Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Run around the plains breaking iradite clusters and jars at camps. Beyond that you can run the first tier bounties, as you'll get a bunch of them incidentally and also as rewards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I ran into the same problem early on trying to accumulate materials for my Archwing Launcher. What I did was: activate a Tier 5 bounty, which raises both enemy level and increases Grokdrul/Iradite deposit value. What I'd do was turn on Rhino Iron Skin, beeline for the Grineer base northwest of Cetus, smash all the crates and open all the vaults, and immediately retreat out.

Alternatively, do public bounties, let other people carry you, loot everything lying on the ground. There's a nightwave challenge to do Plains bounties going on this week, and so the population of people who could carry you through them early on is going to be quite high.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Don't thumpers drop both in large quantity?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Screaming Idiot posted:

K-drive across the plains like a futuristic hoverboard Mad Max raider

ALSO WHY IS THERE NOT A hosed-UP JUNKYARD-STYLE WARFRAME YET

nidus?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Kesper North posted:

Don't thumpers drop both in large quantity?

If you have to ask about farming it, I'd wager you're not set up for the fast mass thumper extinction required to get large quantities.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Is there a trick to killing thumpers other than "use really big guns" because its kinda slow for me

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

StashAugustine posted:

Is there a trick to killing thumpers other than "use really big guns" because its kinda slow for me

Use a buffed-up radiation-element Lanka and aimglide to avoid getting tusk-thumped.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

StashAugustine posted:

Use a slowva with a full squad
(but still bring your really big guns)
does nekros work to double drops? if so he should come too.

For T5 domas at least. For just random low level thumpers i've solod them with ivaras prowl and exalted bow from close range.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

prefect posted:

I have been doing mine with Rhino. With Iron Skin, the health/shield reduction does not matter. It's just so slooow. :(

Range+Efficiency, Rhino Charge.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Another trick I've heard about is to use Zenurik Temporal Blast and clap that thumper rear end.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

StashAugustine posted:

Slowva and a Redeemer Prime was my loadout for thumper farming.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Phobophilia posted:

Another trick I've heard about is to use Zenurik Temporal Blast and clap that thumper rear end.

That's what I did. Wisp so I don't die to all the grineer spawning around me, Zenurik punch to slow down (note: thumpers sometimes just decide it doesn't count) and a Gaze to tear them apart.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

it's a crime you can't shoot from and use frame powers from the kdrive

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Turtlicious posted:

Whats the easiest way to farm grokdrul and iradite

Grokdrul and Iradite have the wierd property that the number of units they drop scales to the level of the instance. Normally, they're like 1 unit per resource node, but if you crank the instance level to 50 they drop 3 or 4 per node. So take the second-to-highest bounty, and ignore the mission and just run around looking for resource nodes.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Unperson_47 posted:

it's a crime you can't shoot from and use frame powers from the kdrive

Toggle or timed powers will stay active when you get onboard a kdrive. Just zooming around with Gara's death cloud murdering everything.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Synthbuttrange posted:

Toggle or timed powers will stay active when you get onboard a kdrive. Just zooming around with Gara's death cloud murdering everything.
Also fun with a 30 second invis loki. Just corpus getting run over by an empty k-drive, and of course they don't get bothered or alerted by it - theres clearly no evil warframe to be seen around!

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
K-Drive repeatedly dropped me underneath the world, and unstuck would just teleport me to right beneath the world again.

After hours of grinding I now have a functioning arch wing launcher. Once I get Oberon and a decent sniper rifle, I'll be able to eidolon and farm sentient cores :swoon:4

I'm coming for you end game.

What's the best way to pay pig your way to the end game? Like what frames are super bad rear end? What guns at MR8 could I get to really tear poo poo up.

I have a soma prime and it's god tier.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Acceltra is really good and MR8

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Turtlicious posted:

What's the best way to pay pig your way to the end game? Like what frames are super bad rear end? What guns at MR8 could I get to really tear poo poo up.

Fulmin, Acceltra, Lenz, Cyanex, and Pandero are all MR8 and among my favorite weapons in the game right now.

All frames are beautiful and what I use more often than not boils down to a combination of mood and what kind of mission I'm doing.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

acceltra is so good

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
If you just plat-trade a couple of cheap prime frame sets and slots you'll be out of single digit MRs really quickly. You can even rush them and/or get an affinity booster if you're really in a hurry and want to cut down on your NOS leveling. Look up a cheesy way to get past the MR9 test tho.

When it comes to personal favorites there's actually only a few notable ones still locked at MR8. At MR9 you get the Ignis wraith (ask someone in the clan who's giving out blueprints), and the Phantasma (more silly spectacle than broken). MR10 follows up with Amprex and Arca Plasmor. 12 has Rubico Prime and Pyrana, 14 the Opticor vandal (gated behind fractures anyway). But personal preferences and situational usefulness varies of course.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Good god don't plat boost your way up the MR chain. You know what's waiting for you? More MR. Only now instead of discovering new things and playing with everything for a bit you're just grinding levels using one good weapon and cycling through random frames/guns/pets you'll never remember.

