Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Like I don't know why this thread doesn't understand how much of our federal government is held together with weak decorum glue that has just been waiting for someone to go "gently caress this" and then find out that there are no consequences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TulliusCicero posted:

Lol at people freaking out the Gaetz brigade would stop anything

I would thoroughly enjoy Gaetz censure for this Catalina like stunt

Fuckin' Catalina testimony-stopping mixer.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

evilweasel posted:

lol someone told trump that Taylor was hired by his own administration

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1187081515051601920

Is this what Nixon would have been like if he had twitter?

Just a nonstop glimpse into a paranoia addled brain?

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Oct 23, 2019

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

Maybe Luckey thought the donation would be accepted, then usable as a gotcha months later.

Which is an amazingly stupid plan, but far from the dumbest thing a low tier far-righter has ever done.

It's almost certainly this; it happens every now and then

Prophecy0
Jun 27, 2004

Riatsala posted:

Sorry for losing track but who is Laura Cooper?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/22/politics/who-is-laura-cooper/index.html

quote:

A top Pentagon career official overseeing Ukraine policy is due to testify before the House impeachment inquiry on Wednesday, an appearance that takes place amid intense scrutiny over whether the White House sought to freeze military aid to Ukraine as part of an effort to pressure Kiev to investigate President Donald Trump's political rivals.

Laura Cooper -- the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Russia, Ukraine, and Eurasia -- is set to appear even though the Defense Department told Congress that it would not comply with a House subpoena to provide documents related to the freezing of US security aid to Ukraine.

Cooper is currently believed to be voluntarily appearing before the three House committees leading the Democratic impeachment inquiry and the Pentagon has not yet sought to block her testimony. She will be accompanied by a personal lawyer, according to defense officials.

As a top official overseeing US policy towards Ukraine, Cooper would have been involved with overseeing US military assistance to Kiev, assistance such as the $250 million aid package that was frozen by the Trump Administration despite the Pentagon's recommendation that it go forward.

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

I think to some extent they can have their security clearances suspended and/or their ability to access any SCIFs revoked. That will at least make it more difficult for them to cause trouble in the future and screw with their committee assignments. I wouldn't hold my breath for too much more to happen though.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

haveblue posted:

Maybe Luckey thought the donation would be accepted, then usable as a gotcha months later.

Which is an amazingly stupid plan, but far from the dumbest thing a low tier far-righter has ever done.

nah HelloSailorSign is almost certainly right, he probably had a bet with someone and because he lost he had to donate to AOC because to him, that's like donating to david duke is to a normal person

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

evilweasel posted:

that actually makes sense, you're probably right

nothing i could think of made even a tiny ounce of sense

"Scandal erupts as James O'Keefe provides financial documents linking AOC to known white supremacist!"

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Mahoning posted:

It's already against the rules. The parliamentarian ruled that it is.

They could start fining these fuckers, and you bet your rear end they'd never show up again if that happened. Or they'd turn it into more grift.

Angry_Ed posted:

I mean they were already violating house rules according to the parlimentarian soooooo...

they made it so that they would officially be fined and removed from the building by the SAA if they broke said rule

the parliamentarian can rule they broke the rules, but they can't impose a punishment unless one already exists

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

TulliusCicero posted:

Is this was Nixon would have been like if he had twitter?

Just a nonstop glimpse into a paranoia addled brain?

nah Nixon was literate and at least somewhat intelligent

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

lmao what dopes

I don't think even Hannity can spin this into not looking weak

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

beejay posted:

It's 100% a bullshit decorum/tradition thing that serves no modern purpose. It's one of a billion useless things in our government that should be drastically overhauled and made useful.

'presenting an offender the mace' was originally a genteel euphemism for beating the poo poo out of them. but you tack a couple centuries of ritual on top of that and you get an old guy holding a stick like it's about to cast Ward Against Indecorum on the trespassers.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

1337JiveTurkey posted:

I think to some extent they can have their security clearances suspended and/or their ability to access any SCIFs revoked. That will at least make it more difficult for them to cause trouble in the future and screw with their committee assignments. I wouldn't hold my breath for too much more to happen though.

security clearance laws do not apply to congress; their clearances cannot be revoked

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

evilweasel posted:

if the house incel committee couldn't even manage to keep it up for a full day i have some pretty serious doubts they're going to try to make this a regular occurance

:laugh:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

someone else posted a tweet with that phrase, i can't take credit

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/nedprice/status/1187074213603151873

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is it illegal to tell the president I figured out who the whistleblower is in all his replies and tell him to dm me until he actually does

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
https://twitter.com/peteschroeder/status/1187087673451782146

