Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zesty posted:

Huh. I guess. It wouldn’t even occur to me to do something like that with toys. Ripping off parents trying to do something for their kid.

Whooo boy that is a big market unfortunately. Lego always, and whatever the hot toy is this year like NES minis or Tickle Me Elmo

Yeah it's loving lovely, worse than being a landlord even

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

mancalamania posted:

I *do* still think it's weird Elaine/Elizabeth refused Dean but caved for Chelsea.
I’m gathering that this might have all come down to timing. Since the Dean move got shut down, they countered with Chelsea, and it was just close enough to Tribal that people didn’t have time to really respond to it and then all just ended up going along at Tribal. If Chelsea had been proposed as a boot first maybe the target would’ve been on Dean when the buzzer sounded instead.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There also could have been a negotiation/compromise factor to it. If they felt Dean was being pushed on them out of nowhere maybe they were objecting to feeling steam rolled or playing Missy or someone else's game. But the "compromise" and talk to get to Chelsea might have been enough to make them feel part of the decision and more ok with it.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Zesty posted:

Huh. I guess. It wouldn’t even occur to me to do something like that with toys. Ripping off parents trying to do something for their kid.

Fair enough. We already knew he was a shitheel so it tracks. He’s a landlord too.

Last season for the finale he sniped the pub space my watchgroup usually uses after Jay (MvGX) told him about the place. We ended up in the smaller room so it was kind of okay, but he was charging admission to his thing for chrissakes.

Fairplay is an rear end.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Zesty posted:

Fair enough. We already knew he was a shitheel so it tracks. He’s a landlord too.

TBH it can be pretty good money... Its not even really ripping off parents, its providing a service to those parents that don't want to drive all over town trying to find this years hot toy.

Instead they can pay up a bit and have it sent straight to their door.

And TBH, I am also on the lookout for the hot toys this year... But I did find it kind of funny to see a former Survivor asking just with their personal Facebook account.

Some parents would just rather spend some extra money on the hot toy than go through this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTcFsdIJ_Xo

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Oct 22, 2019

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Some parents would just rather spend some extra money on the hot toy than go through this...

Right, the rich ones

gently caress the poor kids, yeah?

You know drat well we're talking about hundreds of percent markups, class traitor

Ahhh gently caress what thread am i in anyway

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Haha it's not a service to scoop up the hot toy and hold it for ransom

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

TBH it can be pretty good money... Its not even really ripping off parents, its providing a service to those parents that don't want to drive all over town trying to find this years hot toy.

Instead they can pay up a bit and have it sent straight to their door.

And TBH, I am also on the lookout for the hot toys this year... But I did find it kind of funny to see a former Survivor asking just with their personal Facebook account.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTcFsdIJ_Xo

Ummm don't most major retail stores ship product directly to customers now? You're not providing a service, you're just trying to make a profit.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

The Bloop posted:

Right, the rich ones

gently caress the poor kids, yeah?

You know drat well we're talking about hundreds of percent markups, class traitor

Ahhh gently caress what thread am i in anyway

is the survivor thread secretly the leftism thread

because i'm here for it

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Spokes posted:

because i'm here for it

Me too, but I also don't want to make myself sad by finding out that players I like are anti-vaxxers or Ben Shapiro fans.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Spokes posted:

because i'm here for it

every thread that isn't openly the leftism thread is secretly the leftism thread, comrade

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

TMMadman posted:

Ummm don't most major retail stores ship product directly to customers now? You're not providing a service, you're just trying to make a profit.

Yea, you try to order the big christmas toys off Amazon and Walmart.com and report back. They won't be available direct from either of them and not at the MRSP.

I am trying to make a profit while also providing a service. And yes, to the wealthy parents.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've been rewatching the Office in the background and this is literally one of Dwight's cartoon villain schemes.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Yea, you try to order the big christmas toys off Amazon and Walmart.com and report back. They won't be available direct from either of them and not at the MRSP.

I am trying to make a profit while also providing a service. And yes, to the wealthy parents.

Super Mega Rich -> Rich -> Landlords -> Scalpers

Guillotine order.

:sherman:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zesty posted:

Super Mega Rich -> Rich -> Landlords -> Scalpers

Guillotine order.

:sherman:

:hai:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Pfffft Detective Dean

Anybody else around tonight?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I blindsided someone and now they're mad about it???? They should be grateful!!

WTF lady

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

DROP.

YOUR.

BUFFS.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Wow this split

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Noura and Krishma on the same tribe? That's two whole goats to protect Detective Dean Kowalski

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Khanstant posted:

I blindsided someone and now they're mad about it???? They should be grateful!!

WTF lady

I took it more as, "Don't mess, you loving moron."

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Applebee's. A special meal.

(Meals prepared via microwave off-screen)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
When was the last time they did a sponsored commercial like this

It used to be Doritos and mountain dew back in the day

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

LOL... fuckin' Applebee's...

WOWWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Nobody loves fuckin applebees

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

These people are so game for the product placement, I'm into it.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Do they even have microwaves in Fiji?

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

The Bloop posted:

Didn't they do Outback Steakhouse a few seasons ago?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
WTF is a shark bowl

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Propaganda Machine posted:

Pfffft Detective Dean

Anybody else around tonight?

hi ok here was just eating dinner!!!

Dean you foil you're better off down 5-3 than 6-1

Of fuckin course Karishma looooves applebys

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

The Bloop posted:

There was the time they had Pringles with Survivor trivia questions printed on the chips. That was actually kind of neat.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Noura sabotaging Karishma with the taut rope lol

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

If this is the "biggest reward of the season" then it doesn't bode well anyone is leaving with a Ford truck this year.

Karishma loves Applebee's so much she has to be dragged to the mat.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Noura's "slam your knees in the ground" locomotion LOL

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
How many times will they say Applebee's this episode

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Robnoxious posted:

If this is the "biggest reward of the season" then it doesn't bode well anyone is leaving with a Ford truck this year.

Didn't they kill the car challenge after the bullshit with goon legend Yau-Man and Dreamz?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The real winners of this challenge are the losers.

Propaganda Machine posted:

Didn't they kill the car challenge after the bullshit with goon legend Yau-Man and Dreamz?

Say more please

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

No Applebees for you Karishma! A true challenge anchor

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Shneak posted:

WTF is a shark bowl

A blue drink in a fish bowl probably. With a few drops of grenadine complete it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Losers get half eaten Buffalo Wild Wings.