Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

T-man posted:

ya'll are nerds and comic books are the lowest form of visual medium and also aren't art

this but unironically

T-man posted:

also video games are art

this but ironically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Video games and comic books meet the standard critereon for being called "art" that's been in place since the abstract expressionists, in that they make people extremely mad and are funded by the CIA

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Goon Danton posted:

Video games and comic books meet the standard critereon for being called "art" that's been in place since the abstract expressionists, in that they make people extremely mad and are funded by the CIA

ok i changed my mind, video games are art now

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ytlaya posted:

I read the Spider-man comics as a child, and I remember the plot at the time involved Spider-man, Spider-man's angsty clone, and I think also Spider-man's evil clone.

Back then comics were something I'd pick up for like $3 when going with my parents to the grocery store. I wonder when specifically they transitioned into a specific nerd-only thing that could only be purchased in specialty nerd shops.

the 90s after the bubble popped when marvel was teetering on bankruptcy

Mr Hootington posted:

They brought all of that back and made the evil clone cool and added a doc ock in spiderman clone. The angsty clone was just the real spider-man and real spider-man turned to clone dust then came back 2 years ago as another clone who is evil for unknown reasons.

got the end of clone saga flipped around, ben was the clone all along, he's back because ???????????

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
What cellular telephone application do y'all use for podcasts?

I use Google podcasts and it's....not great

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

spacemang_spliff posted:

What cellular telephone application do y'all use for podcasts?

I use Google podcasts and it's....not great

I like podcast addict, but it eats your battery.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
pocketcast, i've also used podcast addict.

MizPiz posted:

iirc you should be able to set apps specifically to only check while on charger

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

PlayerFM has a web player that syncs with the app which I like

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

I like podcast addict, but I don't know if it is that app or my phone but when I try using Google maps at the same time when maps tries to give me directions they get muted about a second into them. If I have my hand on my phone I can turn it back up, but I have to do that with each notification

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I've never found a free app I like, so I just manually move the episode files from my computer to the music folder on my phone and listen to them through the music player that came preinstalled

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzdF0bVH6e8

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
i just use the iphone podcasts app and I dunno, it seems to do the job. new episodes show up and i listen to them

what am i missing

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MizPiz posted:

just turn off updates and hit the button manually every monday or whatever

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Podbean has been working okay for me.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

castbox

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

will and matt being the only chapos who wanna consistently do the pod anymore remains an ongoing source of fascination for me

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

like when you think about it the people paying for the feed are essentially part funding cocaine habits and brooklyn landlords so you'd think more than 2/5ths of the cast would bother to turn up more than once every month

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I think they could afford at least one paper towel or hankerchief for Will to blow his nose on, Jesus.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

gh0stpinballa posted:

like when you think about it the people paying for the feed are essentially part funding cocaine habits and brooklyn landlords so you'd think more than 2/5ths of the cast would bother to turn up more than once every month

i think its good that the hosts that don't want to go on don't, because i'm p sure it'd just make the episodes worse if felix was forced to be there or amber was, etc. Id add virgil to the list of people who clearly want to keep "doing it" as his election stuff is really funny.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

love to be concerned for my friends, whom i know

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Uranium posted:

why would they keep messaging me with new content every week if they were not my friends

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Uranium posted:

Empathy is actually good, even when it is for people you do not know personally

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
https://twitter.com/lenadunham/status/931672937308057600?lang=en

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
"Video games aren't art!"

"Video games are also sometimes art!"

Oh yeah? I got a hot take for ya: They're art but they're BAD because...

https://twitter.com/FreyjaErlings/status/1186634147948908549

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Apoplexy posted:

https://twitter.com/FreyjaErlings/status/1186635493192224769?s=19

lol

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

can someone shoot me a bootleg link to shocktober im not subscribing to a patreon for one month

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Farm Frenzy posted:

can someone shoot me a bootleg link to shocktober im not subscribing to a patreon for one month

I would also really like this, at least the O&A episode.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i keep forgetting to say: everyone subscribe to prison radio

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Apoplexy posted:

you don't roleplay a man, you roleplay a consciousness blissfully doing nothing in the void until your limbic system yanks you into the body of a man who's also a cop

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

Farm Frenzy posted:

stealing from street fight is the only morally wrong theft

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

IDONTPOST posted:

For real, and you get a lot more for $5 than most podcasts

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

one thing i truly don't understand is how podcasts like chapo and street fight and that get away with using copyrighted music in their shows, surely they'd be paying out a fortune with the amount of tracks they get thru

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

A combination of "who gives a poo poo" and "FREE USE"

Also paying money for anything including podcasts is reactionary

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Space Camp fuckup posted:

For real, and you get a lot more for $5 than most podcasts

Hell, I think you get the shows at $1/month and the zine at $3

IDONTPOST posted:

truth

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
i like murderbryan's posts and appearances on other shows but i can't imagine his podcast being that entertaining itself

the shocktober stuff has been real good. the leykis one hit real hard bc when i was like 18-20 i listened to his show all the time when i drove around for work and i don't know how i avoided internalizing the horrible poo poo he said

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I haven't listened to their main shows in months unless I catch them live on twitch

Their in-person shows are great but they keep getting scammed by venues, they were ripped off at all three texas shows

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

Uhh yeah dude plays a full song for an intro and outro every episode and they haven’t gotten in trouble as far as I know. I think the riaa just isn’t really paying attention to podcasts

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Venom Snake posted:

i think its good that the hosts that don't want to go on don't, because i'm p sure it'd just make the episodes worse if felix was forced to be there or amber was, etc. Id add virgil to the list of people who clearly want to keep "doing it" as his election stuff is really funny.

Yeah but it's a shame about Felix because he's the only chapo who makes me actually laugh out loud (instead of just thinking "haha that is entertaining"). I get the impression that Felix isn't as interested in politics or something, since now that I think about it most of his funny jokes don't have anything to do with politics (or are just about making fun of personalities involved with politics).

Shipon posted:

i like murderbryan's posts and appearances on other shows but i can't imagine his podcast being that entertaining itself

the shocktober stuff has been real good. the leykis one hit real hard bc when i was like 18-20 i listened to his show all the time when i drove around for work and i don't know how i avoided internalizing the horrible poo poo he said

I've been enjoying the Shocktober stuff, but one thing it kind of highlighted is that Chapo is actually relatively good at not going off on tangents and keeping to a clear outline for episodes (mostly thanks to Will, who seems to pay attention to that - I've been listening to it from the beginning, now on episode 8, and Will seemed to decide to keep things a lot more disciplined from like episode 2 or 3). The Shocktober stuff (that's Bryan and Felix right?) feels less focused. Subjectively speaking if I listen to it while resting my eyes after coming home from work, I start falling asleep, while I don't do the same with Chapo.

I never listened to any shock jocks myself, though I did listen to Glenn Beck and Limbaugh/Hannity (more the former than the latter two - Limbaugh/Hannity are both pretty boring) during this phase where I found hate-listening to conservatives entertaining. My conclusion from this was that Glenn Beck is actually fairly talented as a radio person and was pretty different from your more typical conservative talk radio. He would also come up with artisan insane takes, instead of the lovely wal-mart quality takes you'd hear from the likes of Limbaugh.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
I dunno, “If I’m paying for your birth control, I should be able to watch when you’re having sex” is an all timer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Listen to any time Will has guested on other podcasts. He almost immediately fills the role of daddy and keeps the hosts on topic, and talking