Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/GOPLeader/status/1186417908567683074

Bucky Fullminster posted:

how many hours away is this?

from the time of your/this post, an hour 45 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
In a 5-4 decision....

https://twitter.com/NBCPolitics/status/1186418908238110721?s=19

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Ice Phisherman posted:

Politicians already engage in what you might think of as legal insider trading (because it is)
Apparently they closed this loophole in 2013 but yeah most of them probably still do it anyway.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Bucky Fullminster posted:

how many hours away is this?

1 hour 44 minutes.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

i am harry posted:

Oh Oh someone post that story about the guy who picked up the piece of plutonium that's used in the imaging equipment they inspect pipes and concrete for cracks with; put it in his back pocket and took it home to his wife and baby...

plutonium is typically not used as an industrial radiology source because it is crazy expensive compared to other materials

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

It's performance art.

Yep. I think Burkman might be the only one not into the giant triple-reflex joke (well maybe Wohl, but he might be coming around to the reality of the performance too). I'm 50% that the neighbor dude was recommended by Milo's agent or something.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

odd, they reposted it, I don't see any difference
https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1186400759677706240?s=20

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
How did Jacob Wohl go from being this no name weirdo sycophant who always had the first comment to literally every Trump tweet to this carnival sideshow embarrassment anyway?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

ewiley posted:

odd, they reposted it, I don't see any difference
https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1186400759677706240?s=20

pompeo always takes the hawkish sounding line. i bet he is probably pissed about syria but he is such bootlick he will never show it.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How did Jacob Wohl go from being this no name weirdo sycophant who always had the first comment to literally every Trump tweet to this carnival sideshow embarrassment anyway?

You say these things like they're different?

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_Wohl#Investment_funds,_sanctions,_and_legal_action

"In 2017, the Arizona Corporation Commission (ACC) issued a cease-and-desist order to Wohl, WCIG, NeX, and MAI after it found they were in violation of securities laws. The ACC charged Wohl and his companies with 14 counts of securities fraud, including falsely representing investment risks, misrepresenting the amounts of assets managed, and falsely claiming in online advertisements on Craigslist that he, then 18, and his partner, then 27, had "over 35 years flipping homes". Wohl at one point claimed that he was managing 178 client accounts and combined total assets under management (AUM) of as much as $10,000,000, although the ACC said that he only had thirteen clients and an AUM of around $500,000. Wohl was forced by the ACC to pay $32,919 in restitution and $5,000 in penalties.[29][30][27]"

TLDR: Wohl's attempts at trump sycophant status were apparently a reach for a pardon, Wohl is not real bright, and here we are.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

You say these things like they're different?

i mean at first he was kinda of weird in group joke. like i hadnt heard of him outside people laughing about him on SA. now most political types and some non political types know about it. maybe they have a humiliation fetish.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He gave up on getting props/a pardon, and now is just being an obvious shithead to likely promote some nebulous goal of writing a book in a year or so about how much of an awesome troll he was and how we were all triggered. He's just a flailing little poo poo that will dry out in the sun after awhile.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

luxury handset posted:

plutonium is typically not used as an industrial radiology source because it is crazy expensive compared to other materials

i am harry posted:

Oh Oh someone post that story about the guy who picked up the piece of plutonium that's used in the imaging equipment they inspect pipes and concrete for cracks with; put it in his back pocket and took it home to his wife and baby...

Plutonium is not used as an industrial radiography source because:

1) it is a fissile material, and thus strictly controlled by the handful of governments that have the means to produce it.

2) it would be useless for imaging anything thicker than a piece of paper, because it emits alpha radiation and not gamma radiation.

The story(s)* you're thinking of are about a Cobalt-60 source, CO-60 is produced when elemental Cobalt is exposed to a neutron flux in a nuclear reactor, it has the distinction of producing not one, but two gamma particles when it decays, both of which are extremely energetic, and therefore have great penetrating power, it's pretty much the nastiest form of radioactive waste we have. It's also useful for radiography, but should be strictly controlled, and housed in a lead shield when not exposed to take images.

incident

There was also an incident in Mexico where some dudes hijacked a truck and stole the source, they only got Antioch of radiation sickness though.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

Apparently they closed this loophole in 2013 but yeah most of them probably still do it anyway.

They only did for a short time, about two months. This was the STOCK act if I recall.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STOCK_Act

quote:

The STOCK Act was modified on April 15, 2013, by S.716. This amendment modifies the online disclosure portion of the STOCK Act, so that some officials, but not the President, Vice President, Congress, or anyone running for Congress, can no longer file online and their records are no longer easily accessible to the public. In Section (a)2, the amendment specifically does not alter the online access for trades by the President, the Vice President, Congress, or those running for Congress.[11] The reasoning for this change was to prevent criminals from gaining access to the financial data and using it against affected persons. This bill was introduced by Senator Harry Reid on April 11, 2013. It was considered by the Senate and passed by unanimous consent. In the house, S.716 received only 14 seconds before being passed by unanimous consent.[

So what they did was hide their crime, pretending that this was about keeping congressional financial data away from people who would use it as leverage. Insider trading is still illegal, but the odds of basically everyone doing it anyway is super high. There's no one to bell the cat.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
Also in Brazil where they broke into a Cesium137 capsule because it made a neat glowing color

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

DarkHorse posted:

Also in Brazil where they broke into a Cesium137 capsule because it made a neat glowing color

Oh gos, and one of the guys kids used it as makeup....

...she did not survive.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

He gave up on getting props/a pardon, and now is just being an obvious shithead to likely promote some nebulous goal of writing a book in a year or so about how much of an awesome troll he was and how we were all triggered. He's just a flailing little poo poo that will dry out in the sun after awhile.

Wouldn't mind if he flails around uselessly for a little while longer as likely no one on the right gives a drat about him anymore. The latest video was kinda, a, fun watching the flail anyways. :)

Edit: Watching tax:

Otteration fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Oct 22, 2019

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I know what he's trying to do but it just comes off as him and the rest of the GOP being too stupid to understand what paraphrasing is.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Ice Phisherman posted:

They only did for a short time, about two months. This was the STOCK act if I recall.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STOCK_Act

So what they did was hide their crime, pretending that this was about keeping congressional financial data away from people who would use it as leverage. Insider trading is still illegal, but the odds of basically everyone doing it anyway is super high. There's no one to bell the cat.
Well it was literally legal before that, however. But yeah no way to verify and they're probably all doing it still, anyway.

Is he even being prosecuted for anything anymore or did everyone figure he was just too dumb / useful?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

DarkHorse posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goi%C3%A2nia_accident all because the security guard decided to go watch Herbie Goes Bananas.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Hahahahaha

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1186419529125113867

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

I once had to explain Jacob Wahl to someone and realized that he is most popular among people who hate read his tweets and outside of that tiny subset of twitter users no one knows or cares who he is.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Angry_Ed posted:

I know what he's trying to do but it just comes off as him and the rest of the GOP being too stupid to understand what paraphrasing is.

everything makes sense when you realize the entire gop platform consists of nothing but gaslighting

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

Is he even being prosecuted for anything anymore or did everyone figure he was just too dumb / useful?

You know, now that I think about it, the Mueller allegations were the first time he tried to do something like this and it was obviously to try and derail the investigation. I know that was referred to the FBI and it seemed like a serious thing. Could these subsequent ridiculous 'press conferences' be an attempt to backpedal/retcon and develop some sort of context for claiming that the Mueller thing was just the first installment in an ongoing series of satire? I imagine that initial earnest attempt to gently caress with Mueller to earn Trump's favor is kind of a serious thing he'd love to get out from under.

Pissed Ape Sexist fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Oct 22, 2019

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

I once had to explain Jacob Wahl to someone and realized that he is most popular among people who hate read his tweets and outside of that tiny subset of twitter users no one knows or cares who he is.

I think he's almost entirely worth ignoring completely, but i will admit I derived a meaningful amount of enjoyment from his "Elizabeth Warren fucks" story.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Google Butt posted:

everything makes sense when you realize the entire gop platform consists of nothing but gaslighting

Oh I know, I'm just saying for anybody who isn't their dwindling base it just looks stupid.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I think he's almost entirely worth ignoring completely, but i will admit I derived a meaningful amount of enjoyment from his "Elizabeth Warren fucks" story.

im liking the 'ted cruz fucks' story a lot less, because it makes me physically ill.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/nick_ramsey/status/1186431945422585856

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

ponzicar posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goi%C3%A2nia_accident all because the security guard decided to go watch Herbie Goes Bananas.

