Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Motronic posted:

I really want to know what this actually is. I'd buy this other than the Alaska part. It's got to be some kind of cabin building or something......but that doesn't explain the metalwork. Everything else I can come up with excludes either the woodworking or the masonry.

Extremely advanced Warhammer construction

e: A shameful snipe, and so

My 28[f] fiance told me that she cheated on me 30[m] years ago and is now trying to say she made it all up after I told her that I wanted to break up.

quote:

A little bit of a back story. When my fiance and I first moved in together we had been together for 2 yrs. I worked while we stayed home. One day I came home early and my fiance and my neighbor walked out of my bedroom together as soon as I walked through the door. They were both fully dressed. I have questioned her on why they were in the bedroom together and her excuses have including things from fixing the internet and fixing the tv( neither were messed up btw) to he came over to borrow something. Then she started telling me she didn't really remember why they were in the bedroom. Recently I told her if she didn't really remember it must have been something really bad and she broke down and tears and told me she cheated on me with him and it went on for almost a month and including everything from full on sex to oral. She begged me not to leave her and asked me to promise that I wouldn't. After thinking about it for a few days I decided I couldn't be with someone who betrayed my trust like that and lied about it for over a decade. I told her I wanted to break up and while I was at work she had made a post on reddit saying she made it all up and when I asked her about it she said she lied because she didn't know what to tell me because she didn't remember why they were in there together. I don't know what to do. I don't understand why someone would lie about cheating plus she broke down in tears and begged me not to leave her before she told me. It seems like she's just trying to do damage control now that I told her I wanted to break up.

Tl;dr my gf said she cheated on me years ago. Broke down in tears when she told me. Begged me not to break up with her and now says it was all a lie after I told her I wanted to break up.

Blade Runner fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Oct 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

DemoneeHo posted:

Not that i'm accusing the OP of being bisexual herself, but it is a thing among men to engage in lots of gay sex and still identify as straight. Its so much of a thing that medical professionals call them MSMs or men who have sex with men.

"Are you gay or bi?"

"Straighter than Chuck Norris, doc."

"But you said you sucked 37 dicks while getting rammed by 5 dudes in the dark room of the Eagle this past Saturday night."

"Still straight, doc."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7K-kaelQEs

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Motronic posted:

I really want to know what this actually is. I'd buy this other than the Alaska part. It's got to be some kind of cabin building or something......but that doesn't explain the metalwork. Everything else I can come up with excludes either the woodworking or the masonry.

I was thinking casket building. Some religious traditions use stone coffins/sarcophagi.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I just want some opinions please. Me (f28), husband (m25), my parents (m,f, almost 50s)

My husband and I have been married 4 years, together 6. My parents were always VERY strict on many different things, me and my siblings were all homeschooled and very sheltered. When I was 23 years old I met my now husband, let's call him Jack. We weren't allowed to go places together, hug each other, call or text each other. The only thing we could do was he could come visit me at my house on the front porch while one of my siblings or parents sat outside with us and even then he wasn't allowed to stay for more than an hour. We weren't even allowed to see each other during the holidays. This went on for a year until we got engaged, my father never gave us his blessing BUT my grandfather did which was very important to us.

My grandfather became terminaly ill early on in our relationship. Because my grandfather was my best friend his being sick brought me and Jack even closer. After dating a year we got engaged. This is when things went South. During my lunch hour at work Jack and I started hanging out at his place and also visiting my grandfather in the hospital. Which was not allowed and was kept secret. Until my sweet grandfather told my mom that we had visited him one day. She blew up at me and said that I was being selfish and deceitful. I told her that we were only eating lunch or going to see my grandfather (her dad) and that's all. We were engaged, why were we still not allowed to see each other?

After this argument Jack and I had sex for the first time, we were going out and banned from seeing each other until the wedding. During this point in time my grandfather passed away. They allowed Jack to come to the funeral which was nice. 6 months later we were married. After the ceremony my parents wanted us to stay and help clean up but my grandmother (my mom's mom) and Jack's parents insisted that we go ahead and enjoy our honeymoon. After that my parents disowned Jack and I for over a year.

I tried to contact them and apologise for evening I had done that caused them pain but they never answered. When we got pregnant I decided to try to mend our relationship with my parents. They never officially apologized but have made strides to be more welcoming of us and our child. Do y'all think that we were in the wrong? Was it my parents? Do you think my mom was just acting out of sadness because she was losing her father? There were so many instances that I was treated unfairly growing up...I know my mom was abused as a child, maybe she was taking it out on us? Thankfully all is well now at least for the most part.

