Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Splat
Vampire
Werewolf
Mage
Changeling
Promethean
Demon
Hunter
Sin Eater
Deviant
Mummy lol
beast?!
Goku
View Results

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Naturally, half the books I was hoping to use for the deluxe timeline pdf aren't in the art packs. I'll make do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
Yes Hello I would just like to state that my favorite WoD gameline is Werewolf: The Buttrockalypse.

Fivemarks fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 21, 2019

Desiden
Mar 13, 2016

Mindless self indulgence is SRS BIZNS
Oh boy, the werewolf video game trailer! With no gameplay, natch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6uuGf_3k_8

Good to know the 90s aren't dying with W5. Though I suppose that isn't completely fair. The graphics are at least the aughts.

Also they apparently have an as yet unspecified developer for the TTRPG. Guessing its not Modiphius since why wouldn't they announce that. Maybe its the FATAL guys.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Don't be mean, that'll be the hottest launch title for the 360 ever!

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

So they killed my Setite.

Apparently whoever gave me the Assamite horrorscope, I just printed it as you typed it, I had no idea it was some sort of third rail for Assamite lore. They got to bitching to the other "elders" who then demanded I make amends to every other kindred I'd wronged. After talking with them, literally every Ancilla and Neonate was on board, and only the elders had any problems, but before I could offer boons and favors, a Nos who'd been following me all night ganked me in an alley after the Toreador Primogen said "you're worth a lot to me alive and nothing dead, so let's work this out" because the Nos and Tories are at each other's throats.

It was glorious, though, because he staked me, hid my body, then convinced the Prince to Blood Hunt me and immediately turned in my staked body and killed me to gain Triumphant status for himself. When I heard his plan, I was absolutely giddy, it was the most Vampire thing that's ever happened at our game yet.

ST's offered me an Assamite Elder concept as a temp for next game until I decide what to roll up for real. There's an XP floor in our org so I'd be at most 20 XP behind (80 xp starting vs 100 xp if I'd played every game with the same toon) so I'm currently taking concept ideas.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Getting ganked as part of a clan feud and being evidence of rank Prince corruption is pretty much as much of a win you can get for less than three months of game.

The Assamite Elder offer after being ganked for touching some Assamite lore feels like a trap play. Is your org using the Assamite in the Cam lore?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Desiden posted:

Oh boy, the werewolf video game trailer! With no gameplay, natch.

Good to know the 90s aren't dying with W5. Though I suppose that isn't completely fair. The graphics are at least the aughts.

Also they apparently have an as yet unspecified developer for the TTRPG. Guessing its not Modiphius since why wouldn't they announce that. Maybe its the FATAL guys.

Sure are a lot of gristly white dudes bein' muh werewolves in that trailer.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Gerund posted:

Getting ganked as part of a clan feud and being evidence of rank Prince corruption is pretty much as much of a win you can get for less than three months of game.

The Assamite Elder offer after being ganked for touching some Assamite lore feels like a trap play. Is your org using the Assamite in the Cam lore?

The NPC character is just "hey we have an NPC we need someone to play and you don't currently have a character, here ya go." I don't think it's related to anything particular my character did.

The Assamites are in the Cam as this is BNS based off the V20 lore.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Play the Assamite Elder but make the concept your own. Specifically, he came to town seeking this zine oracle and now must find out how he gleaned his dark truths.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Loomer posted:

Tremere: Mercury enters its retrograde turn on All Hallow's Eve. Samiel's Curse upon the Eldest rings loudest in your blood this month.

If anybody else had killed the best Setite, I would be kind of jokey-mad. Since it's Loomer, I'm not even jokey-mad. I just want to know what occult design he was fulfilling through this imaginary sacrifice.

You killed a vampire, Loomer. You can't let the spiritual significance of that go to waste.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Hey, don't look at me. I'm not the one who turned that into the Assamite horoscope.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I was wondering what the deep lore thing was until I re-read it. Honestly it seems like it should be the Tremere that are pissed and not the Assamite.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Yeah, that was the idea. It really doesn't make any sense as a curse on the Assamites, unless the Assamite elder in question is aware of the cut secret origin of Ur-Shulgi as a bizarre Nephandi-Baali-Assamite fusion. I was basically just going for 'hahaha you're really just tzimisce bloodline you nerds, you picked the worst vampire clan to steal blood from because Saulot's been loving with you since before Goratrix even thought of his ritual and wanted to use you to avenge the death of his childe and exterminate his own clan'

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Loomer posted:

Yeah, that was the idea. It really doesn't make any sense as a curse on the Assamites, unless the Assamite elder in question is aware of the cut secret origin of Ur-Shulgi as a bizarre Nephandi-Baali-Assamite fusion. I was basically just going for 'hahaha you're really just tzimisce bloodline you nerds, you picked the worst vampire clan to steal blood from because Saulot's been loving with you since before Goratrix even thought of his ritual and wanted to use you to avenge the death of his childe and exterminate his own clan'

Also the Eldest is going to wake up and eat you too one day. Have fun!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Desiden posted:

Hey, developer people. yes. Hi.

