Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Some good memes in there that I'm definitely going to steal.

https://twitter.com/dabi_hawks/status/1187159032458428416?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

Dudes like this make me real sad because eventually they hit that wall where they think all their dick-sucking and hard work has earned them a place at the table and they get "put in their place," but it never sticks that they were the foolish ones to believe being a good lapdog would ever get respect.

I like that one of the people defending him is a 19-year-old instagram '6 figure influencer' and provides 1 on 1 mentoring for dropshipping.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Memento posted:

Some good memes in there that I'm definitely going to steal.

https://twitter.com/dabi_hawks/status/1187159032458428416?s=19

:vince:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

real life is not a videogame there's no levels

im sorry to tell you there is no warp whistle to a better life, aside from the guillotine

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Pyroclastic posted:

I like that one of the people defending him is a 19-year-old instagram '6 figure influencer' and provides 1 on 1 mentoring for dropshipping.

That kind of reminds me of the time one of my friends decided to get into life coaching over Facebook messenger and informed me that he wouldn't continue talking to me unless I purchased his services.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/TomiLahren/status/1187105545997602816

That is powerful Boomer magic (incidentally part of his morning briefing are these printouts with praise and favorable headlines for our Special Boy)

https://twitter.com/RepJimBanks/status/1187103196436713474

Even trump's signature is the stupidest thing ever.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

How much you wanna bet that guy has a picture of him posing with his Lambo in a place that suspiciously looks like a Lambo dealership

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Jippa posted:

Even trump's signature is the stupidest thing ever.

It's sposed to look like Russian cursive, isn't it?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Pretty sure it's basically a guarantee that your signature gets stupider as you spend time in a role that means you have to sign a shitload of documents, and about the most definitive thing I can say about Donald Trump's work history is that he has definitely signed a lot of documents.

Trump's signature got stupid in a very different way than Nixon's famously did, although both of them definitely have a vibe that the person drawing it definitely just thought 'gently caress it' when it reached its final state.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Cleretic posted:

Pretty sure it's basically a guarantee that your signature gets stupider as you spend time in a role that means you have to sign a shitload of documents, and about the most definitive thing I can say about Donald Trump's work history is that he has definitely signed a lot of documents.

Trump's signature got stupid in a very different way than Nixon's famously did, although both of them definitely have a vibe that the person drawing it definitely just thought 'gently caress it' when it reached its final state.

I'd disagree that Trump has the "gently caress it" signature. I sign a shitload of stuff for work and the only thing you can really read with mine is the "S" that I start it off with. My signature has evolved pretty similarly to Nixons since I started having to do that.
Trump takes about 7-10 seconds to sign stuff (With a loving sharpie that fat classless gently caress) (I watched a few youtube videos of him signing poo poo to time it), as opposed to Nixon's final signature which probably took all of 2 seconds because he's not trying to show off.
When I sign something it's maybe a second because I'm not trying to make a big show of something, I just need to make my mark.
I'd give him the benefit of the doubt that he's taking his time for official stuff, but he signs personal correspondence the same way (see the printed out tweets (WTF) above) so it's just another way that he manages to annoy the poo poo out of me.

On the other hand, I tried timing Obama's signature. I get that the pens used are given out as fancy gifts and poo poo, but signing one letter per pen must be annoying as poo poo.

AFewBricksShy has a new favorite as of 13:35 on Oct 24, 2019

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/giantpoppywatch/status/1187107986097016833?s=21

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/wsj/status/1187198298811187201?s=21

Oh no!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Say what you will about rich folk, but even the dumb ones have an intuitive understanding that overexerting their employees and keeping them distracted/fatigued is by far the "easiest" way to avoid the guillotine. It's a horrible strategy because it means that stagnation is about the highest RoI you can hope for, and the smart play is to get out in front of your employees and be a leader instead of just the fattest hog, but well humans do love going for what they think is the path of least resistance.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Our Puritan cultural roots and belief that suffering is noble is a big part of this as well. I also don't think they are exploiting their employees because keeping them tuckered out is the best way to avoid the French Revolution, they're just exploiting them for money.

Tired: Death and Taxes
Wired:
https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1187347297539100672

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

mind the walrus posted:

Say what you will about rich folk, but even the dumb ones have an intuitive understanding that overexerting their employees and keeping them distracted/fatigued is by far the "easiest" way to avoid the guillotine. It's a horrible strategy because it means that stagnation is about the highest RoI you can hope for, and the smart play is to get out in front of your employees and be a leader instead of just the fattest hog, but well humans do love going for what they think is the path of least resistance.

remember back when the working class was required to work 16-hour days because they couldn't be trusted not to get up to mischief if they had any free time whatsoever

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

zoux posted:

Our Puritan cultural roots and belief that suffering is noble is a big part of this as well. I also don't think they are exploiting their employees because keeping them tuckered out is the best way to avoid the French Revolution, they're just exploiting them for money.

Wired:

Rubio... right about something?

