Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Bilirubin posted:

Yeah I live in Calgary and as bad as it can be I've never heard about "western separation" except as the punchline of a joke

it gets brought up from time to time by diehards as a genuine thing, but it's such an obviously toothless concept that it never lasts long in the mainstream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

feast your eyes on this photograph series from the guardian

the scheer campaign shots are loving beautiful, the ultimate encapsulation of human misery and despair

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

no, the wexit thing is definitely a joke

No, there are definitely a lot of (dumb) people who unironically believe in it and who constantly post facebook memes about being exploited for transfer payments to have-not provinces.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i like looking at little ridings and seeing 10 votes for the hoxhaist party. bet they're all roommates

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
Just wanted to swing in to say eat poo poo Max

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
If you're over 40 get the gently caress out of politics

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
wowsers nice 3 way action

I too enjoy voting for anti abortion folk singers with no political experience like my dipshit coworker.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

this is doug ford's riding

lol

renata is rob's widow

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
We did it canada. Another democratic election. mission accomplished.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Reality Sinner posted:

We did it canada. Another democratic election. mission accomplished.

i'm gonna be honest: after the last several years of elections from other major countries worldwide i'm a-okay with a dull, utterly predictable outcome

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
oh boy, we’re at the point in the evening where Chantel Herbert verbally fellates Jean Chrétien over and over. Greeeeeeeeat.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
At least the PPC got thoroughly owned so that is a victory in itself.

although if it had split the CPC vote..

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

BGrifter posted:

oh boy, we’re at the point in the evening where Chantel Herbert verbally fellates Jean Chrétien over and over. Greeeeeeeeat.

our greatest prime minister

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Pepper spray, I put it on my plate.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

gently caress Lisa Raitt

Go Wilson-Reiboldt

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

remember when chretien's barely breathing corpse got dragged into the sponsorship scandal committee meeting and he spent like an hour showing off his golf ball collection

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

priznat posted:

At least the PPC got thoroughly owned so that is a victory in itself.

although if it had split the CPC vote..

I wouldn't count out any right-wing party these days. While their growth would dent the Cons base, we're one serious economic collapse away from them grasping power I predict.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Am pretty chuffed that my old rock climbing area of Rattlesnake Point got shouts

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Vermain posted:

i'm gonna be honest: after the last several years of elections from other major countries worldwide i'm a-okay with a dull, utterly predictable outcome

since ur pm is just lovely Obama this is your version of 2012, a seemingly comfortable victory that gets used to paper over a bunch of massive warning signs from the province/local level then you get pm Rob Ford, aka lovely trump

or maybe you get lib ndp coalition that drags your gov left enough that the prophecy gets broken idk

Agean90 has issued a correction as of 05:01 on Oct 22, 2019

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

DariusLikewise posted:

sounds like Bernier is going to keep this farce going

He should quit the PPC and form a new party.

e. o snap, thread moved fast this isn't funny anymore

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I love jean chretien not gonna lie

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Canada is too racist to ever vote for a non-white guy

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Terror Sweat posted:

Canada is too racist to ever vote for a non-white guy

we voted in justin trudeau? hello??

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Agean90 posted:

since it pm is just lovely Obama this is your version of 2012, a seemingly comfortable victory that gets used to paper over a bunch of massive warning signs from the province/local level then you get pm Rob Ford, aka lovely trump

or maybe you get lib ndp coalition that drags your gov left enough that the prophecy gets broken idk

i perhaps have more faith than most that having president donald trump directly to the south has made the country more wary of bombastic smooth talkers but who knows

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Vermain posted:

i perhaps have more faith than most that having president donald trump directly to the south has made the country more wary of bombastic smooth talkers but who knows

Maybe 1/3 of the population is taking that hint. Another third likes it and wants more, and the only thing keeping us from going full thunderdome is the remaining 'absence of violence' negative peace third siding with the status quo, which for today at least, is not the fash.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Vermain posted:

Doug Ford was elected premier of ontario in 2018.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

gently caress yes. Time to go to bed.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

ryan dike lmal

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Agean90 posted:

since ur pm is just lovely Obama this is your version of 2012, a seemingly comfortable victory that gets used to paper over a bunch of massive warning signs from the province/local level then you get pm Rob Ford, aka lovely trump

Next election more than likely will flip Lib Majority. All Trudeau has to do is use the NDP as king makers and blame them for Bad Things. Goes 1 of 2 ways:

Government Run Good: Give us a majority, we will make government run more good. Opposition full of poo poo, behold stats. Ignore wailing NDP.

Government Run Bad: Can you believe the NDP forced all these Bad Things in legislation that made government run bad? We will fix the broken system. Ignore wailing PC/NDP.

It's a fairly easy campaign to run and win either way, and there's no way in hell electoral reform is getting done to jeopardize any of that lol.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
I just checked the results and was like "wow why did the NDP get owned so hard in Quebec" and then remembered about racism

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Rocky Dong with a flaccid 2% of the vote in Burnaby

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
Peter Mansbridge looks so old lol

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I just checked the results and was like "wow why did the NDP get owned so hard in Quebec" and then remembered about racism

I voted NDP but I gotta say their campaign was anemic until the second debate, it seems they spent a lot more time just trying to have Singh just be accepted as a candidate nationwide, and their ground game in Quebec completely sucked. So Quebecers rallied around their usual protest vote party, the Bloc.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Bilirubin posted:

Go Wilson-Reiboldt
:toot:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Also Wilson-Raybould

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

what happened to philpott

crispyseaweed
Sep 21, 2008

half cocaine posted:

what happened to philpott

Came in third behind libs and cons, didn't stand a chance.

the liberals even ran a former MPP just to be sure

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

wouldn't it be wild if jwr could bring down Trudeau in a non confidence vote

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
a lot of people already complaining that the liberals needing NDP and bloc votes to ensure a pipline means that trans mountain is dead. 2 flaws

1) the pipeline is approved already and does require anymore HOC action

2) the conservatives can vote yes along side the libs

in conclusion I hate this loving country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

lol the "TAX THE RICH" chants