Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Khablam posted:

e: lady buyer was brave to say "it looks [like a penis]" then proceed to fellate it on TV.

That was an utterly gratuitous, Mary Whitehouse seance moment. I expect a haughtily read letter or two on Points of View on Sunday :bahgawd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I'm enjoying this season of GBBO even though people seem to be mad that the tasks are hard.
So many people on twitter saying this year's bakers are rubbish when really the tasks are just MUCH harder than usual and they're doing the best they can.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Enjoying The Circle, only started watching this series but caught on series 1, interesting to see how it has changed since then.

The Apprentice toy task is a classic for terrible ideas.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Watched HIGNFY for the first time in aeons last night (the Martin Clunes one). Thought it was still pretty good, and glad to see Paul Merton still no-sells other peoples jokes. Kinda felt bad for Sara Pascoe trying to take on Ian Merton in something he's obviously going to be far more knowledgeable about, but fair play to her and her comment about the media wasn't exactly unfounded.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

They really need to drop the 20 minute nonsense from the start of apprentice. It's so obviously not real when it starts off pitch black and it's daytime when they leave, come on.

And them calling each other lovely fucks in the board room and all being super pally in the house at the end. Yea I know it's "not real" but hanging a lamp on the fakeness just doesn't do it any favours.

Also I can't believe how much the UK side of the TVIV has totally loving died this year, where is everyone?!

Taear fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Oct 16, 2019

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I've been a bit busy having an affair it's difficult doing that and also keeping up with TV and then posting about it. I'm sorry.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Something something robots.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
If my mistress caught me having an intimate moment with a robot I think she'd offer encouragement. Hell, she might join in.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Thomas is growing on me and I really don't understand why

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Enjoying The Circle, only started watching this series but caught on series 1, interesting to see how it has changed since then.

The team that won came up with a My Little Pony knockoff and a tiny tub of slime. It would be a poo poo thing to even get in one of those eggs from those machines they used to have outside Happy Shoppers and that. One of them kept talking about how you could wrap the tiny unicorn in the slime :aaa:

I suppose it was a marginally less terrible idea than aiming a turtle doll that says nice things when you push a button on it at kids who play Fortnite and are glued to phones all day :/

crispix fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Oct 18, 2019

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Caught up on Apprentice. Like Iasha, and Ryan-Mark needs to get sacked ASAP.

Dunno how you can gently caress up making a nice tasting ice lolly but after 15 seasons i can't be surprised by the level of gently caress-up anymore. Toy task was a little better as in i could see the turtle toy being on the shelf in a discount store and slime being a current enough kids toy fad at least.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

Robodog posted:

Caught up on Apprentice. Like Iasha, and Ryan-Mark needs to get sacked ASAP.

Dunno how you can gently caress up making a nice tasting ice lolly but after 15 seasons i can't be surprised by the level of gently caress-up anymore. Toy task was a little better as in i could see the turtle toy being on the shelf in a discount store and slime being a current enough kids toy fad at least.

I assume there must be something in the brief that is unaired in the food tasks which says "you're flavour must be balls to the wall crazy".

Like just make a basic lemon lime ice lolly. I guarantee you'll outsell lavender and pine needle or what ever the gently caress insane flavour you come up with instead.

Edit. I've always been curious about the behind the scenes workings of the apprentice as a whole. Obviously the corporate offers aren't real because no buying department is buying poo poo knocked together by idiots with no experience in under 24 hours. So what's to stop them making obscenely high/low orders just because they like/dislike one team more than the other with no bearing on the product?

Tea Bone fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Oct 20, 2019

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

crispix posted:

The team that won came up with a My Little Pony knockoff and a tiny tub of slime. It would be a poo poo thing to even get in one of those eggs from those machines they used to have outside Happy Shoppers and that. One of them kept talking about how you could wrap the tiny unicorn in the slime :aaa:

I suppose it was a marginally less terrible idea than aiming a turtle doll that says nice things when you push a button on it at kids who play Fortnite and are glued to phones all day :/

I didn't watch the show or anything but 'cool animal you pull out of slime' is ALREADY a product for sale (in the US)

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Tea Bone posted:

I assume there must be something in the brief that is unaired in the food tasks which says "you're flavour must be balls to the wall crazy".

Like just make a basic lemon lime ice lolly. I guarantee you'll outsell lavender and pine needle or what ever the gently caress insane flavour you come up with instead.

Edit. I've always been curious about the behind the scenes workings of the apprentice as a whole. Obviously the corporate offers aren't real because no buying department is buying poo poo knocked together by idiots with no experience in under 24 hours. So what's to stop them making obscenely high/low orders just because they like/dislike one team more than the other with no bearing on the product?

I mean that's exactly what they do with the buy orders - that's why the story being laid out by squeaky voiced lady managed to get them an order.

And I think they're just that sort of person. Why have lemon lime when you can make something super exciting and exclusive? To be honest I'd do that too!

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Anyone else enjoy The Capture? It manages to be quite gripping and unnerving (just because all the tech involved does actually exist), while also being fun and silly. Only beef is that the main lady has quite an annoying voice, and has way too many moments of 'purposeful stride and pout'. Although maybe that's meant to deliberately make her look silly, given the revelations as the show progresses...

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
There's a Norwegian Taskmaster ('Kongen Befaler', 'The King Commands') and someone :filez: it on Reddit with subtitles. Watching people be stupid works in any language...

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

The Perfect Element posted:

Anyone else enjoy The Capture? It manages to be quite gripping and unnerving (just because all the tech involved does actually exist), while also being fun and silly. Only beef is that the main lady has quite an annoying voice, and has way too many moments of 'purposeful stride and pout'. Although maybe that's meant to deliberately make her look silly, given the revelations as the show progresses...

Yeah I liked it, the big name actor reveal in episode 2 had me rolling though. What a brilliant guy to get for something so silly

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Heh. Obviously they can’t touch or it’ll all explode.

https://twitter.com/alexwinterstv/status/1185900356393488384

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I had no idea who the other guy was until I saw the twitter name and thought ‘wait, there’s no S in Winter’

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
now do Tony Hawk and Tony Hawks.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I love that we live in a world where everyone thinks Tony Hawks is Tony Hawk, and nobody believes that Tony Hawk is Tony Hawk. I wonder if Tony Hawk has ever been mistaken for Tony Hawks though, and been sent confusing emails from kids who can’t spell who won’t shut up about fridges.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

EL BROMANCE posted:

I love that we live in a world where everyone thinks Tony Hawks is Tony Hawk, and nobody believes that Tony Hawk is Tony Hawk. I wonder if Tony Hawk has ever been mistaken for Tony Hawks though, and been sent confusing emails from kids who can’t spell who won’t shut up about fridges.

There have definitely been times (mostly as a kid since I don't see him on TV much anymore) I've been disappointed that it was Tony Hawks on a show.

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK
Going to book the day off work so I can binge season 3 of The Crown but unsure what I actually need off. Netflix says it’s out on “the 17th November” so will that be 00:01 on the 17th? Or will it be later in the day so I need the next day off if I’m up half the night?

Everyone is winding me up that I’m taking a day off to watch a TV show but one of my colleagues once took a week off because his dog was lonely so I’m not too bothered.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

duckmaster posted:

Going to book the day off work so I can binge season 3 of The Crown but unsure what I actually need off. Netflix says it’s out on “the 17th November” so will that be 00:01 on the 17th? Or will it be later in the day so I need the next day off if I’m up half the night?

Everyone is winding me up that I’m taking a day off to watch a TV show but one of my colleagues once took a week off because his dog was lonely so I’m not too bothered.

It releases at midnight PST.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

duckmaster posted:

Jesus Christ duckmaster, what.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
My strategy is taking a day of when I especially don't feel like going to work, and then using that day for many things including, but not limited to, binging TV shows.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

So for the first time since it began I've not been watching Taskmaster religiously and I've finally caught up.

It's not as good this series. Baddiel is annoying unless he's in a team task with Jo Brand, Rose Mattafeo is just kinda there, Katy Wix seems to be holding back a lot (and gently caress replacing her with Katherine Ryan for that one episode - seriously Avalon, inviting the most irritating contestant in TM history back, really?) and as much I hate to say it regarding the tasks themselves, they seem to be running out of ideas.

I'll keep watching it though because it's still better than every other panel show that isn't Would I Lie to you.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Tonight on The Apprentice they design a new electric bike for a trade exhibition :shrek:

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Dell_Zincht posted:

So for the first time since it began I've not been watching Taskmaster religiously and I've finally caught up.

It's not as good this series. Baddiel is annoying unless he's in a team task with Jo Brand, Rose Mattafeo is just kinda there, Katy Wix seems to be holding back a lot (and gently caress replacing her with Katherine Ryan for that one episode - seriously Avalon, inviting the most irritating contestant in TM history back, really?) and as much I hate to say it regarding the tasks themselves, they seem to be running out of ideas.

I'll keep watching it though because it's still better than every other panel show that isn't Would I Lie to you.

She was replaced by Kerry Godliman wasn't she? Unless she's away for FOUR episodes?

I still like the tasks and I'm enjoying kinda...laughing at how poo poo Baddiel is. Like I said before it feels a lot like he just goes with whatever his first idea is without spending any time thinking at all.

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

crispix posted:

Tonight on The Apprentice they design a new electric bike for a trade exhibition
Design, my arse. It'll be one of those tasks where they have to sell someone elses products at a tradeshow. One team will go for high-value hoping to sell a few products for high profit. The other team will go for low-value, high quantity.

Whichever team loses, Alan will say they picked the wrong strategy, whether they did or not. And this may or may not be consistent with his opinion from previous series'.

I'm getting pretty cynical and tired of the Apprentice "format" now...

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Slash posted:

Design, my arse. It'll be one of those tasks where they have to sell someone elses products at a tradeshow. One team will go for high-value hoping to sell a few products for high profit. The other team will go for low-value, high quantity.

Whichever team loses, Alan will say they picked the wrong strategy, whether they did or not. And this may or may not be consistent with his opinion from previous series'.

What I really really dislike is when it's close or they fail because of one specific person and Alan lays into the whole team saying they're poo poo and worthless.
I get that they've lost but it's just annoying.

Then they're kicking off at each other really badly....and they go back to the house and are all great with each other.

I understand it's not "real" but loving hell at least pretend.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Taear posted:

She was replaced by Kerry Godliman wasn't she? Unless she's away for FOUR episodes?

I still like the tasks and I'm enjoying kinda...laughing at how poo poo Baddiel is. Like I said before it feels a lot like he just goes with whatever his first idea is without spending any time thinking at all.

She was away for 2 episodes, the first was Godliman, the second was Ryan

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Slash posted:

I looked up the episode blurb because I was sure I didn't get the design part from nowhere.

quote:

Lord Sugar summons the candidates to the London Transport Museum, where they learn that this week’s task is to create and sell their own range of electric bikes.

I hope they have as much creative freedom as possible :laugh:

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

crispix posted:

I hope they have as much creative freedom as possible :laugh:

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

I really don't get why he came in and gave them the task at the end? Weird.

The person who got fired I genuinely don't even remember being in it before so uh...great.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Taear posted:

I really don't get why he came in and gave them the task at the end? Weird.

The person who got fired I genuinely don't even remember being in it before so uh...great.

She is on the You're Fired follow up programme really really not wanting to be there. However long ago The Apprentice should have ended, this thing should have been axed a few years before that :stare:

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

crispix posted:

She is on the You're Fired follow up programme really really not wanting to be there. However long ago The Apprentice should have ended, this thing should have been axed a few years before that :stare:

I really wonder how many people (other than you) even bother watching that. It's not even Rhod Gilbert any more is it?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Taear posted:

I really wonder how many people (other than you) even bother watching that. It's not even Rhod Gilbert any more is it?

I was waiting for Newsnight to come on. I only saw about half of it because I went and brushed my teeth in the middle of it. My teeth regime needs about 15 minutes. It was some bald bloke with a caricatured posh voice who kept making jokes about how he was gay

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Slash posted:

Design, my arse...
Yeah they basically got to choose the colour. And for what it's worth i liked the red wheels, maybe that's just my inner child coming through.

You're fired is now hosted by Tom Allen. It's weird, they've clearly given the panel guests the questions beforehand so that they can come up with funny or insightful comments. His delivery and segueing is so stilted that it is incredibly obvious when he changes from improvised banter to the pre-rehearsed questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Slash posted:

Yeah they basically got to choose the colour. And for what it's worth i liked the red wheels, maybe that's just my inner child coming through.

You're fired is now hosted by Tom Allen. It's weird, they've clearly given the panel guests the questions beforehand so that they can come up with funny or insightful comments. His delivery and segueing is so stilted that it is incredibly obvious when he changes from improvised banter to the pre-rehearsed questions.

I don't think I've seen him before. He is really, really terrible.