Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

cnut posted:

:siren: The Animal Protection Party has 7 votes :siren:

e: 18!

Who is going to argue against the Animal Protection Party? Who doesn't want to protect animals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Count Roland posted:

Maybe it's for the best the bar I'm at doesn't have the sound on.

They just turned it on here and I'm already regretting it.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
No one even won trump's endorsement. gonna have to be a lot more racist next time.

cnut
May 3, 2016

Gatts posted:

Who is going to argue against the Animal Protection Party? Who doesn't want to protect animals?

:hmmyes:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Reality Sinner posted:

No one even won trump's endorsement. gonna have to be a lot more racist next time.

He considered Bernier but could not stand the thought of endorsing a cheese-eating surrender monkey.

LunarCress
Feb 7, 2015

Uncle Wemus posted:

Wasnt trudeau supposed to do some electoral reform when he won last time

Don't you know? Non first past the post systems are just too confusing for voter's poor widdle brains.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Too busy trying to join the middle class to understand percentage points

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

LunarCress posted:

Don't you know? Non first past the post systems are just too confusing for voter's poor widdle brains.

On top of that, good luck trying to get enough of the government to agree to a single new system. It would take more than the Liberals, even with a majority.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

PT6A posted:

He considered Bernier but could not stand the thought of endorsing a cheese-eating surrender monkey.

You know that joke is old enough to drive?

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

TOMMY PROVOLONE posted:

Voted for NDP in my area, though I don't have much hope considering this is where I live https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5dhhT4YWn8&t=2s

Holy poo poo my hometown, Newmarket is full of old people, rich people, and rich people kids. Don't hold much hope for the NDP

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

infernal machines posted:

Yes, what's your point?

I don't think the French are cowards, nor do I think the Bernier is French in that sense (which depends on nationality rather than language), I'm just pretty sure that was Trump's thought process, not least because he's stuck several decades behind the present anyway.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Excelzior posted:

horny really needs to be prohibited here also

sorry brian gallant and his accent just came on screen on radio-can and I gotta join the pro-horny camp

Svaha
Oct 4, 2005

LunarCress posted:

Just voted NDP, and somehow managed the feat of getting my staunchly Liberal "Did you know when the NDP took office in Ontario, they bankrupted the whole province" mother to also go orange.
My mum, who has been a staunch dipper forever, went Liberal for this one to keep the conservatives out.

Guess I should have done a better job of convincing her to follow her heart rather than her fear. :(

Svaha fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Oct 22, 2019

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
gently caress Bernier why are they interviewing the poo poo getting .7% of the vote?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

PT6A posted:

Yes, what's your point?

We're old, man

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

A Typical Goon posted:

gently caress Bernier why are they interviewing the poo poo getting .7% of the vote?

Gotta fill the air time with something while nothing else is going on.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

A Typical Goon posted:

Everyone loves a heel

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Also first whiff of green showing up in Fredericton!

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo Fredricton.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

A Typical Goon posted:

Marketplace of ideas.

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

Svaha posted:

My mum, who has been a staunch dipper forever, went Liberal for this one to keep the conservatives out.

Guess I should have done a better job of convincing her to follow her heart rather than her fear. :(

should have told her that 2015 was the last election under fptp

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Yeah all the ridings in NB that went blue are basically backwoods with a small town anchoring it. It's the cities that will be interesting.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
I'll call tonight a win if Bernier loses his seat - regardless of whatever else happens

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

infernal machines posted:

In fairness it's a joke about Trump who is old enough that he shouldn't be driving so it balances out.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Twerkdad posted:

Holy poo poo my hometown, Newmarket is full of old people, rich people, and rich people kids. Don't hold much hope for the NDP

I lived in Newmarket for a while for a job, renting a room from a family there. They were nice people but all the kids were extremely spoiled, entitled, and hated the poor and minorities. Everyone I met there seemed to fit that pattern.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

ColdBlooded posted:

I'll call tonight a win if Bernier loses his seat - regardless of whatever else happens

hahaha

fat chance, beaucerons are PROUD of being lovely

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Interesting all the CON ridings so far border the US.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ColdBlooded posted:

my burning desire is for ppc bernier to lose by an amount of votes smaller than the amount of votes won by rhino bernier

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

or the ocean

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

Only 2/5 do?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Is the Bloc's policy "gently caress the rest of Canada give Quebec stuff"?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Oh gently caress the Bloc is back. Everyone panic :quebec:

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
hmm should we be worried that the Conservatives are doing much better in Atlantic Canada than they did last election? My tracker has them at 30% of the popular vote, whereas they only cracked 25% in NB last time and under 20% in the others..

Or is this a situation where I should just close out the election stuff and look at the end of the night lol

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Excelzior posted:

fat chance, beaucerons are PROUD of being lovely

They've hardly got a monopoly on that

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Madkal posted:

Is the Bloc's policy "gently caress the rest of Canada give Quebec stuff"?

Yes*

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

Okay, now look at the total number of ridings that border the US.

What do you notice?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

Oh gently caress the Bloc is back. Everyone panic :quebec:

Oops, they're gone again. False alarm.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Whoa. CBC just flipped a seat to the Greens.

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
Is there a live-blog better than the one on the CBC? I'm used to the kind of constant cycle of masturbation and hyperventilation that I get on the BBC and Guardian for the British and American elections, and I dont want to hear people's stupid loving opinions, just read them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Starsfan posted:

hmm should we be worried that the Conservatives are doing much better in Atlantic Canada than they did last election? My tracker has them at 30% of the popular vote, whereas they only cracked 25% in NB last time and under 20% in the others..

Or is this a situation where I should just close out the election stuff and look at the end of the night lol

If it makes you feel better most CPC accounts I'm looking at are panicking