Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1187390798784094209?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

hows that hold up when you have a 2 hour commute both ways because your job doesnt pay you enough to live anywhere near it?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Big fan of this new pattern of saying something really stupid, letting everyone gape at it for a few days, then explaining that what he really meant was something immensely stupid

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

0 rows returned posted:

hows that hold up when you have a 2 hour commute both ways because your job doesnt pay you enough to live anywhere near it?

Better than one of those 8 hour blocks covering half your living expenses. But hey there's two more 8 hour blocks to work in and make up the difference!

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

0 rows returned posted:

I guess that's a good reason to go for 3-day weekends instead of shorter work days.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Prester Jane posted:

This motherfucker deserves to have both his knees broken.

drat straight. This kid was in loving sixth grade. A loving sixth grader is being tossed around and assaulted by the pigs.

It gets worse too. She was a special needs kid that took one too many milk cartons from the school cafeteria. But yes, lets put more cops in schools so they can beat minority children before they get too uppity and demand equal rights.

https://twitter.com/SueBeeHun/status/1187027555037171717

The cop claims she "assaulted" school staff...she brushed past them. All cops are bastards

friendbot2000 fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Oct 24, 2019

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/BryanLowry3/status/1187391132596088833

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

How far away are we from Pompeo screaming "Deus Vult!" over and over when asked about foreign policy fuckups?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

friendbot2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/keithboykin/status/1187022153599897601

This sixth grader was resisting arrest. A loving sixth grader. What do cops do when a toddler fails to peekaboo? They must live in so much fear...

He claimed to the school official that an 11 year old girl who was unarmed is a threat.

This guy must be the wimpiest motherfucker to ever wear a police uniform if he really believes that, and one of the worst. He deserves to have both of his kneecaps shattered.

gently caress all cops.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nail Rat posted:

gently caress all cops.

https://twitter.com/FordFischer/status/1187385364668960768

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

friendbot2000 posted:

drat straight. This kid was in loving sixth grade. A loving sixth grader is being tossed around and assaulted by the pigs.

It gets worse too. She was a special needs kid that took one too many milk cartons from the school cafeteria. But yes, lets put more cops in schools so they can beat minority children before they get too uppity and demand equal rights.

The cop claims she "assaulted" school staff...she brushed past them. All cops are bastards

I’m going to be honest—I would stalk and murder a cop who did this to my daughter.

Disgusting loving pig.

That these parents haven’t done so yet proves they are much better people than I am.

AN 11 YEAR OLD. What the gently caress?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

friendbot2000 posted:

There were several teachers and the 11 year old's carer yelling at him to stop and that she wasn't a threat. While he was assaulting her.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

evilweasel posted:

to be clear, i think the study i was talking about was from the perspective of the employer, not the employee (who doesn't really give much of a drat about productivity). i 100% believe an employee working 30 hours a week is happier than one working 40 hours a week, provided it's not a 25% pay cut to do so.

this is what I was thinking. If you make an hourly wage you need those hours in order to meet your obligations. Yes I would like to work less hours but I sure as poo poo can't because im already working to barely make enough money to eat every day. Losing 5 to 10 hours would ensure that I am homeless.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Nail Rat posted:

He claimed to the school official that an 11 year old girl who was unarmed is a threat.

This guy must be the wimpiest motherfucker to ever wear a police uniform if he really believes that, and one of the worst.
Seriously, I can't even imagine living with the kind of all-pervading cowardice that leads to this kind of reaction. It's the same with the extreme 2nd Amendment crazies. How can you be so afraid of everything all the time and still consider yourself a functioning human being?

