Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

They're rolling tape from the cabinet meeting on MSNBC right now and it's amazing. Trump is coming apart at the seams live. He's already said that it was a good thing that the Kurds had to go through "a couple days of hell" or they wouldn't accept his awesome deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Wylie posted:

They're rolling tape from the cabinet meeting on MSNBC right now and it's amazing. Trump is coming apart at the seams live. He's already said that it was a good thing that the Kurds had to go through "a couple days of hell" or they wouldn't accept his awesome deal.

The awesome deal where they are still being slaughtered :psyduck:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'll never not love the deep psychology revealed in Trump's obsession with talking about people being 'wounded'

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

SocketWrench posted:

That's about the size of it. Go read free republic if you want to see it happening in real time through the past 20 years.

Is it okay if I don't want to read anything from Freep?

Slowpoke! posted:

Trump is going off the rails in his cabinet meeting.

He just said Schiff was the informant for the whistleblower.

He just said we might have to go to war with Iran.

Nice.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1186330037760528384?s=21

He actually said this, followed by “I think it was Schiff.”

Now he is talking about giving away his salary and he is comparing himself to George loving Washington

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Ladies and gents, the leader of the free world

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Prester Jane posted:

The first bit of that show I ever saw was them literally ambushing a black mother who was trying to take the kids the school. She was so upset and distraught that the eldest son played their silly loving trivia game while she stood just off-camera stifling sobs.

It was pretty loving obvious that the show had been spying on her and popped her at that exact moment to increase the drama for the cameras.

Edit: the vast majority of "contestants" on that show were women and/or PoC. (But it wasn't racist you see because they were delinquent on debt and therefore deserved all the abuse and national shame that was heaped on them for being poor.)

That is way worse than I imagined. :d2a:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Slowpoke! posted:

He actually said this, followed by “I think it was Schiff.”

Now he is talking about giving away his salary and he is comparing himself to George loving Washington

A man who wants to be President forever comparing himself to a man who didn't want to be President at all

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Oct 21, 2019

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

SocketWrench posted:

You know, if you analyze this situation with Trump, it really puts a damper on the whole "CIA/DoD killed Kennedy because he wouldn't do what they wanted" theory.

Just saying.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Slowpoke! posted:

he is comparing himself to George loving Washington

He's been doing that for a while now. the only thing these two have in common is they both have botched military operations and like the concept of slavery

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Watching this tape of Trump is the drug I was seeking.

He is just in a room, talking, going on tangents, following those tangents to weird places, then changing gears and talking about completely unrelated things. I think they asked him like two questions total.

His brain is broken

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

SchrodingersCat posted:

You know, if you analyze this situation with Trump, it really puts a damper on the whole "CIA/DoD killed Kennedy because he wouldn't do what they wanted" theory.

Just saying.

One Weird Trick. The Deep State hates it!!!

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

VitalSigns posted:

psychotically nearly blowing up the world over pointless military dickwaving is good now because no one involved made any uncouth tweets or said any bad words in a letter

Sometime during the next year, I'll launch a game based on this:

"Your sub is hiding in the ocean, and the Americans are dropping depth charges left and right of the hull. Inside, the sub is rocking, shaking with each new explosion. What the Americans don’t know is that your sub has a tactical nuclear torpedo on board, available to launch, and that the Russian captain is asking himself, Shall I fire?

This actually happened."

I tried to get this funded as a VR title in 2017, even did some pre-production on a Foxtrot Sub, but since I have the visual novel stuff working for the Climate Trail, I figure this would be an interesting (well, at least to me) Visual Novel/Adventure Game.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Angry_Ed posted:

A man who wants to be President forever comparing himself to aman who didn't want to be President at all

I wonder if Trump knows that Washington voluntarily declined to continue being president. Thinking about that would probably make his brain explode.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

VideoGameVet posted:

Sometime during the next year, I'll launch a game based on this:

"Your sub is hiding in the ocean, and the Americans are dropping depth charges left and right of the hull. Inside, the sub is rocking, shaking with each new explosion. What the Americans don’t know is that your sub has a tactical nuclear torpedo on board, available to launch, and that the Russian captain is asking himself, Shall I fire?

This actually happened."

I tried to get this funded as a VR title in 2017, even did some pre-production on a Foxtrot Sub, but since I have the visual novel stuff working for the Climate Trail, I figure this would be an interesting (well, at least to me) Visual Novel/Adventure Game.

There was a really good alternate history story I read that follows the potential domino effect of that sub firing its payload. It's both incredibly depressing and fascinating.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

i am harry posted:

YOU...WHAT YOU MOTHER FUCKER WHAT?! YOU loving LET CHILDREN DIE FOR WHAT?!?! WWOMEN RAPED AND STONED TO loving DEATH ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD YOU MOTHER FUCKER WHAT THE gently caress?!?!

protip: if you ever see me making a post along the lines of "Lindsey Graham has good ideas" it might be a little bit sarcastic.

e: to be more direct, no I don't think restricting a disarmed Kurd population in a tiny hermetically sealed shooting gallery patrolled by US warplanes is a good thing

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 21, 2019

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
I think Ben Carson is leading a prayer for Donald Trump in the cabinet meeting.

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

Slowpoke! posted:

I think Ben Carson is leading a prayer for Donald Trump in the cabinet meeting.

That's got to be a fun game. "Is he leading a moment of silence, or did he pass out?"

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

SocketWrench posted:

That's about the size of it. Go read free republic if you want to see it happening in real time through the past 20 years.
Makes me think of that time Fred Phelps reportedly started to have a change of heart, and suggested to his congregation (mostly his own family) at Westboro Baptist Church that maybe homosexuals might not be the absolute worst thing in the world... for which he was promptly excommunicated from his own church. The conviction of his hate wavered, and his family immediately turned on him.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
"It would have been the best G-7 ever." - a dude who has been to 2 of 44 summits.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Womp womp

https://twitter.com/LahavHarkov/status/1186325617320574976

https://twitter.com/NTarnopolsky/status/1186327741538455555

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/AndrewFeinberg/status/1186333648112537601

small butter
Oct 8, 2011

Can someone explain who won the election? I assume it works by popular vote in Israel. So who won?

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

This seems like a potentially exciting development!

...is it?

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Trump is priming the pump for fully abandoning the Kurds and leaving Syria to Turkey and Russia.

“They have been fighting for 300 years that people know of.”

“We never promised if they did this thing that we would protect them for 400 years.”

“They’re no angels.”

He also suggested we would have one of our big oil companies go into Syria to help give the Kurds some money. (!)

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

booseek posted:

Can someone explain who won the election? I assume it works by popular vote in Israel. So who won?

"Response cloudy"

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

booseek posted:

That's not how parliamentary systems work.

The leader of the party with the plurality of seats gets to try and form a government (i.e. the support of the majority of legislators either by having their party have the majority of seats or by forming a coalition with other parties). I think in Israel there's something where the incumbent government always gets a chance first or whatever. The leader of the party that forms the government is the Prime Minister.

If they can't the head of state (i.e. the President or Queen or Governor General or whoever) either lets the next biggest party try or can call another election.

Netanyahu couldn't get enough support (probably because he's a dick and ultra-religious parties didn't get enough seats to tip him over) so now Gantz gets to try.

Mr Luxury Yacht fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Oct 21, 2019

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Prester Jane posted:

It honestly is irrelevant whether or not it was fake, what matters is what was being portrayed and the horrific abuse that was being used as entertainment. The other people in the room with me when I first saw that show absolutely one-hundred-percent believed it was all real.

Precisely - when the background TV shows at optometrist offices are Judge Judy or similar, and you make a spectacle out of poor people suffering, quibbling over scraps, or arguing about paternity tests, it's about maintaining negative stereotypes in order to justify oppression.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

booseek posted:

you vote for seats in the parliament. the blue and white party under benny grantz won 33 seats, likud under netanyahu won 32. The israeli President, a largely symbolic role, picks the party he thinks can best form a coalition / ruling government. he picked Natanyahu, presumably because Likud was closer to the other far right parties and had a better shot at forming a ruling coalition. the Yisrael Beiteinu party blew up the last coalition and i believe did so again. Now Benny gets a shot at forming a coalition.

Blue and White is center right. its hard to form a right wing coalition because you need Yisrael Beiteinu to form it, but they wont agree to exempt ultra orthadox jews from military service, so you cant really square Yisrael Beiteinu with all the other far right groups

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

About drat time.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

booseek posted:

the quick and dirty explanation: imagine there's no senate, and the president gets elected by the House.

Netanyahu has not been able to get a majority of House members to vote for him. now the number two guy gets a crack at it.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

I am sure there are receipts to him meeting these ambassadors.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

SocketWrench posted:

Why are you talking about Angela Merkle here?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

the quick and dirty explanation: imagine there's no senate, and the president gets elected by the House.

Netanyahu has not been able to get a majority of House members to vote for him. now the number two guy gets a crack at it.

Also probably a majority of the house wants Netanyahu in jail, and the only way he can stay out of jail is to be Prime Minister.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Munkeymon posted:

Why are you talking about Angela Merkle here?

Angela Merkel: sure, there's an iron hand wrapped around the throat of anyone who looks like they might cost german bankers money, and the hand is actively engaged in choking them to death, but at least the iron fist isn't being racist about it.

free world, baby!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

so the 1800 US Presidential election

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Does this mean, in turn, that Bibi is now at risk of being arrested/indicted as of today?

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

I recognize absolutely no one will be convinced by this who isn't already in favor of removal, but could we please tack on something about violating his oath of office to the impeachment charges? It won't do a drat thing, but it'll make me feel better.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
:ironicat:
https://twitter.com/GovMikeHuckabee/status/1186303006087827458
:ironicat:

https://twitter.com/ZTPetrizzo/status/1186136404914556929

https://twitter.com/eriqgardner/status/1186333666336743424

https://twitter.com/sethdmichaels/status/1186338457456648194

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

https://twitter.com/SteveMcCluskey/status/1186265502932520960

I think Turkey would be nuts to steal a nuke, but we are living in crazy times.

Why steal one when Trump would probably sell him one after being showered with flattery and compliments?