Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wow, seems like everyone remotely adjacent to anyone that isn't Bernie is garbage?? Who knew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i thought i knew where this was going but then it took on an entirely new dimension. jesus

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Streak posted:

Wow, seems like everyone remotely adjacent to anyone that isn't Bernie is garbage?? Who knew.

just wait for the blue checks to try to spin that as "BERNIE SUPPORTER ROSARIO DAWSON" using clips that are oddly only from 4 years ago.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Corey Booker is finally gonna dominate a news cycle.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Endorph posted:

i thought i knew where this was going but then it took on an entirely new dimension. jesus

yea when I read the first bit I assumed this was some weird like 'we were at a bar and some poo poo started and suddenly Rosario was brawling with this person and she said some hosed up poo poo' but this is somehow even more psychotic and terrible!

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
terfs for booker 2020

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

RottenK posted:

terfs for booker 2020

careful that's a sizable dem pie slice, could help him!

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Booker says he isn't transphobic because one of his close friends, T-bone, is trans masc. Hence the name.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

https://web.archive.org/web/*/hillaryclinton.com

fake news, it's been there for ages

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

that's very good to hear but just to be safe let's put her in the big plastic cube Magneto was in

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Ugh, what the loving hell, Rosario. And she was one of the most likable characters throughout the Netflix Marvel universe. Bleh.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Ague Proof posted:

Booker says he isn't transphobic because one of his close friends, T-bone, is trans masc. Hence the name.

lmao

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
https://mobile.twitter.com/EmersonPolling/status/1186677861975019520

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
And the pundits will continue to insist that there are more than 3 candidates

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
A colleague of mine that worked in DNC pol-tech says most of the ex-Clinton people went to either Biden or Harris' campaign. He partly left the industry because of his experiences there.

VitalSigns posted:

"Medicare For All will never work because polling shows most Americans love private insurance"
Based upon what I've seen over the past couple decades, most Americans that up until they qualified for Medicare don't seem to understand that insurance != your doctor. I want to punch so many people in the face. We can't have a proper national debate about Medicare for All unless people understand that "healthcare" != "health insurance." Like trying to talk about climate change vs. weather when most of the country until recent years when we've had the hottest weather on record n times in a row are finally understanding.

We're doomed, let's get Bezos to shoot us all into the sun instead of trying to save us.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Failed Imagineer posted:

The indoors will continue to insist there are 4 candidates: Biden, Warren, Buttigieg and Harris

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

The indoors will continue to insist there are 4 candidates: Biden, Warren, Buttigieg and Harris

Don't forget Klob, who is so loving funny, honestly you guys! Didn't you see the debate?!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Majorian posted:

Don't forget Klob, who is so loving funny, honestly you guys! Didn't you see the debate?!

THE GREAT MIDWESTERN HOPE

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Please, CNN tells me there's only two! Biden and Warren.

I'm not kidding. There is little to no mention of Sanders on that channel, except of course when he had his heart attack.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

it's over the polls since the debates clearly show that the AoC endorsement and the consistent left-wing attacks on warren have finished her off

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Look at all those candidates getting outpolled by none of the above. That would no doubt be pretty crushing if any of these ghouls could experience shame.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

VitalSigns posted:

"Medicare For All will never work because polling shows most Americans love private insurance"

This is why the only useful policy-related polling is polling that establishes what outcome people want. The vast majority of people have no clue how different policies correspond to different outcomes, so it's up to us as individuals to judge what we think will best accomplish the things people want. In this case most people definitely want "quality healthcare they can easily afford, with most care ideally being free at point of service," and I feel pretty confident that if you could somehow beam an accurate vision of what life under MfA would be like into peoples' heads (instead of letting them interpret it on their own), a strong majority would support it over other options.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's hard to not believe there is a media blackout when you have poo poo like this:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1186670060284329986?s=19

Bernie isn't listed in the headline because they didn't even poll for a result against him.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

It's hard to not believe there is a media blackout when you have poo poo like this:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1186670060284329986?s=19

Bernie isn't listed in the headline because they didn't even poll for a result against him.

Also, note that they *did* poll for Harris and Buttigieg (if it's the one I'm thinking of).

There's no denying that there's a clear strategy to ignore or downplay Sanders, though the extent to which it's "commanded from above" isn't clear (there's an equally good chance that the sort of person who ends up working in media is just heavily inclined to be opposed to Sanders and the left, though I also wouldn't be surprised if there were direct orders to reduce Sanders-related content).

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

This is why the only useful policy-related polling is polling that establishes what outcome people want.

Precisely.

It's also a great indicator for why "if you like your health plan, you can keep your health plan; if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" is going to backfire catastrophically just like it did for Obama.

A public option isn't going to stop employers from changing / canceling health insurance plans. And every time that happens, there's another voter who is going to blame President Pete for lying to them. He said I could keep my plan and I lost it!!!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Imagine working to be a political operative and getting roasted so completely by shithead teens who got into politics because of a podcast

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
At what point are we allowed to just admit its a conscious strategy to influence the election, when there's widespread reports of voter suppression that tips the election to Warren/Biden and not a single mainstream outlet mentions it, so that we're forced to accept it as fait accompli?

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

unwantedplatypus posted:

At what point are we allowed to just admit its a conscious strategy to influence the election, when there's widespread reports of voter suppression that tips the election to Warren/Biden and not a single mainstream outlet mentions it, so that we're forced to accept it as fait accompli?

Lol if you haven't been admitting that since 2016

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Look at all those candidates getting outpolled by none of the above. That would no doubt be pretty crushing if any of these ghouls could experience shame.

Well you see, as they are below none of the above, they are clearly actually winning.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

unwantedplatypus posted:

To quote the pollster "If you're concerned that Sanders is left out, by that rationale any poll that leaves out Bennet, Booker or Steyer in a series of head to head is just as problematic"

:rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/librab103/status/1186725442960662529

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Which candidate will triple their polling numbers by changing their name to "Someone Else"

My money is on Klobuchar

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

I've been told by centrists in this very forum that the left needs to compromise, work with the system, and accept things how they are. Ignoring the furthest left candidate is just another step along the way to change.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

unwantedplatypus posted:

That's the problem - the people on the other side of these discussions are unwilling to believe anything that isn't from a mainstream source. There is no standard of proof they could accept for claims like this, because they will demand proof of intent that likely doesn't exist (and even if it does exist, they can always claim it's limited to those individuals - see the DNC e-mails in 2016). Without proof of intent, they can say "well it could have been a mistake, or they could have had some other reason for ignoring Sanders."

The issue isn't so much that they're not willing to trust non-mainstream sources (since obviously those are often unreliable as well), but more that their "default" is to assume the mainstream narrative is true until proven otherwise (and the standard they require for proving otherwise is impossible to meet). You saw a similar thing happen with the Trump/Russia stuff; if you attempted to show skepticism about claims in that case, they would demand proof - their default belief was whatever impression they came away with after reading the WaPo or whatever. They placed the burden on others to provide concrete proof that their own beliefs were false.

The rational part of me realizes that there's no meaningful difference between these people and conservatives who watch Fox News, and that it's pointless to engage with them, but I still keep banging my head against that wall for some reason.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Tulsi is still milking this poo poo, lmao

https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status/1186763222193299457

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Good for Tulsi. Do Warren next

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

gently caress her UP Tulsi!!

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Hillary Clinton is trolling ya'll and sipping tea like that one Kermit gif. Hillary is all out of fucks to give, and I'm here for it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

might as well, the only time she's relevant is when she knifes people

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

sexpig by night posted:

might as well, the only time she's relevant is when she knifes people

Yeah, she's good at it.

Adbot