Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

VR win loss records are not something we talk about in entry level analysis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I bet you Lamar Jackson would agree with the virtual tie. Also the longer a game goes the narrower the parameters are for a genuine virtual tie. Virtual ties are like when youre up by less than a TD at halftime. Thats a baseline virtual tie.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Edit: oops double post!

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

you are overwhelming the class

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
For example the titans chargers was a virtual tie

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

every game is a virtual tie. the rest? that's right, you better believe it's variance

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

If a lead doesnt put the "win probability" above a certain threshold thats what determines it.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

If a lead doesnt put the "win probability" above a certain threshold thats what determines it.

The Kawalitmus test. All results are beige

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Everybody is talking about the Cleveland Browns and their upcoming schedule!

https://twitter.com/RuiterWrongFAN/status/1186279999978033158?s=09

After a well deserved week off, the Browns are back in action against the Patriots this week. Just one question: who did they ever beat? QB Brady is climbing up there in age and the wheels are about to fall off this bandwagon. Coach Bill B is usually prepared for anything, but my inside scoops out of Berea CONFIRM Cleveland has some tricks up their sleeves. 300 yard day for Nick Chubb? Maybe an underestimate.

Around the horn to the rest of the AFC North. Bengals lose again to the surprise of nobody. Ravens barely eek out a win against the Seahawks, who the Browns took to the limit a week ago. Pittsburg didn't even show up to play! (Nothing new there)

Standings:
Browns 2-4 (really 6-0)
Ravens 0-7
Steelers 0-6
Bengals 0-7

Cleveland is ready to unleash their star young players and set some records this week. Final score: Browns 69, Pats 0.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Ravens have never beaten the Bears, Vikings, Eagles, Bills, or Colts on the road. It shows what a poor road team we are historically that there are AFC teams we have never beaten on the road, while not having been a horrible team ourselves to not have a chance at a win.

This win at Seattle helped rectify this problem a bit. But still, we should not have AFC teams that we have never beaten on the road. Not 23 years in.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Oct 21, 2019

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Flikken posted:

I Picked this game to be my one Browns game this year

I had picked the Rams one. Godspeed my friend.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

The Ravens have never beaten the Bears, Vikings, Eagles, Bills, or Colts on the road. It shows what a poor road team we are historically that there are AFC teams we have never beaten on the road, while not having been a horrible team ourselves to not have a chance at a win.

This win at Seattle helped rectify this problem a bit. But still, we should not have AFC teams that we have never beaten on the road. Not 23 years in.

3 of those are NFC teams, and we've played the Bills just twice in Buffalo. If we don't finish with the same record, then we only play them once every 3 years (and if they finish with the same ranking the year that we play the rest of the AFC East, it becomes redundant).

Baltimore is 87-116-0 with a 42.9% record as an away team since 2003. Good for 14th in the league, or otherwise totally average. Why do you just make this crap up without even thinking about it for a second?

For comparison, the worst 'away' teams since 2003 are Detroit, Cleveland, Arizona, Tampa Bay, etc. The best 'away' teams are New England, Pittsburgh, New Orleans etc. I wonder what the common theme between being a 'good' away team vs being a 'bad' one could possibly be.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I think where I get that is from the period where we were one of the top 3 home teams or so. So our record on the road was bad in comparison. That's why I've always considered us a bad road team--because our performances there were so much worse than what we would turn in on the road. For example, those top teams you mention? Our home record was right up there with those! So that was frustrating. But lately we haven't been quite that hot at home, so it doesn't seem like we're as bad on the road anymore.

It is weird that we've only played at Buffalo twice. This far in, it seems like that shouldn't be the case! Indianapolis is another problem. We have the same affliction with them like we do with Cincinnati where no matter how bad their defense is we manage to make them look like a million bucks.

I was mostly talking about the AFC teams. The NFC ones were just extra to mention.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Oct 21, 2019

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Man we could not get by the Peyton Colts, not that there's anything shameful about that but I always got eyerolly whenever the pregame would build it up like "PEYTON MANNING AND THE COLTS OFFENSE! RAY LEWIS AND THE RAVENS DEFENSE! WHO WILL WIN?!" and it's like....the offense, because they always win.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

sharknado slashfic posted:

Man we could not get by the Peyton Colts, not that there's anything shameful about that but I always got eyerolly whenever the pregame would build it up like "PEYTON MANNING AND THE COLTS OFFENSE! RAY LEWIS AND THE RAVENS DEFENSE! WHO WILL WIN?!" and it's like....the offense, because they always win.

It's weird bc the Steelers never had a problem with PFM, just the Patriots

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

And the ridiculous thing of it all was--it usually wasn't peyton(and as a note, we actually won our first two matches against him. I was at the second one!! I remember the last play was a sack by Adalius Thomas. Also Rod Woodson set the INT-TD career record in that game. And Jermaine Lewis was running to the end zone on a return and got the ball punched out for a touchback)!! Our defense would put up a real valiant effort but our offense would just crap the bed away. Like that 2005 game where Kyle Boller got hurt and people cheered. And of course that playoff game where the defense completely solved MVP Manning but our offense just couldn't do jack. And it wasn't all because of Bob Sanders!! Its cause Billick galaxy-brained himself and wouldn't run behind Ogden. Then the game in 2009 where Flacco had that bad interception.

In the 2000s it was rare that we would even score meaningful touchdowns against the Colts. In fact we went 8 straight games without scoring a non-garbagetime TD against them. And not all their defenses were bad. But some of them were. But either way, that is ridiculous!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

It's weird bc the Steelers never had a problem with PFM, just the Patriots

It wasn't peyton. It was their drat defense! And it made NO sense!!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

Like that 2005 game where Kyle Boller got hurt and people cheered. And of course that playoff game where the defense completely solved MVP Manning but our offense just couldn't do jack.

Those 2 and the one that I believe you and I were at when it was raining and we went down like 21-0 in the first quarter are the ones that really stick out to me. That playoff game was infuriating. I was at the playoff game where we beat Luck in 2012, and I'm not complaining, but it just wasn't the same.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

It is weird that we've only played at Buffalo twice. This far in, it seems like that shouldn't be the case! Indianapolis is another problem. We have the same affliction with them like we do with Cincinnati where no matter how bad their defense is we manage to make them look like a million bucks.

some important context you keep ignoring is that it was Peyton Manning for like a decade and he beat the Ravens wherever the gently caress he wanted to

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Those 2 and the one that I believe you and I were at when it was raining and we went down like 21-0 in the first quarter are the ones that really stick out to me. That playoff game was infuriating. I was at the playoff game where we beat Luck in 2012, and I'm not complaining, but it just wasn't the same.

Hahahha that rain game. My dad and I still laugh about that one. Maybe the worst game I went to but I can think of a couple other contenders. Colts 2006 playoff game a contender but not for those reasons.

First game I ever went to in the "new" stadium was against the Jaguars in 1998. And well Mark Brunell and co just ate us alive. They won like 45-19. My dad was so disgusted. We left pretty early in that one and I remember us walking away and there was this one woman sitting on her porch listening to the radio and she said to him "hey the Ravens scored" and he was like "WHO GIVES A poo poo". Back then I wasn't a big fan and I just thought the Ravens losing and my dad getting all worked up was hilarious.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

some important context you keep ignoring is that it was Peyton Manning for like a decade and he beat the Ravens wherever the gently caress he wanted to

I just went over this. It had little to do with Manning. Check his statlines in those games. He didn't light us up. He'd sometimes play respectably but it wasn't him just wrecking the defense. It was mostly our hapless offense. Like in that 2005 game? It was Boller's fumbling and turnovers primarily. We outgained the Colts and held their offense in check the majority of the game. But could only hold out so long. And the Colts didn't have a good defense that year either.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

In 2002 we had the Colts beat in Indy. But on a 4th down play late Peyton Manning threw a long pass deep to Qadry Ismail(ugh) and Gary Baxter didn't get his head around so they called PI. And went on to get a TD and win the game. I was SOOOOO mad at that time. My mom yelled at me for screaming so loud at the TV. But we had them. That's the last time we looked respectable against them offensively until the 2009 game(where we still didn't have a TD!).

Another thing I remember about that 2002 Colts game. A bunch of Ravens fans got mad cause as the game was ending the TV showed Qadry Ismail doing some weird cheerleading clapping routine for Colts fans. And all these Ravens fans were like "What an rear end in a top hat how could he do that to his former SB team" etc. And then other fans were like "what's your problem he plays for the other team now what's he supposed to do". I always remember that. And because of Ismail just being a weird dude in general doing that clapping thing.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

We left pretty early in that one and I remember us walking away and there was this one woman sitting on her porch listening to the radio and she said to him "hey the Ravens scored" and he was like "WHO GIVES A poo poo".

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ravens/status/1186619227819663360

Good news

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Browns will beat the undefeated Patriots.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Browns will beat the undefeated Patriots.

Quoted so it can't be edited Sunday

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Chris James 2 posted:

Quoted so it can't be edited Sunday

Baker will show America how to beat the known fraud Tom Brady.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

fight fraud with fraud

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

hell yeah

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Browns lose but Garret KOs Brady thus winning Cleveland's 3rd Superbowl of the Season.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Browns lose but Garret KOs Brady thus winning Cleveland's 3rd Superbowl of the Season.

Listen if Garrett KOs Brady the entire NFL wins a super bowl

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The Cleveland Browns have won the Super Bowl!!!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
stupid: The Cleveland Browns are good
smart: The Cincinatti Bengals are a Sleeping Tiger

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Ghost Dog posted:

fight fraud with fraud
BAKER IS NEAR

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Bigass Moth posted:

Everybody is talking about the Cleveland Browns and their upcoming schedule!

https://twitter.com/RuiterWrongFAN/status/1186279999978033158?s=09

After a well deserved week off, the Browns are back in action against the Patriots this week. Just one question: who did they ever beat? QB Brady is climbing up there in age and the wheels are about to fall off this bandwagon. Coach Bill B is usually prepared for anything, but my inside scoops out of Berea CONFIRM Cleveland has some tricks up their sleeves. 300 yard day for Nick Chubb? Maybe an underestimate.

Around the horn to the rest of the AFC North. Bengals lose again to the surprise of nobody. Ravens barely eek out a win against the Seahawks, who the Browns took to the limit a week ago. Pittsburg didn't even show up to play! (Nothing new there)

Standings:
Browns 2-4 (really 6-0)
Ravens 0-7
Steelers 0-6
Bengals 0-7

Cleveland is ready to unleash their star young players and set some records this week. Final score: Browns 69, Pats 0.

Hello do you host a show on 92.3 The Fan?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
who is the team your team somehow always loses to? for the bengals it's the dolphins. this year will likely be different due to intentional tanking but YOU NEVER KNOW.

Dolphins/Bengals all time is 16-7

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the lions really know how to beat the cleveland browns. the broncos have a fantastic record against the afcn. 63-30-1 or something. it's mostly ohio. don't check this

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

No Irish Need Imply posted:

who is the team your team somehow always loses to? for the bengals it's the dolphins. this year will likely be different due to intentional tanking but YOU NEVER KNOW.

Dolphins/Bengals all time is 16-7

Bengals when AJ Green is playing and scores.

I checked on PFR and he received TDs in 6 games against the Ravens (9 TDs total) and the Bengals won 5 of those. The only loss was a game where the last play of regulation time was a 51 yard AJ Green TD tying the game but the Bengals lost in OT by a Tucker FG.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Mystic Stylez posted:

Bengals when AJ Green is playing and scores.

I checked on PFR and he received TDs in 6 games against the Ravens (9 TDs total) and the Bengals won 5 of those. The only loss was a game where the last play of regulation time was a 51 yard AJ Green TD tying the game but the Bengals lost in OT by a Tucker FG.

Carson Palmer also used to kill us. Everyone was like "He sucks" but when he played the Ravens he always had this magic and would beat us late in the game even if we kept him under wraps.

We actually had a losing record all-time vs Cincinnati at one point last year. But if they're entering a prolonged period of being trash and not having Marvin Lewis anymore, we should be able to improve that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

most people djdnt say carson palmer sucked but they should have because he played for the bengals