Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiggy
Apr 26, 2008

Not a cop
I was not prepared for telling the Working Class Woman her husband had died. (day 3/4ish sidequest spoilers)

When she jokingly asked if I had found her lost cockatoo, I remembered that she was the one I harassed about finding her kids and husband a few days prior. My heart sunk in my chest and I had to take a break for a minute to let it sink in.

Maybe there is hope for my lovely cop after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

beat it, wish that was just the first third of this game

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

also kind of dissapointed there was no big bossfight so to speak, i figured that after the big action showdown at the hostel, that confronting the guy on the island wouldve been like a big conversation showdown

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

going in for my first playthrough, spoiler-free

I imagine this will be a wreck

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

oh jeez yeah you're not going to have a good time

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

pmchem posted:

going in for my first playthrough, spoiler-free

I imagine this will be a wreck

aaaand try #1 is in the books

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Lol I've haven't seen the game over screen yet. I love the implication of that a number of other heart attacks have already occurred.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Is there any way to pan the camera view around without moving your character? I figured out zoom on mousewheel.

No keyboard bindings for anything (other than ESC) in the main walking-around mode?

hmm, numpad -/+ will zoom further than mousewheel will, how odd.

Anyway, try #2. I am out of my room.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I took a bunch of speed and made Kim stay up until midnight doing an autopsy while I furiously took notes.

It wasn't the nicest thing to do, but I took some loving excellent notes.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Parallelwoody posted:

Lol I've haven't seen the game over screen yet. I love the implication of that a number of other heart attacks have already occurred.

I saw the Game Over screen about 4 times in the first five minutes of the game. I made a character with 1 Phys and kept turning on the light and having a heart attack in the very first room. I thought it was gonna be the Dark Souls of adventure games until I made it out of the room and figured out how the game worked.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

I cannot believe this game dropped a Deadly Premonition reference, of all the things on the world. Or that I missed it the first time around.

I'm replaying with high shivers and inland empire, and it is an experience alright. I can't solve anything but my intuition just seems to push me right along anyway. It's fantastic.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
I get down.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
I grind.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Just finished it at 23 hours with an INT character, having all points invested in logic, visual calculus, conceptualization.

I got Cuno into the Junior cop program. It was really cool to play the last act with him in the party.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
It looks like there's a gamebreaking bug if ENDING SPOILERS you run into the Phasmid on the island, and have Cuno, but can't make the electrochemistry check - there's no way to end the conversation, it's all a dead end, you're stuck there forever unless you can pass it, but if your electrochem sucks it's almost impossible to pass.

Anyone got a reliable trainer or method to edit stats? Editing the save file seems to break poo poo.

Wolpertinger fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Oct 22, 2019

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

TotalLossBrain posted:

Just finished it at 23 hours with an INT character, having all points invested in logic, visual calculus, conceptualization.

I got Cuno into the Junior cop program. It was really cool to play the last act with him in the party.

but that means... :ohdear:

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

TotalLossBrain posted:

Did you have an issue with when the phasmid shows up with cuno around, needing 20 electrochem? Or did you have enough electrochem to pass - having that exact situation, high int, cuno with you, no electrochem seems to make you unable to progress

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Wolpertinger posted:

Did you have an issue with when the phasmid shows up with cuno around, needing 20 electrochem? Or did you have enough electrochem to pass - having that exact situation, high int, cuno with you, no electrochem seems to make you unable to progress

I am pretty sure that check showed up with a 12 EC and I had an 87% chance or something like that.

Synthbuttrange posted:

but that means... :ohdear:

I am told Kim will be fine

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

TotalLossBrain posted:

I am pretty sure that check showed up with a 12 EC and I had an 87% chance or something like that.

I am told Kim will be fine

Weird, it shows as 20 for me - and if you savescum it enough to get a double six it still fails, inexplicably, so it's ACTUALLY impossible.

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

Wolpertinger posted:

Weird, it shows as 20 for me - and if you savescum it enough to get a double six it still fails, inexplicably, so it's ACTUALLY impossible.

Did you meet the Cryptozoologists and do all the tasks with them? Because when I first got to the island, I hadn't and the skill check was impossible even when I raised my skill enough to get the check up to 58%.
I reloaded an older save, did the whole questline, and that made the skill check possible.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Was it someone here doing the Thought Cabinet Google spreadsheet?

Someone on the Steam forums found out how to get The Bow Collector:
It's the same way you get White Mourning, but you also need Conceptualization 6. Pick the "Wasn't there something about a bow collector" option while passed out. Research time is like 6 hours.

Wolpertinger posted:

Did you let the Cryptozoologists spray you with Pheremones?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Did you let the Cryptozoologists spray you with Pheremones?

I did that in my playthrough. Maybe that's why it worked?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Agent355 posted:

Early game sorta spoilers I guess.

I'm finding myself working with evrart as doing poo poo for him seems to directly advance my goals but it feels skeezy as all hell. It also feels like I don't have many options besides this but that seems weird. This doesn't seem like the sort of thing th game would force you to do but I can't seem to see any alternatives. I'm just going to roll with it for this playthrough but I'm missing something right?

Mr. Evrart is helping me find my gun.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

TotalLossBrain posted:

I did that in my playthrough. Maybe that's why it worked?

