Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

Made my safe conservative district slightly less safe, and slightly more orange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chicken
Apr 23, 2014

DynamicSloth posted:

Proportional systems encourage diversity. In New Zealand after MPP was put in place the level of indigenous MPs rose to their actual demographic proportion in the population.

New Zealand also has Maori only ridings that geographically overlap with other ridings. To my understanding, Maori can choose to vote in either riding. So it's not just PR that lead to that. Probably something Canadians should consider.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Are we dead yet?

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
It's been 6 minutes let's get some results how many people could have even voted in Newfoundland

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Voted NDP in University Rosedale.

By far the busiest that polling station has ever been for me though Chrystia Freeland has to be about as safe a riding as possible.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

Happy elections goons I'm breaking out the good tequila tonight

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Jordan7hm posted:

I’ve received so many goddamn texts from the NDP. Like a dozen over the last ten days.

Every one of them is from a new number.

At least they’re going real hard at getting out the vote. Not the worst thing in the world.

NDP street level get out the vote has been strong in my riding Port Moody / Coquitlam. I think I've had about 3 - 4 flyers and door knockers stuck to the door over the last week plus their canvassers came by twice. Its going to go either NDP or Con this time around. My wife and I both voted for them already in early polls and told the canvasser that but they keep sticking the things on the door.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I'm arzying like crazy about a conservative minority because of the Bloc

noooo

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
are the results reported gonna be based on final vote counts or exit polls?

if exit polls how accurate are they gonna be given the number of people who advance voted?

Bob Ross Nuke Test
Jul 12, 2016

by Games Forum

Another Bill posted:

Happy elections goons I'm breaking out the good tequila tonight

Why do you have balsamic vinegar in the middle?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I dont drink or smoke weed so Im thinking of unplugging for the night and just waking up in a complete panic tomorrow.

Liberal candidate lost my riding by like 45 votes last election and apparently its just as close this year, but since that was the last election under FPTP I was happy to slam that NDP vote into the box.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mila kunis posted:

if exit polls how accurate are they gonna be given the number of people who advance voted?

vote count

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The mark critch bits are weiiiiird

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

mila kunis posted:

They're based on the actual poll boxes as the results come on, I don't think Canada really has exit polls

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

mila kunis posted:

Exit polls aren't allowed in Canada - it'll be actual vote counts

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Like weird and good

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Conservatives easily claim the first seat

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Conservatives winning! Wrap it up folks!

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Sep 9, 2022

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.

ColdBlooded posted:

Exit polls aren't allowed in Canada - it'll be actual vote counts

It'd be neat to see Eric Grenier get exit polling impossibly wrong, though.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Vassey Kapelos accent is Canadian as gently caress

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Reality Sinner posted:

Conservatives easily claim the first seat

Now it's a Liberal seat?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Someone left a message on my friends Facebook wall about how Bernier was going to be the next PM because the PPC has dank memes so I guess all is lost.

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.

Mokinokaro posted:

Now it's a Liberal seat?

They're not called seats. They'll list whatever is leading at the time the various polling stations come in within the ridings.

Like, that last guy has 25 votes.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Joining you from some random person’s house

The NPC
Nov 21, 2010

Only 2 of 231 polls in that riding reporting.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Leading by 25 votes? I didn't know that there were so many people in the Atlantic provinces.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Oh Megan Leslie is there, she's great

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

there are too many drat people on this cbc set

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is there going to be an elections map feature on CBC's website like there was last election?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is there going to be an elections map feature on CBC's website like there was last election?

CBC.ca/results

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

8 votes Hell yeah

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Arcsquad12 posted:

There is kind of here:

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/elections/federal/2019/results/

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Arcsquad12 posted:

This is what they have so far.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Voted NDP in the advanced polls for kelowna-lake country though I have a feeling the incumbent liberal candidate will run away with it unfortunately

Stay safe out there friends

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

T.C. posted:

They're not called seats. They'll list whatever is leading at the time the various polling stations come in within the ridings.

Like, that last guy has 25 votes.

That's moronic. Election night reporting only exists to torture viewers.

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
I am very much over hearing about politics as a horse race and messaging, instead of as a thing that actually affects people's lives and has real meaning. So yeah, not so much into watching these things any more. Maybe I'll watch when I get overly curious later.

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

Civic duty complete.

My husband (american) is always shocked at how quickly I am in and out of voting.

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh
y'all in trouble once the pei votes start rolling in, there were dozens of us voting, dozens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Mr. Apollo posted:

This is what they have so far.

If you scroll down a bit more there is a map but it's not the best.

This is the best map results:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw92rsSHl7s