Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/sambrodey/status/1187003099354931200?s=19

https://twitter.com/AndrewDesiderio/status/1187016550794121218?s=19

The best and smartest brain geniuses. Also, check out how white that Congresspool is, plus the Halolady in blue granting them the grace of stupidity.

committing deliberate security violations to own the libs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Dwanyelle posted:

That makes it WORSE.

"Let's make super strict laws for the handling of sensitive information, with extreme consequences for messing up for folks all along the chain, requiring hundreds of thousands of of dollars spent per person on insanely detailed background checks.....except for the people at the top supervising, they can be any chucklefuck who wins an election."

Yup. I believe the traditional way in congress to resolve these sorts of disputes is to attack with a cane.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I swear to gently caress this pisses me off a lot.

https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/1187027043634106370?s=19

https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/status/1187025481159335936?s=19

Look, I know that Trump won't get kicked out by the Senate. I know that the poo poo doesn't matter and I'm happy with thoroughly being entertained by how much this whole thing blew up (lol even Giuliani has shut up).

But every time I hear about Senate Republicans talking about this poo poo, I catch a whiff of mattering. I put the conviction chances at around 5% and I think that's climbing on a daily basis. STOP GIVING ME HOPE, YOU STUPID FUCKS

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

truck came from Bulgaria and they arrested a north irishman, looks like it was trafficking

Trucks usually are, unless they're parked.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

gently caress you, Zuckerbot. Validating thousands of loving lunatics. Jesus.

He's a piece of poo poo

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

piL posted:

Trucks usually are, unless they're parked.

Really fits in nicely with Jeremy Clarkson's assertion that all truck drivers are murderers.

Milo and POTUS posted:

He's a piece of poo poo

Oh, I know.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I wasn't correcting you. That's my mantra. I say it about everybody

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i will never not refer to him as fuckerberg

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

It's hilarious that a couple years ago he had aspirations of being president.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Ivy league education folks

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

his 👏 wife 👏 is 👏 a 👏 doctor

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Suicide Watch posted:

Ancedotal, but I met a couple of docs from that area (one was an ER doc) who were antivaxers. poo poo is insane.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Suicide Watch posted:

I know a college educated executive who refuses to wear her seatbelt because she thinks she'll be trapped. Her husband is a firefighter.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Proud Christian Mom posted:

I know a college educated executive who refuses to wear her seatbelt because she thinks she'll be trapped. Her husband is a firefighter.

I've known volunteer firefighters with the same opinion, it's loving stupid

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Flikken posted:

how do you know when a firefighter is choking?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I would think the solution to that would be one of those 10 dollar knives with the special seat belt slicer kept in the cup holder but what do i know im not a fire fighter

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

he stops telling you he's a firefighter

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Flikken posted:

Ah, arsonists.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

how do you know when a firefighter is choking?

He hasn't mentioned he was a firefighter in the last 30 seconds?

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Stravag posted:

I would think the solution to that would be one of those 10 dollar knives with the special seat belt slicer kept in the cup holder but what do i know im not a fire fighter

I keep a gun velcroed to the dash and I shoot my way out.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

colachute posted:

I keep a gun velcroed to the dash and I shoot my way out.

I think thats legal in florida if you say your car was road raging against you. Wait florida started counting castle doctrine for your car right? There you go your castle was violating your castle doctrine

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

joey diaz was a volunteer firefighter

idk why but that makes me laugh really goddamn hard

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Dwanyelle posted:

That makes it WORSE.

"Let's make super strict laws for the handling of sensitive information, with extreme consequences for messing up for folks all along the chain, requiring hundreds of thousands of of dollars spent per person on insanely detailed background checks.....except for the people at the top supervising, they can be any chucklefuck who wins an election."

Probably a bad idea to let the national security apparatus choose who gets to have oversight over them and with what information available. Guessing that would turn out even worse than our current poo poo show.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Stravag posted:

Generally not in a cupholder. poo poo tends to go flying out of there in a lot of crashes.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
The only volunteer firefighter I know desperately wants to be a cop but he's too dumb to even pass the academy. So instead he's a correctional officer and a reserve deputy in some Oklahoma town of 12 people

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

not wearing a seatbelt and getting into a high speed crash or rollover generally ejects people from their vehicles, thus not having to worry about entrapment.

The side effects of being ejected aren't really all that great though

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

If you’re going fast enough that a rollover would damage the frame of the car so much that being trapped by your seatbelt would be a hazard, then wouldn’t getting launched be even worse?

Aren’t modern cars sturdy enough for rollovers at non-you’d-die-anyway speeds?

The dinging in cars worked. I used to not wear my seat belt. Then I started wearing it to get the car to shut up. Now it’s just force of habit.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah I can't imagine that being launched through your windshield at 60+ mph would be very comfortable, not to mention the impact with literally everything else.

Turns out that humans are barely clever apes that have a hard time envisioning things that could kill them!

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Crakkerjakk posted:

Generally not in a cupholder. poo poo tends to go flying out of there in a lot of crashes.

Oh i know its a TERRIBLE place but im assuming anyone who uses the "what if im in a crash bad enough to gently caress up the seatbelt" logic as a reason to not wear one wouldnt put the knife in a smart place either

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah I can't imagine that being launched through your windshield at 60+ mph would be very comfortable, not to mention the impact with literally everything else.

Turns out that humans are barely clever apes that have a hard time envisioning things that could kill them!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hundreds of thousands of years of evolution and we're still running on legacy software where the primary prompt for triggering fight or flight is "is it a lion y/n"

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I’ll vote for any candidate who takes the platform of deporting anti-vaxxers to countries where children die of easily preventable childhood illnesses. gently caress all of these people and the privilege that lets them spout this poo poo so hard.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Flikken posted:

Recent talk of the 11'8" bridge got me to this video. Firefighters am I right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3-UugI0JoA

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Fister Roboto posted:

That’s not a bug it’s a feature of humans.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

We did have two idiots who tried to hit a kangaroo with their 5 ton (might have been a 7.5 ton?) Rollover in Australia who were saved due to not wearing seatbelts. Rollover sheared off the top of the cab, but they both got launched out of it due to not wearing seatbelts. Had to be airlifted and were hurt real loving bad.

Not something to make life decisions about not using safety equipment over though.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I hate the "I'd be dead if I was wearing my seatbelt!" crowd.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

The D.A.R.E. officer for our school had a husband who refused to wear a seatbelt so she had us all write him a letter about why he should do so. She gave him the pile of letters and the first kid had said “please stop doing drugs or whatever it is you are doing” and he was baffled about what was going on

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Whichever mid wrote that is my hero of not giving a gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
My sister rolled her car over the weekend and would probably be a pile of broken bones instead of bruised up if it weren't for the seatbelt. Wear your seatbelts idiots. Also don't text and drive.