Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

The_White_Crane posted:

Edit: Oh, it's the Boy Who Cried Wolf, of course.

A pretty good read, I thought. And a good example of a mangaka swerving from the original plan when the characters seemed to push him or her that way.

I wonder if they've done anything since Madoromi-chan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new chapter

poor manbagi, but she has to be sacrificed so tadano's one true love can take the stage, Katai-kun

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

new chapter

poor manbagi, but she has to be sacrificed so tadano's one true love can take the stage, Katai-kun

extremely good chapter

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Kadai is Kadbi

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Next time, It's Manbagi's Culture Festival!

Next update, one of these characters will die!

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Eh?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

KATAI UNLOCKED: Switch Energy

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Patware posted:

KATAI UNLOCKED: Switch Energy

Katai is bi for Tadano. Also, lol that everyone (not in a frothing rage) recognizes Tadano in drag except for Katai.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
I'd forgotten that Katou (shogi girl) liked Katai until someone pointed it out on Reddit. Her brief moment of crisis made a lot more sense in that light.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Xelkelvos posted:

Katai is bi for Tadano. Also, lol that everyone (not in a frothing rage) recognizes Tadano in drag except for Katai.
I like how Hitomi just shrugs it off.

Manbagi, you go out there and knock 'em dead! She'll have her own fan club in no time.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Not to say that I dont like her but I'm surprised that Manbagi ended up being a regular cast member.

Same about Katai too, actually.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
She's gonna confess not to tadano but to her friends about it and they're going to make the same face and sound his sister made to seeing tadano crossdressing again

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

100% my favorite character

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:same:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

shoutouts to the guy who shaved Tadano's legs

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

he did a great job

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I'm Okay.

I AM NOT OKAY

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Tadano picking up on that instantly was very ... Tadano.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Wow, those girls just blew up Katai's date.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Hug your girlfriend Komi.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Each of them has two hands.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Now kiss

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

chumbler posted:

Each of them has two hands.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
oh noooooooooo

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Komi is going to have to use all of the communication skills she has learned.

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Mulderman posted:

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Mulderman posted:

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
The realness of those "are you okay"s and "I'm not okay" hit harder than I ever expected it to. I've been in a different position where I got asked those same things, had that same reaction, and had that same outcome. Not to e/n but the mangaka got such a drat touch on Manbagi's emotional state. I wanna give him and her a hug and tell them it'll be okay, time will put all their foes in the ground/it'll get better.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

komi-san must be destroyed

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

With Komi and Manbagi busy having a heart to heart maybe Tadano gets to become the princess and Katai the commoner boy in the play.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I like looking at the front page for a given popular title on mangadex to see when big things happen by way of number of comments on a given chapter. With komi-san, it's usually 80-90 comments, sometimes 150 comments, sometimes even 250 comments if it's a particularly good chapter

The start of the school festival chapter has almost one thousand two hundred comments

I don't think I've seen something even remotely on that level before on the site honestly.

Also the I'm Okay chapter is really good and heartbreaking, the panels of her dashing through the hallways while trying to maintain composure long enough was wayyy too good,

But the chapter was also good because she has such good friends :allears:

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Polgas posted:

With Komi and Manbagi busy having a heart to heart maybe Tadano gets to become the princess and Katai the commoner boy in the play.

The typical manga plot device is that Tadano will follow right behind Komi and hear their whole conversation.

The reality will probably be more like what you said and Tadano will spend the next year unable to understand why these girls keep falling all over him.

Captain Invictus posted:

The start of the school festival chapter has almost one thousand two hundred comments

I don't think I've seen something even remotely on that level before on the site honestly.

As I understand it, the only manga chapter on all of Mdex to come even close to that was the ~500 comments on the festival/fireworks chapter.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

chumbler posted:

Komi is going to have to use all of the communication skills she has learned.
A lot can be communicated in a single gesture:

Mulderman posted:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

I like looking at the front page for a given popular title on mangadex to see when big things happen by way of number of comments on a given chapter. With komi-san, it's usually 80-90 comments, sometimes 150 comments, sometimes even 250 comments if it's a particularly good chapter

Also the I'm Okay chapter is really good and heartbreaking, the panels of her dashing through the hallways while trying to maintain composure long enough was wayyy too good,

But the chapter was also good because she has such good friends :allears:

Everyone is #teammanbagi now

embrace it

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://mangadex.org/chapter/740473/1

we 2-page-spreadin', boys

and also having a bad time :smith:

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
do it komi

say yes komi

ODA YOU BASTARD I CAN'T TAKE ANOTHER 200 PAGES OF WILL-THEY-WON'T THEY

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Kinda feels like we're heading into the end game now.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I know it'd never happen but man, what if manbagi also confessed and tadano went out with her instead

would the internet die? would a billion voices scream out in rage, all at once?

I know it's destined not to happen, but I would love for once for a major romcom to go with the unexpected choice. I've heard people say the final couple in TWGOK was "unorthodox" and I simply can't see how anyone can think that, even if I was rooting for a different girl I knew he'd wind up with the one he did.

Mulderman posted:

Kinda feels like we're heading into the end game now.
endgame or continue being silly fun but now they're going out. like My Monster Secret did for many volumes before ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Komi confesses to Manbagi next chapter.
Tadano starts dating Katai.