Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Anything interesting?

You can access your PC boxes from the wild area using Rotom Phone without having to go to a Pokemon Center.

Also the magazine asked them whether the sausages in the artwork were made from Pokemon or from Animals and the Pokemon Company "did not like this question".

They eventually said you would have to go to Galar and try them to find out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

galagazombie posted:

The only non-birds that were half Normal before XY were Girafirig, which was probably to give it something over other Psychics (No weakness to Ghost). And Bibarrel, which I dunno, maybe it was because they thought the Route 1 varmint should always have Normal? Come gen 6 onward we've got at least 8 original families and some older Mons were re-typed into dual Normals. There was definitely a very noticeable shift.

Huh, never realized Deerling, Sawsbuck, and Meloetta were birds. The more you know.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Dehry posted:

Generation 9 is in development.

This is not at all a good outlook.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/pokexperto/status/1187376648892698625?s=19

You can access your pc box in the wild area

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

You can access your PC boxes from the wild area using Rotom Phone without having to go to a Pokemon Center.

Also the magazine asked them whether the sausages in the artwork were made from Pokemon or from Animals and the Pokemon Company "did not like this question".

They eventually said you would have to go to Galar and try them to find out.

Soylent Green is Miltank.

There’s a separate interview out saying the length is about the same as previous games.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.ign.com/articles/2019/10/24/pokemon-sword-and-shield-game-length-comparable-to-previous-games%3famp=1

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Dunsparce or qwillfish should really have gotten a shield evolution to be a counterpart to Sirfetch’d

Delibird

galagazombie posted:

The only non-birds that were half Normal before XY were Girafirig, which was probably to give it something over other Psychics (No weakness to Ghost).

Get glasses sis

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

qnqnx posted:

This is not at all a good outlook.

What were you expecting? Gen 4 remakes?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Lol thinking that Game Freak is not constantly working on the next games to keep up this release schedule

Also what old mons were retyped as dual normal?

PC Access in the Wild Area is awesome, another great idea brought back from Let's Go. But also that information was already out there, I think it was mentioned in a GameSpot video.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Zuzie posted:

What were you expecting? Gen 4 remakes?

The barest modicum of pretending the gens onwards are not disposable trash.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Lol thinking that Game Freak is not constantly working on the next games to keep up this release schedule

Also what old mons were retyped as dual normal?

PC Access in the Wild Area is awesome, another great idea brought back from Let's Go. But also that information was already out there, I think it was mentioned in a GameSpot video.

Igglybuff/Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff and Azurill are now Normal/Fairy

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

qnqnx posted:

Don't they have two teams? So the sword/shield team prob started working on gen 9 while the other team is making this gens second version or remake.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

qnqnx posted:

Everyone knows that the game is going to make bank either way and apparently they want to stick to the schedule they set for themselves.

Heck, I figure that the national dex cut means they aren't tied to making remakes (or other "second campaign" games like B2W2 or USUM) any longer, as the remake's original purpose was to increase the number of monsters available within a generation, which is no longer needed now that they decided to simply not program in monsters that aren't normally available within the game itself.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Avalerion posted:

Don't they have two teams? So the sword/shield team prob started working on gen 9 while the other team is making this gens second version or remake.

and Little Town Hero

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
A Pokemon game every 6 months

A Pokemon in every garage, two Pokémons in every pot

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Avalerion posted:

Last time I checked yeah, but I'm not sure of how things are anymore there.

Zuzie posted:

Everyone knows that the game is going to make bank either way and apparently they want to stick to the schedule they set for themselves.

Heck, I figure that the national dex cut means they aren't tied to making remakes (or other "second campaign" games like B2W2 or USUM) any longer, as the remake's original purpose was to increase the number of monsters available within a generation, which is no longer needed now that they decided to simply not program in monsters that aren't normally available within the game itself.

And without any new, good spinoff games to actually make use of the setting or new pokemon in a good way.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

qnqnx posted:

What does this even mean? They were probably working on the next generation during every previous generation. New games come out every year or so. How is this a surprise or a condemnation of Pokemon and not the norm?

Zore posted:

Igglybuff/Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff and Azurill are now Normal/Fairy
Oh, that is really confusing, I assumed it meant they went back and added normal type to something and I missed it, that would have been weird. This is just adding Fairy type on top of Normal type.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1187358061578653696

:negative:

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

And the world rejoiced.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

What does this even mean? They were probably working on the next generation during every previous generation. New games come out every year or so. How is this a surprise or a condemnation of Pokemon and not the norm?

Being this the norm is not acceptable, and even, it looks like they are doubling down on having each generation last less and less.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Pentaro posted:

And the world rejoiced.
To the contrary, I had more fun with Let's Go than USUM and I would have been overjoyed to play Let's Go Johto.

qnqnx posted:

Being this the norm is not acceptable, and even, it looks like they are doubling down on having each generation last less and less.
I guess I can kind of see where you're coming from. Previously it would've been something like

Sword and Shield -> Gun (3rd Version) -> D/P Remakes -> Generation 9.

Right? X/Y lacked a 3rd version, then Sun/Moon didn't have remakes before Generation 8. But given that they were working around moving to a new console I think it makes sense that things could get shuffled around. Ultimately, what's the difference between getting Gen 9 next VS getting D/P remakes in between? If they skip a new game next year and do Gen 9 in two years instead, I would be fine with that. If they somehow try and push Gen 9 out next year, then I will be concerned.

