Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

Suicide Watch posted:

Recent talk of the 11'8" bridge got me to this video. Firefighters am I right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3-UugI0JoA

the fire truck hitting it is :kiss:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
the problem with rollovers is that vehicles are designed around certain circumstances, namely being on all four wheels, so its really difficult to simulate let alone test all the interesting impacts you can get when you are no longer on 4 wheels.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Paraphrasing this but

Late 90s: we cloned a sheep and succeeded at doing robotic off-world exploration!

2019: for the last god damned time the earth is round and seatbelts & vaccines work

Oh also I just read Trump is ending all sanctions against Turkey? What?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Hyrax Attack! posted:

The D.A.R.E. officer for our school had a husband who refused to wear a seatbelt so she had us all write him a letter about why he should do so. She gave him the pile of letters and the first kid had said “please stop doing drugs or whatever it is you are doing” and he was baffled about what was going on

Well I mean, his wife is a cop, odds are at least one of them is on some sort of drug.

The Eyes Have It posted:

Paraphrasing this but

Late 90s: we cloned a sheep and succeeded at doing robotic off-world exploration!

2019: for the last god damned time the earth is round and seatbelts & vaccines work

Oh also I just read Trump is ending all sanctions against Turkey? What?

Sounds about right, god forbid he do anything to offend his new favorite power-daddy.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
It all goes back to this simple statement: Donald Trump is likely getting impeached because he can't get over winning the 2016 election.

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1187062921815310336?s=19

Moron-Contra just keeps recycling its idiots.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
hey guys just to clarify that while Trump is indeed a bigoted, racist moron who is definitely owned by a foreign power, sanctions do not work.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/cliffordlevy/status/1187072368453345280?s=19

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Not wearing a seatbelt is a great way to get thrown out of the car and into the afterlife.

quote:

fuckerberg

wish he'd make like steve jobs

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Mayor Cousinfucker was working for the president when he beat up that underaged prostitute and therefore executive privilege must be invoked.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/jordanuhl/status/1187034085753012224?s=21
Sound on.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

How do you invoke executive privilege when none of them are administration employees.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Nice to see the Republican house members hate our national security apparatus

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Flying_Crab posted:

How do you invoke executive privilege when none of them are administration employees.
They work for Rudy Cousinfucker Von 9/11, and he works for Donnie. That's what they're claiming.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

They work for Rudy Cousinfucker Von 9/11, and he works for Donnie. That's what they're claiming.

Congressional hearings are not the same thing as criminal trials, a judge would not be amused by that type of poo poo.

I don't have time to look it up right now but isn't investigation of criminal activity an exception to executive privilege a la US v Nixon?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Nice to see the Republican house members hate our national security apparatus

Add it to the hypocrisy pile.

You know if the Democrats tried that during any one of the dozen BEN GHAZI hearings, it'd be splashed across every newspaper headline and you'd have Speaker Boner crafting new rules to restrict the minority party in Congress.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/andrewdesiderio/status/1187063967673438210?s=21

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Then maybe, just maybe, they didn't have any business being there.

I sure do love ignorance of the law excuses.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

Then maybe, just maybe, they didn't have any business being there.

I sure do love ignorance of the law excuses.

I would assume, and maybe I'm wrong.

That there would be big honking signs saying "DONT BRING ELECTRONICS PAST THIS POINT CLASSIFIED poo poo AHEAD" on top of possibly people in front of said door going "yo man there's classified poo poo here, probably no phones yea?"

My office has a "secrets" room where classified stuff happens and there's a magnetic sign on the door that they flip over that says something to the effect of "Classified crap is happening in here, knock before attempting to enter"

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

They spent years complaining about classified emails, so you'd think they'd have learned a thing or two about SCIFs.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Jarmak posted:

I don't have time to look it up right now but isn't investigation of criminal activity an exception to executive privilege a la US v Nixon?

"In a 5-4 decision, ..."

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

Defenestrategy posted:

I would assume, and maybe I'm wrong.

That there would be big honking signs saying "DONT BRING ELECTRONICS PAST THIS POINT CLASSIFIED poo poo AHEAD" on top of possibly people in front of said door going "yo man there's classified poo poo here, probably no phones yea?"

My office has a "secrets" room where classified stuff happens and there's a magnetic sign on the door that they flip over that says something to the effect of "Classified crap is happening in here, knock before attempting to enter"

https://static01.nyt.com/images/201...ty=90&auto=webp

Alex Mooney (R-WV), from The NY Times

(I don’t know how to post pics on mobile)

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I had to ask that this was a thing that actually happened and not just a hallucination from not sleeping for 24 hours. The actual gently caress?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2019/10/23/fec-complaint-says-pro-trump-super-pac-broke-campaign-finance-law/4046892002/

So the Guliani lackeys that got arrested for campaign finance charges... the PAC was also involved in this as well.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

pkells posted:

https://static01.nyt.com/images/201...ty=90&auto=webp

Alex Mooney (R-WV), from The NY Times

(I don’t know how to post pics on mobile)

look it's not even a republican or democrat thing*, but if I had done what hillary did they would lock me up

*only applies to democrats, tho

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1187071848351223808?s=21 :f5:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Ken Bone Comeback posted:

look it's not even a republican or democrat thing*, but if I had done what hillary did they would lock me up

*only applies to democrats, tho

our country de facto has separate systems of high and low justice for those of different classes

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Hillary should’ve gone to jail and so should all of these idiots. If an E-3 had done this they’d be getting hammered and junior enlisted are expected to have a lot less capacity for proper judgment and behavior than these chuckleheads.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Republican hypocrisy is a pre-escelator concept. When you're pushing for an authoritarian single-party state you frame it as a struggle for survival against pure evil and then say nothing you do matters because the other guys are worse.

Benghazi was bad because they did it, violating security protocols is good because we did it.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Internet Wizard posted:

Hillary should’ve gone to jail and so should all of these idiots. If an E-3 had done this they’d be getting hammered and junior enlisted are expected to have a lot less capacity for proper judgment and behavior than these chuckleheads.

The constitution explicitly prevents congressmen from being charged for stunts like this.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
You actually want your elected representatives, who function as an oversight to an extremely powerful apparatus of government(the Executive), to have the ability and protection to expose what the government would rather not be seen.

That most of our representatives are beholden to neither the Republic or their constituents is another matter entirely.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Proud Christian Mom posted:

hey guys just to clarify that while Trump is indeed a bigoted, racist moron who is definitely owned by a foreign power, sanctions do not work.

Antivax opinion spotted

Soft power works

It takes actually having soft power though, something the Republicans have spent 12 years kneecapping.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

bird food bathtub posted:

Republican hypocrisy is a pre-escelator concept. When you're pushing for an authoritarian single-party state you frame it as a struggle for survival against pure evil and then say nothing you do matters because the other guys are worse.

Benghazi was bad because they did it, violating security protocols is good because we did it.

IOKIYAR

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Internet Wizard posted:

No she shouldn't have, and no one in her shoes would have either. They would have faced administrative sanctions not criminal ones at worst.

Clinton's email server was dumb, but was also keeping in tradition with previous Secretaries of State. There was also no deliberate spillage, and anything that was classified on her server was not until after the fact.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

You actually want your elected representatives, who function as an oversight to an extremely powerful apparatus of government(the Executive), to have the ability and protection to expose what the government would rather not be seen.

That most of our representatives are beholden to neither the Republic or their constituents is another matter entirely.

Exactly. It's a necessary function of elected officials to have access to things.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

today sucks

emergency roscoe activation

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Mooney posted a recording he made inside the SCIF to his Facebook.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Do congress people get SS details? Cuz if they do i feel bad for them. They have to know how big this scif stuff is and theyre just having to watch this happen up close

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Stravag posted:

Do congress people get SS details? Cuz if they do i feel bad for them. They have to know how big this scif stuff is and theyre just having to watch this happen up close

US Capitol Police is responsible for that. They're unique in that they report only to congress.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

The goddess of wisdom and justice prays for a meteor to just end it all

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

I have no idea what this means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

bird food bathtub posted:

I have no idea what this means.