Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Angry_Ed posted:

I mean they did make a point, just not the one they wanted to :v:

Looking like the Omega Thetas but acting like the Delta Taus. Also not sure which of the 30 boring and stupid white dudes that pulled this stunt is the Neidermeyer.

Well it was a futile and stupid gesture

And they were just the ones to do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Stick a fork in Tillis

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/1186818749556576257

quote:

Sens. Jerry Moran (R-KS), Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-MS), Roger Wicker (R-MS), Thom Tillis (R-NC), Rob Portman (R-OH), Jim Inhofe (R-OK), and Mike Rounds (R-SD).

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Graham not on the list? I am surprised there are still people left with no sense of self preservation.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Tillis had no choice, Dem base power is surging in NC, his only hope is energizing the R base, he has to put all his chips on black.

What's more interesting to me is Moran, who's not up for election in 2020 but the OTHER guy from Kansas is. Seems like he's really putting his fellow Senator in a very awkward spot given how strong the Ds were in Kansas in '18. Also kind of a Flag Planting on Portman's part since he's up in 2022 and that's the Dem's Big Chance year. Guess he's either hoping nobody will remember what he said regardless of which way it goes, or is supremely confident in Ohio's Red State status.

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

Meridian posted:

Graham not on the list? I am surprised there are still people left with no sense of self preservation.

Going by Inhofe's air safety record, neither does he.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Origin posted:

Going by Inhofe's air safety record, neither does he.

Fair point. Our whole government is a farce.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

The smart move at this point is to literally drag the demented unpopular treasonous criminal Trump out of office and then make the election about the only maybe possible crimes of the unknown and unbelievably bizarre Meynard “Mike” Pence.

Republicans you will never live this down I mean holy loving poo poo.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I mean poo poo at this point the DSA should just start calling themselves Republicans and dominate the party in primaries because it has gotten so bad that without a literal coup the GOP is a toxic brand forever.

There are going to be districts where a Democrat hasn’t won in all of history where no Republican is even going to run in the primary because there literally isn’t a single person there who isn’t just embarrassed to death.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I like how each right wing messaging effort literally lasts for like 30 minutes these days before getting collectively mocked out of the room

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Stereotype posted:

Help make this so and commit to spending the rest of your life doing that. Don’t go into 2020 and beyond just expecting it to happen.

I feel like a lot of these hot takes ignore just how much willpower drives conservatism. Or they forget how close that “they can’t possibly come back from this” mindset was to how a lot of us felt in 2007 or 2016.

Just wait for a president warren or sanders to implement a GND and national decarbonization project or Medicare For All with its tax changes and you’ll see thousands of 45-60 year olds start waxing about the fiscal responsibility and legislative virtues of the Republican Party and about how ‘ultimately, for the country to do well both sides need a turn at the wheel’.

As long as people can find reasons to get nativist or focused on their taxes or whatever they’ll figure out reasons to legitimize the GOP, no matter what the past looks like.

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Oct 24, 2019

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
The Struggle against the Right in the Age of Neoliberalism

every time you think a corner has been turned and we’ve moved too far/they’ve blown themselves up too badly they just slooop their ruined flesh back together and shamble back to life before greedily eating our entrails

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I like how each right wing messaging effort literally lasts for like 30 minutes these days before getting collectively mocked out of the room
Well, lately they"ve only been getting about 30 minutes to work with before the next new major crime is revealed. There's no way they can keep any kind of coherent messaging at this point, they're trying to patch holes in a dam that already has water pouring over the top.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1187224585663635456
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1187225389892022273
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1187227271935021057

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Sanguinia posted:

Tillis had no choice, Dem base power is surging in NC, his only hope is energizing the R base, he has to put all his chips on black.

What's more interesting to me is Moran, who's not up for election in 2020 but the OTHER guy from Kansas is. Seems like he's really putting his fellow Senator in a very awkward spot given how strong the Ds were in Kansas in '18. Also kind of a Flag Planting on Portman's part since he's up in 2022 and that's the Dem's Big Chance year. Guess he's either hoping nobody will remember what he said regardless of which way it goes, or is supremely confident in Ohio's Red State status.
Kansas will not be in play for the Senate. Voting for a Democratic governor is their way of sending the Republicans to bed with no dessert for misbehaving. But the Senate is something else entirely. Republicans have won every Senate race since 1932, and next year will be no different.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
If a person ever starts a sentence with “everything I did, I did...”, that person is either in serious trouble or is currently in jail trying to explain to their family how they got there.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Doesn't surprise me. Jerry Moran and his ilk are a pustule on the rear end of Kansas. Bought and paid monsters hiding behind a veneer of godliness.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

What is chance Trump was not invited?

https://mobile.twitter.com/mikememoli/status/1187170388884774912

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

The Glumslinger posted:

Considering the articles about them having schemed this up with Trump yesterday, I really think the plan was to get arrested. I really think he wanted something that he could use as the Democrats abusing power. It would have been dumb, but it would have given other congressional Republicans a shield they'd deflect with every time they got asked a tough question about Trump's latest crime, and "Respectable" Republicans something to bothsides about in lovely op-eds

Yeah, this is what I suspected yesterday when people were calling for the sergeant at arms to clock them with a mace - they wanted a confrontation they could feed to their audience in Fox News as signs of corruption and a secret court.

Soft pedaling it was the right move. The invaders all looked dumb and Fox pretended it didn't happen.

Also notable, I talked to my chud friend about it and how a bunch of house reps deliberately storming a SCIF with their phones was different from Hillary and her server, and he refused to answer. This is loving them up internally.

Of course they'll find some dumb way to resolve the cognitive dissonance, but they're feeling it at the moment.

Inferior Third Season posted:

Kansas will not be in play for the Senate. Voting for a Democratic governor is their way of sending the Republicans to bed with no dessert for misbehaving. But the Senate is something else entirely. Republicans have won every Senate race since 1932, and next year will be no different.

People said this about Michigan and Pennsylvania in 2016.

Like you're not wrong, but it's also not impossible.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

It will be just like Mccain's funeral. Trump will just show up even though he was explicitly forbade to be there. Trump does not care about the feelings or desires of other people. He literally only cares about himself and furthering his own goals.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

DarkHorse posted:

Yeah, this is what I suspected yesterday when people were calling for the sergeant at arms to clock them with a mace - they wanted a confrontation they could feed to their audience in Fox News as signs of corruption and a secret court.

Soft pedaling it was the right move. The invaders all looked dumb and Fox pretended it didn't happen.

Also notable, I talked to my chud friend about it and how a bunch of house reps deliberately storming a SCIF with their phones was different from Hillary and her server, and he refused to answer. This is loving them up internally.

Of course they'll find some dumb way to resolve the cognitive dissonance, but they're feeling it at the moment.

People said this about Michigan and Pennsylvania in 2016.

Like you're not wrong, but it's also not impossible.

Kansas flipping D is way more serious than Pennsylvania or Michigan flipping R.

As we saw, results in similar states are linked. If every state bluer than Kansas flips you're losing states like Texas and Montana. We're talking about a 400 plus electoral vote clobbering.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
MLB better be firing that Umpire, they need diversity anyways to help prevent losses from all the civil suits piling up. Plus I am fueled by chud rage over sports stuff on social media. It's what keeps me going

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Charlz Guybon posted:

As we saw, results in similar states are linked. If every state bluer than Kansas flips you're losing states like Texas and Montana. We're talking about a 400 plus electoral vote clobbering.

inshallah

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

It's impossible to even fully comprehend the dimensions Donald Trump is playing chess in

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1187202379017420801?s=20

Dimensions within dimensions

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

All those opponents, all currently staring at their hyperboards, wondering how the big wet baby did it again ..

