Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Teenage Fansub posted:

The verse about his dead daughter not being able to rest in peace is something.

Holy poo poo! Someone needs to transcribe this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

JT Smiley posted:

Holy poo poo! Someone needs to transcribe this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ3iuBBASkA&t=187s

The lines run into each other, but it seems like...

"Everyone who prayed for his late daughter, you can just tell he appreciates all-a you/It's a shame Warner Brothers didn't respectfully let him reflect and grieve, instead they pressed delete on every epic scene/The second he requested they never even mentioned her in the credits. How's she gonna rest in peace?"

edit: That's the first time I've seen his daughter though. She was so young :/

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Oct 23, 2019

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Aphrodite posted:

He makes violent jerk superhero movies and people like violent jerks. And also violent jerk superhero movies.

so you're saying this whole mess could've been avoided if they had just hired him to make Lobo instead?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

OnimaruXLR posted:

so you're saying this whole mess could've been avoided if they had just hired him to make Lobo instead?

No, because Lobo’s a funny violent jerk.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

He's by all accounts really pleasant to work with, which is a rarity in Hollywood.

That's good. There do seem to be more people like that coming through. Isn't James Gunn supposed to be good to work with?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Everyone seems to love James Gunn.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Everyone except Bob Iger(may have named the wrong Disney exec)

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Teenage Fansub posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ3iuBBASkA&t=187s

The lines run into each other, but it seems like...

"Everyone who prayed for his late daughter, you can just tell he appreciates all-a you/It's a shame Warner Brothers didn't respectfully let him reflect and greave, instead they pressed delete on every epic scene/The second he requested they never even mentioned her in the credits. How's she gonna rest in peace?"

edit: That's the first time I've seen his daughter though. She was so young :/

Wow that's so tasteless.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Phylodox posted:

No, because Lobo’s a funny violent jerk.

Lobo inexplicably has some fans who aren't in on the joke, and who want a genuine gritty movie about him.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

JT Smiley posted:

Wow that's so tasteless.

The song, his fans or Zack Snyder himself?

Trick question, its obviously all of them.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

muscles like this! posted:

That too, motherfucker made 3 good movies in a 50 year career.

He made three of the best movies of all time and a pretty good movie about Dracula. So I'm willing to cut him some slack.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

He's by all accounts really pleasant to work with, which is a rarity in Hollywood.

Sarah Polley disagrees.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Alhazred posted:

He made three of the best movies of all time and a pretty good movie about Dracula. So I'm willing to cut him some slack.

Didn't even write them himself. Half points.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Alhazred posted:

Forever?
Ridley Scott made my #1 & #2 favorite films of all time back to back and then went on to make decades of movies I thought were "kinda cool" to "don't care", had some stupid opinions, and did some racism. I would get an equal chuckle if he tried to poo poo on Superhero movies.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I used to be with it! But then they changed what ‘it’ was! Now what I’m with isn’t ‘it’ anymore and what’s ‘it’ seems weird and scary! It’ll happen to you!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

At least so far.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Phylodox posted:

I used to be with it! But then they changed what ‘it’ was! Now what I’m with isn’t ‘it’ anymore and what’s ‘it’ seems weird and scary! It’ll happen to you!

No way man, we'll keep rocking, forever...forever...

EDIT : I thought this was the Boomer thread

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Oct 23, 2019

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/DonCheadle/status/1187070402184351744

https://twitter.com/DonCheadle/status/1187074562892025856

site fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 23, 2019

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

What’s the context here?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Open Marriage Night posted:

What’s the context here?
When Terrance Howard asked for more pay to reprise Rhodes in IM2 and was subsequently canned, Racist Old Uncleguy at Marvel was like "Cheadle? Yeah sure hire whoever all blacks look alike"

Cheadle thought the poster had reversed it (that Ike said that about Howard) and Cheadle was trying to set it straight when he realized he just misread it. Op was worried he would have angry fanboys clogging their feed as a result.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Incredible that Ike thinks Cheadle and Howard look even remotely similar

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SlimGoodbody posted:

Incredible that Ike thinks Cheadle and Howard look even remotely similar

Anecdotal but I used to be friends with a guy who thought every young black actor was Omar Epps.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I used to think every white actress was Helen Hunt.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Anecdotal but I used to be friends with a guy who thought every young black actor was Omar Epps.

I'm glad the past tense was used here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

IUG posted:

I'm glad the past tense was used here.

I am not a monster and that was just the tip of his racism iceberg.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Oh my godddd 🙈

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I used to think every young white guy in the 90's was Chris Klein. This lead me to think that Chris Klein was actually in some good movies.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Koalas March posted:

Oh my godddd 🙈

We went to see 2Fast 2 Furious DON'T YOU loving JUDGE ME and he seriously thought Epps and Tyrese were the same guy. Same thing happened with the 2004 Dawn of the Dead and Mekhi Phifer.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Madkal posted:

I used to think every young white guy in the 90's was Chris Klein. This lead me to think that Chris Klein was actually in some good movies.

You white, you Ben Affleck

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Rhyno posted:

I'm black and I used to always get Omar Epps confused with Omar Gooding. Just their names though, cause they look nothing alike.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

We went to see 2Fast 2 Furious DON'T YOU loving JUDGE ME and he seriously thought Epps and Tyrese were the same guy. Same thing happened with the 2004 Dawn of the Dead and Mekhi Phifer.

2fast is a good movie tho

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

2fast is a good movie tho

Oh site.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
What? It is! Its the series introduction to roman and tej, the car sequences are good, and it's the first time the series sees the absurdist elements that become staples of the series starting with 5

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's bad. Really bad. It's only become less terrible in retrospect because of the good things they've done with Roman and Tej.

Eject-O Seat does rule though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

site posted:

What? It is! Its the series introduction to roman and tej, the car sequences are good, and it's the first time the series sees the absurdist elements that become staples of the series starting with 5

Roman is the worst though.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

It's bad. Really bad.

I, disagree

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I liked Tokyo Drift... :shobon:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Roman's great. Tyrese seems to be a not great dude IRL though.

I'm kind of shocked they haven't pulled Cole Hauser out of mothballs as a villain for one of the new films.

Desperado Bones posted:

I liked Tokyo Drift... :shobon:

TD is amazing.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i know tyrese is problematic but i cant help but give him a tiny bit of leeway for being the only one who spoke up about hobbes and shaw considering i have complaints regarding the meta of that as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I haven't seen that one yet. First one I haven't seen in the theater.