Tl;Dr: dated a year, engaged a year, married 4, together 6. Was my ailing grandfather the reason my parents were treating us so unfairly? Was my mom just in pain over his death? Disowned is after marriage. Now that we have a child we have reconnected. Still trying to put the pieces together.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
"Homeschooling" is the best thing that ever happened to abusive parents.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I just want some opinions please. Me (f28), husband (m25), my parents (m,f, almost 50s)

Do not let yourself get walled up by your crazy abusive parents again

For the love of god, montresor

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

I (28f), a new home owner, am thinking about breaking up with my low-income boyfriend (26m)

quote:

Ever since I bought a new home, the relationship between my partner and I has taken a nosedive. I have a stable job and decent income, which my partner of 3 years has always called attention to. Whenever he wanted me to pay for something, my partner would often say to me, "you earn 4x more than I do, you can afford it." I have paid over half of our rental fees in every rental we have lived in, even though he could afford it if he wanted to. This has been a touchy issue in our relationship, and looking back, I feel like I have been manipulated into paying more than my fair share. He also often brings up the point of being "egalitarian" with expenses, but I would like to save for myself.

In our last rental, my partner paid $600 while I paid $800 for rent PLUS utilities. For my new mortgage, I will be paying $2500 a month, which would be affordable to me on my own, but it would almost match my budget - I'd barely have anything to save. My partner, who doesn't know what he wants to do career wise (he says he wants to be a climate change advocate for his dream job, and truly thinks it's okay to pursue a passion job instead of make a decent income) just took a job that pays $1000 a month through Americorps (this is a one year contracted position). It's a supervisor position, which he says will come in handy later in order to apply for "dream job," whatever that is. He also has a side gig that helps him earn $75 a month. My partner wants to only pay $600 rent, no utilities, while living in my 3 bedroom house.

So, I got a roommate, which my partner is still deeply opposed to. I needed to save money to pay for home repairs. All I asked my partner to do was to pay $700, a flat rent amount for my house, no utilities, and he freaked out and said I was sucking him dry. He said that his monthly budget would be $950 if I charged him $700 rent - $150 of this budget being misc. expenses. He has $3000-$5000 saved in his bank account. He also dog sits occasionally and receives money from that. I don't understand why he can't even pay me a decent roommate rental fee.

Another thing is, because I now have an asset, I brought up the possibility of a prenup if we ever got married. My partner also freaked out to this, and said that only non-trusting couples get prenups.

Am I a terrible human being for wanting my partner to pay $700 for rent? He says I'm greedy, but am I? I love some qualities about him, but not how he views our financial differences.

Update: Many of you have posted concerns about my financial decision with the house, and I want to let everyone know that it's not like I would go into debt if I live in it on my own. I could afford this home, entirely on my own. I would like to fix up this house and make it personal, so I do want more saved up for that reason.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Jesus Christ how desperate was her husband to put up with 1 hour porch dates for a year? How the hell did they even meet?

DemoneeHo posted:

Do not let yourself get walled up by your crazy abusive parents again

For the love of god, montresor

Thankfully this seems to be the advice she's getting and she's acknowledging it.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Me (23F) and my boyfriend (26M) are terrified of a coworker (29M)

My boyfriend started working at my job around March of this year and he has made many great friends and acquaintances from there. We work in separate departments, so I rarely get to see the same people as he does and he is much more sociable than I am. However, a lot of people try to befriend him because of this and he’s a very kind man who doesn’t say no to having a friend no matter who they are.

The reason I’m writing all of this is because we both are in a pickle and we can’t seem to figure out how to approach this situation. My boyfriend recently became slightly close with a coworker (known for roughly 5 months now) who is very socially awkward and didn’t have many people talking to him. He recently found out that his father is very ill and his father is the only family he has left in his life. After he found out this news, he did not know how to deal with it and constantly works two jobs and is joining the army soon. So he just basically works everyday, doesn’t have time to rest, and doesn’t have time to see his father. My boyfriend had a chance to talk to our coworker about it since he has something similar occurring with his mother. My boyfriend also said if he wanted to ever chat about anything he was open to it.

Our coworker is an awkward and shy guy, but he also looks pretty harmless. An odd quirk he has is going to the restroom during work hours to text my boyfriend from the stall. They’re not simple “Hey how are you?” texts, they’re very long intricate texts about how he constantly feels, almost like a blog entry. We both understand it is his way of coping and to vent, but his texts started getting strange to us and eventually my boyfriend stopped replying to them and started talking to our coworker in person instead.

Our coworker constantly talks about an “evil side” that he has and it was contained because he had friends like my boyfriend and me. And his behavior started getting worse, he was writing letters to a woman he liked at work to express his feelings to her explaining he wanted a “friendship” like the other coworkers have at work. The woman got very creeped out and told my boyfriend to get him as far away as possible from her. After that there were more and more texts that my boyfriend and I skimmed through that all had essentially said things about him being glad to be friends with us and that he has an angry and evil side he’s trying to contain.

