Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

OxySnake posted:

I want to imagine this is the guy who threw his shoes at Bush, going from place to place letting his disgust with bad things be known.

The hero we need not what we deserve.

I mean Trubisky’s pro bowl season was the biggest con job since the Iraq War

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Trubbish at the Pro Bowl was an inside job. :stare:

JET FUEL CAN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Bears have apparently signed Brent Urban

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1186416821496205312

Pretty sure that's a wrap on this season.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

"some time" lol. real loving descriptive. he's already missed "some time" you jerk!!

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

T-Square posted:

Hell yeah, that was an awesome game to see live. There was a group of Oakland fans from California in front of us and we were constantly heckling each other back and forth, but every time either team scored we gave each other high fives, and at the end of the game we all shook each other's hands and talked about how fun it was :3:

There was a group of Oakland fans in front of me who were hilariously poo poo talking everything, and it was the best watching the old white guys around us get fired up.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

ghosthorse posted:

Tarik's definitely comes off more as him saying it's not a big deal and them poking fun about his height doesn't bother him so it doesn't need to be a big thing. Sports media sucks 100% of the time, let players have fun on twitter.

Dexo posted:

On the other hand you should definitely not respond to any media person who does the stupid reaction policing

Because it never ends well for you.
Don't get me wrong I'm fine with them poking back. I'm just really annoyed at Nagy overall and thought he was defensive as hell in his press conference.

This was a thing of beauty

https://twitter.com/SethGalina/status/1186418669280215040?s=19

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://mobile.twitter.com/allbrightnfl/status/1186430695071027200

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

I'm... actually okay with this, especially if Davante's injury is coming along well and we're getting him back in a few more weeks. (They said he'll be back after the bye, right?)

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I’m totally fine with this, I don’t think there’s a big drop off from Allison all the way down to Lazard/Kumerow. If we were going to make a move I’d have wanted to do it at the beginning of the season.

Edit: plus we get ESB back in a bit too, possibly

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
This is great and is my last straw on gently caress Mitch. There's no excuse for this at all, this is a play I could make a correct read on good lord

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Abugadu posted:

I’m totally fine with this, I don’t think there’s a big drop off from Allison all the way down to Lazard/Kumerow. If we were going to make a move I’d have wanted to do it at the beginning of the season.

Edit: plus we get ESB back in a bit too, possibly

I believe ESB cant come back until next year

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Deki posted:

I believe ESB cant come back until next year

Yeah, he can't come back.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Yeah they still have one designated to return slot, but Brown isn’t eligible for it because he was placed on IR before the opening roster was set.

Also if guys like Sanu are going for 2nd rounders, let’s just roll with what we got.

Hand Row fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Oct 22, 2019

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Trubisky is loving up the NFC North clean sweep this week

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
So did the vikings luck out on the timing of Thielen's injury going short against a theoretically easy to beat Washington or is this going to be a repeat of last year's Bills game?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

As someone who is going to the game this Thursday I pray it's not a repeat of the Bill's game.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

im disappointed we dont get to watch a Mahomes vs. Rodgers Bullshit Bowl, even though this makes a win much more likely

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Oct 22, 2019

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

PupsOfWar posted:

im disappointed we dont get to watch a Mahomes vs. Rodgers Bullshit Bowl, even though this makes a win much more likely

Yeah, same. I wanted to see them both on the same field and now it may never happen unless they meet in a super bowl or Rodgers really is still playing at 40.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

The Football Funhouse › NFC North: I'm not an idiot

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/markgrotesports/status/1186680839649857536

Players only meeting szn

It's lit.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

This is going to be like that scene in full metal jacket where they punch trubisky in the gut over and over again right

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

ghosthorse posted:

So did the vikings luck out on the timing of Thielen's injury going short against a theoretically easy to beat Washington or is this going to be a repeat of last year's Bills game?

Washington is a dumpster fire. There are some historically bad teams this year

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

adaz posted:

Trubisky is loving up the NFC North clean sweep this week

I'm surprised Mitch was even as high as 21 but garbage time helped him. He went 7-16 for 35 yards and 2 sacks in 2nd and 3rd quarters, lol

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

I assume it's actually a "players only except for Mitchell Trubisky" meeting

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Play posted:

I assume it's actually a "players only except for Mitchell Trubisky" meeting

Trubs isn't a player so he isn't invited.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

mastershakeman posted:

I'm surprised Mitch was even as high as 21 but garbage time helped him. He went 7-16 for 35 yards and 2 sacks in 2nd and 3rd quarters, lol

Oh yeah, his stat line is about as misleading as humanly possible. If I just woke up from a coma I would think he had a decent game.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

Hand Row posted:

Yeah they still have one designated to return slot, but Brown isn’t eligible for it because he was placed on IR before the opening roster was set.

Also if guys like Sanu are going for 2nd rounders, let’s just roll with what we got.

I'm still torn on shopping for a receiver since draft picks are such a gamble, but a second does seem to set the market a bit high. Yet another move by the Pats to gently caress the whole league.

Maybe Jace coming off of ir will help too, even though hes a rookie tight end with not a whole lot of actual time in the system. Sounds like the perfect guy to talk myself into being the difference maker now we are superbowl bound book it I say

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1186736869507158017?s=19

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Roll the dice on Kenyon Drake, Quinn, you absolute coward.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Jesus Christ. The hits keep on coming.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
So what's the theory on roquan now that he sucks post weird incident
My coworker thinks STD, I think he's embarrassed about IBS or diverticulitis or something and contact is hurting him

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1186743511527219200

So is this leading to something else or are we just loving punting on this season.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

MJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1186743511527219200

So is this leading to something else or are we just loving punting on this season.

It's done.

Come with me, friend. We can be Bills fans this year.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Well, hopefully they get rid of patricia next.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/snacks/status/1186746277570236416

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Slay also responded poorly. I wouldn't be surprised if they shipped out Slay too. Diggs is way better than the 5th round pick. Wonder which team the Lions can imitate next since Patriots didn't work.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/_bigplayslay23/status/1186744149493649410
https://twitter.com/_bigplayslay23/status/1186745561975873544

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Nothing will ever change for this team until they're under ownership that has nothing to do with the Ford family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Fully agreed with Slay here, Diggs is a great player and it's an utter shame to see him shipped out for so little.