Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Failed Imagineer posted:

But then you have the episodes with Irish racism, and the one where lizard Janeway gets impregnated by lizard Tom (IIRC?)
Remarkable crocodile found in Ireland.

e: Trad. Cat. tax.

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Oct 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Aphex- posted:

Yeah there's really no reason not to vote it down if you're a lab MP. Vote it down and we get an election, done.

Unless you're a hard 'no deal' MP, there's no reason for anyone not to vote it down. This is nothing more than no deal with a 14 month delay. It's shockingly, incredibly bad.

It's the least deal that can be called a deal that anyone could stand up and lie about.

It's so bad it's actually questionable if the EU will agree to it because of the lack of protection for EU citizens in the UK after it passes.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Pesmerga posted:

Today is going to be make or break for the Labour Party. I see this going through, on Labour support, and then no election for the foreseeable future.

It's going to come down to the shits of the PLP deciding between a chance to get rid of Corbyn (they think anyway) and loving the party.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Pesmerga posted:

Today is going to be make or break for the Labour Party. I see this going through, on Labour support, and then no election for the foreseeable future.
Might go through on rebel support, and the worst part is there's no way to stop it if they're leaving the party anyway after Brexit for some sinecure with a Tory think tank or whatever; no way of holding them personally accountable.

I very much hope this doesn't happen.

mediadave
Sep 8, 2011

Pesmerga posted:

No, if it goes through we'll have an election soon, before any of the bad effects of Brexit happen, and Johnson will be coasting as the guy that got Brexit 'done'.

It'll be a very hard election.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

mediadave posted:

No, if it goes through we'll have an election soon, before any of the bad effects of Brexit happen, and Johnson will be coasting as the guy that got Brexit 'done'.

It'll be a very hard election.
We'll still be sending money to the EU and settling the 'divorce bill', and there'll still be foreign people and Muslims, so BXP might take a few off the Tories running on treason deal traitor surrender.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

Remarkable crocodile found in Ireland.

e: Trad. Cat. tax.

Not sure if Arlene Foster is a canonical part of the Trek universe

https://twitter.com/rodneyedwards/status/1027836674053746688?s=19

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Anyway I hope ye all know that the EU's timeline has hardened significantly due to external factors

https://twitter.com/PinkNews/status/1186607068620427264?s=19

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Anyway I hope ye all know that the EU's timeline has hardened significantly due to external factors

https://twitter.com/PinkNews/status/1186607068620427264?s=19

Why is his sexual orientation in the headline.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

CyberPingu posted:

Why is his sexual orientation in the headline.

It's pretty ridiculous alright but I'm assuming since the source is "Pink News" that it's not really meant as a pejorative

E,: he is the leader of the gays

E2: An Taois-aerach

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

Failed Imagineer posted:

^^^^ykno I love Holst but never made that connection so I'll have to revisit and assess

Its hard to find modern orchestral Sci-fi that doesnt rip off Holst in some way or another... Its pretty incredible how influential that suite is.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Saros posted:

Aahaha holy poo poo you were't kidding what the actual gently caress.

The judge probably dozed off and just went with CBS for having the most lawyers.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

FiftySeven posted:

Its hard to find modern orchestral Sci-fi that doesnt rip off Holst in some way or another... Its pretty incredible how influential that suite is.

John Williams' whole career in one suite.

Also Mars is in 5/4 and has a breakdown, so I will drunkenly defend Holst as the godfather of progressive hardcore

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Just dropping in to say I liked Enterprise and will not be taking questions, OK bye

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Why do people see the deal going through today? It sounded like everyone was going to town with amendments that were going to make it unable to pass.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Olpainless posted:

Plants in general tend to be horribly poisonous a lot of the time as well - making sure that anything that tries to eat you dies horribly is a great defence mechanism when you can't move at all. What's unusual is that fungi tend to have some very interesting mechanisms of action when it comes to being poisonous as because they're a different kingdom of life, they have some very different biochemistry. (For instance, the amatoxins destroy the ability of RNA polymerase to work - EXCEPT for fungal an bacterial RNA polymerase.)