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
As an idiot joining this thread late in the day, it sounds to me that Gaetz and the House Incel Committee poo poo their pants so hard they actually poo poo them off instead of getting the media to herald them as heroes. Sounds like an average day for a Republican to me.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Is it illegal to tell the president I figured out who the whistleblower is in all his replies and tell him to dm me until he actually does

Only if you actually go through the trouble to make up a name instead of sending him goatse.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

FB's stance that they can't police ads yet are policing them at the same time for "facts" is nonsense and deserves to be skewered.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Laura Cooper testifying is actually a big deal and that's why they disrupted it today. She is a career fed and knows how things are supposed to work. She has been involved with aid to Ukraine for quite some time. She will be able to point out how hosed up it was under Trump.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

If is was OK for Hillary then there shouldn't be a double standard.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/baseballcrank/status/1187088995584544770

terrible man upset that his terrible party might not get rewarded by voters for removing treasonous criminal after three years of supporting him unconditionally

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

really really hoping for million dollar ad buys about how Louie Gohmert full-throatedly supports the Green New Deal and Steve Scalise is balls-deep in Sanders for Prez

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ripoff posted:

As an idiot joining this thread late in the day, it sounds to me that Gaetz and the House Incel Committee poo poo their pants so hard they actually poo poo them off instead of getting the media to herald them as heroes. Sounds like an average day for a Republican to me.

Only if you actually go through the trouble to make up a name instead of sending him goatse.

But the goatse guy IS the whistleblower

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TyrantWD posted:

Anyone who thinks this is working for the GOP is nuts. I am sure that by the time Hannity comes on the air the right wing media would have figured out how they want to spin this, but right now this stunt is being shat on by pretty much everyone. A little bit of rule breaking around the fringes would be fine to the general public. Storming closed door hearings and violating national security protocols, because YOU don't sit on a certain committee, even though there are other republicans from that committee in the room, is just stupid to the extreme, and not going to win anyone over.

Who cares about what the Hannity and Tucker Carlson viewers think. These 30 idiots could have gone to the zoo today and it would be spun as a great fightback against the Democrats impeachment sham. To the general public who only get their news via the local news while making dinner or on the front cover of their city's newspaper, the GOP are going to look like nutcases who are clearly afraid of what is coming out.

It's telling that AOC's tweet about it has almost no people defending it, when she normally can't even post about the weather without hundreds of CHUDs picking on her

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/JoshNBCNews/status/1187083007406084101

this will just be ignored, right?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

it'll get appealed and get a stay

and if they produce they'll redact everything of interest, since you're allowed to redact FOIA documents, and then drag out any fight over the redactions

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Remember this the next time Republicans complain about Democratic media circuses.

Doctor Butts fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Oct 23, 2019

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

post video plz. I'm searching and haven't found it yet, just articles about her opening her DMs last night

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

beejay posted:

Laura Cooper testifying is actually a big deal and that's why they disrupted it today. She is a career fed and knows how things are supposed to work. She has been involved with aid to Ukraine for quite some time. She will be able to point out how hosed up it was under Trump.

They met with Trump before they did it, it makes way more sense to me that it's literally just a stunt that will ingratiate them with Trump

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

They don't even have to ignore it, just claim it's relevant to national security, which FOIA allows.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1187031930262474754
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1187032476859928581
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1187033394229714944
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1187033888553684993
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1187034831173099520
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1187035514135891968

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

evilweasel posted:

https://twitter.com/baseballcrank/status/1187088995584544770

terrible man upset that his terrible party might not get rewarded by voters for removing treasonous criminal after three years of supporting him unconditionally

Also worth noting: you can probably guess what happened that caused his approval to tank.

People wanted blood and the GOP refused to give it to them.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Scott Forstall posted:

post video plz. I'm searching and haven't found it yet, just articles about her opening her DMs last night

https://twitter.com/Public_Citizen/status/1187089486452330497

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Tired of demanding the dog be disallowed from playing basketball, the opposing team has resolved to smear last nights' dinner all over the rulebook and court, as the rulebook disallows it but they wrote it, so

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

But the goatse guy IS the whistleblower

That's not a whistle.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Lemming posted:

They met with Trump before they did it, it makes way more sense to me that it's literally just a stunt that will ingratiate them with Trump

That, and it looks like a glorified photo-op to get the Chud voters in their districts to think they’re defending strong orange daddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Tired of demanding the dog be disallowed from playing basketball, the opposing team has resolved to smear last nights' dinner all over the rulebook and court, as the rulebook disallows it but they wrote it, so

I think you need to workshop this metaphor more.