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Truly a crisis on infinite earths.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
In the magical world where Kansas flips Democrat, the Dems that took over the senate better crack through 10 SCOTUS appointments ASAP and flood the lower courts as hard as they can, because we’ll need every judge possible when the pendulum swings back towards full hard fascism with the next Trump.

Also speaking of which, I really would’ve imagined we’d be seeing the lawsuit that the Christian weirds think will reverse Roe v. Wade coming up to federal courts by now. Is this still down the line somewhere, or are they afraid to bring it up with a dementia-ridden GOP president with historically low approval ratings? Maybe they think that with their bizarre behavior and Nazi-like actions as of late that restricting women’s rights may be the last ounce of straw to break the camel’s back?

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

When they'll declare that you won no matter what happened it's pretty easy to add on more and more dimensions.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Ripoff posted:

In the magical world where Kansas flips Democrat, the Dems that took over the senate better crack through 10 SCOTUS appointments ASAP and flood the lower courts as hard as they can, because we’ll need every judge possible when the pendulum swings back towards full hard fascism with the next Trump.

Also speaking of which, I really would’ve imagined we’d be seeing the lawsuit that the Christian weirds think will reverse Roe v. Wade coming up to federal courts by now. Is this still down the line somewhere, or are they afraid to bring it up with a dementia-ridden GOP president with historically low approval ratings? Maybe they think that with their bizarre behavior and Nazi-like actions as of late that restricting women’s rights may be the last ounce of straw to break the camel’s back?

Maybe some of them think that if they outright do that then you energize your opponent and make your base complacent because they “won”, when smaller suits meant to slowly shut down and restrict access have the same effect.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

bobjr posted:

Maybe some of them think that if they outright do that then you energize your opponent and make your base complacent because they “won”, when smaller suits meant to slowly shut down and restrict access have the same effect.

https://twitter.com/errollouis/status/1187331083379101696

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

CubanMissile posted:

If a person ever starts a sentence with “everything I did, I did...”, that person is either in serious trouble or is currently in jail trying to explain to their family how they got there.

Some Walter White poo poo goddamn.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Charlz Guybon posted:

Are Texas and Montana similar states to Kansas?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

PerniciousKnid posted:

Are Texas and Montana similar states to Kansas?

They haven't been completely obliterated by republicans going full republican which is what's making Kansas shift (I'm not sold on that being a permanent change, either). Texas, however, has demographics that should be making republicans very nervous and has been looking like they're on the verge of a big political shift for a while. I don't know about Montana since why would someone pay attention to Montana.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

FizFashizzle posted:

It's impossible to even fully comprehend the dimensions Donald Trump is playing chess in

(timelessly, echoing through the cosmos) "Don't be a tough guy. Don't be a fool! I will call you later"

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Stereotype posted:

It may damage them for a while but it won't destroy them. They're like cockroaches who live on hate and fear. They'll scurry back to whatever dark holes they crawled out of, regroup, and then be right back at it in a maximum of five years.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

I don't think 'some' is rated for that load, Ideas Grover

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Meridian posted:

Every drat day. So if you look at the way the pendulum has been swinging you go from Bush who was terrible, to Clinton who was slightly less terrible to Bush II who was incredibly terrible to Obama for eight years and swing into Trump...if Bernie gets elected is a loving Nuke with a happy face on it the next Republican president?

It won't be smiling...

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

It may damage them for a while but it won't destroy them. They're like cockroaches who live on hate and fear. They'll scurry back to whatever dark holes they crawled out of, regroup, and then be right back at it in a maximum of five years.

Don't forget that about a third of the country is cool with all this. They'll be back.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
That seems a bit fast

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1187330396289003520

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

That's assuming they get necessary information turned over to them without having to go through the courts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

What's actually scary is that nearly 63M people voted to hand limitless power to a declining racist silverspoon fuckboi--and those people aren't going to be impeached, excommunicated, or face any consequence of their stupid, careless decisions.