to a toilet, just so they can get away.

He actually had a little meet-and-greet thing after the debate. Next to the two bathroom stalls. People were legitimately confused, as the three queues bunched together midway through.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

(Sweden) So I've been arguing politics with a coworker because he spends all day sprouting right wing bullshit and I can't let any of it pass and looking back some of the transcripts are just :birddrugs: and I thought I'd post them just for the insanity.

He has obviously become insanely radicalized. Possibly online or by friends. Keyword: Boomer + Finish immigrant

Also note that I have long since stopped taking his statements for granted. So when he says something unsourced but questionable I respond with "probably not" or "I doubt it" as opposed to "uh huh" because "uh huh" implies I might be confirming what he says.

Coworker: So the guy on the TV and they said he should pay more taxes and he said he already paid 34 million (kronor) in taxes every month but the government wants to take even more from him but he gets nothing in return for what he pays in taxes
Katt:?
Coworker: He put some money in Monaco and the government wants that money but he already pays 34 million in taxes every month so he already contributes more than anyone but they still want more money and I think he's right for refusing
Katt: People register in Monaco to escape paying taxes
Coworker: But he is paying taxes! 34 million every month. And he gets nothing back
Katt: If he pays 34 million a month in personal income tax then he's easily a billionaire and can certainly afford to pay some more
Coworker: But he gets nothing back!
Katt: He gets a system that allows him to become and remain a billionaire. Police and politicians that defend his billions. He if anyone should pay more taxes to contribute to the system
Coworker: But what about my neighbor?
Katt:?
Coworker: He spent all his life working and paying taxes and then when he got old and needed a place at the retirement home they wanted 10,000 kr a month but other people pay nothing!
Katt: Your neighbor has a house worth 3,5 million with no loans on it and savings on top. He can certainly afford to pay.
Coworker: But why should he who worked all his life have to pay when people who never worked get in for free?
Katt: Because he can afford it and if he's not paying then we are.
Coworker:?
Katt: The other peoples spots in the retirement home are paid for by our taxes and so would his spot if he got it for free. So why should we be paying for his spot when he's sitting on 3,5 million in cash?
Coworker: Because Swedish pensioners already have it worst in Europe
Katt: I doubt it.
Coworker: They do! It was on TV. Said Swedish pensioners have it worse than any other pensioners in all of Europe
Katt: I strongly doubt that Swedish pensioners have it worse than pensioners in some of the former Soviet states and southern Europe
Coworker: They do! It said Swedish pensioners feel worse than any other pensioners in Europe
Katt: Feel worse? What kind of data is that? We certainly need to raise pensions but I doubt they have the worst quality of life in Europe.
Coworker: It was better before. Families used to take care of the old people but now they don't
Katt: Yeah they had to take care of the old people or the old people died of exposure. That doesn't mean that all the old people were taken care of. It just means that the ones not taken care of weren't around to complain
Coworker: No. They were taken care of. The oldest son inherited the house and in exchange he took care of the parents in their old age
Katt: House? Is property ownership the minimum barrier of entry here? You are aware that an overwhelming majority didn't own houses but were in turn poor.
Coworker: They took care of the old people which people don't do today
Katt: You're thinking of Emil i Lönneberga. That was not real and if it was. That family was loving rich
Coworker: The old people lived with them there.
Katt: It was not real. Most people couldn't afford to take care of the old people. Look at yourself. Your daughter lives on welfare with her boyfriend and a baby in a small apartment. If you and your wife needed to be taken care of and she was the only one you wouldn't stand a chance.
Coworker: I'd rather die than move in with her
Katt: Yeah you would die. As did any old person not taken care of in the "good old days"
Coworker: It's because of the social democrats. They borrowed the money from the pensions and then never returned it and that's why the pensions are so low
Katt: Probably not
Coworker: They did! They took the money from the pensions so they could spend it on the immigrants
Katt: The largest surge of immigrants was in 2013. By that point pensions had been declining for decades.
Coworker: No they spent it on the immigrants that refuse to work and so there's nothing left for the pensioners.
Katt: I doubt it
Coworker: Immigrationsverket costs more money than the military plus försäkringskassan combined
Coworker: The guy on TV said it
Katt: (whips out phone and googles and finds that military + försäkringskassan cost about 15 times as much as immigrationsverket)
Coworker: Put down your phone
Katt: I will when you stop talking poo poo
Coworker: I can never talk around you without you pulling out your phone
Katt: That's because you never stop talking poo poo
Coworker: Anyway försäkringskassan probably pays for immigrant stuff too
Katt: Of course it does
Coworker: So I was right
Katt: Not even close. Have you considered that maybe we should tax the rich a bit extra and then use that to increase pensions?
Coworker: We should! They barely pay taxes. I saw on TV that corporations only pay 5 öre in taxes on electricity per kwh while regular people pay 45 öre
Katt: Yeah so maybe we should charge them some extra taxes and we can use that money to increase pensions.
Coworker: Yes!
Katt: Like that guy hiding his money in Monaco
Coworker: No! he already pays more than anyone. Why should he have to pay more to support the immigrants.
Katt: The immigrants are not your enemy. The rich people are.
Coworker: They worked hard for their money
Katt: No they didn't. Look at our boss. He sleeps to 9 every work day and maybe shows up to work twice a week if at all. He's the laziest person I've ever met. And he takes our money on top
Coworker: He doesn't take our money
Katt: Yes he does. How do you think he pays for his two houses or his 5 cars when he works maybe 5 hours a week. He pays for it with the surplus on our work
Coworker: He finds the jobs
Katt: Yeah but he doesn't create the jobs. People still need their houses painted and those houses would still get painted even without bosses to find the jobs
Coworker: So he deserves a share for finding them
Katt: Yeah like maybe 5%. Not the 70% or 80% he takes now
Coworker: If he didn't find the jobs we wouldn't be able to do them
Katt: We would. Do you think people are just going to let their houses fall apart when there's laborers to do the work if there were no bosses to find the jobs?
Coworker: He still workers harder than the immigrants
Katt: He doesn't. Being a new immigrant in Sweden is hell.
Coworker: They get free houses and get to have 4 wives and get welfare for each wife
Katt: That's not true
Coworker: It is. I saw it on Kalla Fakta or uppdrag granskning

And this is just 30 minutes. We've been arguing like this for 2 years. Other topics include the environment. Greta Thunberg. But mainly immigration.

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden

Katt posted:

Emil i Lönneberga.

Astrid Lindgren paints a pretty (dreadful) image of how poor pensioners where treated.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The Minister of Integration can now revoke people's citizenship without due process of any kind.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Checking Imdb on it I never realized that Alfred was played by the same guy as Dynamite Harry. Or that Emils father played.... everyone ever apparently.

And Krösa-Maja started her career acting in propaganda films for the nazis.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

The Minister of Integration can now revoke people's citizenship without due process of any kind.

Tesfaye is just another in that long, loooong line of ladder pullers. How many times did he change parties across the political spectrum?

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

SplitSoul posted:

Interesting approach to Integration, that.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

SplitSoul posted:

Hope you sent him the bill.

Speaking of ethnic cleansing fans:

For what it’s worth, that survey was apparently carried out by YouGov, who have a history of massaging the numbers to make racism appear more mainstream than it is. If they say 28%, it’s probably “only” about 20% of the country who wants to ethnically cleanse the browns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

For what it’s worth, that survey was apparently carried out by YouGov, who have a history of massaging the numbers to make racism appear more mainstream than it is. If they say 28%, it’s probably “only” about 20% of the country who wants to ethnically cleanse the browns.
Yeah, they're very much in the 'guide what people think' rather than 'ask what people think camp' of polling firms from what I gather.