My boyfriend does tell him in person to focus on the army for now if that’s what he really wants to do, that way his mind would not be on too many things. He got turned down after asking other coworkers to go to lunch with him this week (it was really awkward the last time they all went together). Then he sent more texts to my boyfriend about how he doesn’t sleep for 24 hours and how his mind has been playing tricks on him. But to conclude all of this mess I’m trying to explain is that he has been acting more strange recently and it has been scaring me more and more everyday. We are not sure how to approach any of this and how to tell him that we do not want to have a closer relationship with him because of how mentally unstable he has been recently.

TL;DR: Coworker has been sending strange texts and boyfriend and I do not want to become close with him.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

cumshitter posted:

Jesus Christ how desperate was her husband to put up with 1 hour porch dates for a year? How the hell did they even meet?

Thankfully this seems to be the advice she's getting and she's acknowledging it.

every time you make a non-gimmicky post it messes with my head

stop it

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

razorrozar posted:

stop it

I'm much happier now that I believe there are no gimmick posts.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

razorrozar posted:

stop it

It's OK, cumshitter was making a joke about getting date (holes) on the porch. It's still about gay sex.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

cumshitter posted:

Deeply Evangelical energy there. He's probably also deeply religious in the same vein so conditioned to put up with it.

The fact that she doesn't mention this as a thing makes the case even stronger.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Smirking_Serpent posted:

This is when things went South.

I think things were already pretty Deep South.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Liquid Communism posted:

Deeply Evangelical energy there. He's probably also deeply religious in the same vein so conditioned to put up with it.

The fact that she doesn't mention this as a thing makes the case even stronger.

She comments that her parents are Baptist and implies that she is either nondenominational or agnostic

She says he had a much more normal youth social life and partied and stuff, which makes me think he's ugly as hell and finally met a gal who don't avoid looking him in the face

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My girlfriend [21 F] and I [21 M] had similar dreams last night and her sister [25 F] is causing problems because of it.

Last night I had a dream that my girlfriend and I accidentally adopted a dog from the shelter and didn’t know which dog it was. I told her and she said “woah that’s so crazy, I had a dream that an ugly dog wandered into the backyard and we had to take care of him.” I thought it was kind of cool.

Her sister has a “talent” of interpreting people’s dreams for them. My gf asked her sister what it meant and she said that it means something bad is going to happen between my gf and I soon. Now my girlfriend is all worried and scared saying something terrible is going to ruin our relationship soon. She really truly believes it. No matter what I say about how her sister doesn’t know for sure or is just guessing, she says she is still worried.

We’ve been dating almost two years, and i ur relationship is wonderful. We communicate with each other extremely well and have talked out every issue we’ve had until compromise/conclusion. We’re both very hopeful about our future and have no reason to worry. But now this is making her dreadful for our future.

What should I do? This is causing stupid problems for literally no reason.

tl;dr: my gf and I had similar dreams about a dog and her sister told her our relationship may be doomed because of it

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

DemoneeHo posted:

I (28f), a new home owner, am thinking about breaking up with my low-income boyfriend (26m)

Somebody is scared of losing his meal ticket.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My girlfriend [21 F] and I [21 M] had similar dreams last night and her sister [25 F] is causing problems because of it.

odds that the sister doesn't like the boyfriend and is trying to split them up?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

razorrozar posted:

Could go either way, lots of people who "interpret" dreams say dogs are an ill omen.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

It works! The day after the dream a bitch started causing problems in the relationship.

...the things I type for the sake of a pun...

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

razorrozar posted:

Is there any reasonable doubt? Also, dude should sever just because he is clearly dating an easily-led simpleton

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

cumshitter posted:

Jesus Christ how desperate was her husband to put up with 1 hour porch dates for a year?

You could say the same thing about people in long distance relationships. Like if you really want to he with (right or wrongly) you’ll put up with a lot to get to that end.

Sure it’s weird but :shrug: y’all ain’t gotta poo poo on him and her for that.

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE

Smirking_Serpent posted:

This is a self fulfilling prophecy

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

MarcusSA posted:

You could say the same thing about people in long distance relationships. Like if you really want to he with (right or wrongly) you’ll put up with a lot to get to that end.

Sure it’s weird but :shrug: y’all ain’t gotta poo poo on him and her for that.

That's nonsense. I'll let someone with more LDR experience comment on why that is an unfair comparison. The unfathomable part of this is how these 2 people even had the shared experiences in which attraction or love can form.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
I did some heavy duty LDR and yeah, I don't even know if I can articulate it, but that is way worse and stranger.

