Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

The Laurel from this episode was the evil turned good Laurel, right? That’s why she knew Ollie and Dig so well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

omg chael crash posted:

The Laurel from this episode was the evil turned good Laurel, right? That’s why she knew Ollie and Dig so well?

Yes. That was Black Siren, aka Earth-2 Laurel, the one who's been on the show in the place of dead Earth-1 Laurel for like 4 years now. She went back to Earth-2 in between seasons and became that world's Black Canary until, oops, Earth-2 doesn't exist any more. She's now, seemingly, the last survivor of Earth-2, having hopped back to Earth-1 with Ollie and Dig at the end of the episode just in time.

Shame they couldn't take Tommy with them too though.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I figure Colin Is all tied up with that Dr. show

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
That was a pretty good episode...so far this and Flash seem to be staying on the right track this season.

The beard notwithstanding, I didn't recognize Josh Segarra at all.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Laterite posted:

Same here until they called him by name, but I tend to watch these shows while on the computer doing other stuff. I think Black Lightning is the only one I consistently sit down and just watch it without doing something else. If Arrow stays this good I'll probably do that though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was some A game season opener material. I guess when you only get 10 episodes you can ditch the bullshit.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Exactly. Just make it all killer, no filler. Go out on a high note.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Laterite posted:

That was a pretty good episode...so far this and Flash seem to be staying on the right track this season.

I mean, you should have watched enough seasons of Flash to know that it wont stay at that level for long.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I think the hope is that crisis will sorry of act as a definitive act break so they can't drag out one villain the whole season, but I'm sure the flash writers can prove me wrong on that.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

Yes. That was Black Siren, aka Earth-2 Laurel, the one who's been on the show in the place of dead Earth-1 Laurel for like 4 years now. She went back to Earth-2 in between seasons and became that world's Black Canary until, oops, Earth-2 doesn't exist any more. She's now, seemingly, the last survivor of Earth-2, having hopped back to Earth-1 with Ollie and Dig at the end of the episode just in time.

Shame they couldn't take Tommy with them too though.

This is such a petty annoyance to me but this episode showed the potential of just having Earth 1 Laurel become the Black Canary and not bogged down in BS. I get why you kept Ollie and Laurel apart because that way you could write them with more options to be with more characters and not be bogged down in their continuity but that costume and Katie Cassidy's attitude just feels a bit like wasted potential.

That being said, Amell and Ramsey being bros and keeping it (relatively) simple is going to carry this season anyways and Arrow beyond looks good too if you ask me.

Also, this universe seems to hate its heroes like its their business. How many times should Ollie be forced to watch his parents and loved ones die? Why does the speedforce let evil metas use it and then punish Barry for the evil speedsters?

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Xelkelvos posted:

I mean, you should have watched enough seasons of Flash to know that it wont stay at that level for long.

Quiet, you.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Goddamn it, I'm in the "poo poo now I gotta watch" camp. I gave up two or three episodes into season six, figuring that season five was a fantastic high to finish on.

Any tips on how much pain there is in Season 6 and 7? Is this "fold some laundry" bad or "gently caress it, I need several beers" woeful?

poo poo, I also gotta watch all of Black Lightning though. drat.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Narcissus1916 posted:

Goddamn it, I'm in the "poo poo now I gotta watch" camp. I gave up two or three episodes into season six, figuring that season five was a fantastic high to finish on.

Any tips on how much pain there is in Season 6 and 7? Is this "fold some laundry" bad or "gently caress it, I need several beers" woeful?

Season 6 starts decently (and there’s an excellent couple of episodes where Oliver goes on a little field trip with Slade) but somewhere after the half way point it degenerates into rubbish. Season 7 has an outstanding first half and a decent back half that does kinda fade away a bit in the last few episodes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Narcissus1916 posted:

Either power watch or watch Youtube recaps.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
It feels weird to be anticipating Arrow episodes rather than dreading them.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Holy Hell, aside from the Anti-Monitor narrating, Ollie's return to Earth-2 was EXACTLY like how the pilot started out! He was even on Lian Yu!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pretty sure that rooftop fight between Oliver and Tommy was the same from the Undertaking.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Vietnamwees posted:

Holy Hell, aside from the Anti-Monitor narrating, Ollie's return to Earth-2 was EXACTLY like how the pilot started out! He was even on Lian Yu!