Nothing beats paxillus involutus for sheer horror though - it can suddenly make you allergic to your own blood.

ehhh maybe. but mushrooms do have access to compounds that makes mammals acutely ill or taste awful, so i think there'd be less direct evolutionary benefit to "killing you in two weeks by liver failure and leaving you(r survivors) without any clear means to figuring what caused it" or "causing oversentisation with repeated ingestion". I'm sure these toxins are meant to gently caress predators sure, but I'd be inclined to believe insects or slugs ore such are the intended victims and might react differently

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Brony Car posted:

Why do people see the deal going through today? It sounded like everyone was going to town with amendments that were going to make it unable to pass.

Only takes a couple

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
During Ian Blackford's speech about Scotland remainers being silenced, Rory Stewart gave an intervention, the entirety of which I have typed below.

"Mr. Speaker, what about London?"

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
"Get Brexit Done' is this year's 'Take Back Control', and about as realistic.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/Conservatives/status/1186650398037331968?s=19

The Tories looking to gain public support by using the universally loved font, comic sans. Nothing screams official like comic sans

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

he didn't though? i don't recall that he did

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

he didn't though? i don't recall that he did

He didn't, she admitted she didn't watch the movie.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Brony Car posted:

Because the arithmetic as it stands is extremely tight, and it'll only take a few Labour rebels to get it through - and the noises quite a few Labour MPs in Leave-voting constituencies have been making mean that they're likely going to vote for it.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Deketh posted:

I read that Inverness gets near the top of those happiest places to live polls, no idea if those are really worth anything. Regardless though it'd be the sensible choice for me if I went through with the move.
Thanks for the input people

It's also the STD capital of Scotland.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
#GetBrexitDone[1][2]

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Cassava/manioc/yuca is an amazing plant that has sustained civilisations for thousands of years. The cyanide thing is always trotted out as cassava = bad but it's actually very very good in a tropical environment. Keeps other things (not people) from eating your crop while it's safely stored underground. In fact, the most poisonous ("bitter") varieties were selected for first in its history of domestication, "sweet" non-poisonous varieties emerged much, much later.

AMA nerds

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Aramoro posted:

It's also the STD capital of Scotland.

Nothing else to do up there.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Except watch Star Trek: Discovery?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Except watch Star Trek: Discovery?

Star Trek : Discovery was good.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Any idea when the votes are?

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Git-R-Dun.

Can't believe that's become the new phrase to use about Brexit now.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

Szmitten posted:

Any idea when the votes are?

7pm

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

The Tories looking to gain public support by using the universally loved font, comic sans. Nothing screams official like comic sans

I am guessing that they have been told to save money in preparation for the Brexit poo poo show.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Here's a post from one of my facebook mushroom groups

quote:

Hello mushroom experts!

Now that the season for it is nearing its end, I would like to query your confidence in your fellow human's fungal competence!

If served mushroom soup, e.g made from foraged mixed mushrooms, by a recent acquaintance (first visit to the in-laws, ambitious lady invites you after the first crochet lesson etc.), do you down it without hesitation? Or, would you first seek to discretely interrogate said person's competence? Perhaps you'd happen to be full right then?

At the restaurant, would it need to be an upscale establishment for you to order the mushroom omelet? :)

a very good question imo. lemme tell you though things get hot there at times

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

https://twitter.com/Gilofthepeople/status/1186641509451481088

Apparently its deliberate?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Aramoro posted:

Star Trek : Discovery was good.
Star Trek nerds ripping on Discovery will never not be funny given their blindspot on how the vast majority of that franchise is so tedious thats its not worth wasting time on.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

Another one of Cummies excellent plans “be shite on purpose, no such thing as bad publicity!”

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Failed Imagineer posted:

John Williams' whole career in one suite.

hey now that's kinda unfair

he also ripped off Dvorak's New World Symphony

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
https://twitter.com/rowenamason/status/1186654880943005700?s=20

Wtf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plank Sanction
Nov 3, 2016

Who invented the skip?

Gorn Myson posted:

Star Trek nerds ripping on Discovery will never not be funny given their blindspot on how the vast majority of that franchise is so tedious thats its not worth wasting time on.

Quite often the same ones that make Youtube videos ripping on Doctor Who and Star Wars for the same reasons*.

*you know the ones.