Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

njsykora posted:

I'm not usually one for that kind of stuff but so many people who've been ride or die for the 2k WWE games turning on it for this one has me immediately thinking bullshit about anyone speaking positively about it.

I dunno, I think about Blizzard and Disney fans I have known who will swallow whatever steaming load of poo poo those companies put out and ask for seconds just because they’re so married to the brand that dudes being obsessed with WWE games and unable to see or recognize their flaws don’t seem out of place at all. They’re still regurgitating propaganda because WWE knows to cater to people in social media/YouTube who have that mindset but I doubt WWE has to pay them to do it. There are plenty of people who would slober their knob in public even if they didn’t get a free game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I just assume anyone who still likes WWE or the games just has very undescerning taste. And that's totally fine, god knows I like some pure poo poo. However, they probably shouldn't be a professional critic.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
This has definitely been the most virulent reaction to a WWE2k game there’s been since I got back into following wrestling in 2013 or so.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
2k15 was pretty negatively received too. It was the first one for the current gen systems and it was really stripped down.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

I dunno, I think about Blizzard and Disney fans I have known who will swallow whatever steaming load of poo poo those companies put out and ask for seconds just because they’re so married to the brand that dudes being obsessed with WWE games and unable to see or recognize their flaws don’t seem out of place at all. They’re still regurgitating propaganda because WWE knows to cater to people in social media/YouTube who have that mindset but I doubt WWE has to pay them to do it. There are plenty of people who would slober their knob in public even if they didn’t get a free game

At least with Blizzard and Disney they have laurels to rest on that inspired that loyalty, the 2K wrestling games are kinda terrible in general.

I like the commercials for the new one, though.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

2k15 was pretty negatively received too. It was the first one for the current gen systems and it was really stripped down.

This is Assassins Creed Unity levels of disaster

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Lid posted:

At least Unity looked pretty when it wasn't spawning in blast processed hell monsters. Everything I've seen of 2k20 looks like a badly made 360 game.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
the whole 2k series was atrocious. like even going back to 2k13. the saving grace for them were like the custom options which are now buried under a mountain of 2k coin requirements. I don't know many people who liked them for the games I think goons went crazy with custom story lines and that was the big draw

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think they should lean into the wacky physics and story telling stuff. Just let weird kids have weird wrestling matches.

Also you can't throw people into the lava. Why?

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

coconono posted:

I think they should lean into the wacky physics and story telling stuff. Just let weird kids have weird wrestling matches.

Also you can't throw people into the lava. Why?

This is basically what Here Comes the Pain was and I agree they should just pull the trigger and do that. I want to give people Canadian destroyers off the Hell in a Cell and motorcycle-chokeslam people.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Blast Fantasto posted:

This is basically what Here Comes the Pain was and I agree they should just pull the trigger and do that. I want to give people Canadian destroyers off the Hell in a Cell and motorcycle-chokeslam people.

I would absolutely pay for the HCTP engine to return with slightly nicer graphics.

I absolutely loved the loose physics and less-sim like controls of the first few Smackdown games.

And if anyone tells you they didn’t like German Suplexing people off the Hell in a Cell, they’re lying.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://kotaku.com/wwe-2k-looks-worse-than-ever-this-year-1839119330

In case you haven’t seen the latest 2k game, bix wrote a nice write up on it.

mariooncrack fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Oct 22, 2019

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

blast0rama posted:

I would absolutely pay for the HCTP engine to return with slightly nicer graphics.

I absolutely loved the loose physics and less-sim like controls of the first few Smackdown games.

And if anyone tells you they didn’t like German Suplexing people off the Hell in a Cell, they’re lying.

exactly this. we wanted to be able to do the crazy poo poo in wrestling no one wants a headlock simulator.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Emerald Flowsion off the King of the Ring throne :getin:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lid posted:

As least Unity was fun enough when it got patched.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

mariooncrack posted:

https://kotaku.com/wwe-2k-looks-worse-than-ever-this-year-1839119330

In case you haven’t seen the latest 2k game, biz wrote a nice write up on it.

It's getting better.

https://twitter.com/MrMacho419/status/1186541489456893954

https://twitter.com/DanRyckert/status/1186670209807114241

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

man they really reduced the commentary to just a random pool of lines

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

coconono posted:

man they really reduced the commentary to just a random pool of lines
It's good they got something right, at least.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Does Lawler still say "Looks like SOUP will be on his diet for the forseeable future!"

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Does Lawler still say "Looks like SOUP will be on his diet for the forseeable future!"

I hope he still says "Save the whales – collect the whole set!"

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

good god

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

just having a convo with my friend whilst being molested by hair parasites

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

As least Unity was fun enough when it got patched.

To who? Unity's map is like a parody of a Ubi game, you can barely see Paris because every square millimetre is covered in icons.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Pope Corky the IX posted:

He’s putting those educated feet to good use!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gaz-L posted:

To who? Unity's map is like a parody of a Ubi game, you can barely see Paris because every square millimetre is covered in icons.

To me. I enjoyed fannying about revolutionary Paris even if lots of the characterisations were irksome and the take on the revolution by Ubisoft was painfully liberal. loving Mirabeau can do one.

I should add that my take is coloured by the fact I played it after Notre Dame burned down and Ubi gave it away for free.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Unity was a complicated delivery mechanism for this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DzsFMsIZPM

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Robespierre 👏 did 👏 nothing 👏 wrong

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Gumball Gumption posted:

I just assume anyone who still likes WWE or the games just has very undescerning taste. And that's totally fine, god knows I like some pure poo poo. However, they probably shouldn't be a professional critic.

Basically every professional gaming critic shouldn't be a professional critic because with a few notable exceptions they're almost all in it for free stuff.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Seams posted:

Robespierre 👏 did 👏 nothing 👏 wrong

Except for executing all those women's liberationists.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

free stuff is the best tho. Unless its super crappy or gives you brain worms. Then its the worst. Clearly the duality of the grift on display.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I, too, am deeply concerned about ethics in games journalism.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Endless Mike posted:

I, too, am deeply concerned about ethics in games journalism.

Fools.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I once sent a fake confession to that tumblr and someone posted it in this topic. It's been years so I don't remember what it was anymore. Anyway, I assume that a lot of people on Ringside Confessions are just trolling.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ThePariah posted:

I once sent a fake confession to that tumblr and someone posted it in this topic. It's been years so I don't remember what it was anymore. Anyway, I assume that a lot of people on Ringside Confessions are just trolling.

That's not unreasonable but this thread has taught me there's plenty of people who have bizarre takes

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Their promos can't draw me in, obviously, BECAUSE WE SPEAK ENGLISH IN 'MERICA.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Cody Rhodes is bringing back the cosmic wasteland to help him against inner circle

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shouting LAdy making throat slit gestures and middles fingers is pretty universal

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Cody Rhodes is bringing back the cosmic wasteland to help him against inner circle

if connor and viktor would RISE to aew id be stoked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Five annoying habits of female pro wrestling fans

1. Their hair gets in the way and I can't watch pro wrestling

2. They don't like it when I sit next to them

3. They take a selfie and put a sticker over my face if I'm accidentally in the photo

4. They spend too much money on merchandise

5. They put their arms around the wrestlers when taking two shots.