Though in cases like this, I assume it's less a matter of the cop actually being afraid, and more that he's just really enjoying it. Which is somehow much worse.

bobjr posted:

Also he did that because “she took too many milks”, which is totally an okay reason for slamming an 11 year old into concrete.
Wow, that's an entirely new level of lactose intolerance. I'm glad mine just gives me some digestive discomfort.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1187339967300812800

shocked Napolitano hasn't gotten fired yet

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I think they offered Shep a big package to leave and not say a drat thing. Napolitano probably wasn't offered such a thing so he's going to be the thorn in their side.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

I'm sure barr will have another meeting with Murdoch before long.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
American police departments need to be decimated. Like, Roman Legion decimated. gently caress 'em so hard.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Robot Hobo posted:

Seriously, I can't even imagine living with the kind of all-pervading cowardice that leads to this kind of reaction. It's the same with the extreme 2nd Amendment crazies. How can you be so afraid of everything all the time and still consider yourself a functioning human being?

Because a significant portion of cops got into it to compensate for their innate cowardice by volunteering for a state-sanctioned disproportionate power dynamic.

See also: Punisher logos, thin blue line bullshit.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

1glitch0 posted:

A fancy feast in every bowl, a ball with a bell in it on every floor, a laser light on every wall, catnip in every toy. This is the America we need to strive for.
Oh give me a home
Where Blue Buffalo roam
And tuxedos and calicos play
Where one hears quite a few
Of discouraging mews
Cause the chonker's not eaten all day

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Nonsense posted:

I think they offered Shep a big package to leave and not say a drat thing. Napolitano probably wasn't offered such a thing so he's going to be the thorn in their side.

Yeah but Shep was the odd one out for years so it was always assumed he had some kind of leverage. Napolitano appears to have shifted away from the company line very recently and rapidly which is out of character.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/AuthorKimberley/status/1187140946208739331

Great piece on how eviction damages communities and endangers women. Well worth the read

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Robot Hobo posted:

Not that it makes any of us feel any better, but consider that the dude was probably a hairs-breath away from just shooting her...

Policing in America is so far past distopic that we have to take stock of the providence of luck that a psychopath with a gun and a licence to kill chose only to beat the 11 year old girl....

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Robot Hobo posted:

Though in cases like this, I assume it's less a matter of the cop actually being afraid, and more that he's just really enjoying it. Which is somehow much worse.

The officer absolutely never felt threatened, his actions in that video or entirely about him using that 11 year old girl for his own egos satiation. The raw sense of power he gets from physically manhandling a human being who is not only incapable of Defending herself against him, but not socially permitted to either.

This man should never have any source of employment that involves any form of authority or any interaction with the general public ever again.

Also he deserves they have both his loving knees broken- maybe an elbow as well for good measure.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Oct 24, 2019

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Robot Hobo posted:

Wow, that's an entirely new level of lactose intolerance. I'm glad mine just gives me some digestive discomfort.

He's not afraid, he wanted to assault a child because he is a sadist that enjoys it. They are never afraid, that is a bullshit excuse they use because it works and shifts the discussion away from how outright evil the pigs are to nebulous concepts like "training"

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Robot Hobo posted:

I feel that often times it is people who have never had real conflict in their lives that could not be solved with force, so they assume any tiny concern that pops up is an existential threat. They have this delusion of safety, where they are safe all the time except for tiny things that they can stamp out, instead of the reality that no one is ever truly safe.

It's basically the idea that you cannot be courageous if you are not scared, because courage is being scared and acting as you should anyways. They are cowards who cling to their totems in the vain hope that they will be safe, and when they actually get scared or nervous they lash out with violence.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Abner Assington posted:

American police departments need to be decimated. Like, Roman Legion decimated. gently caress 'em so hard.

What, and leave 9/10 of them remaining?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Abner Assington posted:

That's only 1 in 10, that's way too few.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol

https://twitter.com/pdmcleod/status/1187403775188840448

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i feel like it would be unconstitutional for one chamber of congress to subpoena a member of the other, but i'm not actually sure about it

i think the speech and debate clause, as well as the right of each chamber to punish its own members, would prohibit it (the latter operating to clarify the 'shall not be questioned in any other place' to mean that they can only be questioned in their chamber, not in "congress" generally)

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Nail Rat posted:

This guy must be the wimpiest motherfucker to ever wear a police uniform if he really believes that, and one of the worst. He deserves to have both of his kneecaps shattered.

gently caress all cops.