For starters LDR still has like y'know, privacy in conversations?

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
No relationship is real that doesn't include bitching about parents and siblings to one another.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I dunno I'm just sayin!

I just don't think its fair to poo poo on them for that.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

I (27F) think my (48M) boyfriend is going insane

quote:

A few months ago he became obsessed with serial killers. Everything he watches has to do with a serial killer.

Absolutely everything from the last several months that he has watched or read has to do with serial killers. He binge watched dexter, then moved on to the Jeffery dahmer movie, then ted Bundy and now he’s on a John Wayne gacy kick.

I would not normally think this would be something to warrant concern however last week he went out and spent almost a thousand dollars on clown costumes. He now comes home from work and dresses either as pogo the clown or patches the clown and stays in the clown costumes all night. On the weekends, when he does not have to work, he wears the clown costumes 24/7.

I expressed my concern to him but he does not see it as an issue.

Should I be concerned?

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Pinecone Sample posted:

your life is literally becoming a horror movie. should you be concerned? no. you should be gone.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Pinecone Sample posted:

It's kind of nice you didn't spoiler the age because that makes it easy to skip and give the double take later.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

DemoneeHo posted:

My GF (28F) Joked About Male Enlargement Pills, I (28M) Brushed it Off.... Two Days Later She Says "I Bought You Something.."

quote:

UPDATE/EDIT 1: Wow. This poo poo blew up faster than my penis if I would have taken those pills for 30 Days. MANY of you provided great feedback. THANK YOU. Yes, her and I are having a serious discussion about it tonight. I texted her during my lunch and she keeps apologizing and reminding me that no matter what she still loves me and that she should have realized this was not a good idea. She asked if I could talk to her on phone for a min or too and I agreed. I took her call. She's devastated and said that she is scared I won't trust her nor want to be physically intimate with her. She is very upset so I calmed her down. I told her I love her but that this needs to be seriously discussed and find a way to move on. Like may of you suggested I WILL NOT NOR PLAN ON TAKING THEM. And to everyone who said she is stupid/idiot, I get it. What she did is indeed stupid but she is not like that 99% of the time. Also, those of you how think this is a fake post: Kindly gently caress off.

Update/Edit 2: Getting a lot of "what is your size" questions. I have nothing to fear. Here it is: 5.1inches and proud of it.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I feel like the ".1" says more than the rest of the post

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I thought it was 9.1. This is very disconcerting.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

AITA for wanting my boyfriend to throw out his sex doll?

quote:

He bought it about 3 years before we started dating, and I kind of get it. He was depressed and had given up on relationships etc. at the time. It’s one of those relatively expensive ones ($1500-2000?) with crazy proportions (massive boobs and long legs, but a fairly small body). He told me about it (not in an awkward way, even if that might be hard to believe?) a few months before we started dating properly but were kind of seeing each other. I guess he didn’t want it to be a shock at a later date. It doesn’t really bother me what other people do in their private lives so we just joked about it and moved on. It’s not like he took it out for dinner or anything like that... he said he wondered why he bothered getting it at times. I just accepted it and almost completely forgot about it. Shortly after we started dating, he was moving some stuff around and put it into storage, and it’s stayed there ever since (I’ve never seen it).

HOWEVER Even though he doesn’t use it since we’ve been together or whatever, I just hate the thought of it being around... I’m not exactly sure why, but it just makes me uncomfortable to know it’s there. It’s not something you can easily discuss with others so I have no idea if this is a stupid controlling issue of mine, or if I’m justified to want him to throw it out. It’s not the idea of the doll itself, but just the idea of the person I’m specifically dating having something like that sitting in a box somewhere because it’s “too expensive to throw out”... I don’t know. I don’t like it.

Did I mess up by being okay with it before we were dating, and feeling like I’ve changed my mind 18 months later because the relationship between US is different? AITA? Thanks!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Anne Whateley posted:

I feel like the ".1" says more than the rest of the post

Reminds me of when I was proud of being half an inch taller than my dad. I don't know who this guy's measuring against but he's definitely got something to prove.

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE
He should break up with her for being stupid enough to think boner pills do anything

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for wanting my boyfriend to throw out his sex doll?

Make him put it in storage, if you're worried that he's secretly boning it on the side, then just know that the guards at those storage locker places recognize the sound of a man boning a sex doll and will attack without mercy.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...

Pinecone Sample posted:

this is a heartwarming tale of love against all the odds

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

goddamn its like a treasure trove of human misery itt on every page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

dudeness posted:

Make him put it in storage, if you're worried that he's secretly boning it on the side, then just know that the guards at those storage locker places recognize the sound of a man boning a sex doll and will attack without mercy.

Wanna know how I know you didn't read the whole post?