EDIT: Wait a second, Gen V didn't have remakes either. So that hasn't been the case since Gen IV and the only true "normal" is having at least two games per generation. This is silly.

Cipher Pol 9 fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Oct 24, 2019

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Yeah I rather they take a break from Pokemon and rest or take it slower.

Pokemon is big enough and the titles should be evergreen enough where they can survive a year without a mainline game.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

If Johto could stop getting screwed over, that'd be great

Did we ever get a release of the Johto Starters with their Hidden Abilities like what the Unova 'mons got during...2016 I think it was?

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Yeah I rather they take a break from Pokemon and rest or take it slower.

Pokemon is big enough and the titles should be evergreen enough where they can survive a year without a mainline game.

Judging by how expensive older Pokemon (3)DS games are in second-hand stores, this is definitely true. They could just print another run of BW2 or XY and print money, instead of releasing something in one year.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Vinylshadow posted:

If Johto could stop getting screwed over, that'd be great

Did we ever get a release of the Johto Starters with their Hidden Abilities like what the Unova 'mons got during...2016 I think it was?
I don't follow that kind of thing, but Google says-

quote:

The official Pokémon website has announced that the fully-evolved Johto starter Pokémon, which are Meganium, Typhlosion and Feraligatr, will be distributed with their Hidden Abilities to those who access Pokémon Bank accounts between Feb. 27, 2015 and Nov. 30, 2015.
Plus with all the Johto games on the eShop, HA Johto starters should be some of the most easily accessible, right?

Cipher Pol 9 fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Oct 24, 2019

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Sun/Moon didn't have remakes before Generation 8. But given that they were working around moving to a new console I think it makes sense that things could get shuffled around.

LGPE was gen VII, not VIII. 🗡️🛡️ are the first gen VIII games.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I don't follow that kind of thing, but Google says-

Plus with all the Johto games on the eShop, HA Johto starters should be some of the most easily accessible, right?

We're still missing the Johto Region in (proper) 3D though

There's also a distinct lack of Megas and Z-Moves for them, and I wouldn't be surprised if they get passed over for Gigantomax too

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
There's no o in Gigantamax.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

less laughter posted:

LGPE was gen VII, not VIII. 🗡️🛡️ are the first gen VIII games.
So there were remakes! Thanks! I meant Sword/Shield when I wrote that, I mean I know Let's Go is officially a mainline game or whatever and I really enjoyed it but because of the Kanto Pokemon Featuring Meltan dex I always forget about it as part of the core series.

Vinylshadow posted:

We're still missing the Johto Region in (proper) 3D though

There's also a distinct lack of Megas and Z-Moves for them, and I wouldn't be surprised if they get passed over for Gigantomax too
Agreed there, that's why I still personally want Let's Go Johto. Plus it's my fiance's favorite generation so she would be over the moon too.

Agreed on that second point too. There are still a lot of Gen 2 mons that could use an upgrade or a shiny new form. Gigantamax Qwilfish and Galar Ursaring, let's make it happen.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
With all the Kanto saturation, you really think bringing Johto back in 3D is the greatest idea?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Yep. Gimme Heartest Gold and Soulest Silver in 3D with cute buddies and revamped trainer/level balance and catch pools. Gimme gimme. If it lets them feed their Kanto lust by stapling the entirety of LGPE to the end of it, so be it.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

less laughter posted:

There's no o in Gigantamax.

There is in Super-de-Duper Turbo Ultradynamax

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I quite liked Let's Go and would've liked to see that be an ongoing side thing :/

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Macaluso posted:

I quite liked Let's Go and would've liked to see that be an ongoing side thing :/

mainline thing, and :same:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Fine with me. I don’t want another stripped down game that functions more like a mobile game designed to encourage you to waste money on micro transactions.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
LGPE was a normal full mainline Pokémon game, just with a different way of battling/catching wild mons. It was a delightful experience.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Geostomp posted:

Fine with me. I don’t want another stripped down game that functions more like a mobile game designed to encourage you to waste money on micro transactions.
If Pokemon Go played like Let's Go, I would play Pokemon Go.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
PokePass was like stupid easy to use. I walked outside of a Game Stop, clicked on "skip" for the scan part, and got the code for the shinies.

This is so much better than actual human interaction.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Yep. Gimme Heartest Gold and Soulest Silver in 3D with cute buddies and revamped trainer/level balance and catch pools. Gimme gimme. If it lets them feed their Kanto lust by stapling the entirety of LGPE to the end of it, so be it.

And flesh out the cities/routes now that you're no longer trying to fit two regions into the GameBoys memory.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
A thing I really liked about Let's Go was the way it handled shiny hunting. I hope with the Pokemon being in the overworld in the new one it'll be similar. Like I really hope shinies show up as shiny on the overworld screen and not just when you enter a battle with them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

To the contrary, I had more fun with Let's Go than USUM and I would have been overjoyed to play Let's Go Johto.
Yeah, I expected to dislike Let's Go, but then when I watched someone streaming it I decided to give it a shot and it was actually super fun. Streamlined gameplay without actually removing anything I disliked. Plus Eevee is cute.