Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Timby posted:

Hardemeyer was sucked into the slime in the original shoot and while I don't have my February shooting script on me, I don't believe he ever returned. A lot of the stuff outside the museum was very heavily re-shot in March and April 1989, though.

Nah, he comes back out at the end and cries. There's no mention of smoking shoes though, instead they're specifically said to be sticking out of the slime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered came out on Friday. Multiplayer isn’t available yet, but it’s still a great game.

And the original movie will be at theaters tomorrow and next Thursday as part of Fathom Events.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Lengthy alternate take of the entire mayor office scene here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reZNpkBSj-4

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

They showed that, and a couple other alternate takes, before the showings at the theater. Always great to see on the big screen.

That shot of Ray laughing after Peter gives Egon the Crunch bar always gets me.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
https://youtu.be/haytU-1_iZA

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
I always liked that bit when Ray told the mayor that almost 50 per cent of the Ghostbusters voted for him. In other words only one did.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Gargamel Gibson posted:

I always liked that bit when Ray told the mayor that almost 50 per cent of the Ghostbusters voted for him. In other words only one did.

Also, I think that the mayor didn't even do the math, and just thanked him for what sounded like a compliment.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Holy poo poo.

Ray Parker Jr + Bobby Brown + fuckin' Ernest P Whorrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-7P7kwSkbQ

It's beautiful.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I watched Ghostbusters with my kids last night (10 and 12) and they loved it. This makes me very happy.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Holy poo poo.

Ray Parker Jr + Bobby Brown + fuckin' Ernest P Whorrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-7P7kwSkbQ

It's beautiful.

One of my favorite things about Halloween is all of the crazy mashups. Check out:

https://bootiemashup.com/mix-tapes/

for like a half dozen super well mixed Halloween albums. Lots of Ghostbusters, Exorcist, Halloween, etc mixed with various genres.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

AFewBricksShy posted:

I watched Ghostbusters with my kids last night (10 and 12) and they loved it. This makes me very happy.

We took our (7 and 11) to the Fathom showing on Thursday night and they were enthralled the entire time.

So we watched Ghostbusters II for Family Movie Night on Friday.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

thats an ...unfortunate angle for Ray up there.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

This is exactly what I wanted to do for Halloween with my daughter this year

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
And that’s a wrap!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

And that’s a wrap!

I am so excited for a trailer. I wouldn't be surprised if one happens before the end of the year.

Bunch of people on various GB Facebook groups (yeah, I know) are all "these kids are going to replace the original guys!" and to me, that's both ridiculous and obvious. Ridiculous that they'd think the majority of the film would be kids fully ghostbusting, obvious that they'll likely grow up (either implied or maybe through a flash forward) to be the next in line.

Or maybe neither of those things happen and everyone needs to calm down and wait for the goddamned film.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Extreme Ghostbusters was actually pretty good. Mostly because they went full hog with crazy-rear end monster designs like the original series.

The guy who designed the monsters for that, I think Everett Peck? Also did the Jumanji cartoon apparently, which was amazingly hosed up.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Extreme Ghostbusters was handled by the same studio who did the MIB and 98 Godzilla cartoons, which are also way better than you'd expect them to be based on the premise.

A lot of dipshits dismiss EXG because it's got blatant diversity the movie lacks, calling it the "PC Ghostbusters" or "BK Kids' club Ghostbusters" but A: It's loving NYC, and they're students from Egon's class, so there's nothing "forced" about them having diverse backgrounds compared to crusty old professors in the 80s, and B: Garrett is one of the best-written wheelchair-bound characters I've seen in a kids' show.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Oct 19, 2019

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The_Doctor posted:

And that’s a wrap!

This couldn’t shoot for one more day? :cmon:

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I am so excited for a trailer. I wouldn't be surprised if one happens before the end of the year.

Bunch of people on various GB Facebook groups (yeah, I know) are all "these kids are going to replace the original guys!" and to me, that's both ridiculous and obvious. Ridiculous that they'd think the majority of the film would be kids fully ghostbusting, obvious that they'll likely grow up (either implied or maybe through a flash forward) to be the next in line.

Or maybe neither of those things happen and everyone needs to calm down and wait for the goddamned film.

I just don't want to see kids at all. I don't want to see them in flashbacks, I don't want to see them in dream sequences, I don't want to see Brody Globstein hit a home run for them, I don't want them to be haunting spirits with British accents, I don't want to see Bruce Wayne's parents get shot, I don't want to see them taken hostage and have to be saved because they are so precious.

I don't want any more kids in movies.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Too bad grandpa.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

The Human Crouton posted:

I just don't want to see kids at all. I don't want to see them in flashbacks, I don't want to see them in dream sequences, I don't want to see Brody Globstein hit a home run for them, I don't want them to be haunting spirits with British accents, I don't want to see Bruce Wayne's parents get shot, I don't want to see them taken hostage and have to be saved because they are so precious.

