Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
Whose voice was that "yes that would be good, let's have that'?

Someone presumably sitting next to one of the mics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

it was me

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
Stephen Barclay (DexEU) is just continuously on the stump

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Ian Blackford showed the house a joint letter sent from Scottish and Welsh representatives to the European Commission. The content of the letter was not discussed, he instead proudly pointed out that the letter was written on paper with a letterhead, was properly addressed and duly signed, inviting the Prime Minister to look upon it as a lesson in how to behave.

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Oct 21, 2019

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Jedit posted:

He's retiring as an MP in the next General Election. I believe that the Speaker also stands as an independent, so he wouldn't return to the Tory bench.

But we aren't having an election right now so he's keeping his seat and is no longer speaker so presumably as a default he'd be considered part of the Tories unless he publicly says otherwise until he gives up the seat.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

I'm watching on a delay and the tory plan was definitely a) act like Johnson being dodgy around the letter is a wildcard they could play to get a do-over, and b) attack bercow from every angle possible huh

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Azza Bamboo posted:

Ian Blackford showed the house a joint letter sent from Scottish and Welsh representatives to the European Commission. The content of the letter was not discussed, he instead proudly pointed out that the letter was written on paper with a letterhead, was properly addressed and duly signed, inviting the Prime Minister to look upon it as a lesson in how to behave.

Which is constantly taking focus away from the actual deal, and is all anyone is talking about.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Azza Bamboo posted:

I love Blackford.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Red Oktober posted:

Which is constantly taking focus away from the actual deal, and is all anyone is talking about.

Mm, we really do need rather more focus on the actual problems with the deal rather than showboating, because otherwise it's going to pass tomorrow.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?

Azza Bamboo posted:

(the NI situation)
Thanks, this really clarified it!

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Mm, we really do need rather more focus on the actual problems with the deal rather than showboating, because otherwise it's going to pass tomorrow.

At this late juncture facts no longer matter, these people are ill, these people are sick in the mind, they do not care... they only wish to brexit

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

jabby posted:

https://twitter.com/StewartWood/status/1186250252191457280
I'm not exactly a raging unionist, but this deal really is breaking up the UK to 'deliver Brexit'.

It's exactly what May said no British UK PM could ever agree to (and then voted for).

It's almost as if the people saying from the beginning that Brexit was a terrible idea based entirely on undeliverable promises and lies were spot on.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

This was illuminating and I will link to it in the original post in order that anyone looking on the post would not be misled by my cruder interpretation of this important period in history.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

That image loaded really slowly on my phone for some reason and for a while it was stuck at this point

And let me tell you I was very disturbed

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Ash Crimson posted:

At this late juncture facts no longer matter, these people are ill, these people are sick in the mind, they do not care... they only wish to brexit

Arrogant pigheadedness isn't a mental illness, please don't insult the brain problems community

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
No he said they're sick in the mind, as in, instead of a brain, there is vomit

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Tsaedje posted:

Arrogant pigheadedness isn't a mental illness, please don't insult the brain problems community

calling leave voters mentally deficient is kinda Ash's Thing

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The mind is metaphysical, there may be an unknowable quantity of vomit within.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Tsaedje posted:

These people are very very ill, very very sick, they deserve our compassion but they will destroy us and this union of ours

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
To claim mental illness is to give them the benefit of the doubt, but we must understand they do these things of their own volition, with complete lucidity, with all the information they require and that is why they are evil.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Azza Bamboo posted:

To claim mental illness is to give them the benefit of the doubt, but we must understand they do these things of their own volition, with complete lucidity, with all the information they require and that is why they are evil.

Evilness is an illness a deep sickness... a lack of empathy and decency, but so far there is no cure.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You could take the position they are the nominally cognizant element of a combined system of public perception and institutional "decision making" doomed to pander to it.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

They have empathy they just choose to ignore it.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

There's going to be so many newspaper front pages and Facebook forwards taking about how Bercow is an enemy to the people tomorrow.

And Christ. It's only 10 days away.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

The mind is metaphysical, there may be an unknowable quantity of vomit within.

With your feet on the air and your head on the ground
Try this trick and Brexit, yeah
Your vote will collapse
But there's nothing in it

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

Tsietisin posted:

There's going to be so many newspaper front pages and Facebook forwards taking about how Bercow is an enemy to the people tomorrow.

And Christ. It's only 10 days away.

HE’S AN ACTIVIST SPEAKER BERYL!!

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Love to see a good Bercowing.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

HE’S AN ACTIVIST SPEAKER BERYL!!
He definitely doesn't need an amplifier.

clear eyes full farts
Jul 3, 2007

the uk is just awful
It's a fake democracy
with free education and healthcare as long as you are a dosser and I am trapped here :(

Guavanaut posted:

Nationalists: (pro-reunification)
Sinn Féin
SDLP
Aontú
Not all Catholics but there is a correlation.

Unionists: (anti-reunification this makes sense really)
DUP
UUP
TUV
PUP
Tories
Not all Protestants but there is a correlation.

Non-ideological: :zizek:
Alliance
Greens
People Before Profit

Can't believe you forgot CISTA

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

StarkingBarfish posted:

Love to see a good Bercowing.

We may only get 10-20 more Bercow smackdowns before he goes. :(

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

In other news, XR might be learning that cops aren’t their friends

https://twitter.com/netpol/status/1186315520695590914?s=21

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

clear eyes full farts posted:

Can't believe you forgot CISTA
Cannabis Is Safer Than Antrim, a party for Catholic stoners.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/TimPBouverie/status/1186313168303378435?s=20

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Not hard to believe in the slightest

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The nativity, where Conservative Christians celebrate the events surrounding a famous census of Jews.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I think its worth remembering that Bercow, whilst a good speaker, was still a massively loyal Tory in the votes before that.

Sorry to interrupt the bukkake though.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

That’s an outrageous card, no mention of Christmas at all!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

It's political correctness gone mad, Maureen!

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Can't even send Hitler a proper Christmas card! Its political correctness gone mad!

E: ^ god drat it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Ratjaculation posted:

I think its worth remembering that Bercow, whilst a good speaker, was still a massively loyal Tory in the votes before that.

Sorry to interrupt the bukkake though.

That only damns the current tories further because imagine if he was actually still a loyal and committed party man and still found himself obliged to rule against them all the time.

Also :lol: at a couple of the MPs today banging on about how it seems the Speaker's rulings always seem to please one side of the argument and not the other.

"I just think it must be unfair, every time I get taken to court the judge finds against me."

"Yeah but you keep doing crimes."

"No, objectively the judge should rule in ways I like sometimes, he's clearly biased."