Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

TOOT BOOT posted:

What's Trent actually up to right now? Wasn't there supposed to be an LP released this year?

Raising kids dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Holy poo poo, PHM is 30 :aaaaa:

https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/status/1185920076358111233

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Also, Watchmen score tease

https://twitter.com/watchmen/status/1185345062688849920

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
Could this finally be the year of tapeworm?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

EdwardSwifferhands posted:

Could this finally be the year of tapeworm?

I'm guessing Maynard killed any hope with Potions and Passive.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just finished the premiere of Watchmen and the score rules so far.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Watchmen was pretty cool and the music was perhaps a little closer to NIN than their usual score work.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Nail Rat posted:

I'm guessing Maynard killed any hope with Potions and Passive.

Yeah, what little was salvageable of Tapeworm material was finished off and and released on a couple of Maynard's projects. It's not happening. Ever. Since PHM recently turned 30 lots of places are doing rankings of all the NIN discography. I think it was Spin that inexplicably placed Year Zero at #10. :wtc:

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

"What do we do with our hands?"

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

spookygonk posted:

Considering their current kids are called Balthazar and Lazarus Echo expect something like Buchla Moog Reznor.

Moon Moon Reznor

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Prometheus owns :colbert:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

axelblaze posted:

Prometheus owns :colbert:

Wrong

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

spookygonk posted:

Considering their current kids are called Balthazar and Lazarus Echo expect something like Buchla Moog Reznor.

Not just Balthazar, Balthazar Venn. And their daughter is Nova Lux. There's one more son whose name is secret, it's probably just John or something.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Lil Jimmy Reznor

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Staggered three part release for Watchmen. Ugh.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Ron (short for Ronzer) Reznor

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

The worst part about the staggered release is each release is $26.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Yeah $78 is a lot for a 3 LP set.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/pitchfork/status/1186323775505211392

More details

39 tracks

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Nail Rat posted:

Not just Balthazar, Balthazar Venn. And their daughter is Nova Lux. There's one more son whose name is secret, it's probably just John or something.
Michael Jr.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I’m loving down

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This score so far is really really good. Can't wait to hear more of it.

EDIT:
Trent just posted on YouTube the full credits music which includes an additional 2 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQBmALfSFEU

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Oct 24, 2019

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Trent just posted on YouTube the full credits music which includes an additional 2 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQBmALfSFEU

This makes me wanna play Descent so bad

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I’m loving down in it

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
https://twitter.com/RollingStone/status/1187800186585780224

quote:

“The way it was presented to me originally is I got a call from my management saying, ‘We got a call from a panicked manager saying they had used the sample of something off Ghosts,'” Reznor recalls. “‘They should have cleared it, but it didn’t get cleared. It’s picking up some steam on the viral Spotify charts. What do you think about that?’ And I said, ‘Look, I’m fine with it. I get how stuff goes. They’re not saying they didn’t sample it. Just work it out, but don’t be a roadblock to this.’ I hadn’t heard it yet. Then a few weeks later, I was like, ‘Holy poo poo.'”

Reznor calls “Old Town Road” “undeniably hooky,” but once it exploded, he took a back seat to the phenomenon. “The reason I haven’t stepped in to comment anything about it is, I don’t feel it’s my place to play any kind of social critic to that,” he says. “It was a material that was used in a significant way and it turned into something that became something else, and those guys should be the ones the spotlight is on…. They asked if I wanted to do a cameo in the video, and it was flattering, and I don’t mean to be disrespectful, but I don’t feel like it’s my place to shine a light on me for that. I say that with complete respect.”

Still, Reznor is amazed at how the song became a juggernaut. “Having been listed on the credits of the all-time, Number One whatever-the-gently caress-it-is wasn’t something…I didn’t see that one coming,” he says. “But the world is full of weird things that happen like that. It’s flattering. But I don’t feel it’s for me to step in there and pat myself on the back for that.”

But does he like it? “It’s been stuck in my head enough,” he says. “Let’s put it that way.”

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
TR rules

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Yeah, Trent is fuckin' great

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

wasn't it under a creative common's license though and only credit, not permission, would have needed to be sought after for usage in sampling?

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

It’s creative common only for non commercial purposes, hence the anxious call from their manager as it was blowing up.

Reznor’s response “don’t be a roadblock” is his way of saying “make sure we get that bread”

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Yeah Creative Commons just means we won't hunt you down for using it in your YouTube video, but if you try to monetize it, expect a phone call.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

He shoulda done the video just so we could get full cowboy Trent.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Vince MechMahon posted:

He shoulda done the video just so we could get full cowboy Trent.

Thankfully we already have that in the Discipline video iirc

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Sir Lemming posted:

Yeah Creative Commons just means we won't hunt you down for using it in your YouTube video, but if you try to monetize it, expect a phone call.

This is true for I believe one level of clearance for CC licenses; there are about 7 others that say different things, going all the way from "compensate and credit me" to "this is officially public domain".

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This is true for I believe one level of clearance for CC licenses; there are about 7 others that say different things, going all the way from "compensate and credit me" to "this is officially public domain".

Right, it is a fair bit more complex and can cover basically whatever usage you decide. This is just what I remember about the level TR chose for Ghosts.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

drat TR still cool as gently caress, huh?

I hope we hear a kid name soon so I can go back to making fun of him .

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

axelblaze posted:

drat TR still cool as gently caress, huh?

I hope we hear a kid name soon so I can go back to making fun of him .

Lil Nas X

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lil Nas XI

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Trent is a question (with a picture) on tonight's Jeopardy involving American Gothic. The clue writers seemed to think Industrial=Goth

No one recogized him.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Island Nation posted:

Trent is a question (with a picture) on tonight's Jeopardy involving American Gothic. The clue writers seemed to think Industrial=Goth

No one recogized him.

I mean nin is goth tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
no i dont think so