Wikipedia posted:

Opening the capsule
On September 16, Alves succeeded in puncturing the capsule's aperture window with a screwdriver, allowing him to see a deep blue light coming from the tiny opening he had created.[1] He inserted the screwdriver and successfully scooped out some of the glowing substance. Thinking it was perhaps a type of gunpowder, he tried to light it, but the powder would not ignite. The exact mechanism by which the light was generated was not known at the time the IAEA report was written, though it was thought to be either ionized air glow, fluorescence or Cherenkov radiation associated with the absorption of moisture by the source; similar blue light was observed in 1988 at Oak Ridge National Laboratory during the disencapsulation of a 137Cs source.[1]

I'm really enjoying the extra level of :wtc: here of getting to that point, getting it out, thinking "huh this is probably gunpowder directly in front of me" and then immediately attempting to light it to see.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The right realized that if they keep paying the inflatable clown people will keep stopping to spend time punching it instead of focusing on the nazis that are sneaking into the building

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

You know, now that I think about it, the Mueller allegations were the first time he tried to do something like this and it was obviously to try and derail the investigation. I know that was referred to the FBI and it seemed like a serious thing. Could these subsequent ridiculous 'press conferences' be an attempt to backpedal/retcon and develop some sort of context for claiming that the Mueller thing was just the first installment in an ongoing series of satire? I imagine that initial earnest attempt to gently caress with Mueller to earn Trump's favor is kind of a serious thing he'd love to get out from under.

At this point I hope the FBI has what they need of Wohl, are looking into other more important stuff, and can circle back to him and others as needed. These subsequent ridiculous "press conferences" are for youtube/other web clicks, is all, I'd imagine. "Ongoing series of satire" would be good, and a close second, if they were that bright.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

luxury handset posted:

Yes clearly I don’t know poo poo about the difference between uranium and plutonium and any other fissile material who cares where’s that story

E: yeah there it is.

Whoever was manning the horn during the Whol front porch event is a cool dude.

i am harry fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Oct 22, 2019

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

i am harry posted:

Yes clearly I don’t know poo poo about the difference between uranium and plutonium and any other fissile material who cares where’s that story

maybe you should stop being so dumb about atomz, like do you think that medical equipment can explode like nukes?

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

It's literally this:

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

fool_of_sound posted:

im liking the 'ted cruz fucks' story a lot less, because it makes me physically ill.

There isn't any way to have sex with a sentient burlap sack of wasps that isn't horrifying.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Neo Rasa posted:

I'm really enjoying the extra level of :wtc: here of getting to that point, getting it out, thinking "huh this is probably gunpowder directly in front of me" and then immediately attempting to light it to see.

You need more context with those and similar accidents (like plutonium RTG powered light houses and generators the soviet union used all over remote parts of Siberia and then forgot about after the government collapsed). These things were found by people rummaging around for scrap metal. To them it looked like a great find of likely very expensive and thus very valuable scrap metal. Of course they'd take a screwdriver and more to it to try and see if there was really good stuff like copper in there. I doubt they walk around all day wonder "durr what if I put this in my mouth??" to every new thing they see, but they absolutely do walk around thinking "can I take thing apart and sell it so I can feed my family??"

edit: Also a little spoonful of gunpowder isn't going to blow your leg off. People that reload ammo (like folks in poor countries) are familiar with it and can eyeball lighting just enough to see that it's still active and good.

mod sassinator fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Oct 22, 2019

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

"Trump's lawyers contend the D.A. isn't entitled to the returns and that a sitting president is not "subject to the criminal process" while in office. In a ruling earlier this month, a Manhattan federal court judge found that argument "repugnant to the nation’s governmental structure and constitutional values.""

If SCOTUS doesn't punt this back to "repugnant to the nation’s governmental structure and constitutional values.", Roberts and SCOTUS might have to reevaluate NIxon vs. US. fully again. Not sure Roberts or the whole of SCOTUS is willing to do so. That the The Manhattan district attorney has quickly come to that agreement may say something.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Typical obstructionist dems!!! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I haven’t looked to deep into this Pierre Delecto thing yet, but at the moment I think I gotta hand it to Romney. What kind of gormless rube posts under his real name?