Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Balfour got unseated in 1906, and he was infinitely more competent than Joris Bohnson.

Interesting comparison given that both are also primus motor for endless suffering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

The bank of mum & dad is now a state owned investment vehicle

I heard your mumbank went public a long time ago.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
loving hell

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1186925765939683328?s=20

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Operation yellowhammer off to a good start I see.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Holy poo poo that's grim

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

DesperateDan posted:

A pre xmas election only makes me sad because I'm probably still going to be too ill to do leafleting or letter folding or whatever they get people who are too socially awkward/anxious to do other than doorstepping

Sign up for one of the various Momentum teams, my son, you can do all sorts of useful online stuff from the comfort of your bedroom!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Miftan posted:

Please don't doxx me
Saw this and thought of you.

DesperateDan posted:

I haven't heard it called that, but from experience of greasy spoons/independent sandwich shops, terminology is quite varied and unique with sandwiches named after patrons or local landmarks etc
I've been healthy/lazy/cheap recently and haven't had a bacon and sausage bap in like a year or something and now I want one :(

big scary monsters posted:

What is it called with smoked salmon underneath, cos that's what I had this morning.

If it isn't named already I propose "fisherman's hole".
Eggs royale I think. Because they use the metric system.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

e: yeah, it's eggs royale if it's with salmon

I hope I live to 150 so they can bring back the pre sugar tax version

CGI Stardust posted:

My step-bank takes advantage of my financial predicament

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Vitamin P posted:

And btw Labour lefts chances will always feel shaky, if they don't feel shaky it's because we're cucking.

Um. What.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
My coal fire left me because I was cucking with gas. :radcat:

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Today's twitter challenge: Find me a fubpee who is claiming that the lorry story is was done by brexiteers to keep brexit out of the news.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

That is loving grim.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Vitamin Pepe

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Guavanaut posted:

I've been healthy/lazy/cheap recently and haven't had a bacon and sausage bap in like a year or something and now I want one :(

Eggs royale I think. Because they use the metric system.

Local place that's run out of a caravan has got this, I think I'd prefer a burger tho.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Guavanaut posted:

That quote is 100% right, and if there were a substantial amount of philosophers who aren't up their own butt about their profession, I would recommend one on literally every committee ever because they are an absolute asset to every decision making process. Nobody needs some asshile piping up with the trolley problem in bioethics boards but you definitely need someone to poo poo on the doctrine of double effect on committees that deal with abortion (but not for the obvious reasons).

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

DesperateDan posted:

A pre xmas election only makes me sad because I'm probably still going to be too ill to do leafleting or letter folding or whatever they get people who are too socially awkward/anxious to do other than doorstepping

I haven't heard it called that, but from experience of greasy spoons/independent sandwich shops, terminology is quite varied and unique with sandwiches named after patrons or local landmarks etc

Such as this morning's wonderful treat could be equally called a fried egg slice or egg in a basket to me, but "bullseye eggs", "eggs in a frame", "egg in a hole", "gashouse eggs", "gasthaus eggs", "hole in one", "one-eyed Jack", "one-eyed Pete", "pirate's eye" and "popeye" are all other names for it according to google

That's an "eggy window" friend

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

CGI Stardust posted:

My step-bank takes advantage of my financial predicament

:eyepop:

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

DesperateDan posted:

Such as this morning's wonderful treat could be equally called a fried egg slice or egg in a basket to me, but "bullseye eggs", "eggs in a frame", "egg in a hole", "gashouse eggs", "gasthaus eggs", "hole in one", "one-eyed Jack", "one-eyed Pete", "pirate's eye" and "popeye" are all other names for it according to google

Always heard it called a bullseye in norn iron, if you're keeping an eggstats.xls

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

DesperateDan posted:

goatsegg.cx

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Seems like we are being treated to the second ever Boris Johnson PMQs today. Should be fun.

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

DesperateDan posted:

was trying to remember what tv series i'd seen that in

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Came to post this, it's a sickener.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
We called that thing "bready-egg-with-a-hole-in-the-middle" when I was a kid, no joke. But then, Cork people have always been extremely literal.

https://twitter.com/Royal__Yellow/status/1077652610923094018?s=19

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

DesperateDan posted:

Load in the hole

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
My dad used to call them "texas one eye" when we were kids.

V fries bread and eggs in a revolutionary act.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z98Mw4NQLIg

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider
I wouldn't be surprised if Boris gets parachuted into a safe seat for the election because that would be tactically sensible just in case, and also because he's a self-serving coward ;)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Miftan posted:

That quote is 100% right, and if there were a substantial amount of philosophers who aren't up their own butt about their profession, I would recommend one on literally every committee ever because they are an absolute asset to every decision making process. Nobody needs some asshile piping up with the trolley problem in bioethics boards but you definitely need someone to poo poo on the doctrine of double effect on committees that deal with abortion (but not for the obvious reasons).
Please do not let Peter Singer eat the children.

(Isn't double effect usually used mostly to discuss very late term abortions that are a matter of threat to life, the type of thing that doctors in NI faced prosecution for until yesterday, rather than access to early termination as a right?)

sebzilla posted:

That's an "eggy window friend"

Failed Imagineer posted:

We called that thing "bready-egg-with-a-hole-in-the-middle" when I was a kid, no joke. But then, Cork people have always been extremely literal.

I got that reaction when an American asked what the brown sauce you put on pies is called.

There should be more of that kind of thing, provided that it comes from a genuine place and not Owen Smith saying "I ad a long bread wif me frothy coffee guv'nor"

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

DesperateDan posted:

Eggs in a Nest, friendo.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

DesperateDan posted:

Ovum Crannies, I have heard. And Yellow Eye Shelters.

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said

Braggart posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Boris gets parachuted into a safe seat for the election because that would be tactically sensible just in case, and also because he's a self-serving coward ;)

He's being lined up for one of the safe seats vacated by Tory MPs being chucked out; they're keeping it under wraps as long as possible to stymie the local 'get boris' campaign. He'll not be re-elected in Uxbridge.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Braggart posted:

Are any Tories in safe seats stepping down? Would any of them give up their seat for Bojo? Not saying it won't happen, but it basically concedes Uxbridge and is a really bad look.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
Oaf's bread / the oaf's breakfast

for two slices, Goggle-Eyed Jimmy

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
My mum called them toad-in-the-hole, but a quick Google informs me she was dead wrong.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

BizarroAzrael posted:

Are any Tories in safe seats stepping down? Would any of them give up their seat for Bojo? Not saying it won't happen, but it basically concedes Uxbridge and is a really bad look.

soames won't be getting the whip back and his seat is safe

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

That's eggs in a basket.

Toad in the hole is sausage and gravy in a yorkshire pudding.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

CGI Stardust posted:

the oaf's breakfast

Sounds like someone was just insulting you with this one, possibly your parents?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's failed French, like most English monarchs and words for food.

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

BizarroAzrael posted:

I don't think it would concede Uxbridge at all, another Tory candidate might do better. However I can also see Bojo holding on (just) sadly, too many Lib Dems out there and there's the name recognition, but depends on how effectively Labour can put the squeeze on.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Seems like a waste when you can make eggy bread with the same ingredients

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Isn't that how most words come about anyway? I mean baguette is derived from "stick" in French so if we invented it ourselves I'm sure we'd call it longbread anyway. Croissant is literally crescent, they named it after what shape it is, it's not like they pulled a new word out of their rear end.