Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I can't wait for the articles to come out about this. Anyone remember that long Seahawks journalism piece on Richard Sherman calling out Russell Wilson to his face?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/_bigplayslay23/status/1186745561975873544?s=19

Lol

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I mean, at this point, I hope the Pats trade for Stafford and Slay next year after Brady retires following his 7th ring.

Both of those guys deserve so much better than this poo poo show.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

What are the Lions even trying to do with that trade? 5 for 7 is marginal value alone but they also give up Diggs for it? I'm baffled.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lions players only meeting “coming soon” per CB Darius Slay.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

SKULL.GIF posted:

What are the Lions even trying to do with that trade? 5 for 7 is marginal value alone but they also give up Diggs for it? I'm baffled.

Also eating like 5.5 million in dead cap. It is a bad trade from an over-matched general manager.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

https://twitter.com/snacks/status/1186746277570236416?s=19

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
The only real explanation that I can think of is that Detroit is working on another trade and needed an extra 5th to make it happen.

Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Look if the Lions are fire selling how much for that used QB with a ton of miles on him?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Dexo posted:

Look if the Lions are fire selling how much for that used QB with a ton of miles on him?

He'd be the next Cutler and it would be amazing

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
I mean... wouldn't you at least get a 5th round comp pick if Diggs walked in the offseason? And get a whole half-season of production out of him?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

He'd be the next Cutler and it would be amazing

Stafford would be good with that Bears offense. I thought he might be washed but he's been very good this year.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Bears with Stafford could moonwalk to the Super Bowl lmao

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

You mean....shuffle?

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Rooster Brooster posted:

I mean... wouldn't you at least get a 5th round comp pick if Diggs walked in the offseason? And get a whole half-season of production out of him?

It somewhat depends on the contract he signs with the next team but yes. Very likely at least a 5th.

It's a trade that makes virtually no sense. You're giving up a starter to move up 2 rounds from the bottom of the draft.

e: missed he had signed a new deal with his current team. In that case no, he'd have to be a UFA to qualify

adaz fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Oct 22, 2019

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/1186782134452850689

Hhhhhuh.

That uh. Might kinda make sense. If they think Harris is as good or better than Diggs.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

I think the word is that Patricia thinks his backup will play better.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

schmitty9800 posted:

I think the word is that Patricia thinks his backup will play better.

That's what the Lions beat guys are saying.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I've been waiting all evening for them to post this clip it's incredible

https://twitter.com/SKORNorth/status/1186804913172615169

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao
https://twitter.com/MarkLazerus/status/1186814981993615362?s=20

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Holy poo poo

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Pahahahahaha

I love Chicago crowds.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

MJeff posted:

Pahahahahaha

I love Chicago crowds.

:same:

My favorite is when Blackhawks fans at the UC spent the moment of silence for Bill Wirtz's death booing the poo poo out of him.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

never forget
https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/...e-united-center

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

:same:

My favorite is when Blackhawks fans at the UC spent the moment of silence for Bill Wirtz's death booing the poo poo out of him.

I was at that game it was glorious.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

would the lions trade stafford for the best office chair in wisconsin

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

I think diggs told Patricia his lovely defense was poo poo.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

im just saying, you need 2 quarterbacks to run the A-11, so id not turn down stafford if he were available

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/AdamHoge/status/1186855218681651200

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

mastershakeman posted:

So what's the theory on roquan now that he sucks post weird incident
My coworker thinks STD, I think he's embarrassed about IBS or diverticulitis or something and contact is hurting him

I'm going to choose another random collection of letters and go with PTSD.

It takes a lot of courage and lack of care for your own safety to be a good linebacker. You need to smack dudes in the mouth and use your own body to do it. If you've been seriously injured before, or if you don't really believe in the team you're on, it's pretty easy to start pulling back from contact like Roquan has been. Maybe he understands that getting himself injured in a game against the Saints that they'll never win because their quarterback is garbage is an awful business decision

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
if your QB has time after time shown he can't make reads properly why are these plays even in your book anymore? They're gonna need to give trubisky one read Cam Newton plays every time they want him to throw

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

ghosthorse posted:

if your QB has time after time shown he can't make reads properly why are these plays even in your book anymore? They're gonna need to give trubisky one read Cam Newton plays every time they want him to throw

He can't hit that one read tho

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I found the solution to the Bears' quarterback problems in a Wal-Mart claw machine. I just need a few dozen quarters first.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I found the solution to the Bears' quarterback problems in a Wal-Mart claw machine. I just need a few dozen quarters first.

just like the real thing, he'll drain you dry and in the end you'll have nothing

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Play posted:

just like the real thing, he'll drain you dry and in the end you'll have nothing

well some people want their milk ducts unclogged

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

PupsOfWar posted:

would the lions trade stafford for the best office chair in wisconsin

I mean.

How good of a chair we talkin' here.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Custom-made, Steelcase Gesture with embossed photos of the Russian Five on one arm and Bill Laimbeer w/ mask on the other.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Yeah it's the NFC North. It's always the wrong thread.