Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Does it include the prequel though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Sakurazuka posted:

Does it include the prequel though

Yes... We all know some of the characters starred in a doujin set before the manga starts.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
If this leads to an anime adaptation with Takaya Kuroda voicing the annoying senpai, sign me the gently caress up.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
many have asked, where is pocha climb chapter 3. here it is. it is pocha climb chapter 3

(this is a good chapter if you wanted someone to just ask them why they aren't dating already)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
hey where is pocha climb chapter 3?

e: oh sorry i didn't preview the post

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Oct 23, 2019

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
It's cash money Aria time

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

sinky posted:

:five:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

sinky posted:

yes!!!!!

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I recc'd Stigmata -Aikon- by Takahashi Hidebu:

Asako Minami has a "unique constitution." He senses the lingering thoughts of the deceased, and experiences the circumstances under which they died with his own body in a reaction similar to stigmata. This proves useful in solving difficult cases with the Metropolitan Police Department's Special Investigations Unit Six. Asako's partner is the reserved Superintendent Kuroiwa Hiroto, rising through the MPD ranks despite doubting his own abilities.

I mean it's mystery/drama/detective but at the same time BL. Same great art in modern times.

CW: blood/violence

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

sinky posted:

Amusingly, the fact that she's stupidly rich was already clear at the end of the last chapter with the FBS, because that's about $500 a bottle when you're ordering that much of it. (they'll even send you a freezer with a big enough order)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

sinky posted:

This is making it rain! motherfucker!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Alder posted:

I recc'd Stigmata -Aikon- by Takahashi Hidebu:

Asako Minami has a "unique constitution." He senses the lingering thoughts of the deceased, and experiences the circumstances under which they died with his own body in a reaction similar to stigmata. This proves useful in solving difficult cases with the Metropolitan Police Department's Special Investigations Unit Six. Asako's partner is the reserved Superintendent Kuroiwa Hiroto, rising through the MPD ranks despite doubting his own abilities.

I mean it's mystery/drama/detective but at the same time BL. Same great art in modern times.

CW: blood/violence

Read the prequel first, Aikon is a continuation after it moved to a BL magazine

Same mangaka also has the fantastic Yuki to Matsu which we're finally going to be able to read legally :toot:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love what it's doing right now with Asako's feelings vs the lingering thoughts of Kuroiwa's dead wife and how he realized what part of it was his in the latest chapter

Stigmata is one of my favorites right now, the period-ish settng is really cool and I love the characters. Mixing supernatural elements like ghosts and psychics into police drama is like catnip to me also.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
So I apparently missed this one and just found out about it tonight, but Tokyopop is still licensing things and picked up Koimonogatari :toot:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-10-04/tokyopop-licenses-the-gentle-noble-vacation-recommendation-love-stories-manga/.151862

quote:

Tokyopop descirbes Tōru Tagura's Love Stories (Koimonogatari) manga:

When Yuji accidentally hears his classmate Yamato confessing to another friend that he's gay, his perspective shifts. Seeing Yamato in a new light, Yuji does his best not to let prejudice color his view, but he still finds himself overthinking his classmates' interactions now. He especially notices the way Yamato looks at one particular boy: Yuji's own best friend.
Even though he tells himself not to get involved, Yuji finds he just can't help it: watching Yamato's one-sided love draws him in a way he never expected. At first, it's empathy, knowing that the boy Yamato has his sights on is definitely straight and has no idea. But as his own friendship with Yamato develops and the two of them grow closer through a mutual study group, Yuji comes to truly care about Yamato as a person, regardless of his sexuality.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Everything Burrito posted:

So I apparently missed this one and just found out about it tonight, but Tokyopop is still licensing things and picked up Koimonogatari :toot:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-10-04/tokyopop-licenses-the-gentle-noble-vacation-recommendation-love-stories-manga/.151862

This was very confusing because the first thing I thought of was the bakemonogatari sequel.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
lol yeah, that's why I included the quote since it's kind of a generic title & better known for that other thing

It's a really good manga tho!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is it anywhere near Ore Monogatari's level?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
well it's a different kind of story, very grounded

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I thought tokyopop exploded, like, messily too, years and years ago?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
P sure that was only in America, it's alive and well in Europe, and the German branch is like the second largest provider for manga on the local market.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Posted a rumor tweet earlier but it's confirmed!!

e: official tweet now
https://twitter.com/etranger_anime/status/1187504087597584384?s=20

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Oct 25, 2019

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Cang Shu shows that is also Still Cute Today

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Kinda weird that it seems to be a cyoa type thing going off the credits. Guess the author didn't really have a plan when starting it beyond the first couple chapters.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
New Saezuru pv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NB654QzFhY

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Great VA ❤

Hopefully, someone will fansub it when it's out for overseas viewers.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
hopefully! I'm also crossing my fingers for an official release with English subs, like Doukyuusei

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I noticed this was released a few days ago, new whispering you a love song.

Things are really heating up!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

F

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Subtle.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

These two should have started talking to each other like three chapters ago, gently caress

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

What a good Sakura.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

What a good Sakura.
Can't we just get a forever manga that's about their life?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
:toot:
https://twitter.com/SuBLimeManga/status/1188911307329687554?s=20

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
what is everyone's favorite type of humor i like

morbid humor, its much better than rando humor

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Well I haven't read this yet but the cover certainly looks promising

https://mangadex.org/title/40377/tonari-no-kinniku-joshi

edit: off to a strong start :rimshot:

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Oct 29, 2019

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Well that's fun.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
aw, it's a short chapter type of series. bummer.

still, good and cute and the MC is very dumb, which is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Well I haven't read this yet but the cover certainly looks promising

https://mangadex.org/title/40377/tonari-no-kinniku-joshi

edit: off to a strong start :rimshot:

Of course these are the guys translating Fight Class 3. Snu Snu when?