Well there were some tweaks here and there but I'm like 99% sure a lot was literally reused footage from episode 1

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
With Ollie and Diggle going to different universes this season, they might actually run into the Jon Stewart Green Lantern.

I hope, anyway.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TwoPair posted:

Well there were some tweaks here and there but I'm like 99% sure a lot was literally reused footage from episode 1

The guys who found him I think. The lighting of the signal fire. I think him walking out on the beach might have been the only new footage in the opener.

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

That season opener was real good.

Question from someone who skimmed here and there last season: were the future scenes in this ep related to the future scenes from last season?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Yeah

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

mythicknight posted:

That season opener was real good.

Question from someone who skimmed here and there last season: were the future scenes in this ep related to the future scenes from last season?

Instead of Flashbacks last season, we got Flashforwards.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Kat McNamara has posted on social media that they started shooting the spinoff pilot today.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

That reminds me, Guggenheim posted this on Twitter last week
https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/status/1184159709026082816

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Rhyno posted:

Kat McNamara has posted on social media that they started shooting the spinoff pilot today.

Wait, are you saying we know for certain there’s gonna be an Arrow Beyond? I always hoped but I had no idea it was confirmed.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Unless something goes horribly wrong it is pretty much guaranteed with how much time and effort WB/CW has put into these characters. Still a toss up as to if they're going to bring Mia (and crew) back in time in order to save time and money on make up for the "and the Canaries" part of the cast.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I'm really enjoying this tour through the history of Arrow.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I'd enjoy it more if I remembered half the stuff they're talking about.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

howe_sam posted:

I'm really enjoying this tour through the history of Arrow.

nooneofconsequence posted:

I'd enjoy it more if I remembered half the stuff they're talking about.

It's been a lot of Arrow over the past 7 years, but as a denouement to the whole series, it's really good. I assume Ollie will hit up Russia and it'll end on Lian Yu

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Lmao, healing herbs, thank you show.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Aw poo poo, Our Lyla is Harbinger.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

So let's see, next episode is League of Assassins bullshit which tracks with season 3, that means episode four will be magic, episode five the cost of vigilantism, episode six...ugh Diaz, seven timelines colliding maybe? And then crisis?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

howe_sam posted:

So let's see, next episode is League of Assassins bullshit which tracks with season 3, that means episode four will be magic, episode five the cost of vigilantism, episode six...ugh Diaz, seven timelines colliding maybe? And then crisis?

That's a much better way to handle it than trying to cram everything into the final episode.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Except I was wrong because Hong Kong bullshit was also season 3. If they really were tracking back through the seasons in order, tonight would've had Mirakuru.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

howe_sam posted:

Except I was wrong because Hong Kong bullshit was also season 3. If they really were tracking back through the seasons in order, tonight would've had Mirakuru.

They had Deathstroke(s) though.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

This is so much fun to watch. Not just for the fun tribute to old seasons but everything is working well in pacing and the fight scenes are even in well-lit areas with trackable action.

E: I spoke too soon, they're back in a warehouse.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Oct 23, 2019

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Bruceski posted:

This is so much fun to watch. Not just for the fun tribute to old seasons but everything is working well in pacing and the fight scenes are even in well-lit areas with trackable action.

E: I spoke too soon, they're back in a warehouse.

Arrow being good is kinda blowing my mind

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Arrow being good is kinda blowing my mind

You think that's scary, Flash has been good for three straight weeks now! :aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

You think that's scary, Flash has been good for three straight weeks now! :aaa:

This season of Flash feels like everything they tried to do with Savitar killing Iris but actually done well in a form that avoids the "why can't we kill him early" issue. Mohinder as a foil of people dealing differently with a terminal illness isn't subtle, but works.