Screenshot in case he deletes it:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Rubio is sharp, no denying that. That's definitely one of those sound bytes that is technically true but intentionally minimizes the big picture.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Coming from a religious background, nothing bugs me more than the folks who ostentatiously show their Christian BeliefsTM day in and day out, while simultaneously quintupling down on supporting someone who is the literal antithesis of those believes, to the point that the Bible literally spells out warnings against it. Like, there's plenty wrong with the belief system, but they're just happily throwing out the most basic 'love one another, do good but remember the ends don't justify the means" good person lessons that I learned all my childhood. Turns out they don't actually mean anything after all. It just makes it harder when the guy they're doing it for doesn't even have the decency to be competent or even the tiniest bit charismatic.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Marco Rubio endorses whipping bankers.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

zoux posted:

Wired:

Ah poo poo dude, I guess the party who happily aligns with regressive policies, blatant racism, disinformation, and unchecked greed is bad? And shouldn't be compromised with? But since they are the second party we should still enshrine their beliefs no matter the consequences, because the consequences of fighting back could be *gasp* uncivil

Also the loving gall of insinuating that the GOP is the Party of Christ. Putting kids in cages because Jesus would want people to respect our boarders.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Christianity hasn't been about Christ's teachings for a long, long time.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I blame Saul of Tarsus

Ah poo poo grandpa found out about TikTok
https://twitter.com/SenSchumer/status/1187386699170701313

zoux has a new favorite as of 16:28 on Oct 24, 2019

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Speaking of Republicans being idiots:

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1187088266283114496?s=20

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/BrookeOnAir/status/1187100670911864832

She is so good at this, zero grandstanding, just quick, sharp, pointed questions, and a lot of them. In fact there are a bunch of young (women) progressive Reps are are good at this, Ilhan Omar and Katie Porter being two particular examples.

Also reminder to delete facebook

https://twitter.com/verge/status/1187394441985843200

Can you believe it, the scheme for to get people to pay for poo poo they can get for free isn't working?! But they have famous podcasters, which is why people listen to podcasts.

quote:

Luminary has continued to publish new shows from major hosts — such as celebrities Lena Dunham, Trevor Noah, and Karamo Brown — on a regular basis.

lol

zoux has a new favorite as of 16:50 on Oct 24, 2019

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

zoux posted:

She is so good at this, zero grandstanding, just quick, sharp, pointed questions, and a lot of them. In fact there are a bunch of young (women) progressive Reps are are good at this, Ilhan Omar and Katie Porter being two particular examples.

Goddamn, that's a murderous loving roasting. I also love how Zuckerberg is completely incapable of owning up to anything with a clear yes or no answer.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

PurpleXVI posted:

Goddamn, that's a murderous loving roasting. I also love how Zuckerberg is completely incapable of owning up to anything with a clear yes or no answer.

That's a tactic. Congress members have limited time to ask questions so you answer slowly and comprehensively. If it is to be said, so it is

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah she absolutely nails her timing, knowing he's going to give a non-answer and just blasts through to the next burn.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I had to immediately share it on Facebook

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://mobile.twitter.com/Alyssa_Milano/status/1187199191883206657

Par for the course for Alyssa at this point.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

We already got one and his name is Pierre Delecto

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah she absolutely nails her timing, knowing he's going to give a non-answer and just blasts through to the next burn.

"Congresswoman, I don't remember everything that was in-"
"That's okay, I'll move on"

:drat:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Famous writer and even more famous TERF Julie Burchill has opinions on bisexuality:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Nastyman posted:

"Congresswoman, I don't remember everything that was in-"
"That's okay, I'll move on"

Yeah, the "Oh, I already knew you were going to dodge that question, but you didn't instantly reject the premise, so we'll move on to the next one because the point's been made anyway" response is extremely potent stuff.

Yavuz
Oct 9, 2019

TinTower posted:

Famous writer and even more famous TERF Julie Burchill has opinions on bisexuality:

"You're a dude who's having sex with another dude, we're going to kill you!"
"Wait a minute, I'm not gay, I'm bisexual!"
"Oh, why didn't you say so? Guess we'll just let you go, then."

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

zoux posted:

When HBomberguy called her the future president of the US, he wasn't joking.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
Relevant as gently caress:

I don't know how best to point out that this is some supreme oppositeofreality.txt

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

trickybiscuits posted:

When HBomberguy called her the future president of the US, he wasn't joking.

I went to school with a guy who is now a Bernie Bro who believes that all Republicans are corrupt racists except for Trump, who is noble and unfairly maligned when he sacrificed so much. Hates Hillary (fair), Gabbard (warmonger), and AOC(?!) Because she’s a dumb, divisive bitch. He’s neutral and detached on other Democrats. He hasn’t posted anything political in a while, which is good because reading his posts makes me feel what a Lovecraft character feels when looking an Elder God.

I agree with you, but hoo boy that election will suuuck.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 21:12 on Oct 24, 2019

Yavuz
Oct 9, 2019

Dr Christmas posted:

I went to school with a guy who is now a Bernie Bro who believes that all Republicans are corrupt racists except for Trump, who is noble and unfairly maligned when he sacrificed so much. Hates Hillary (fair), Gabbard (warmonger), and AOC(?!) Because she’s a dumb, divisive bitch. He’s neutral and detached on other Democrats. He hasn’t posted anything political in a while, which is good because reading his posts makes me feel what a Lovecraft character feels when looking an Elder God.

I agree with you, but hoo boy that election will suuuck.

:chloe:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's always nice when you can suss out that someone's opinions on politics are entirely on a bumper-sticker slogan level of depth

What's your most trusted source of news? Oh, the political cartoon page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Dr Christmas posted:

Hates Hillary (fair), Gabbard (warmonger), and AOC(?!) Because she’s a dumb, divisive bitch.

What do they have in common hmmmm :thunkher:

What could he possibly hate :thunkher: