Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

lofi posted:

<3 Quink. Pretty pleased with the dog too, he's got the proper mournful expression.

I love this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Late night quickie.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

centaur

gmc9987
Jul 25, 2007

lofi posted:

<3 Quink. Pretty pleased with the dog too, he's got the proper mournful expression.

Oh man this is so good.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

gmc9987 posted:

Oh man this is so good.

Thanks! I'm actually not so keen, now I look again. I think the fancy outline makes the main character look very flat. But drat, I still love quink, love how it seperates!

quote:

Woah, wait a gosh darn, where's my mouseworld awesomeness?

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Legend

gmc9987
Jul 25, 2007

lofi posted:

Woah, wait a gosh darn, where's my mouseworld awesomeness?

It's still there, imagine that a mouse is just behind the camera frantically scrambling away. I trie to work one in there, but it just wasn't happening and I needed to get to sleep. Any formal complaints about content or lack thereof should be addressed to my 2-year-old who has recently decided that mommy and daddy have been getting entirely waaaaaay too much sleep and has taken it upon himself to rectify that.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
IT'S SPOOKTOBER

I had the most annoying time finishing this up when I realized that the ghost rendered differently on my regular monitor than on my cintiq and I have no clue which one is closer to what everyone else will see, so I had to settle for a weird compromise that doesn't look quite like I want it to on either monitor, but doesn't look awful on either monitor either.

Edit: goddammit I can't even see it on my phone!

Edit 2: I just looked at it on my laptop and I can only barely see it there too... I guess I need to see if I can fix this when I get back to my PC next week.

Argue fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Oct 17, 2019

Sotsa
Jul 21, 2008

Furious birdnipples.

gmc9987 posted:

Cool drawings

Your rad thumbnails made me want to do some thumbnail sketches.
Black holes on my mind too i guess. And scifi poo poo but that's the norm.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Argue posted:

I had the most annoying time finishing this up when I realized that the ghost rendered differently on my regular monitor than on my cintiq and I have no clue which one is closer to what everyone else will see, so I had to settle for a weird compromise that doesn't look quite like I want it to on either monitor, but doesn't look awful on either monitor either.

Edit 2: I just looked at it on my laptop and I can only barely see it there too... I guess I need to see if I can fix this when I get back to my PC next week.

Argh, I know your pain there, much sympathy.

I did an inktober, woot, it's done, w/e

It's fucken poo poo but it's done.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Tonight's sloppy doodle is dedicated to Krita, which decided to crash on me and destroy my more elaborate drawing.

Cheers.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry

lofi posted:

Thanks! I'm actually not so keen, now I look again. I think the fancy outline makes the main character look very flat. But drat, I still love quink, love how it seperates!

Until this comment I thought Quink was the name of the sexy travelhobo character. :doh: He will forever be the Quink of my heart.

I finished the Kitty! The gold watercolour doesn't photograph well, but all the dots are a lovely sparkly gold, just trust me on this.

bonus sketch, I'm all about tall owls

I've gotta hit up an actual art store during the weekend. The local hobby and craft store had NO INK whatsoever, and the local bookstore only had blue in waterproof. All the other stores had, at best, art markers and ffffuuuuuck paying 6 goddamn euros for a goddamn marker.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Just quoting some things that I particularly like :)

Inktober!

bij
Feb 24, 2007

The ponffs of Muteenglia IV hop about the rocky wastes of the equatorial rift zones collecting chemical condensates and free gases during the long months of stellar maximum. Shortly after stellar output drops, the ponffs root themselves in the regolith and begin sprouting their leathery fruiting bodies. Within each pod a thin membranous sac engorges with syrupy concentrated honeydew and tens of thousands of ponff larva. When the petals rupture and the succulent ripened bulb is revealed it is quickly plucked and eaten by a passing stojjglunt or griosa. Shortly after consumption, the larval ponffs take hold within the creature's innards and pupate. A few short weeks later, thousands of ponff nymphs erupt from the excretory organs of their host, leaving the bewildered creature kilograms lighter but generally none the worse for wear.

bij fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Oct 18, 2019

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

I wasn’t feeling the prompt so I decided to WING :jeb: it

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Not exactly drawn.

Inktober 2019 "Swing"

Argue posted:

IT'S SPOOKTOBER

This is great. Took me a while to notice the face in the back.

sigma 6 fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Oct 18, 2019

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Sharpest Crayon posted:

I finished the Kitty! The gold watercolour doesn't photograph well, but all the dots are a lovely sparkly gold, just trust me on this.

I love snugglekitty! He/she should get together with snugglepup that I did earlier:

Inktober 16-18

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

NO COLOUR NO SOFTNESS JUST INK AND SASS

(I'm much happier for this one after yesterday's horrible floaty mess)

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Skeleton

Edit: it's business slime.

my buddy Superfly fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Oct 18, 2019

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Inktober 2019

"Wild"

gmc9987
Jul 25, 2007
I spent much more time on one of these prompts than the other one, can you guess which one?

Sotsa
Jul 21, 2008

Furious birdnipples.

Lotsa standing on eyes going on here. I don't really know why, but i really wanted to draw some people standing on other people's eyes.

Here are some things I refrained from posting last week because the quality was kinda meh. But they're super hilarious to me so here they are.

gmc9987 posted:

I spent much more time on one of these prompts than the other one, can you guess which one?

You spent more time on the extra- rad one!

Elentor posted:

My first and probably last self-portrait. Feels weird drawing yourself.

I think you should draw more cool self portraits! It's probably like good for u to draw yourself too. It certainly helps me give less of a poo poo about how I look! Especially if I'm like "I'm gonna post this no matter how it looks!"

Sotsa fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Oct 19, 2019

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Monstober day 18: cyclops

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Tried inking with just brush pen on this one for a more organic feel.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

lofi posted:

Tried inking with just brush pen on this one for a more organic feel.

How did you like it?
I'm asking because I wanna talk about how satisfying I personally find pulling lines with brushes despite the fact that round shapes can be "a bit" tricky. Especially small circles. But line variance is so easy!
And texturally in the hand it's like swoooooosh plink and not scratch scritch like dip pens (though that's a different kind of satisfactory) or stubbs grubble like hard-edge markers. Didn't really realize how much I missed the tactical feedback when I was doing nothing but digital.

Anyway here's a chicken.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

It was ok, though I prefer just using a straight brush if I'm going to do that sort of thing. I struggle with giving up precious CONTROL AND PRECISION because I'm a massive control freak with my art, but that's part of why I do it, to push myself. It's something I'd like to work on more, I don't have enough experience to comment fairly beyond that.

Yay boots!

e: 20 times so far I've forgotten to timg tag the pic. :|

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Late night lighting practise sketch.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

From a photo we took last week for some reason.
Tomorrow is my last day at this job, leaving for greener pastures project wise. But goddammit, will I miss these people.

Also, Daniel Smith is really great, as in, really amazing.

Here is an instagram picture I took of my field setup:

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Keetron posted:

From a photo we took last week for some reason.
Tomorrow is my last day at this job, leaving for greener pastures project wise. But goddammit, will I miss these people.

Also, Daniel Smith is really great, as in, really amazing.

Here is an instagram picture I took of my field setup:

That's a pretty clever way of mapping your paints. I usually do my swatches in my books, but your way makes way more sense.

How do you like those Escoda travel brushes?

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Franchescanado posted:

That's a pretty clever way of mapping your paints. I usually do my swatches in my books, but your way makes way more sense.

How do you like those Escoda travel brushes?

I do them in books too, larger mostly to get a feel for the paints and with the names next to it. Like this:

I am ashamed to admit I did not use the brushes yet, I was having to much fun with some generic 1 & 2 kolinsky brushes and a silver black velvet 4. I will be in Antwerp on Wednesday and put them to the test there.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Monstober day 19: gargoyle

day 20: chimera

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Keetron posted:

I do them in books too, larger mostly to get a feel for the paints and with the names next to it. Like this:

I am ashamed to admit I did not use the brushes yet, I was having to much fun with some generic 1 & 2 kolinsky brushes and a silver black velvet 4. I will be in Antwerp on Wednesday and put them to the test there.

I'll keep an eye out to see if you like/dislike them.

I just got a Princeton Neptune Watercolor Round #20, and I am absolutely not used to it yet. I'm used to #1 - #6's. It's a good brush, though.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Drew two characters from a short comic I did a while ago.

It reminded me that every time I use references (like now) I think to myself that I should use them more often, and then hardly ever do for some reason.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Sheeeit Keetron, giving me kit-envy there! ;)

21 days of forgetting to timg-tag

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

lofi posted:

Sheeeit Keetron, giving me kit-envy there! ;)

21 days of forgetting to timg-tag

This is great. Also, I really like your handwriting.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
The nearby framery that also sells art stuff had ink! ..not the ink I wanted but any port in a storm. It's just unreasonable to expect an art person to get up and into an art store before 2pm on a saturday. I mean, c'mon. Come onnnnn. We've all been way too hosed up on absinthe and existential dread the day before.

I shoulda done Monstober.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.
Hello friends, haven't been around for a couple of years. Yeah, I'm thinking I'm back.
Here's a few drawings from recently. Thumbed for your scrolling convenience.

This is a commission I just did for forums user Agrinja for whomst I made some previous work. The rest are personal work.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

That's some sweet lighting sfx you got going there!

Also, come join us on Artdome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
Day 21 Treasure