Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
If anyone's wondering who I am, I'm the one holding the big black umbrella and wearing a jumper over my shoulders on the top floor. The queue to get in was impressively large.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
At what point does the election become good for Labour? The minute a suitable extension goes through?

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
https://twitter.com/GuardianHeather/status/1187437151098671104

https://twitter.com/matt_dathan/status/1187437558524981248

from Graunblog. Would that I be a fly on the leader office wall.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

quote:

He said he did not know why his home had been targeted.

Masood Ahmed

I cracked the case

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What is the intent if not a general election soon? We only have until the end of january to get one done?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

https://twitter.com/DawnHFoster/status/1187442050314231814
https://twitter.com/DawnHFoster/status/1187442753170477056

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Darth Walrus posted:

If anyone's wondering who I am, I'm the one holding the big black umbrella and wearing a jumper over my shoulders on the top floor. The queue to get in was impressively large.

I'm the guy in the green jacket drinking a beer in the main area.

No, the other guy.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
But I thought Brexit meant taking back control from being dictated to by the EU?

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
https://twitter.com/matt_dathan/status/1187441062316597250

https://twitter.com/DawnHFoster/status/1187443463522000902

it may be a bid to encourage the EU not to pursue the conditional extension that the BBC is hinting

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

will 'so have you stopped beating your wife' ever disappear as an interview tactic

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

love this babby journalism

mr corbyn my head hurts, please just give me a one word answer!!!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1187412367237402624?s=21

lol cummings

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
I love that they keep trying to contrive ways for no deal to happen and they keep failing in more and more comical ways.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf6GkvD5bbE

someone's reading the thread!

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

While most of the time it makes me a bit nervous, I kind of admire the Corbyn team's willingness to endure bad press in order to achieve a bigger strategic goal.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Necrothatcher posted:

While most of the time it makes me a bit nervous, I kind of admire the Corbyn team's willingness to endure bad press in order to achieve a bigger strategic goal.

Yeah it's very impressive though in the context of a relentlessly hostile media it makes sense. It's not like they're going to get any sympathetic coverage if they play to the "narrative" instead.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

RabidWeasel posted:

I love that they keep trying to contrive ways for no deal to happen and they keep failing in more and more comical ways.

It's like if everyone kept trying everything Baldrick suggested, over and over again.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Really the press constantly hammering at Corbyn 24/7 365 makes it a bit harder for them to exert pressure when they actually want to force an outcome. When they're gonna be unfairly treated either way and they're completely used to it, they can basically do what they need to. It's not like they could control the narrative anyway, and they learned that lesson a long time ago

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This band currently playing the Labour rally kinda slaps

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Rarity posted:

This band currently playing the Labour rally kinda slaps

Is this good or bad? Asking for an old man.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Slapping is good in the musical context.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Someone's playing slap bass and Rarity is really into that

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Bundy posted:

Is this good or bad? Asking for an old man.

If something is 'the slap' it means it's real good

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm upgrading that to very slaps.

Oh, and I'm the tall blonde in the red hoodie if anyone cares

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
boris swore i'd be personally able to piss on his damp wet corpse

i will never again trust a politician

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Rarity posted:

I'm upgrading that to very slaps.

Oh, and I'm the tall blonde in the red hoodie if anyone cares

Send selfies pls :swoon:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

boris swore i'd be personally able to piss on his damp wet corpse

i will never again trust a politician

It's not November 1st yet! Don't give up hope.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
it isn't normal to whip before officially deciding something, and if it was really about NDB it would be a whip against, not to abstain

it is possible the shadow cabinet agreed to whip but Corbyn had his own read on the meeting minutes

in any case the EU27 response is soon and any ambiguity will last at most another day... right??

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

ronya posted:

it isn't normal to whip before officially deciding something, and if it was really about NDB it would be a whip against, not to abstain

it is possible the shadow cabinet agreed to whip but Corbyn had his own read on the meeting minutes

in any case the EU27 response is soon and any ambiguity will last at most another day... right??

They're whipping abstain until the EU makes a decision. It's a lot easier to go from Abstain to Yes (if a long extension is granted) or Abstain to No (if not) then it is to go from Yes to No or No to Yes.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Owen Jones is on Novara arguing that Labour needs to come out swinging for an election right now, Labour MPs are tweeting at him and ringing him up live on air

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

quote:

A study from content marketing company Searchmetrics found the BBC, The Guardian and The Independent showing most regularly when users searched. That means “the Google search results are more likely to feature pro-Remain coverage, with pro-Brexit reports in The Daily Express, The Daily Telegraph or The Sun appearing less frequently,” said Stephen Bench-Capon, senior content marketing manager at the site.

Those findings led a number of pro-Brexit websites to suggest that the results could be the consequence of bias against the campaign to leave the EU.

well i never

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
2nd musical act isn't so good but got to have something for the oldies I suppose

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Bench-Capon isn't a real name gently caress off

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I can't wait to see how hard he clings to the 'I passed my Brexit deal through Parliament' lie in an election. People who don't know/care that it's a lie will use it to handwave the last two months of failures. 'He got there in the end, he just needs a Tory majority to stop parliament from dithering any longer'.

It's so loving transparent but it's going to be so loving successful for him.

stev fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Oct 24, 2019

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

The press will gleefully amplify it too, and when later called out will say that it was actually Corbyn's fault for not pointing out that they went along with it.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Steve2911 posted:

I can't wait to see how hard he clings to a 'I passed my Brexit deal through Parliament' lie in an election. People who don't know/care that it's a lie will use it to handwave the last two months of failures. 'He got there in the end, he just needs a Tory majority to stop parliament from dithering any longer'.

It's so loving transparent but it's going to be so loving successful for him.

I don't know about that. I think many in this thread massively overestimate how politically engaged people generally are. To most people who voted leave, this is going to be another Tory leader who made a promise and broke it - "we're still not out". A lot of these people are shockingly thick and are unable to understand why the country didn't just "leave" in June 2016 immediately after the referendum.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Some union lady is doing a whole stand up set and I am quite literally here for it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Welp, Corbz is stuck in London so we got fobbed off with the Shadow Justice Secretary. Understandable and this lad's solid but still a bit gutting.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Rarity posted:

Welp, Corbz is stuck in London so we got fobbed off with the Shadow Justice Secretary. Understandable and this lad's solid but still a bit gutting.

get them to make the recruiters stop loving me over tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
They need to get their fingers out and get a hologram setup organised so JC can appear at multiple rallies simultaneously from the comfort of his living room.

I'll bet he has a writing bureau that he actually uses to write letters and keeps his television locked away in a cabinet :3: