Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hub Cat posted:

Looking at the map I don't think the sniper could see the church or the feld building from the shooting position
https://i.imgur.com/7roKlah.jpg

How do you get to the island Can I do it before I meet ruby?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Turtlicious posted:

How do you get to the island Can I do it before I meet ruby?

You have to track down Ruby first

Also ending spoilers Since I'm an obsessive weirdo and had a save right at the endhttps://i.imgur.com/8ZBb3AH.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Xk64TOm.jpg https://i.imgur.com/IU22ejg.jpg

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Agent355 posted:

Early game sorta spoilers I guess.

I'm finding myself working with evrart as doing poo poo for him seems to directly advance my goals but it feels skeezy as all hell. It also feels like I don't have many options besides this but that seems weird. This doesn't seem like the sort of thing th game would force you to do but I can't seem to see any alternatives. I'm just going to roll with it for this playthrough but I'm missing something right?

You can gently caress up his plans.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Arglebargle III posted:

Ok I give up how do I check the boardwalk for bullet traces? Can't find an interact.
The boardwalk's point is inside Feld Electrical. There's a hidden communist propaganda office on the bottom floor that you can rule out as a possible sniper point.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Game owns

I'm in the bookshop looking for curses! However the secret area is a bit, errr, dark. Even with the flashlight I can't really see anything. I'm in the big game room and can't find the password and don't know what to do. Any help?

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
I don't see any mods for this game out there. Please tell me that's just because it's new and not because it's hard/impossible to mod?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Calico Heart posted:

Game owns

I'm in the bookshop looking for curses! However the secret area is a bit, errr, dark. Even with the flashlight I can't really see anything. I'm in the big game room and can't find the password and don't know what to do. Any help?

You get the password a little later in another sidequest.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Roman Reigns posted:

You get the password a little later in another sidequest.

ah. should I just leave?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Kind of hard to believe my way is blocked by a chain link fence while I'm standing there with a pair of chain-link fence cutters.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
Is there any sort of punishment for not going to bed at night?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Calico Heart posted:

ah. should I just leave?

Depends. There's more to explore beyond the game room if you haven't looked already. You just won't find the password yet.

edit: Oh also use the TAB key and the flashlight together if you're stuck somewhere in the dark

Roman Reigns fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Oct 21, 2019

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Lucinice posted:

Is there any sort of punishment for not going to bed at night?

Yeah you're stuck on that day forever with nobody to talk to

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/10/21/steam-charts-free-diving-edition/
Disco Elysium was apparently the top grossing Steam game of the week (not counting Destiny 2 as a "whole" entry because it would have otherwise been).
Also topping GOG's best selling, too.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

lost in postation posted:

I had a hard time with that as well. You have to enter the building you jumped from to get your coat; the other door to that building is the locked one at the top of the stairs outside the docks, but you can open it from the inside.

e: just realised you were probably trying to leave without talking to Evrart. In that case I don't that's possible.

Yeah, I get the message that I have to talk to the Union leader. I guess I can just bail on the conversation after I take his money tho :v:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Agent355 posted:

Early game sorta spoilers I guess.

I'm finding myself working with evrart as doing poo poo for him seems to directly advance my goals but it feels skeezy as all hell. It also feels like I don't have many options besides this but that seems weird. This doesn't seem like the sort of thing th game would force you to do but I can't seem to see any alternatives. I'm just going to roll with it for this playthrough but I'm missing something right?

You don't strictly have to work with him, though it has its benefits, and in any task he gives you, you have opportunities to sabotage it.

Do what you think your character would do. Nothing he tells you to do gates plot progression.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

Hub Cat posted:

Yeah you're stuck on that day forever with nobody to talk to

Wait if you don't go to bed the day never changed? That's weird but okay thanks.

Is there anywhere to sleep early on other than the hotel?

Lucinice fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Oct 22, 2019

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I love to see good work succeed, and I look forward to waiting 5 years for Disco Elysium 2: Jamrock Blues.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Hogama posted:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/10/21/steam-charts-free-diving-edition/
Disco Elysium was apparently the top grossing Steam game of the week (not counting Destiny 2 as a "whole" entry because it would have otherwise been).
Also topping GOG's best selling, too.
I hope it makes billions

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Is there any way to get your gun back without working for Evrart? I'm interested to know, since the scene where you get your gun back is both really good and seemingly completely unconnected to Evrart beyond him telling you where to go, but I also didn't see any other way of triggering it or being told about it.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

cock hero flux posted:

Is there any way to get your gun back without working for Evrart? I'm interested to know, since the scene where you get your gun back is both really good and seemingly completely unconnected to Evrart beyond him telling you where to go, but I also didn't see any other way of triggering it or being told about it.

I don't think The Pigs shows up anywhere on the map until you have Evrart set up a meeting. Seems like a missed opportunity, but the game has a built-in counterargument to that in the form of the failed game studio :v:

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Lucinice posted:

Wait if you don't go to bed the day never changed? That's weird but okay thanks.

Is there anywhere to sleep early on other than the hotel?

Yeah time stops moving at 2 am and there is no other place to sleep early on other than the whirling in rags so if you don't have the money you have to reload an earlier save unfortunately.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Stuck in a loving airport instead of playing this game, 0/10, wanna be scrounging bottles for rent money and arguing with myself while dressed like a maniac.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Calico Heart posted:

Game owns

The flashlight was bugged for me, it only worked after reloading.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

sean10mm posted:

scrounging bottles for rent money and arguing with myself while dressed like a maniac.

those seem to be common activities in airports, though?

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Has anyone found the (Evrart quest #2)two false signatures for his letter? I've found the actual people that he wants to sign, but I want to gently caress up his plan and I have no idea where to find someone to fake the signatures.

Phenotype fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Oct 22, 2019

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Phenotype posted:

Has anyone found the (Evrart quest #2)two false signatures for his letter? I've found the actual people that he wants to sign, but I want to gently caress up his plan and I have no idea where to find someone to fake the signatures.
If you're looking for alternate signatures, you can get Idiot Doom Spiral and Don't-Call-Abigail to sign instead. If you want to forge, I think you need to do it in the shack.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Phenotype posted:

Did you Interact with the letter in your inventory?

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Roman Reigns posted:

Did you Interact with the letter in your inventory?

Yep, I think that's how I got the alternate route presented to me in the first place.

Also, is there anyway to stop looking all bloodshot and gross in your portrait? I've shaved my sideburns (possible mistake!) and gotten rid of The Expression and explored the thought where I quit drinking, but I still look like I'm hungover.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That's because you are!

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Phenotype posted:

Yep, I think that's how I got the alternate route presented to me in the first place.

Also, is there anyway to stop looking all bloodshot and gross in your portrait? I've shaved my sideburns (possible mistake!) and gotten rid of The Expression and explored the thought where I quit drinking, but I still look like I'm hungover.

Alcoholics can bounce back surprisingly from end stage breakdown but it takes at least a few months.

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Arglebargle III posted:

Alcoholics can bounce back surprisingly from end stage breakdown but it takes at least a few months.

I haven't had a drink the entire time, and Kim even mentions this once when you bemoan still feeling like poo poo even though you quit drinking.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

man DE sure is Slavoj Žižek given video game form

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

TotalLossBrain posted:

Staring at Cindy's art that I just set on fire, my character loudly screams into the night: "YOU HAVE BEEN POLICED, MARTINAISE!"

lmao

I think you can yell that at the body after shooting it down, too.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Anyone found the OST somewhere or somehow to extract it? I desperately want to listen to the music.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh my loving lord the karaoke failure

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

Inland Empire is the voice of all the social cues you pick up on a subconscious level- empathy for something you do not know, the awareness that that something feels wrong (or right) and you do not know why. We call it supernatural because we cannot nail down what the hell our mirror neurons are reflecting, but we know it's a reflection we're picking up.

Shivers, on the other hand, is Ancient Lizard Brain shouting THIS BIT'S IMPORTANT, MONKEY up your spine and picking up a couple of weird echoes along the way.

I actually feel like Shivers is at least in part (church spoilers) related to the the Pale leaking into Martinaise from the hole in the world - one symptom of pale radiation is getting flashes of memories from other people and other places and other times. Shivers is probably your body's ability to process this confusing, paradoxical information - the Pale spreading throughout the whole city and being a record of everything that ever was or is.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Excelzior posted:

man DE sure is Slavoj Žižek given video game form

what would be his starting stats + signature skill?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

Oh my loving lord the karaoke failure

It's only a failure if you have no heart. :mad:

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Xander77 posted:

Yo, could you link a download to a day 1 hour 1 save game for a 9999 character? I'm rather interested in how that plays out.

https://anonymousfiles.io/XYmrXH4p/

Two files in a .zip. One of the zipped files is itself a zip but don't unzip that one, just extract both the blahblah.ntwtf.zip and the blahblah.png to the Disco Elysium Savegames folder, which should be in Users/yourname/AppData/LocalLow/ZAUM Studio/Disco Elysium/SaveGames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Arglebargle III posted:

Your various skills even mention it a few times. You aren't even that old, there's hope. You could turn it around.