Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

ryde posted:

I like AOC but that seems kind of... dumb? Her staffers should be helping with that.

Who says they aren't?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

Gone already..anyone have a screenshot of what it was?

It was made up fake news that people eagerly ate up.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

TVs Ian posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kids_for_cash_scandal

And sometimes they'll outright bribe judges into sending kids to jail.

Oh Jesus I didn't even realise it was quite so direct

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

"In the 2016 election, both harshly criticized Mr. Trump. But they quickly spotted real potential for influencing his policies by making nice with him. They have been shrewd enough to recognize that Mr. Trump doesn’t really have friends and certainly had none in Washington, but that like everyone else out there, Mr. Trump needed a friend — and maybe even two."

Not sure "shrewd" is the needed word.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Ballz posted:

https://twitter.com/lrozen/status/1186815803766857729?s=21

Seriously y’all, disinformation flows both ways. How is it some rando on Twitter found an obviously doctored photo straight from the White House but nobody else knows where exactly it came from?

Let’s not help spread this until we know for sure it’s legit.

counterpoint

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

marshmonkey posted:

It was made up fake news that people eagerly ate up.

Listen I know for a fact that Barron trump is locked in a basement somewhere with a never ending queue of former staffers to photoshop out of pictures

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Is Bolton really that small? Wtf

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

Needs more future Conways.

Trump Floats Mulvaney Replacements Including Mnuchin and Conway
bloomberg.com/October 22, 2019, 12:53 PM CDT

Edit: 13 of them or so maybe.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ripoff posted:

Lindsey is currently sucking harder than a Henry vacuum, what more can a man do?

I wonder if his constant bootlicking of Trump is just making him stand out from all the senators that are keeping as quiet as possible. So when the Trumpers are looking for a scapegoat senator, well, might as well blame the first guy that comes to mind.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Jealous Cow posted:

Is Bolton really that small? Wtf

(he's not which is why its even more of a joke :ssh:)

just like this guy is
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1186830516231659520

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Was this posted yet?

https://twitter.com/joebiden/status/1186830433985748993?s=21

I’m not saying it’s 4D chess, but...

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

All these assholes know that the next phase of all this is public hearings, right? We're not going "Welp, done with the closed-session evidence gathering, time to vote for impeachment, everybody!"

By day 2 of the public hearings, they'll be begging for it to end.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Wylie posted:

All these assholes know that the next phase of all this is public hearings, right? We're not going "Welp, done with the closed-session evidence gathering, time to vote for impeachment, everybody!"

By day 2 of the public hearings, they'll be begging for it to end.

They know how bad that part will be, that's why they're laying the groundwork of just calling it all fake or fine if the president does it. They've made sure the base knows how to defend the indefensible, and they will. Trump will lose very little support over public hearings no matter what but what he does lose will be enough.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

The Merkinman posted:

So why are the impeachment inquires behind closed doors?

Were the Clinton and Nixon ones that way too?

yes and no

Nixon and Clinton both had extensive grand jury investigations conducted by a special counsel and independent counsel before the impeachment proceedings independent of the congressional proceedings

the Democrats are forgoing those because they can't get an independent counsel (no one renewed it because of Starr's conduct), and don't trust Barr to appoint special counsel

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Dems: This is about strong arming countries to interfere in our election

Repubs: what even are words? How do we really know that chairs work the way we think they do? Why is whispering quiet and yelling is loud? How do stickers work?

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

empty whippet box posted:

They know how bad that part will be, that's why they're laying the groundwork of just calling it all fake or fine if the president does it. They've made sure the base knows how to defend the indefensible, and they will. Trump will lose very little support over public hearings no matter what but what he does lose will be enough.

Also they know how bad this poo poo currently is going for trump, right now.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Yet another night, taxed, anyway:

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Ben Shapiro sits bolt upright from his matchbox bed, sweating and profusely parched. He has no idea why, but looks longingly at his phone...

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

The Merkinman posted:

So why are the impeachment inquires behind closed doors?