Both canids and humans have muscles in their cheeks that make their lips move when they open their mouths. Wolf muzzles are not two perfectly motionless objects that happen to slot together.

That's maybe something you should address. Ya know. Cause it looks weird in TYOOL 2019.

MoonKnight
Jul 14, 2018

Shrecknet posted:

The NPC character is just "hey we have an NPC we need someone to play and you don't currently have a character, here ya go." I don't think it's related to anything particular my character did.

The Assamites are in the Cam as this is BNS based off the V20 lore.

Which org are you part of? I'm assuming MES, which uses the BNS lore (which isn't based off of V20's lore changes, despite people calling METVtM as METV20 mistakenly).

That outcome sounds like one of the most amazing things I have ever heard about politicking and 'good backstabbing' for a LARP. So kudos to you man!

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Double kudos for rolling with it too. Sucks to lose the Best Setite but man, what a way to go and shake up the existing power dynamics. Set would be proud.

Octavo
Feb 11, 2019

https://www.enworld.org/threads/modiphius-to-produce-vampire-the-masquerade-miniatures.668130/

I'm not super into Masquerade, but I love the idea of WoD minis.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
I can't think of a good reason to buy WoD minis? I don't think I've ever even thought about a vampire game with a combat map. I mean, if they look cool, sure, but I'm not sure there's must purpose other than looking cool.

I do wonder if they do any market research though, or if they're just doing 90s throwback for the sake of it these days like everyone else.

*Also, many props to the Best Setite. It's the best LARP story I've ever heard. The only sad part is there won't be any more of those great 'zines.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

WoD has had miniatures before, and they were kinda dumb then too.

Except the Werewolf the Apocalypse ones, which were awesome.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

MoonKnight posted:

Which org are you part of? I'm assuming MES, which uses the BNS lore (which isn't based off of V20's lore changes, despite people calling METVtM as METV20 mistakenly).

That outcome sounds like one of the most amazing things I have ever heard about politicking and 'good backstabbing' for a LARP. So kudos to you man!

Undergound Theater

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Jhet posted:

I can't think of a good reason to buy WoD minis? I don't think I've ever even thought about a vampire game with a combat map. I mean, if they look cool, sure, but I'm not sure there's must purpose other than looking cool.
For books that devote as many pages to combat rules (whether direct Combat Rules or gifts/disciplines/powers/etc. that only have combat applications), I've never really understood how pure theater of the mind is supposed to be the de facto mode of play. Then again, my ideal system is probably something like Strike! rules and WoD/CoD flavor so I might be in the minority here.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

For books that devote as many pages to combat rules (whether direct Combat Rules or gifts/disciplines/powers/etc. that only have combat applications), I've never really understood how pure theater of the mind is supposed to be the de facto mode of play. Then again, my ideal system is probably something like Strike! rules and WoD/CoD flavor so I might be in the minority here.

I think it's more an issue of scale for me. I don't have room for 200' of map in each direction, and because of all the various powers, I don't know that I've ever had a combat last more than a few rounds anyway. Maybe Werewolf would be different I don't know, but I normally run mage so any map I would make is immediately not useful because they're going to look at it and immediately compensate for everything on it. Every vampire combat has also been short and sweet due to disciplines too. I guess I just have never seen a reason why it would be necessary past a cool looking luxury thing.

I understand the wargaming aspect of maps and minis, but even with all the combat rules I've never needed it because of the shorter amount of time dedicated to the combat portion of the game.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Jhet posted:

I think it's more an issue of scale for me. I don't have room for 200' of map in each direction, and because of all the various powers, I don't know that I've ever had a combat last more than a few rounds anyway. Maybe Werewolf would be different I don't know, but I normally run mage so any map I would make is immediately not useful because they're going to look at it and immediately compensate for everything on it. Every vampire combat has also been short and sweet due to disciplines too. I guess I just have never seen a reason why it would be necessary past a cool looking luxury thing.