I don't want any more kids in movies.

When was the last time you were excited there was a sequel to a film you like that features children? None? Me neither. And yes, I hold the addition of children to Aliens against it.

Edit - Ok, X23 in the last Wolverine film was kind of great.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

roffels posted:

When was the last time you were excited there was a sequel to a film you like that features children? None? Me neither. And yes, I hold the addition of children to Aliens against it.

Edit - Ok, X23 in the last Wolverine film was kind of great.

Terminator 2 was pretty dope

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

I am going to go on a limb and say this new movie will not be as good as Terminator 2.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Drink-Mix Man posted:

I am going to go on a limb and say this new movie will not be as good as Terminator 2.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Iron Crowned posted:

the foam beam was the first thing to go for me because of "authenticity" or whatever words my child brain would have used

I extremely identify with this post

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

The_Doctor posted:

Ah the neutrona blaster!

Someone severely misunderstood, possibly deliberately, the phrase "We neutronized it."

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7597665/Bill-Murray-spotted-original-Ghostbusters-cast-near-set-sequel.html

quote:

Ghostbuster Bill Murray may be about to don his proton pack for a third time - after he was spotted out drinking with co-stars Dan Aykroyd and Sigourney Weaver in Canada, DailyMailTV can reveal.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
He also confirmed it while on the red carpet at an Italian film festival the other day. :toot:

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

I just saw the first movie on a big screen last night for the first time. A few offhand observations:

-I never appreciated the character arc about childlike Ray and nerdy Egon outgrowing the need to have Venkman talk, be brave, and grease wheels for them.
-I never understood the whole bit with the Crunch bar at the beginning until I realized last night that Egon is a sugar junkie. He's drinking Coke while the other guys drink beers, is the one eating that Twinkie, etc.
-I never noticed the Marshmallow Man is printed on the bag of Stay-Puft that Dana buys, and is featured in an ad on the side of a building.
-Some supernatural force must be drawing Dana and Lewis together, hence him always serendipitously opening his door at exactly the same time she's passing in the hall.
-Lewis is the funniest character in the movie.

The biggest laugh of the night was when Dana goes "I want you inside me" and Venkman goes "Go ahead! No, I can't."

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Drink-Mix Man posted:

-Lewis is the funniest character in the movie.

I have that whole party scene memorized. It's such a great performance.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Ehud posted:

I have that whole party scene memorized. It's such a great performance.

One of the most clever bits of writing and directing in an already clever movie.

My biggest laugh in Ghostbusters has always been Egon backing into the corner of the elevator after Ray's pack gets turned on. Just a wonderful sight gag.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Drink-Mix Man posted:

I just saw the first movie on a big screen last night for the first time. A few offhand observations:

Similarly I saw Clue on the big screen last week, and there’s so much going on in the background that I’ve never noticed before.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Probably the easiest gag to miss watching Ghostbusters on t.v. was the scene where Egon is giving Peter hints about how to negotiate the price with the hotel manager. He's standing off to the side so with pan and scan he got clipped out.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Basebf555 posted:

Probably the easiest gag to miss watching Ghostbusters on t.v. was the scene where Egon is giving Peter hints about how to negotiate the price with the hotel manager. He's standing off to the side so with pan and scan he got clipped out.

Yep, I never noticed that until I got the DVD (first DVD I ever owned, the original 1999 one).

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

"This man has no dick" is my favorite because Ray sets it up so unintentionally and passively that it's ignored. Then Venkman grabs it two sentences later, at the latest possible moment it could still be relevant and natural.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The way Louis introduces guests by explaining their financial situation is the best. I like to imagine he did that every time somebody came to the party.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Ehud posted:

The way Louis introduces guests by explaining their financial situation is the best. I like to imagine he did that every time somebody came to the party.

The best part about that is Louis, because he has no social instincts whatsoever, literally telling everyone that Ted and Annette are broke, because Ted's carpet-cleaning business is bankrupt and their only income is Annette's deferred bonus from two years ago (and they have an absurdly high mortgage rate).

Timby fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Oct 23, 2019

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Timby posted:

The best part about that is Louis, because he has no social instincts whatsoever, literally telling everyone that Ted and Annette are broke, because Ted's carpet-cleaning business is bankrupt and their only income is Annette's deferred bonus from two years ago (and they have an absurdly high mortgage rate).

Or the way he openly mentions how he "invites clients instead of friends" so that he can write off the expenses, oblivious to the fact that people would either A) be offended by that or B) see how obvious it is that he doesn't actually have any friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

I never noticed before how deliberately dorky-looking a lot of his guests are in that scene. And it cracked me up how quickly that impossibly attractive blonde woman changes her mind about staying at the party once Lewis suggests dancing.