Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/AlexThomasDC/status/1187053554424520704

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1187041089062088705

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1186965556789993472

e tax - https://twitter.com/EmrgencyKittens/status/1186669819397136391

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Oct 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I don't know what this means.

"They are breaking the rules," he said with all the power of a 5-year-old tattling on his 3-year-old sister.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I don't know what this means.

Well now that there is an official ruling from the arbiter of what is or isn't against the rules, they actually have something they can point to if the House wants to vote to censure these idiots.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/EmilyStewartM/status/1186994458031788033

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/oliviawilde/status/1187073311429267458

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

"These are Rudy's friends, I've never met them before in my life."
"My defense is that all of my crimes were done at the explicit behest of the president."

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

I just finished a rewatch of Friday Night Lights it's really distracting me how much Matt Gaetz looks like an uglier Jason Street.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Honestly though can anyone find a video of Trump actively sitting down or standing up? I found a ton of Obama doing it, and normal people do it all the time, but it looks like the press always walks in to him sitting down and then they have to leave before he stands up.

I think he needs help moving between positions (because he has dementia)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Liz Warren: Queen of the Petite Bourgeois

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Stereotype posted:

also always remember that Trump is 73 and has dementia and is definitely going to get much worse. When is the last time anyone ever saw him move from a sitting to a standing position or vice versa? He is not going to survive a campaign.

Even right out he gate of his presidency, the G7 summit when he was in the golf :lol:

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Just put Maxine Waters the door next time. They will walk in her direction, she will point at them, and they will run away and file assault and battery lawsuits

Bernie should loan her his sword to point with.

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

Deeper and deeper. Way down.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

The Democrats need to take the same tactic I do when my cat won't let me get work done.

Pretend like I'm working on some paperwork and then switch to the actual work once they've committed to flopping on the decoy.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Lol there is at least 10 Republican Senators wondering if they'll even be punished in the 2024 election for coming out against this poo poo. I mean, considering how fast Bush was memory-holed after he stopped being in the news all the time...

Edit: It's really hard to judge how stunts like these are going over, but the general consensus seems to be forming around "This is a stupid waste of time" so I don't think there will be a repeat of it.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Stereotype posted:

Honestly though can anyone find a video of Trump actively sitting down or standing up? I found a ton of Obama doing it, and normal people do it all the time, but it looks like the press always walks in to him sitting down and then they have to leave before he stands up.

It's pretty common in people at his age who are fat af that literally refuse to ever exercise that they can't change positions without substantial effort just because they end up so weak. It's one of the main things that ultimately kills off old people: once you lose the ability to stand up unassisted you basically just keep getting weaker and less active

Also, in his case, dementia.

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006

Stereotype posted:

He’s golfing like all the time though, that must mean he’s semi okay?

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Who was it here who called all this a fire hose of crimes?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Imagine if these people weren't all ruthlessly incompetent.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Skex posted:

He should, yes. But he won't

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1187074223145213952
https://twitter.com/rachaelmbade/status/1187075373525274624
https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/1187075455700160513

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Mahoning posted:

Oh my god she called it a "little flash mob" :vince:

It's ~2 dozen people doing this? She's not even necessarily trying to demean them, it just objectively meets the criteria for a small flash mob! And she's making a good point.

Skex posted:

How big's that sword? They can be surprisingly difficult to lift effectively if you aren't accustomed to their weight.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

:yeshaha:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

why didn't the tweet specify if he had his mace

i demand the republicans be maced

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Dammerung posted:

How big's that sword? They can be surprisingly difficult to lift effectively if you aren't accustomed to their weight.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Meridian posted:

What is being done about it, again?

Exactly. It's still "Nothing Matters". When a few dozen republican reps can just storm into the closed door, secure room and end testimony in the impeachment inquiry while eating pizza I don't know how "Nothing Matters" doesn't apply. Like, what now? They will do this from now on. Maybe Chinese food tomorrow. Maybe the republicans will tie hot air balloons to the people coming to testify and we just see them float away into the atmosphere and go "Welp. But at least look how shook the republicans are! The Great Mattering is here!!!"