I understand the wargaming aspect of maps and minis, but even with all the combat rules I've never needed it because of the shorter amount of time dedicated to the combat portion of the game.

I did a crude mspaint map for my last werewolf fight, but that was because I had the PCs, their allies, and about thirty enemies engaging in waves and from different directions.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

I got the email from Modiphius yesterday and my first thought was "But why?"

I mean like if they look cool and they aren't horribly over priced (which they probably will be) I could see picking up a couple here and there just as a neat collectible to have, but it's going to depend heavily on the price point and how they are sold (singles vs packs)

Also that Apocalypse trailer sure looks like a CG trailer. If it's going to be third person action beat em up kinda deal I could get behind that, but I have literally no loving idea what this game is about or what I'm supposed to be doing beyond "Play a Werewolf".

RIP to the best Kindred this thread has ever seen, zine making Setite.

MoonKnight
Jul 14, 2018

Shrecknet posted:

Undergound Theater

... wow, they still exist? Color me surprised. I had heard that all the non-MES orgs that were using the BNS rules folded. Cool beans.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
There's another org, Winding Path Initiative, but everybody I know that's involved are also MES people so whatever.

The huge game I started out playing in, almost twenty years ago, had its own regional org in central Indiana, Cincinnati, and Chicago called the Grave Digger's Union, which started around 1996 as a group of disgruntled Camarilla members. It was fairly laissez-faire about letting local STs run their games as they saw fit as long as the character creation and XP award rules; the main game was run pretty close to the book setting style, while one of the smaller games was run by a guy who liked having crazy poo poo like HITMarks running around, and that coexisted by having local STs establish clear boundaries around their individual games.

Eventually it fell apart around 2003-2005, when the Requiem switchover and the backlash to it killed most of the local larps, but it worked fairly well as long as it was needed.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

moths posted:

WoD has had miniatures before, and they were kinda dumb then too.

Except the Werewolf the Apocalypse ones, which were awesome.

I wish they would have gotten that miniatures game off the ground. I was so hyped for it 20 years ago.

What should I expect/hope for W5 ("wive").

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

What should I expect/hope for W5 ("wive").
Turn the racism and misogyny dials up to at least 11, probably resolve half of the metaplot off-screen without getting any closer to the titular Apocalypse, and gear up for an international incident with...let's call Brazil this time?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

That's unfair, they're not involving any of the Paradox White Wolf writers that we know of.

It's probably just gonna be a fairly milquetoast regurgitation of oWerewolf.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf
Early interviews with Ericsson suggested they were going to ramp up the Impergium narrative but one can only hope they’ve since gone back to the drawing board following the disaster of his reign.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Ah yes, the thing everyone loves about W:tA, the impergium.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Jonas Albrecht posted:

The kids today love Werewolf genocide!

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

joylessdivision posted:

Hey Avengers: Endgame was great and really made me think and haveyouheardofMalthusandboyIjustloveWer

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

joylessdivision posted:

The writers love it so much they had the garou do it twice!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Hashtag the Red Talons were right.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Bosushi! posted:

Early interviews with Ericsson suggested they were going to ramp up the Impergium narrative but one can only hope they’ve since gone back to the drawing board following the disaster of his reign.

Yeah, until we hear that they've chucked Ericsson's lore bible out the window I'm going to be pensive about anything oWerewolf.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice
I just hope the rules are solid. I really liked the "hunger dice" mechanic, the axing of the sliding target number, and the changes to willpower. For the oWoD WW game we're starting soon I hacked up the rules and modeled a lot off V5.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
What did they do to willpower?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desiden
Mar 13, 2016

Mindless self indulgence is SRS BIZNS

Soonmot posted:

What did they do to willpower?

The biggest thing is that willpower forms a sort of "mental/social health track" for non-physical conflicts. Not like a sanity meter or something like that, but a way to gauge when someone's been convinced of something, or lost their composure from the barbs of the harpies at Elysium, or whatever. It seemed decent enough, much like most of the mechanical side of v5.

Werewolf could certainly benefit from mechanical updating, but I'd say moreso than vampire continuing to update the setting is going to be important, just because of all the racial baggage front and center in W:tA. While I'm certain it'll be better than whatever dipshit quasi-fascist nonsense nuWW would put out in the name of edginess, I'm wary until we find out who the developer is and if they look like they're cognizant of why neonazi werewolves, white native american werewolves, and drunken IRA werewolves is not a good look to name just a few.