It helps, it explicitly said that's a +3 to the check (I think).

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
How many ways are there to get the body down? I've only discovered two options so far Talk to the harbor guys, or be lucky about shooting it

Also do you need to get the body down to perform an autopsy?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

It helps, it explicitly said that's a +3 to the check (I think).

I got a +3 for something else. Regardless, I was off - the check is lower than I remembered.

Edit: Wait, is the check we're talking about further along in the encounter? I think it might be.

TotalLossBrain fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Oct 22, 2019

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

TotalLossBrain posted:

I got a +3 for something else. Regardless, I was off - the check is lower than I remembered.

Edit: Wait, is the check we're talking about further along in the encounter? I think it might be.

No, the number you need to roll is lowered if you did the tasks associated with it earlier, plus you get one additional line of dialogue before the roll.
I'm pretty certain it's actually impossible if you don't do the task even with a bunch of points put in the skill.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

so, I am playing it again as a physical hard-boiled rockstar I AM THE LAW and now some of the early mists of dialogue are jesus christ ridiculously GREAT

Check the hanged man with "I hate you" option from using Inland Empire, Encyclopedia gives the definition of harlequinism, which gives you the option to answer "a baby affected [with the disease]". If you have been paying attention, Dora (as Dolores Dei), Harry's ex, tells she aborted her children. Harlequinism was pretty much fatal until very recently in terms of medicine for us, so there might not be a cure in Elysium yet. Which promptly led me to "oh, god no" :smith:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

regulargonzalez posted:

https://anonymousfiles.io/XYmrXH4p/

Two files in a .zip. One of the zipped files is itself a zip but don't unzip that one, just extract both the blahblah.ntwtf.zip and the blahblah.png to the Disco Elysium Savegames folder, which should be in Users/yourname/AppData/LocalLow/ZAUM Studio/Disco Elysium/SaveGames
Thanks.

How exactly do I start tracking the shooter's position?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Okay, I think I might be stuck here. It's afternoon on day 2 and I'm playing a 5322 detective who's mostly playing by the book. My current main task seems to be to get Titus to give up Ruby's location by passing a Logic 18 check. I had a +3 bonus and 6 Logic but failed it, and now I'm not sure how to proceed. The journal suggests trying the following:
  • Thoroughly interrogating Klaasje. I've exhausted her dialogue tree and failed the Drama and Volition checks to get anything further out of her.
  • Fully exploring the Whirling-in-Rags. I've found two locked doors that I can't seem to do anything with, unless I somehow manage to pass a Physical Instrument check that I can only pass on a roll of 12.
  • Reconstruct the crime scene. I did this with Visual Calculus and found that the shot might have come from further away, but I can't currently get to any of the locations that the journal suggests checking.
  • There's also a window behind Titus with a Perception check on it that I keep failing, despite somehow gaining more and more +1s on it as time passes. I don't know if it's related.
Is there anything further I can do here, or do I just need to bum around for XP until I can use a skill point to reopen one of the white checks?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Is there anything further I can do here, or do I just need to bum around for XP until I can use a skill point to reopen one of the white checks?
1. How did you reconstruct the crime scene (where was the prompt)?

2. Yeah, pretty much any white check you can unlock will unravel the others. I would try for the perception check, it helps with the rest.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Someone in the apartment building might be able to help you. Doing other tasks in general will get you more xp and skill points.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Xander77 posted:

1. How did you reconstruct the crime scene (where was the prompt)?
In Klaasje's room. I've also analyzed the initial hanging. Are there others?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I have an incredibly annoying savegame bug that nearly stopped me from repursuing the endgame sequence. Basically, a series of my saves will just stop working - loading them will just load the game on a fugue state where your character loses all his clothing and the GUI disappears, nothing works. The first instance of this was when I did a save at (ENDGAME SPOILERS) the appearance of the phasmid after talking to the Deserter, where every single save post-tribunal stopped working.

Restarted from the Point of No Return, went through the whole thing again and finally watched the ending. I started a new game, saved a few times, and now when I want to load them.... all of them don't work. I've submitted the bug report and spoke to the social manager in the discord but they seem to have never heard of this bug before. Anyone has the same issue?

this is what my screen looks like:

Robhol
Oct 9, 2012
I had the same save bug a few days ago, and also submitted a bug report. It didn't persist after starting a new game for me though; it was strictly restricted to saves made post-tribunal.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

13 hours in, just about to end day 2. Game just keeps getting more and more mesmerizing. I am so sucked into this story that’s it’s consuming me. Haven’t felt this “into” a game since Witcher 3.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

In Klaasje's room. I've also analyzed the initial hanging. Are there others?

There's a perception check you are likely missing. I won't spoil it but it's how you get into the locked doors. I know I missed it for ages.

It's in the whirling in rags somewhere.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

You can make enough cash the first day to pay your room without Kim's help. I passed the check to run out on my tab which lowered the price to 100. Later you can hit Joyce up for 100 and be well on your way to paying for the second night with bottles and poo poo.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Also I'm feeling that sucked in emotion too. Restarted from the end of day one with a bit more balanced stats I'm liking this playthrough better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

I can't stop thinking about this game after beating it. I did 4/4/2/2 on my first playthrough. I'm definitely thinking I'm gonna do a meathead punchcop this time around.