Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Ershalim posted:

Right, but wasn't the context for that that the state had specifically targeted black people as the focus of the gerrymander because they happened to vote democrats more than republicans? As far as I know, that is a crime. As for Ukraine, the GOP Fox party line is that it was good to do that. Most of them just don't think it's illegal because they don't have a concept of sovereignty that extends beyond absolute monarchy, but of the ones who do, they think it's a good, smart thing to do. (Since winning is the only thing that matters to them)

They tried to argue that they didn't target black people for voter suppression, but Democrats, and since political party isn't a protected class and black people just HAPPEN to mostly vote Democratic, it wasn't unconstitutional and therefore the gerrymander wasn't illegal and should stand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

sean10mm posted:

Actually they bombed their own facilities.

That's SOP if you have to abandon hardware in the field. It's why TOW squads carried white phosphorous grenades, if you have to abandon a vehicle in a hostile environment drop a coupon on the important bits and melt it to slag.

It's just something that shouldn't have to be done on this scale because the idea of the United States having to make a hasty precipitous large withdrawal in 2019 is loving insane.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Data Graham posted:

He doesn't know what quid pro quo means. He just knows (dimly, after having it explained to him wearily by aides) that it's a bad thing, so whatever it is, it wasn't that.

Or they think it's some, "One Weird Trick" of, if I say constantly it's not a thing, even if it fits all definitions of that thing, then therefore I obviously was trying not to do that thing.

Like robbing a bank at gunpoint and when the bank person asks, "are you robbing us?" and you reply, "no no, this isn't an armed robbery. This has nothing to do with armed robbery! Just put the money in the bag while I hold this gun."

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

marshmonkey posted:

I'm guessing Sondland is going to get another invitation to testify pretty quick.

I'm guessing it won't be an invitation.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

HelloSailorSign posted:

Or they think it's some, "One Weird Trick" of, if I say constantly it's not a thing, even if it fits all definitions of that thing, then therefore I obviously was trying not to do that thing.

Like robbing a bank at gunpoint and when the bank person asks, "are you robbing us?" and you reply, "no no, this isn't an armed robbery. This has nothing to do with armed robbery! Just put the money in the bag while I hold this gun."

Haha you joke but the U.S. legal definition of bribery has been narrowed significantly by court rulings over the past 20 years

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

man my twitter feed is nothing but quotes from this opening statement and has been that way since it leaked

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/brianschatz/status/1186737075862888448

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Ague Proof posted:

It's not quid pro quo if you have no intention of keeping your end of the bargain

:smugdon:

I mean, for a dude that's never been held to account for any of his stupid decisions, never pays his contractors, lies to his lawyers to the point where they won't be around him alone, the Ukraine stuff is pretty light-weight by comparison in his mind. That's why he considered it such a perfect phone call, he thought he had Sonland do his dirty work

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

ewiley posted:

I mean, for a dude that's never been held to account for any of his stupid decisions, never pays his contractors, lies to his lawyers to the point where they won't be around him alone, the Ukraine stuff is pretty light-weight by comparison in his mind. That's why he considered it such a perfect phone call, he thought he had Sonland do his dirty work

The phone call was perfect there's nothing in there you could make stick in a criminal case!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Drunk Theory posted:

I think that's just it. They did not have a contingency for that. So now they are putting together plans for other incredibly stupid Trump orders so they aren't as blindsided.

Yeah, hence my snide sarcasm. I get the distinct feeling that every thing about military discipline and planning that has been blown up to mythic proportions is all just so much hooey, and really this whole "Pentagon has contingencies for everything" thing is some hearsay from jet-age MIC mythmaking perpetuated by movies. The people in charge of planning this stuff never would have imagined these kinds of contingencies, because they were entirely too ludicrous, but it turns out they (and not alien invasions) are exactly what they should have been worrying about all along.

If I may illustrate via Spamusement:

http://spamusement.com/index.php/comics/view/189

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Very USPOL related: Russia and Turkey has come to joint agreements over the YPG and Syria.