Remember a few months ago when that guy in Texas got sentenced to 99 years in prison for flailing his bare foot at, and lightly striking, a police officer?

(tbf, the guy was an actual menace who simply would not stop driving cars while shitfaced drunk)

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

the practical reason, of course, why it won't happen is that the response would be for the house to immediately subpoena lindsey

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1187393680493158400

This seems like something that will explode soon

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

lol. says the idiot fundie who thinks if a enough domino fall in the right way, the loving apocolypse will happen and thats a good thing to him. gently caress this dumb trogs.

lol. its all loving bluster. they know its all true but they have to keep saying insane poo poo or the nutters will eat them.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

evilweasel posted:

i feel like it would be unconstitutional for one chamber of congress to subpoena a member of the other, but i'm not actually sure about it

i think the speech and debate clause, as well as the right of each chamber to punish its own members, would prohibit it (the latter operating to clarify the 'shall not be questioned in any other place' to mean that they can only be questioned in their chamber, not in "congress" generally)

yeah it's outright illegal, there'd be no recourse whatsoever to someone saying "lol no"

but, on the other hand, #WheresLindsey

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

CuddleCryptid posted:

I feel that often times it is people who have never had real conflict in their lives that could not be solved with force, so they assume any tiny concern that pops up is an existential threat. They have this delusion of safety, where they are safe all the time except for tiny things that they can stamp out, instead of the reality that no one is ever truly safe.

It's basically the idea that you cannot be courageous if you are not scared, because courage is being scared and acting as you should anyways. They are cowards who cling to their totems in the vain hope that they will be safe, and when they actually get scared or nervous they lash out with violence.

the evopsych answer to this, which is like all evopsych answers totally untestable just-so bullshit that is occasionally convincing sounding, is that we are not wired for contentment.

so when you put someone in a position where all their needs are taken care of, and most of their wants only require a tiny amount of additional effort, there is still that need to overcome and oppose because some part of your ancient lizard brain knows this could all go away tomorrow.

the suburbs breed Trumpism because the suburbs breed people whose every desire has been fulfilled, and yet they still feel unsatisfied. and so the tiny offenses of their day-to-day lives grow and grow and grow until they become existential struggles, and someone needs to Make America Great Again.

like it was back before they had everything they ever wanted, and still occasionally got a dopamine hit for overcoming adversity.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
Just remembered this is happening tomorrow and I'm hoping it will be as big a clusterfuck as it seems like:
https://twitter.com/Emma_Dumain/status/1185225195419766790

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

evilweasel posted:

The enoulments clause violations are at pretty advanced stages of litigation and likely to go before the Supreme Court soon, so it would be dangerous to include those and then have a 5-4 majority say that under the original intent of the founders, "enoulments" means "a jewel of precisely 69.420 carats, and nothing else whatsoever" and find that trump has not accepted any such jewels.

Rudy would absolutely, 100% go on Hannity and produce the gem in question on the night of the ruling, complete with scale and certificate of authenticity from the House of Saud.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

Just remembered this is happening tomorrow and I'm hoping it will be as big a clusterfuck as it seems like:

Oh *goddammit*.

Also what the gently caress Benedict, now I know why all the alums in my feed were rageposting

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Oct 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

Here’s hoping they deem Trump the lead speaker and schedule him last, so every other speaker can stand up and dunk on him hard the entire lead up to his speech. Get the audience cheering to chants of “impeach him” or something. All to see if they can piss him off enough he runs before his turn.

Knowing trump and his handlers, though, he’ll definitely be up there first and gone before the second speaker even gets near the podium.