Maybe something will matter at some point, but we're months past the Great Republican Cop Mueller collapsing on himself like a dying star, and after being dragging kicking and screaming to an impeachment inquiry the republicans are stopping the proceedings by walking in and eating pizza. Sorry if I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel here.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Oooohhh

That's a Bingo!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
what

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1187076541437620225
https://twitter.com/alexi/status/1187074624082853890?s=20

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Mahoning posted:

Oh my god she called it a "little flash mob" :vince:

Little fash mob works too

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Dammerung posted:

HEMA enthusiast spotted

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

oh man is he gonna wag his finger and be concerned at them? that'll show them!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

empty whippet box posted:

oh man is he gonna wag his finger and be concerned at them? that'll show them!

theoretically he's supposed to wag a mace at them

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

I'm not giving her great odds on being able to point that thing for any length of time.

1glitch0 posted:

Exactly. It's still "Nothing Matters". When a few dozen republican reps can just storm into the closed door, secure room and end testimony in the impeachment inquiry while eating pizza I don't know how "Nothing Matters" doesn't apply. Like, what now? They will do this from now on. Maybe Chinese food tomorrow. Maybe the republicans will tie hot air balloons to the people coming to testify and we just see them float away into the atmosphere and go "Welp. But at least look how shook the republicans are! The Great Mattering is here!!!"

Maybe something will matter at some point, but we're months past the Great Republican Cop Mueller collapsing on himself like a dying star, and after being dragging kicking and screaming to an impeachment inquiry the republicans are stopping the proceedings by walking in and eating pizza. Sorry if I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel here.

The Sargeant-at-arms is supposedly in the room now, so we'll see what happens. It's not the best of lights, but it is something!

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Herstory Begins Now posted:

It's pretty common in people at his age who are fat af that literally refuse to ever exercise that they can't change positions without substantial effort just because they end up so weak. It's one of the main things that ultimately kills off old people: once you lose the ability to stand up unassisted you basically just keep getting weaker and less active

Also, in his case, dementia.

A surprisingly strong indicator of how at risk a person is of dying is whether or not they can go from standing to sitting on the floor and back without using their hands.

There's a similar test for older folks where they go from standing to sitting in a chair and back. Again not being able to do it without using your hands is a very bad sign, as is being able to do it only once or twice.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

1glitch0 posted:

What were you hoping to see today? DC cops putting them in handcuffs and frog-marching them off to jail? This looks like a bunch of sadbrain whining to me. The GOP is clearly panicked right now.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

evilweasel posted:

theoretically he's supposed to wag a mace at them

What kind of shameful country are we where we don't actually bludgeon anyone with the mace

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Madkal posted:

Little fash mob works too

beat me to it, you swine. :argh:

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Tibalt posted:

Lol there is at least 10 Republican Senators wondering if they'll even be punished in the 2024 election for coming out against this poo poo. I mean, considering how fast Bush was memory-holed after he stopped being in the news all the time...

Edit: It's really hard to judge how stunts like these are going over, but the general consensus seems to be forming around "This is a stupid waste of time" so I don't think there will be a repeat of it.

The thing is that if and when the Trump crime family is indicted and sentenced, Bush style memory holing ain't gonna work. You'll see GOP senators getting primaried based on their support of Trump. This has the real possibility of nuking the Republicans for years to come

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

HEMA enthusiast spotted

Nah a HEMA person will tell you swords were actually pretty light, not heavy

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Washington Post is reporting he made the call using a secure line, so he's not a complete moron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Rigel posted:

What were you hoping to see today? DC cops putting them in handcuffs and frog-marching them off to jail? This looks like a bunch of sadbrain whining to me. The GOP is clearly panicked right now.

I'd like to see them start the hearing.