Russian took a diplomacy failure by Trump and turned it into pure diplomatic gold.

https://twitter.com/brett_mcgurk/status/1186699972353417216?s=20

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
This is utterly damning

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1186735274648375296

This ties aid assistance to a public declaration of investigating Biden. Not Bursmia, which is what Republicans have been using to say it's just about "corruption", but Biden specifically.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/fordm/status/1186734114159943680

https://twitter.com/AdamSerwer/status/1186735032804761600

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1186727622723756032

what an interesting day to mention that, mitch

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I wonder if Bill Taylor is the whistleblower.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/tucker_doherty/status/1186664216150843394

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

While it's easy to assume this is due to lack of regulation in the Trump EPA, let's not rule out this being the physical manifestation of Pestilence, one of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

republicans: literally airborne death

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Tayter Swift posted:

this photo is amazing

Are those bats?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ketchup vs catsup posted:

republicans: literally airborne death

Rolling coal on the entire country

beejay posted:

Are those bats?

They're birds, presumably tweeting

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Just a note of a confounding variable here: manufacturers have largely switched over to gasoline direct injection engines in recent years. They are much more efficient, but generate higher particulate emissions than normal fuel injected gasoline engines (which have essentially no particulates in the exhaust).

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/AmandaMarcotte/status/1186740665738289152?s=20

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

I still think Trump is safe but it really feels like we're getting close to the "Senators have no choice to admit that Trump should be impeached but won't be because anything else makes them sound like they should be in a home" line.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Ok this is a ridiculous implication. Like 99.9% of PM 2.5 variability is going to be from wildfire activity and sandstorms in Arizona, not "non enforcement of clean air act standards." Almost all CAA enforcement is on the state level and even Mississippi and Alabama have basically kept their programs intact.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

HelloSailorSign posted:

So basically the "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY" scene from The Office except it's real life and the guy yelling it is the President of the United States

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

lol this is an excellent point

the guy currently gleefully delivering truckloads of evidence of trump's guilt was the guy they put in there after they fired the old person for not helping the crimes

https://twitter.com/GaryLegum/status/1186740298480803842

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Shifty Pony posted:

Just a note of a confounding variable here: manufacturers have largely switched over to gasoline direct injection engines in recent years. They are much more efficient, but generate higher particulate emissions than normal fuel injected gasoline engines (which have essentially no particulates in the exhaust).

That can't be the reason, I have it on good authority that they all switched because "CALIFORNIA IS RUN BY loving R WORDS"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The only good thing to come out of this administration is “crime” becoming a verb

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Chad wolf.

E: And Lindsey Graham doubling down on: "It's EXACTLY the same as a lynching", is loving bonkers. Like, I know, trump is the boss and all that, but ffs. That's like the first question any journalist should ask him from now on. 'Are you sure it's the exact same thing as a lynching? Okay, moving on'.

Revelation 2-13 fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Oct 22, 2019

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

This is absolute loving horse poo poo, gently caress this dude, I hope he loses his race.

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER

In his defence, with a name like Chad Wolf he never had any chance of becoming anything in his life other than a tremendous cock. Poor guy.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Chad Wolf.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

empty whippet box posted:

This is absolute loving horse poo poo, gently caress this dude, I hope he loses his race.

uhhh

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Man, I'm sure that boot licking is paying off great for Gra-

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1186711198361882624
https://twitter.com/SebGorka/status/1186733399874117633

Oh

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Can you explain?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
drat it's more fun to watch them eat themselves when I have a loving clue why they turn on each other.

Actually nvm it's still just as fun

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

Oh hey Adam, didn't know you had an account here. :v:

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

oxsnard posted:

Ok this is a ridiculous implication. Like 99.9% of PM 2.5 variability is going to be from wildfire activity and sandstorms in Arizona, not "non enforcement of clean air act standards." Almost all CAA enforcement is on the state level and even Mississippi and Alabama have basically kept their programs intact.

It could also be because the country came out of a recession.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

seems unlikely op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

beejay posted:

Can you explain?
the whippet box is empty, you see?