Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Simiain posted:

Is there a live-blog better than the one on the CBC? I'm used to the kind of constant cycle of masturbation and hyperventilation that I get on the BBC and Guardian for the British and American elections, and I dont want to hear people's stupid loving opinions, just read them.

Just don’t use the video; they’re live blogging beneath it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Madkal posted:

Is the Bloc's policy "gently caress the rest of Canada give Quebec stuff"?

Mostly, but with any luck Alberta will have an equivalent by the next election, to balance things out.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
I would like to reitterate to the thread, New Brunswick is the probably the most Conservative of the Maritime Provinces and the ridings that are being called for the Tories don't have a lot of people in them. It would be the equivalent of the districts around Chicago being mostly red.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

wow cool a rap about voting

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Simiain posted:

Is there a live-blog better than the one on the CBC? I'm used to the kind of constant cycle of masturbation and hyperventilation that I get on the BBC and Guardian for the British and American elections, and I dont want to hear people's stupid loving opinions, just read them.

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/elections/federal/2019/results/

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

MasterSitsu posted:

If it makes you feel better most CPC accounts I'm looking at are panicking

They'll change their tune once suburban Ontario starts check in. From there it's Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta, so they'll be downright jubilant by 10pm

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

MasterSitsu posted:

If it makes you feel better most CPC accounts I'm looking at are panicking

yeah if the cons were going to win the most seats its not looking good if they only won back 5 in the maritimes

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

gently caress 30 minutes to go

urge to arzy...rising...

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Greens doing better than the ndp so far

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Stretch Marx posted:

Whoa. CBC just flipped a seat to the Greens.

false alarm, libs surged back to a 2k lead

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Stretch Marx posted:

I would like to reitterate to the thread, New Brunswick is the probably the most Conservative of the Maritime Provinces and the ridings that are being called for the Tories don't have a lot of people in them. It would be the equivalent of the districts around Chicago being mostly red.

This does not make them any better in my eyes

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Drunk Canuck posted:

This does not make them any better in my eyes

lmao gently caress buddy I live with them.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

Starsfan posted:

hmm should we be worried that the Conservatives are doing much better in Atlantic Canada than they did last election? My tracker has them at 30% of the popular vote, whereas they only cracked 25% in NB last time and under 20% in the others..

Or is this a situation where I should just close out the election stuff and look at the end of the night lol

Not really - a few of the New Brunswick ridings are typically strong Conservative seats, so them flipping back is hardly surprising. Overall, it's a pretty decent result for the Liberals thus far if all the seats hold as they stand.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Another fun fact about NB you're seeing: with the exception of Fredricton, Moncton, and Saint John, you can tell where the French/English divide mostly is.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
well most of the news analysis seems to be that the results from Atlantic Canada make it very unlikely for either the Liberals or the PC's to get a majority, which I am perfectly fine with.

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

ColdBlooded posted:

Not really - a few of the New Brunswick ridings are typically strong Conservative seats, so them flipping back is hardly surprising. Overall, it's a pretty decent result for the Liberals thus far if all the seats hold as they stand.

...and the bloc is back! (leading by 2 votes in Gaspésie)

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Excelzior posted:

gently caress 30 minutes to go

urge to arzy...rising...

No riding-level polls and no beer make PT6A... something something...

Development
Jun 2, 2016

lol bob rae

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

PT6A posted:

Alcohol is the shame of a nation, but three martinis in I'm feeling a lot more prepared to deal with this uncertainty.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
gently caress off bob

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

PT6A posted:

bad poster?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
1/3rd of the way through Fredericton and Green holds a sizeable lead wtf

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Elizabeth May live from St. Patrick's Day parade.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

dont mind if i do!

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

vyelkin posted:

my burning desire is for ppc bernier to lose by an amount of votes smaller than the amount of votes won by rhino bernier

Toxx on it you coward.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

bowser posted:

I lived in Newmarket for a while for a job, renting a room from a family there. They were nice people but all the kids were extremely spoiled, entitled, and hated the poor and minorities. Everyone I met there seemed to fit that pattern.

My family still talks about the subdivision behind the Canadian Tire/Walmart/Upper Canada Mall like the spot covered in shadow in The Lion King (because of all the Asians). Shits wack

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Is this the st patrick's day party

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Just tuning in.

The consensus right now is this is toss up between libs and cons eh?

e: F A R T

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Don't mind if I do!

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

so when do all the votes for the NDP start coming in?

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Sage Grimm posted:

1/3rd of the way through Fredericton and Green holds a sizeable lead wtf

The Provincial Greens took that riding as well.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Duceppe just hit the city of Victoria with a scorching diatribe on Radio-Can. He’s real angry they don’t have a water treatment plant.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

gently caress buds. Turns out we're all in the same riding!

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Oxyclean posted:

dont mind if i do!

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

mediaphage posted:

They've hardly got a monopoly on that

Oh man, I literally drive by that corner to and from work every day. Haven't yet seen any pedestrians myself cloaked in confederate flag finery, but I've seen more than a few pick-up trucks with something similar on them, plus various other conservative-type bumper stickers.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Is NB still the province with the highest average age because everyone young fucks off the second they can?

e: Nope Newfoundland/Labrador took over this year with an average age of 47.1(!!!)

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Oct 22, 2019

Chicken
Apr 23, 2014

Pinterest Mom posted:

Duceppe just hit the city of Victoria with a scorching diatribe on Radio-Can. He’s real angry they don’t have a water treatment plant.

We're building one Duceppe! Come on!

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

If a pedestrian is festooned in Confederate flag apparel, it should be legal to hit them with your car imho. Just a nudge though, don’t kill them, just enough to freak them out.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

ok so despite the results for the liberals being worse than they were in 2015, they are significantly better than the 2011 election when the PC's last got a narrow majority. In 2011 the PC's were 35-40% in Atlantic Canada, now they are rolling at around 29%.

so not the disaster for the Liberals it looks like at first glance. Seems like they have maintained a large advantage in Atlantic Canada that was historically a toss up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)