Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Ayes: 308
Nay: 322

Not a womp womp trombone large enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
That was close gently caress

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

LMAO ANOTHER VICTORY FOR THE BOJO MAN.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Oh thank gently caress for that.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Noes: 322

Timetable does NOT pass

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

gently caress that was a tense few minutes

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

lol

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Fuuuuuuuuck

Not been anxious like that in years

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Thank gently caress for that

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

lma, and if I may, o

now let's see if the EU offers a 3-month extension

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Another defeat for Bojo to hang over his mantelpiece

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Lol he's taking this as a storming victory.

He lied.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
*phew*

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Apparently my ability to influence brexit works as long as I'm not actually paying attention to the process, just spent a nice couple of hours gluing casement guns onto an oil rig and forgot they were voting lol.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Steve2911 posted:

Lol he's taking this as a storming victory.

He lied.

if there's one thing Boris Johnson can do it's exuberance and this is pretty muted

"I'm not mad you're mad"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

just spent a nice couple of hours gluing casement guns onto an oil rig and forgot they were voting lol.
No deal planning going well.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
so who's digging the ditch

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish
I just want him to lose everything forever

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

Apparently my ability to influence brexit works as long as I'm not actually paying attention to the process, just spent a nice couple of hours gluing casement guns onto an oil rig and forgot they were voting lol.

Are you building a miniature seasteader?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

So if they've voted down the timetable is there any idea as to... what timetable they are going to go for?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
"The DUP MPs and I will submerge beneath you, and scuttle the deal."

""You will receive the Order of Corbyn for this."

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Is there time for every Labour MP who voted Aye on the deal to pass second reading to be deselected by their local party?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

OwlFancier posted:

So if they've voted down the timetable is there any idea as to... what timetable they are going to go for?

Johnson just said they're putting everything on hold until the EU say what they're doing, so trying to stop scrutiny again by the looks of things

"no dither and delay!" *does that*

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

marktheando posted:

Yeah all the shitheads in the PLP have me convinced a future Corbyn government would be about as powerless to do anything as the May and Johnson governments. This is a great opportunity to get rid of a bunch of them, but Corbyn won't do anything about the people repeatedly stabbing him in the back, as usual.
They're an essential part of his Westminster Fire plot.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

baka kaba posted:

Johnson just said they're putting everything on hold until the EU say what they're doing, so trying to stop scrutiny again by the looks of things

"no dither and delay!" *does that*

Lol.

Definitely trying for that no deal via the backdoor option.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

RockyB posted:

Nay: 322

Not a womp womp trombone large enough.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

OwlFancier posted:

Lol.

He literally said they're going to step up no deal planning too, "the responsible course of action"

like even the 2 days they would have had to debate the bill are gone now, not even pretending

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

So wait, what mechanism can he call an election on? I thought you guys changed it so you could only attach confidence votes to like, budget bills.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

So wait, what mechanism can he call an election on? I thought you guys changed it so you could only attach confidence votes to like, budget bills.

He cannot without a vote, which requires a 2/3rd majority, which he will not get without Labour votes, which he will not get without an extension.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

OwlFancier posted:

You know how everything is just a sum of quantum potentials waiting for an Observer to collapse them into one form or another (eg Schrodinger's dead and alive cat), I think we found the Observer...

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Starting to think Corbs should just call a confidence vote.

The extension has been requested, we know the EU won't turn it down if there's an election. We know there's a good chance Johnson's deal will pass if we let it continue. What exactly is he waiting for? Bring on the election.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Love that Boris is so desperate to get this thing through before it can get properly scrutinized and amendment because he knows once that actually gets underway he'll almost certainly end up in Maytown. The imminence of the current withdrawal date sharpened minds and got a Second Reading approved, and fair enough I suppose, given the importance of the matter to the country it'd be a bad look indeed if Parliament said "Actually we're not even going to try" (Even though they definitely shouldn't). I doubt once the thing is revealed as the May Deal But Worse and starts getting amended in ways one group or another can't support that it'd actually get through, and giving MPs more time to examine it increases the chances of that drastically.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

EvilHawk posted:

He cannot without a vote, which requires a 2/3rd majority, which he will not get without Labour votes, which he will not get without an extension.

god drat corbyn, hes the biggest chicken since colonel sanders!!!!

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

lol Lucy Powell doing her useful idiot betrayal arc

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

jabby posted:

Starting to think Corbs should just call a confidence vote.

The extension has been requested, we know the EU won't turn it down if there's an election. We know there's a good chance Johnson's deal will pass if we let it continue. What exactly is he waiting for? Bring on the election.

Agreed. Not doing it at this stage just allows this farce to continue to an end where Boris Johnson just wins through wearing everyone down.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Surely Johnson's decision to pause the legislation means it's pretty drat likely we'll get the extension?

chaosrefined
Dec 27, 2012
Long time lurker of this thread, first time poster just to say gently caress ME that was a close call. Hopefully the EU will grant the extension and we can get a GE.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Steve2911 posted:

Surely Johnson's decision to pause the legislation means it's pretty drat likely we'll get the extension?

Absolutely, it's only a matter of how long.

Joris could secure a smallish extension that wouldn't be long enough to hold a GE (say, a month) in which he thinks there's enough time to debate, amend, and approve the bill.

Or the EU could say nah 3 months again.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Lol.

A beans up the backdoor brexit.*

*there will be no beans.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

You know how everything is just a sum of quantum potentials waiting for an Observer to collapse them into one form or another (eg Schrodinger's dead and alive cat), I think we found the Observer...
It's a weekday so technically they're the Guardian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Do people still think boris is hosed if we haven't brexited by halloween? the brexiteers don't seem to care that he sent the letter.