Matters of national security are being discussed. At least some of the testimony is happening in Congress' SCIF. You can discuss any sensitive topics in one, but god help you if you leak anything, because your lawyers can't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensitive_Compartmented_Information_Facility

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

:siren: It'd be really cool if everyone could screenshot their tweets. Nothing is sticking around for long that's worth posting in here.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Oct 23, 2019

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Zesty posted:

:siren: It'd be really cool if everyone could screenshot their tweets. Nothing is sticking around for long if it's worth posting in here.

It was all bullshit in the end so you’re not missing anything.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Ballz posted:

seriously when newsy tweets get deleted it's very safe to assume they were just wrong/bogus.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Ballz posted:

2019.txt

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Ballz posted:

humanity.txt

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Ballz posted:

Thread title

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Ballz posted:

:rip:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ballz posted:

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

OAquinas posted:

Ben Shapiro sits bolt upright from his matchbox bed, sweating and profusely parched. He has no idea why, but looks longingly at his phone...

Shapiro has already used his dummy account to DM her for pics of her feet and no one will convince me otherwise.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Flesh Forge posted:

seriously when newsy tweets get deleted it's very safe to assume they were just wrong/bogus.

Great. I think we'd like to see what politicians post that got a reaction that scared them into deleting it.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

"This statement is a lie?"

or

"Where is your charging port?" while brandishing a tube of epoxy.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Pat Sajak: "The puzzle clue is Before and After, addendum, the worst person you can imagine."

"Pat, I'd like to solve: Chad Wolf Blitzer."

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

saintonan posted:

On the next PPP poll or whatever, I want to see them ask people if they know what "quid pro quo" means. Conservatives have been told that there wasn't this thing that they don't understand, so all Trump flacks have to do is keep saying "no quid pro quo" over and over and their base won't even understand they're lying.

Donnie thinks its squid and is very very angry people think he eats squid.

Also skimming backwards right now and I dont see any horse shoe crab trivia to go with page 691's tax pic.

They have blue blood and apparently this blood is very important for the biomedical industry and climate change making it hard for them could be very bad news for the entire medical system.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Running scared rear end in a top hat? :dunkedon:
This gigantic turd isn't even technically lying here under formal Mathematics rules: as there are no D lies then technically his "sources" (his and the GOP's rear end) are debunking every single one of them. Pity there's no fairness doctrine to steamroll disinformation and blatant lies like this one.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
So today was really huge, right? won't the next three days also be really huge? I was kinda caught off guard by this Bill Taylor testimony stuff, is there more poo poo like this coming tomorrow?

Sinister_Beekeeper
Oct 20, 2012

empty whippet box posted:

So today was really huge, right? won't the next three days also be really huge? I was kinda caught off guard by this Bill Taylor testimony stuff, is there more poo poo like this coming tomorrow?

Expect a slowdown the rest of the week because things were pushed back for Elijah Cummings' funeral and memorials.

whiggles
Dec 19, 2003

TEAM EDWARD

Slowpoke! posted:

Was this posted yet?

https://twitter.com/joebiden/status/1186830433985748993?s=21

I’m not saying it’s 4D chess, but...

can't wait until he pulls a 180 and reminds everyone that Clinton was our first black president so it wasn't racist when he said it

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Zesty posted:

Great. I think we'd like to see what politicians post that got a reaction that scared them into deleting it.

Politicians deleting tweets is a different thing, I mean journalist tweets.
e: although I'm using "journalist" very loosely here

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

cr0y posted:

Dems: This is about strong arming countries to interfere in our election

Repubs: what even are words? How do we really know that chairs work the way we think they do? Why is whispering quiet and yelling is loud? How do stickers work?

loving magnets man

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sinister_Beekeeper posted:

Expect a slowdown the rest of the week because things were pushed back for Elijah Cummings' funeral and memorials.

ah yes, exactly as he would have wanted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

https://twitter.com/carterforva/status/1186821958379409408?s=21