Helter Skelter posted:

All frames are beautiful

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I need to pile up a bunch of finishers in order to unveil a relic. What's the easiest way to do this? Loki? Or Equinox with that sleep power? Or I think I hear people talking about Ivara as very stealthy.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Sparring charge attacks do finishers, inaros is good for finishers, in general finishers are pretty easy to get.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

RoadCrewWorker posted:

You can even rush them and/or get an affinity booster if you're really in a hurry and want to cut down on your NOS leveling.

btw one of my favorite levelling spots right now is the new Lua Disruption node (Apollo):

you get Sentient Cores for Quills, every round is a random Axi Relic (including A6 for Atlas Prime!), and the affinity is through the roof, and sometimes people do the puzzles so you get free Drift mods

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

prefect posted:

I need to pile up a bunch of finishers in order to unveil a relic. What's the easiest way to do this? Loki? Or Equinox with that sleep power? Or I think I hear people talking about Ivara as very stealthy.

All these are good options.

I've also had good work done by Valkyr's 3, if I remember correctly, I don't use it too much, it cuts into the rest of my screeching melee fun.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

prefect posted:

Excalibur's Radial Blind is pretty easy too.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Tylana posted:

Excalibur's Radial Blind is pretty easy too.

Or a fatal teleport Ash.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

prefect posted:

Nobody gonna mention Inaro's?

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
if there was one frame worth dropping plat for I'd say it's nidus

I farmed atlas solo using the stock archwing equipment, it took a long time to kill but idk why everybody seems to talk about it like it's the plane of eternal wailing and gnashing of teeth.

go to Jordas's 5 or 7 o' clock
shoot anything that followed you
unload your gun on that jordass
keep enough ammo in your gun to deal with missiles should they show up
when he fucks off to the other side of the map, chase him and stick to his 5 or 7
repeat until he dies

the key to this strategy is that you are typically staying far enough away from the adds to aggro them, and I Think getting too close to jordas is bad too so thats why you shoot him and not melee him
make sure your archwing gun is equipped with whatever jordas's health/armor type is weak to, or at least make sure you can strip the armor off eventually
use your evasive ability when you got the "incoming poo poo" popup

oh right now that atlas prime is here you only really need to do jordas for getting atlas for Mastery Rank

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Oct 23, 2019

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

prefect posted:

Ivara backstabs from prowl count. You hit 3, casually walk up behind a few dudes on a solo capture mission or something, hit x. Before i had ivara inaros was the easiest, but the timing is a little tighter.

Depending on the challenge modifier it's done in a few minutes.

Mailer posted:

Good god don't plat boost your way up the MR chain.
Yeah, i wasn't implying rushing builds and playing NOS for hours was a remotely good idea, just that the MR limitations are much less of an issue than he might think - there's tons of decent stuff to try even in single digits, and trying it will push you into the teens trivially, where the only hard gate left is rivens. And if he's sitting on 4k plat from a 75% it's a better way to burn plat than buying out the ingame market or something.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Oct 23, 2019

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Nalesh posted:

Sparring charge attacks do finishers, inaros is good for finishers, in general finishers are pretty easy to get.

Inaros plus Skiajati wound up doing most of the work. It was a lot of fun, throwing sand in peoples' faces like I'm Mr. Fuji, and then stabbing them.

I think I'm happy with the results.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

NextTime000 posted:

I farmed atlas solo using the stock archwing equipment, it took a long time to kill but idk why everybody seems to talk about it like it's the plane of eternal wailing and gnashing of teeth.

He has a lot of health and most people don't chunk his health with Velocitus and Odonata's 1.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I've been told that a good way to use nightwave creds is buying auras and selling them for plat. Is enemy radar a good choice for this? Do I hodl the auras until they rotate out? help

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

BMan posted:

I've been told that a good way to use nightwave creds is buying auras and selling them for plat. Is enemy radar a good choice for this? Do I hodl the auras until they rotate out? help
Enemy Radar is not a good one for this, no.

Corrosive Projection, Steel Charge, and Energy Siphon are the ones you want to look out for.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Zereth posted:

... Syndicate... Frames? :confused:

I just realized I was mixing up the sacrifices on the wiki for the things you could get from the syndicate, lol.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
How long does an intermission last? Is it even possible to get that Umbra Forma before the next Nightwave campaign starts?

Latest weapon experiment is Komorex. Give me a Komorex Prime with beefier crit and it'd be a favorite, but its a pretty lackluster status hybrid weapon as it is.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

komorex is probably the worst gun theyve put out in recent memory

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Chocobo posted:

How long does an intermission last? Is it even possible to get that Umbra Forma before the next Nightwave campaign starts?

Until it ends. Presumably they're planning on keeping this one up long enough for people to comfortably be able to get everything, so figure 10 weeks minimum. Possibly longer, depending on how other things they're working on end up going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
yeah since there's a fair amount of actual content coming out they'll probably keep the intermission NW up for quite some time